Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,600 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Akatas On Nairaland - Culture (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Akatas On Nairaland (40252 Views)

Are Black Africans (Nigerians) And Africans In America (Akatas) Really Different / Why Akatas Treated Better Than Africans Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (34) (Go Down)

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 14, 2012
Shollypopz: I mean look @ d thread, u were among the people doing most of the talking,
I noticed d thread and made one or two comments and now all i think about is Akata and Royal. All my other comments on this section and other sections must be irrelevant.
Did i create this thread??
If you want to go in on someone, do it like someone that has a brain. Stop talking rubbish, if someone had read ur post they would think majority of my post is on Akatas and Royal. Like really, stop d bullsh*t #not funny

Lol look @ your comment history just about most of the AA vs African threads updated recently consists of at least one of your anti-American rants. grin

Don't even try it. The only reason THIS thread was made was to spite me since myself and pagan had a disagreement on the old wodaabe thread. If you knew the facts PRIOR to judging you would have known that. But no, you ALWAYS jump the gun and feel you need to say something to feel superior. NEWS FLASH: you are NO different from the next 'negro'.

"AAs start with Africans"....I forgot who said that but this thread being created by a Nigerian alone shows you to be a JOKE.

Look into things and make sense of non-sense people. For real.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 14, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Typical people?

you mean like the growing epidemic of Cameroonian men who literally send their women to Europe/France to sell their azz and send the profit back to Younde/Doula?

Or your yeye Olympic team that check mated the system and ran off "for economic reasons" Embarrassing the entire African continent in the process - FOR SURE!

Or do you also mean your people who are known for stripping their women naked in public just for wearing mini skirts and tube tops?

Don't ride the coat tail of Nigerians who alone really represent the model African student in the west. You only speak for your own.

Please, don't start because when I am done with you, "wasteman" would be all you see when you look in the mirror.

Sambos...NOW i can go home smiley lol.
first of voice is your namne mrschimp? why do you feel the need to reply to a comment which is not addressed to you?

2)1st bold part : after an assertion like that i was excepting a link ...lmao see the lie ... tongue

3)2nd bolld part: ivorian and algerian did the same thing so i don't how the Cameroonian are disgracing Africa with everything we do for the continent ....furthermore at least they will take advantage of the opportunity in the west ...we are dynamic and i won't be surprised when they will become successful..by the way uneducated fool ..their visas haven't yet expired so calm down ....lmao tongue tongue

3) 3rd bold part : enough with the lie at least bring a video or a picture any link......this happened in Ivory coast but the most educated BA and other carribean stuff can't make the difference between Cameroon and Ivory coast ....the average BA thinks Africa is a country so i'm not surprised by your mistake tho i'm pretty sure that it was intentional

4) please stfu ....nigerians are known in the usa cause they are numerous ....Cameroonian in the usa are successful people.....intelligent and degree holder(you want name just ask) ......but since the majority of Cameroonian are french speaker ...you will find us most in french, Belgium, Switz and Germany........so stop with the lie...m the one who will not go in your direction ..so i wont diss your people ...your comments are enough to do that

2 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
"They ran but their visas' aren't expired so it's ok"...

Tell me this is meant to be comedy? Seriously. grin

These guys go MIA at the olympics and only plan to stay until their visas expire? grin

They broke the law only to abide by it? "unplug your computer son" grin grin grin grin

And you really want me to provide the links to those facts? Ok. No problem!

brb.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
And what did you say about Caribbeans?

Are you insinuating that we do not take education in America as seriously as Cameroonians?

Please you must have us confused with those low lifes in the UK....

Do you need me to post some Caribbean American stats?!
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:19pm On Aug 14, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: first of voice is your namne mrschimp? why do you feel the need to reply to a comment which is not addressed to you?

2)1st bold part : after an assertion like that i was excepting a link ...lmao see the lie ... tongue

3)2nd bolld part: ivorian and algerian did the same thing so i don't how the Cameroonian are disgracing Africa with everything we do for the continent ....furthermore at least they will take advantage of the opportunity in the west ...we are dynamic and i won't be surprised when they will become successful..by the way uneducated fool ..their visas haven't yet expired so calm down ....lmao tongue tongue

3) 3rd bold part : enough with the lie at least bring a video or a picture any link......this happened in Ivory coast but the most educated BA and other carribean stuff can't make the difference between Cameroon and Ivory coast ....the average BA thinks Africa is a country so i'm not surprised by your mistake tho i'm pretty sure that it was intentional

4) please stfu ....nigerians are known in the usa cause they are numerous ....Cameroonian in the usa are successful people.....intelligent and degree holder(you want name just ask) ......but since the majority of Cameroonian are french speaker ...you will find us most in french, Belgium, Switz and Germany........so stop with the lie...m the one who will not go in your direction ..so i wont diss your people ...your comments are enough to do that

^speaking on the last line, it true. french speakers generally go to french-speaking nations there are many malians, algerians, nigeriens, cameroonians, etc., in france.

2 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 14, 2012
MsDarkSkin: And what did you say about Caribbeans?

Are you insinuating that we do not take education in America as seriously as Cameroonians?

Please you must have us confused with those low lifes in the UK....

Do you need me to post some Caribbean American stats?!
do not even compare....i say you want name and pic just ask ....you will see how Cameroonian come in the usa and become successful.....an yes put the stats /the link/videos/picture of all your lies .....go ahead i'm waiting

2 Likes

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 14, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Lol look @ your comment history just about most of the AA vs African threads updated recently consists of at least one of your anti-American rants. grin

Don't even try it. The only reason THIS thread was made was to spite me since myself and pagan had a disagreement on the old wodaabe thread. If you knew the facts PRIOR to judging you would have known that. But no, you ALWAYS jump the gun and feel you need to say something to feel superior. NEWS FLASH: you are NO different from the next 'negro'.

"AAs start with Africans"....I forgot who said that but this thread being created by a Nigerian alone shows you to be a JOKE.

Look into things and make sense of non-sense people. For real.
You should start by taking your own advice......
"Did i create this thread" was totally misinterpreted. lol, Typical!
What i meant by that is i never create any thread concerning Akatas or Royal, (u said that's all i think about rit??)
@ d 'bolded': So is your posts MsDark, if we try counting, lmao! u are way ahead of me in Anti-African rants. I really do not understand what I did uniquely for my posts to be singled out. I make a few comments on "Akata" threads and now that's all i think about?--This statement was stupidly baseless.
[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtdz-MwCI_3aGiWSBt5AE5M7590sHo9ic1zeaGyJNDvCbuxDLgy5KtNOxu[/img]

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 14, 2012
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 14, 2012
Shollypopz:
You should start by taking your own advice......
"Did i create this thread" was totally misinterpreted. lol, Typical!
What i meant by that is i never create any thread concerning Akatas or Royal, (u said that's all i think about rit??)
@ d 'bolded': So is your posts MsDark, if we try counting, lmao! u are way ahead of me in Anti-African rants. I really do not understand what I did uniquely for my posts to be singled out. I make a few comments on "Akata" threads and now that's all i think about?--This statement was stupidly baseless.

show me where I have been "anti african" and I will how you a liar.

I have always been against people stating lies and being onesided. I have sonned AAs, Caribbeans AND Africans alike ON THIS SITE for coming incorrect as I am not fake, nor am I bigoted unlike you who literally hunt for AA or other tribalist rows to throw your nonsensical opinions on.

I am way passed you. PLEASE!

Girl stop. You live off of stereotypes, I am about those facts.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 14, 2012
http://faroutliers./2007/03/19/black-immigrant-model-minorities/

Black Immigrant Model Minorities
Clarence Page takes a closer look at a well-camouflaged model minority in the U.S.—new black immigrants.

WASHINGTON-Do African immigrants make the smartest Americans? The question may sound outlandish, but if you were judging by statistics alone, you could find plenty of evidence to back it up.

In a side-by-side comparison of 2000 census data by sociologist John R. Logan at the Mumford Center, State University of New York at Albany, black immigrants from Africa average the highest educational attainment of any population group in the country, including whites and Asians.

For example, 43.8 percent of African immigrants had achieved a college degree, compared to 42.5 of Asian Americans, 28.9 percent for immigrants from Europe, Russia and Canada, and 23.1 percent of the U.S. population as a whole.

That defies the usual stereotypes of Asian Americans as the only “model minority.” Yet the traditional American narrative has rendered the high academic achievements of black immigrants from Africa and the Caribbean invisible, as if it were a taboo topic.

[wikipedia]
"Immigrants & Foreign-born

Educational attainment rates change when it comes to comparing the same races against immigrants or foreign born students. Black African and Caribbean immigrant groups to the U.S report having higher levels of education then any other group.

Of all foreign-born U.S. residents, foreign born Africans (those who came from the African continent) had a higher level of educational attainment than any other racial or ethnic group in the United States.

They tend to be highly educated and be fluent in English. This trend was first reported in the 1990s' by the Journal of blacks in Higher Education and still continues today.

According to the U.S census, "43.8 percent of African immigrants had achieved a college degree, compared with 42.5 of Asian-Americans, 28.9 percent for immigrants from Europe, Russia and Canada and 23.1 percent of the U.S. population as a whole."

The educational attainment amount varies by group. According to the U.S. Census, out of the African populations, Nigerians reported to having the highest level of education in the U.S Nigerian immigrants have the highest levels of education in this city and the nation, surpassing whites and Asians"
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

I have always been against people stating lies and being onesided. I have sonned AAs, Caribbeans AND Africans alike ON THIS SITE for coming incorrect as I am not fake, nor am I bigoted unlike you who literally hunt for AA or other tribalist rows to throw your nonsensical opinions on.

LMAO, Am i to start looking through ur posts for anti-Nigerian comments??!
SMH.....It's ok MsDark, i hear you...this has been quite tiring
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
MsDarkSkin: http://www.ipsnews.net/2005/07/rights-cameroon-when-husbands-become-pimps/

http://www.cameroonet.com/2011/08/can-you-send-your-wife-to-europe-to-sell-sex/

http://bomapeters..com/2012/06/girl-stripped-completely-naked-for.html
1) 2005? really? not only your links do not say the percentage or the numbers of Cameroonian involved in such act...what was the collection data procedure ? how do they know they are married? smh

2)sha ...now prostitution= Cameroonian last time i checked all countries have prostitute ......and Cameroon/Africa is at the bottom of the list in such things....so still don't get your point when you point out prostitution ....at least in not legalized and encouraged like some do in their great country ..lmao

3) i didn't read the 3rd link it doesn't worth.....i can do the same about your x100000000 ....

4) to conclude bring me recent fact not some old and non-scientific studies ...and by the way can u please clarify your point cause i'm lost in what you are trying to do or say
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
Excerpt from:

Black Immigrants and Black Natives Attending Selective Colleges and Universities in the United States

The number of black immigrants has more than doubled over the past decade, and Afro-Caribbeans (persons from non-Spanish-speaking islands in the West Indies, such as Jamaica and Trinidad) now comprise around 70 percent of a foreign-born black population of 2.1 million,Black Immigrant and Native College Students 246 American Journal of Education with most of the rest coming from the continent of Africa (Logan and Deane 2003).

Jamaican emigration, in particular, is among the most class selective of all immigrant streams, and second-generation Jamaican immigrants perform very favorably compared with black natives across a range of social and economic outcomes in the United States (Butcher 1994). Those migrants who leave Jamaica for a better life in the United States are far from a cross section of Jamaican society (Beine et al. 2001). Rather, Jamaican emigrants tend to be members of the skilled middle class whose mobility aspirations have been frustrated at home, thus prompting them to look abroad for expanded opportunities. Jamaicans constitute the largest Afro-Caribbean migration stream, followed by Haitians.....

....Africans are the most educated immigrant group, with many originally coming to the United States to pursue a college or professional degree. Their educational attainment at 14 years even exceeds
that of whites and Asians at 12.9 and 13.1 years, respectively. The median income for Africans is over $45,000, compared with $41,000 for Afro-Caribbeans and just under $36,000 for native-born African Americans.

Africans also live in more racially integrated neighborhoods than native blacks, typically locating in areas where nearly 50 percent of residents are white. The residential environments of Afro-Caribbeans and native-born African Americans are similar, with both experiencing much higher levels of segregation (Logan and Deane 2003).

The former British colonies of Ghana and Nigeria contribute the greatest number of African e´migre´ s.
Despite sound theoretical reasons for expecting an overrepresentation of immigrants among African American college students, the degree of overrepresentation surprised many observers and has became quite controversial.

The controversy erupted in 2004, when two prominent African American intellectuals—Henry Louis Gates and Lani Guinier—pointed out to a reunion of black Harvard alumni that a majority of those present were of West Indian or African origin, not the descendants of African American slaves...

....One side argued that the disproportionate
benet bestowed upon immigrant blacks was inappropriate and contrary to the spirit of affirmative action, whereas the other side argued that there was nothing illegitimate about rewarding people of African ancestry who were
motivated, worked hard, and achieved high academic distinction, whatever their origins.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 14, 2012
MsDarkSkin: http://faroutliers./2007/03/19/black-immigrant-model-minorities/

so now you are caribbean .....lol ...and you call people bigot and azz kisser ?

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by suyu: 10:44pm On Aug 14, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

You and chima are based on facts, yeah right, lol

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:46pm On Aug 14, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: [b] 1) 2005? really? not only your links do not say the percentage or the numbers of Cameroonian involved in such act...what was the collection data procedure ? how do they know they are married? smh

2)sha ...now prostitution= Cameroonian last time i checked all countries have prostitute ......and Cameroon/Africa is at the bottom of the list in such things....so still don't get your point when you point out prostitution ....at least in not legalized and encouraged like some do in their great country ..lmao

3) i didn't read the 3rd link it doesn't worth.....i can do the same about your x100000000 ....

4) to conclude bring me recent fact not some old and non-scientific studies ...and by the way can u please clarify your point cause i'm lost in what you are trying to do or say

I knew you were going to come with that "2005 argument" absolutely. You are naive or a new fo0l if you think that pathetic lifestyle is over. What do you mean percentage? The fact that it happens is pathetic in its own right. You are trying to use a minority of AAs who are fck ups to type cast the entire group and yet you dare ask me for percentage?

You're a clown.

Of course you are going to skip links. You're known for that. You run from your own sad reality and try to judge others.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 14, 2012
suyu:

You and chima are based on facts, yeah right, lol

unlike you i have provided links to back up my claims in every argument or debate.
You just type and cosign. Not even on my level.

Even when you climb up you still look up to me. grin
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 14, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: so now you are caribbean .....lol ...and you call people bigot and azz kisser ?

Oh yeah I forgot Jamaica is in the Indian Ocean.

This ode nor born well at all.

Ladies don't smoke drugs when preggers.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by suyu: 10:52pm On Aug 14, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

unlike you i have provided links to back up my claims in every argument or debate.
You just type and cosign. Not even on my level.

Even when you climb up you still look up to me. grin

Links for what......your facts are when you and chima say statements against nigerians.

When chima and royal say how high................you follow

The so called one that got busted for showing pictures of herself to the somali on the AA thread.....

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 14, 2012
Shollypopz:
LMAO, Am i to start looking through ur posts for anti-Nigerian comments??!
SMH.....It's ok MsDark, i hear you...this has been quite tiring

Exactly because you're a liar.
Nothing I said offensive about Nigerians compare to your retorts about AAs.

But it's all good cause at the end of the day all you can do is rant and type.

Type, type, type it up! tongue

Do you.
MsDarkSkin:

I knew you were going to come with that "2005 argument" absolutely. You are naive or a new fo0l if you think that pathetic lifestyle is over. What do you mean percentage? The fact that it happens is pathetic in its own right. You are trying to use a minority of AAs who are fck ups to type cast the entire group and yet you dare ask me for percentage?

You're a clown.

Of course you are going to skip links. You're known for that. You run from your own sad reality and try to judge others.
i run from ignorance ....and i lost my aunt today so m not going in to rant...chill ...2005 is not a fake argument since laws have been created for such acts ...like i said as a jamaican you should know what i'm talking about because there it's even worst .....your family send the handsome guys on the beach during vacations to attract unattractive old white ladies...and do not even deny that...chill ...let me cry my aunt i asked u to make a thread i will reply u in the weekend ....
suyu:

Links for what......your facts are when you and chima say statements against nigerians.

When chima and royal say how high................you follow

The so called one that got busted for showing pictures of herselfhis to the somali on the AA thread.....

Yup this same one who got busted, called out AND exposed.
Still 20 steps ahead!

Now 21.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 14, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: i run from ignorance ....and i lost my aunt today so m not going in to rant...chill ...2005 is not a fake argument since laws have been created for such acts ...like i said as a jamaican you should know what i'm talking about because there it's even worst .....your family send the handsome guys on the beach during vacations to attract unattractive old white ladies...and do not even deny that...chill ...let me cry my aunt i asked u to make a thread i will reply u in the weekend ....

lol. S3x tourism in tiny azz Jamaica is baby weight to the numbers of Africans (esp. Cameroonians) who are picked up in bulks to be exploited by foreigners. Cameroon alone has a bad rep. for s3x trafficking.

Sorry about your loss. It's never easy losing a loved one but don't try to use that as a shield and pass messages slyly.
I got baggage for days I can bring up on your end.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by suyu: 10:56pm On Aug 14, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Yup this same one who got busted, called out AND exposed.
Still 20 steps ahead!

Now 21.

Everybody knew about the somali got busted?......it is you who brought yourself low to him that got youeself in trouble
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 14, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Oh yeah I forgot Jamaica is in the Indian Ocean.

This ode nor born well at all.

Ladies don't smoke drugs when preggers.
you missed the point/irony ...uon others threads u are eager to say u are a BA/American but when a scientific article shows how Africans despite the adversity are successful ...you are hurry to highlight the part in the article where they said "jamaican" .......in others words u are a BIGOT BA azz kisser ......i'm done for today let me cry my aunt in peace
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

Exactly because you're a liar.
Nothing I said offensive about Nigerians compare to your retorts about AAs.

But it's all good cause at the end of the day all you can do is rant and type.

Type, type, type it up! tongue

Do you.

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
suyu:

Everybody knew about the somali......it is you who brought yourself low to him that got youeself in trouble

lol.

that's all you can talk about because like I said you are not on my level.
You can't come back and make up for your fcks ups on this thread so you bring up stale news?

JOKE...

Now 22 STEPS.

Step it up and fix up.
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by suyu: 11:01pm On Aug 14, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

lol.

that's all you can talk about because like I said you are not on my level.
You can't come back and make up for your fcks ups on this thread so you bring up stale news?

JOKE...

Now 22 STEPS.

Step it up and fix up.

I made Bleep ups on the thread? No I didnt

The one who kept posting to herself and bumping up the thread
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 14, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: you missed the point/irony ...uon others threads u are eager to say u are a BA/American but when a scientific article shows how Africans despite the adversity are successful ...you are hurry to highlight the part in the article where they said "jamaican" .......in others words u are a BIGOT BA azz kisser ......i'm done for today let me cry my aunt in peace

LOL.

You are not the brightest person on this forum.

EVERYONE on here knows I am half African American and half Jamaican.
EVERYONE knows. Although I am more into my Jamo roots, I won't stand for AAs being picked on. Especially by people who have worse reputations than them and have no place to judge *HINT*.

Never you call ME an azz kissing bigot. You personify that to the TEE.

You kiss Nigerian azz even though a few told you to fck off and latch on to their success to throw stones @ AAs.
I think you are talking about yourself bruh. You're obviously confused!
Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 14, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
[size=44pt]Oh one more thing...keep kissing NIgerian arses...THEY STILL DON'T WANT YOU[/size]

lol.

How many times have you told him that?

How many more insults does he have to get from NLders before he realize how dumb he looks? grin

1 Like

Re: Akatas On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 14, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

lol. S3x tourism in tiny azz Jamaica is baby weight to the numbers of Africans (esp. Cameroonians) who are picked up in bulks to be exploited by foreigners. Cameroon alone has a bad rep. for s3x trafficking.

Sorry about your loss. It's never easy losing a loved one but don't try to use that as a shield and pass messages slyly.
I got baggage for days I can bring up on your end.
thanks...... nd i told you to make a thread before talking about the death of my aunt ...anyway.... you are wicked and twisted.......there is no sex trafficking in Cameroon ...this is ignorance ..there is sex tourism just like in any touristic destination those white people abuse of the poverty of some citizens just like in thailande ,jamaica and kenya with the massai...this is why i told you dissing Cameroon with prostitution is very low as argument ........since any African esp poor countries experiment such act ..and u shouldn't use that cause family are crying ...poverty should never be used as a joke or as an argument to diss people ...they didn't chose to be poor .....

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (34)

Emir Sanusi Visits His Mother With His Mercedes Benz 220S Cabriolet (Photos) / Aminu Sanusi Lamido Resumes Duty As Police Officer Officially (Photo) / Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.