Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:16 PM

N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks (26094 Views)

NERC Set To Release New Electricity Tariff / Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff / INEC To Reprint Ballot Papers Three Weeks To Elections (2) (3) (4)

N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by edogram1(m): 4:19pm On Aug 13, 2012
N3000 naira electricity tarrif credit exhusted within three weeks, just imagine that? . They give 160unit credit for N3000 after substraction of 40days (two month) mentainace fee. But the previous last credit was 330unit for N3000. Now due to fast exhursting of previous one, I make sure all electronics are off when not in use. Also we no longer on outside light (high voltage light) from 11pm. Despite all this it happen three weeks, where will one run to? This gov't are socking nigerians die.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by KiKatanga: 4:22pm On Aug 13, 2012
edogram.:
N3000 naira electricity tarrif credit exhusted within three weeks, just imagine that? . They give 160unit credit for N3000 after substraction of 40days (two month) mentainace fee. But the previous last credit was 330unit for N3000. Now due to fast exhursting of previous one, I make sure all electronics are off when not in use. Also we no longer on outside light (high voltage light) from 11pm. Despite all this it happen three weeks, where will one run to? This gov't are socking nigerians die.
Please can you post the rate you're being charged per kWh?

Many thanks.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by edogram1(m): 5:16pm On Aug 13, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

Please can you post the rate you're being charged per kWh?

Many thanks.
how am i going to know that?
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by KiKatanga: 5:18pm On Aug 13, 2012
edogram.:
how am i going to know that?
It should either be on the meter, or on any documentation from your power company.

Failing that, if you can tell me which City you're in and your power company, I may be able to work it out.

Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by edogram1(m): 5:31pm On Aug 13, 2012
Benin, They ve change the klw resently now. Its prepaid meter. The power suply is constant. 22hrs per day.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by talktrue1(m): 5:36pm On Aug 13, 2012
That is what we will experience with this so called Prof Barth Nnaji.
Extortion of the highest order by PHCN and Labour is just keeping quiet.
Since it is prepaid, why not make it like Telecoms charges.
soon, people will move it a new house with accumulated PHCN bills
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by KiKatanga: 5:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/new-tariff-fg-abolishes-uniform-pricing-for-electricity/

According to this you may be paying 11.30 NGN/kWh, if you're "R2" I'll use that figure, but if you think you it might be wrong, please let me know! Thank you!

Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by RichDad1(m): 5:55pm On Aug 13, 2012
How many Bedroom House? As for me #3000 for 3-4weeks is not too much for a three bedroom flat considering that you are having light for an average of 22hrs/day.Me i will prefer this considering how much i spend on fuel and to service my gen monthly. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by Euroclydon(m): 6:05pm On Aug 13, 2012
Do you charge your car?

Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by Seamah: 6:06pm On Aug 13, 2012
Lets not post misleading thread here before people start seeing this forum as a garbage site. I happen to use pre-paid meter and from what u have said, its obvious you are being charged at the rate of about 11 naira, putting u in d same bracket as myself. Also. It means you didnt pay for two much meaning a deduction of 1000 naira for two months at 500 naira fix charge per month. In essence, you bought 2000 actual power value which should be the 160kw/h. Now the use of thos unit is purely at ur discretion. While u may turn off security light in ur house. You failed to tell us what appliances you use in ur house. In all, the truth is u alone exhausted your power recharge and not a ghost. Neither are u being cheated. I know hoe long 160kw/h of electricity takes me. Prepaid meter stll remain d best option of power estimation. If u have to use more appliances, pls increase the amount you spend on your power purchase and stop crying wolf where none exist.

Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by aletheia(m): 6:56pm On Aug 13, 2012
@OP: Learn to use power responsibly. Here are some tips to cut down on energy expenditure.
1. Change all your light bulbs to low energy ones.
2. Switch off lights when you are not in the room. Conversely, only switch on lights in rooms that you are actually present in.
3. Boil only the amount of water you need. E.g. it is waste to boil a kettle of water when all you need is a cup of hot water.

If there is no power you will complain. Now you have 22hrs/day, you still complain. What do you people want? angry

Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by asha80(m): 7:01pm On Aug 13, 2012
aletheia: @OP: Learn to use power responsibly. Here are some tips to cut down on energy expenditure.
1. Change all your light bulbs to low energy ones.
2. Switch off lights when you are not in the room. Conversely, only switch on lights in rooms that you are actually present in.
3. Boil only the amount of water you need. E.g. it is waste to boil a kettle of water when all you need is a cup of hot water.

If there is no power you will complain. Now you have 22hrs/day, you still complain. What do you people want? >:(

awuf! the rate self is normal.however the poster is yet to tell us how he actually uses his appliances.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by edogram1(m): 7:08pm On Aug 13, 2012
For instance, in the new
template, consumers in
the R2 category, where
most residential users
of electricity belong, will
pay different tariffs,
depending on their
locations.
A customer of the Eko
Electricity Distribution
Company Plc in the R2
category will pay N13.03
per kilowatt hour of
electricity instead of
the current uniform
rate of N7.30, while a
customer in the same
category with the Ikeja
Electricity Distribution
Company Plc will pay
N12.15 per KWh.
Also, an R2 customer of
the Abuja Electricity
Company will pay
N11.28 per kWh, but the
same category of
customer of the Benin
Electricity Distribution
Company will pay
N11.30 per kWh.
Furthermore, an R2
customer of the Enugu
Electricity Distribution
Company will pay
N12.69 per kWh, while
that of the Jos
Electricity Distribution
Company will pay
N16.68 per KWh.
According to the newly-
approved tariff
document made
available to our
correspondent by
sources in the
Presidency, in the R3
category, customers of
the Eko Electricity
Distribution Company
will now pay N23.40 per
kWh as against the
uniform price of N11
that is currently being
paid nationwide.
The same R3
customers of the Ikeja
Electricity Distribution
Company will pay
N21.84 per kWh, while
those of the Kano
Electricity Distribution
Company will pay
N23.40 per kWh.
Also, the same
category of customers
being served by the
Abuja Electricity
Distribution Company
will pay N22.62 per kWh,
while their counterparts
in Benin will pay N20.28
per kWh.
In t
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by DisGuy: 7:25pm On Aug 13, 2012
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by edogram1(m): 7:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
Its 4bed room flat and extra 4rooms currenty. But these rooms don't use it, its cold weather already and we don't make use of things either. no body stay in the house during the day. And the usage is low except around 7pm to 11pm. No more outside lights which is 200wax. Almost all the time indor bob are off except when finding something. If it were to be fully used and enjoy i don't think it will stay upto 7days.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by DisGuy: 7:49pm On Aug 13, 2012
You need to do an audit of all the appliances in you house, then think of the one you dont need to have one whilst your away- like the fridge in the rooms, change all the bulbs and make sure the last person leaving the house to work switch everything off except the kitchen freezer n fridge

why would you have 200w bulb, no light on your street? abi u be stadium cheesy

Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by RickyRoss1(m): 8:01pm On Aug 13, 2012
edogram.:

You didnt do your calculations well, and besides, thats not too much if you get at least 22 hours of electricity daily. I know i used to spend over 30,000 naira monthly on diesel and the noise was too much. Now electricity is kinda steady in PHC and i pay less than 4k for my house so no need to complain.
I know we all need and want steady power supply, therefore, we must be ready to pay the price. Pls let the govt give us steady electricity and we will gladly pay the price..

Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by edogram1(m): 8:04pm On Aug 13, 2012
No street light o. And every body for the area nor dey on outside or compound light again o.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 14, 2012
Nigerians!
Instead of asking whether the meter has been altered to collected more money than they are supposed to (this is easy to do), automatically blame the OP.

@OP
Why not do a test to check if the meter has been set to collect too much money for the electricty you use. Also sometime in flats other flats my be using your meter, so a first test may be to turn all power off and watch the meter to see whether it is still counting.

Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by thoth: 7:09am On Aug 14, 2012
How can 500 be collected monthly ? For what ? What maintenance are they doing ? The average african man always shoots himself in the eye not to talk of the foot. Why would the tariff be 13 naira ?
When a black man gets shafted he finds a reason to justify getting cheated. You compare how much you spend on diesel with how much you are supposed to pay for electricity ? How stupid can a human being be ? Ask yourself , are you supposed to be using generators ? On what ground can the two sources be compared ? Why was the price of gas that high ?
They want to shaft you on fuel subsidy and you compare how much UK citizens buy fuel to yourselves as if you have the same minimum wage as them. Now when they succeed to hike the price of gas due to your stupidity then you start comparing the price of gas to the price of electricity. In a country whereby the minimum wage is just 18K and a family man is supposed to pay 30k per month on electricity ?
Nigerians really need to suffer to their breaking point before they ever get intelligent. Keep comparing.

18 Likes

Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by edogram1(m): 9:19am On Aug 14, 2012
GenBuhari: Nigerians!
Instead of asking whether the meter has been altered to collected more money than they are supposed to (this is easy to do), automatically blame the OP.

@OP
Why not do a test to check if the meter has been set to collect too much money for the electricty you use. Also sometime in flats other flats my be using your meter, so a first test may be to turn all power off and watch the meter to see whether it is still counting.
how many khw for a single bob of 100wax per hour? U knw this thing do count in unit.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by KiKatanga: 9:25am On Aug 14, 2012
edogram.:
how many khw for a single bob of 100wax per hour? U knw this thing do count in unit.

I'm going to pretend not to be disappointed:
A 100 Watt bulb in an hour will use 100Wh. (Wh -> Watts x hours)
A kWh = 1,000Wh
Therefore 100Wh = 0.1kWh.

Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by edogram1(m): 10:29am On Aug 14, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

I'm going to pretend not to be disappointed:
A 100 Watt bulb in an hour will use 100Wh. (Wh -> Watts x hours)
A kWh = 1,000Wh
Therefore 100Wh = 0.1kWh.
ok 0.1kwh is how many unit?
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by KiKatanga: 10:49am On Aug 14, 2012
edogram.:
ok 0.1kwh is how many unit?

1 unit on a meter is usually 1kWh.
Electricity is charged per kWh
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by Kobojunkie: 11:00am On Aug 14, 2012
asha 80:

awuf! the rate self is normal.however the poster is yet to tell us how he actually uses his appliances.

But has he told you how many hours of electricity he has gotten for that amount? undecided undecided

Also, did you read this . . . .
edogram.:
N3000 naira electricity tarrif credit exhusted within three weeks, just imagine that? . They give 160unit credit for N3000 after substraction of 40days (two month) mentainace fee. But the previous last credit was 330unit for N3000. [size=13pt]Now due to fast exhursting of previous one, I make sure all electronics are off when not in use. Also we no longer on outside light (high voltage light) from 11pm. Despite all this it happen three weeks, where will one run to? [/size]This gov't are socking nigerians die.
before shoving unsolicited advice down his throat?
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by Kobojunkie: 11:06am On Aug 14, 2012
Dis Guy: reminds me of this old thread cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/696492/turn-off-light-daily-life

Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by edogram1(m): 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

1 unit on a meter is usually 1kWh.
Electricity is charged per kWh

ok, N3000 minus two month N1000 = N2000.

N2000 divided by N12 (per unit) is = to 166.66 unit.

So i guess i am been charge N12 per khw.

But i am not sure of that ur 1hr 100wax bob per unit(1) that is where the issue is now.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by KiKatanga: 12:54pm On Aug 14, 2012
edogram.:
ok, N3000 minus two month N1000 = N2000.

N2000 divided by N12 (per unit) is = to 166.66 unit.

So i guess i am been charge N12 per khw.

But i am not sure of that ur 1hr 100wax bob per unit(1) that is where the issue is now.

If you have nothing but a 100W bulb, 166.67 kWh would go for 166,667 Wh / 100W = 1,667 hours

1667/24 = 69 days if it's on all night and all day.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by ODB2: 12:59pm On Aug 14, 2012
edogram.:

maybe because you now have more power supply than before and as such more constant billing
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by edogram1(m): 1:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

If you have nothing but a 100W bulb, 166.67 kWh would go for 166,667 Wh / 100W = 1,667 hours

1667/24 = 69 days if it's on all night and all day.
u mean just one bob ? which is one point. Ok then if u divide it with 10 point it won't take 3days, Na wa o.
My small Generetor take 1liter fual (N95) for 4hours when mixed properly with oil. This 4hours can carry more than 20 points. Now Which is cheaper?
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by KiKatanga: 1:16pm On Aug 14, 2012
edogram.:
u mean just one bob ? which is one point. Ok then if u divide it with 10 point it won't take 3days, Na wa o.
My small Generetor take 1liter fual (N95) for 4hours when mixed properly with oil. This 4hours can carry more than 20 points. Now Which is cheaper?

Your generator will cost you roughly 5-10 times as much as power in Europe. And 7-15 times as much as power in the mains.

Do not use your generator.
Re: N3000 Electricity Tariff Credit Exhausted In Three Weeks by bright007(f): 1:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
Euroclydon: Do you charge your car?
gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin maybe him dey charge him joystick..

Buhari Condemns Terrorist Attack In Imo, Tells Security Agencies What To Do / Tinubu: If I Am Elected President, Edo Will Become As Beautiful As Lagos / Buhari Refuses To Meet With Saraki-PUNCH

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58