Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,178 members, 7,807,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History (27301 Views)

Mujahidat, Asari Dokubo's Wife Just Posted This On Facebook... / PDP Crisis: Jonathan Tells Elders To Shun Obasanjo / Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by asha80(m): 6:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
Northern Muslim Elders Reply Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History
Posted: August 13, 2012 - 16:51
Asari Dokubo
By SaharaReporters, New York

Prominent Northern Muslims elders, represented by Alhaji Usman Faruk, a former military governor of North-West State during the General Yakubu Gowon regime, have dismissed the threats of the leader of the Niger Delta Volunteer Force (NDVF), Mujahideen Dokubo Asari, telling him to go and brush up on his History of Nigeria.

The response came yesterday at the Sultan Bello Mosque in Kaduna wher Faruk, a frequent face at the Sheik Ahmad Gumi’s Ramadan sermon, was asked to speak, from the elders’ perspective, on Asari’s threat to Northern Nigeria.

A source at the event related to SaharaReporters that Alhaji Faruk first commented that the elders had waited to hear whether President Goodluck Jonathan would say something about Asari’s threats to cut off the North and his bragging about the armoury under the NDVF, but that no such response had come.

Of the elders, he then noted that they were the ones that fought the civil war. “We conquered them including their Bayelsa and gained victory, the answer I will give him is he is not the first to fly the kite.”

Faruk said that before the start of the civil war in 1967, his government set Chief Obafemi Awolowo free from prison although it was another government that had put him there.

“Eventually when the war was to start with Biafra, [Awolowo] went to Ibadan and gathered all Yorubas that they should know the war about to commence was between the North and the East, and the Yoruba in the West were not part of it,” he said.

“We received this with shock and the whole Northerners met in Kaduna and we issued them a warning that we heard they (Yoruba) were not part of it and we agreed but we have one demand,” he said.

That condition, according to him was the establishment of a One Mile Corridor. “From Offa which is in our region, from the rail line to the sea (wharf) we declare One Mile Military Corridor, meaning all of them who built houses within One Mile, we will crush down their houses. And nobody will stop our vehicles and vessels from accessing the sea, this we told our Yorubas in Ilorin to tell them. And from that time we never hear them. This is Military Corridor, we of the past hope our children will carry it,” warning that nobody could stop the people of the North, whom he said number 120 million, from accessing the sea.

“If he doesn’t know let Dokubo go and read history,” Faruk said. “Awolowo attempted he failed talk less of one boy.”

He also disputed the Nigeria’s population according to religion, blaming Obasanjo for refusing identification by religious faith in the 2006 census in order to avoid proving that Muslims are populated than the rest. “Today, our population is as Muslims is 120 million and the rest are 50 million,” he said. “Because of this, if census will be conducted again they must be column for religion.”

The source said Faruk also blamed politicians, including Northerners he claimed to have been bribed, for the onshore/offshore economic imbalance.

“This comprehension is above our people here it means, crude oil extracting in the sea and that in the non sea region,” he said. “From Lagos to the high sea it about 200 mile and people like Ghali Umar Na’abba in their time were bribed and they conceded to the onshore/offshore deceit. This case was taken to Supreme Court and the court ruled against it, despite that our lawmakers did not do anything. Today, what Bayelsa State is collecting with just about 3 million people triple what Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa and Katsina States 10 times.”

He said that legislators of Northern extraction in the federal legislature must challenge and change this situation in view of the fact that the Supreme Court has ruled against it. If they cannot do it, he warned, they should all come back home.
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/northern-muslim-elders-reply-asari-dokubo-go-and-read-your-history
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by asha80(m): 6:15pm On Aug 13, 2012
it is getting interesting
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by vladimiros: 6:18pm On Aug 13, 2012
DO THIS NORTHERENERS KNOW HOW HAPPY THEY MAKE WE SOUTHERNERS FEEL ANYTIME THEY SHOW HATE TOWARDS US?

ALL WE NEED IS THAT REFERENDUM

" the ballot is stronger than the bullet"- Abraham linclon

12 Likes

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by asha80(m): 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2012
i do not think they are interested in referendum
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Yeske2(m): 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2012
Can anyone explain the 'military' corridor and 'we never heard from them again' thingy, I didn't get that part.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2012
Another drama. Let's go there!!! *grabs popcorn and chicken*
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
But seriously, I have to ask, again, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE NORTHERNERS?

3 Likes

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by asha80(m): 6:31pm On Aug 13, 2012
HNosegbe: But seriously, I have to ask, again, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE NORTHERNERS?

i gues you have to ask their elites

Yeske!:
Can anyone explain the 'military' corridor and 'we never heard from them again' thingy, I didn't get that part.
Yeske!:

no be only you undecided
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by 9jaIhail(m): 6:34pm On Aug 13, 2012
asha 80: Northern Muslim Elders Reply Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History
Asari Dokubo

Prominent Northern Muslims elders, represented by Alhaji Usman Faruk, a former military governor of North-West State during the General Yakubu Gowon regime, have dismissed the threats of the leader of the Niger Delta Volunteer Force (NDVF), Mujahideen Dokubo Asari, telling him to go and brush up on his History of Nigeria.

The response came yesterday at the Sultan Bello Mosque in Kaduna wher Faruk, a frequent face at the Sheik Ahmad Gumi’s Ramadan sermon, was asked to speak, from the elders’ perspective, on Asari’s threat to Northern Nigeria.

A source at the event related to SaharaReporters that Alhaji Faruk first commented that the elders had waited to hear whether President Goodluck Jonathan would say something about Asari’s threats to cut off the North and his bragging about the armoury under the NDVF, but that no such response had come.

Of the elders, he then noted that they were the ones that fought the civil war. “We conquered them including their Bayelsa and gained victory, the answer I will give him is he is not the first to fly the kite.”

Faruk said that before the start of the civil war in 1967, his government set Chief Obafemi Awolowo free from prison although it was another government that had put him there.

“Eventually when the war was to start with Biafra, [b][Awolowo] went to Ibadan and gathered all Yorubas that they should know the war about to commence was between the North and the East, and the Yoruba in the West were not part of it,” he said.

We received this with shock and the whole Northerners met in Kaduna and we issued them a warning that we heard they (Yoruba) were not part of it and we agreed but we have one demand,” he said.

That condition, according to him was the establishment of a One Mile Corridor. “From Offa which is in our region, from the rail line to the sea (wharf) we declare One Mile Military Corridor, meaning all of them who built houses within One Mile, we will crush down their houses. And nobody will stop our vehicles and vessels from accessing the sea, this we told our Yorubas in Ilorin to tell them. And from that time we never hear them.
This is Military Corridor, we of the past hope our children will carry it,” warning that nobody could stop the people of the North, whom he said number 120 million, from accessing the sea.

“If he doesn’t know let Dokubo go and read history,” Faruk said. “Awolowo attempted he failed talk less of one boy.”[/b]

He also disputed the Nigeria’s population according to religion, blaming Obasanjo for refusing identification by religious faith in the 2006 census in order to avoid proving that Muslims are populated than the rest. “Today, our population is as Muslims is 120 million and the rest are 50 million,” he said. “Because of this, if census will be conducted again they must be column for religion.”

The source said Faruk also blamed politicians, including Northerners he claimed to have been bribed, for the onshore/offshore economic imbalance.

“This comprehension is above our people here it means, crude oil extracting in the sea and that in the non sea region,” he said. “From Lagos to the high sea it about 200 mile and people like Ghali Umar Na’abba in their time were bribed and they conceded to the onshore/offshore deceit. This case was taken to Supreme Court and the court ruled against it, despite that our lawmakers did not do anything. Today, what Bayelsa State is collecting with just about 3 million people triple what Kaduna, Kano, Jigawa and Katsina States 10 times.”

He said that legislators of Northern extraction in the federal legislature must challenge and change this situation in view of the fact that the Supreme Court has ruled against it. If they cannot do it, he warned, they should all come back home.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/northern-muslim-elders-reply-asari-dokubo-go-and-read-your-history

Did any one noticed what the bolded part in brown color meant? that means that awolowo agree to join the war out of fear that North is about to crush the west, shei thank God i am alive to read this.Yoruba AND FEAR FEAR FEAR TIFIKWA UNU

10 Likes

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Desola(f): 6:34pm On Aug 13, 2012
These northerners need to be killed off!
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Mrchippychappy(m): 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2012
This match go tough die !!! Where can i buy ringside tickets abi dem go show am for dstv ?

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by mpumalanga: 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2012
Expert opinions from experts in other people's affairs are needed urgently.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by alaoeri: 6:55pm On Aug 13, 2012
From the look of things is like the northerners are more brave, united than any other region in nigeria. See how this man is rubbishing awolowo talkless of Asari even calling him a boy & the next thing his co-northerners 'll rally around him & support his speech. Don't let's deceive ourselves northerners are holding us τ̲̅ȍ ransom.

7 Likes

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by 9jaIhail(m): 6:56pm On Aug 13, 2012
Northerners doing what they knows how to do best.Acting like they are Lords over others,Well i don't blame them had it been some part of southern Nigeria out of their cowardice join them to fight Biafra who think northerner Nigeria can still be in existence talk less of having mouth to boast.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by ozalogbo: 7:07pm On Aug 13, 2012
The Bible advises that before u go to war, you must sit down and count the cost. Asari Dokubo and the rest beating the drums of war must sit down and count the cost. The truth is that if there is war today, it is going to be between the North and the Ijaws. I dont see the Yorubas joining the Ijaws. The Ibos might as well betray the Ijaws. In fact, it might turn out to be pay back time for the betrayal during the Civil War. It is convenient now to lump the Ijaws, Urhobos, Itsekiris, etc as the Niger Delta, but in the event of a war, i dont see these tribes fighting to save the Ijaws. The Urhobos have been angry with Jonathan that his govt has not benefitted them in any way. And so have the Itsekiri, especially with regards to political appointment and the implementation of the amnesty program. Those calling for war must sit down and count the cost. And for those banking on foreign military aid, they should also be ready sign out at least half of their God given wealth. Remember Bakassi.

6 Likes

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by jmaine: 7:13pm On Aug 13, 2012
The 120:50 ratio got me laughing hard. . . . .Their over confidence plenty

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by PointB: 7:29pm On Aug 13, 2012
“Eventually when the war was to start with Biafra, [Awolowo] went to Ibadan and gathered all Yorubas that they should know the war about to commence was between the North and the East, and the Yoruba in the West were not part of it,” he said.

“We received this with shock and the whole Northerners met in Kaduna and we issued them a warning that we heard they (Yoruba) were not part of it and we agreed but we have one demand,” he said.

That condition, according to him was the establishment of a One Mile Corridor. “From Offa which is in our region, from the rail line to the sea (wharf) we declare One Mile Military Corridor, meaning all of them who built houses within One Mile, we will crush down their houses. And nobody will stop our vehicles and vessels from accessing the sea, this we told our Yorubas in Ilorin to tell them. And from that time we never hear them. This is Military Corridor, we of the past hope our children will carry it,” warning that nobody could stop the people of the North, whom he said number 120 million, from accessing the sea.

“If he doesn’t know let Dokubo go and read history,” Faruk said. “Awolowo attempted he failed talk less of one boy.”

I don't know if this is a crude attack on Awolowo, or a veiled warning at the Yorubas of SW. But one thing I thinks it's rather strange that this issue is brought to fore in this manner. The Northnern leaders of thought are getting desperate, and making mistakes!

Is this guy saying that conquered Bayelsa/Ijaw on their own? No help, not collaborator.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 13, 2012
9ja_I_hail:

Did any one noticed what the bolded part in brown color meant? that means that awolowo agree to join the war out of fear that North is about to crush the west, shei thank God i am alive to read this.Yoruba AND FEAR FEAR FEAR TIFIKWA UNU

You are a retar.d. I thought a sensible person would ask when and where these events took place, but no. I guess that is too much to ask of a people with the reasoning capacity of a house cat.

5 Likes

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by PointB: 7:34pm On Aug 13, 2012
ozalogbo: The Bible advises that before u go to war, you must sit down and count the cost. Asari Dokubo and the rest beating the drums of war must sit down and count the cost. The truth is that if there is war today, it is going to be between the North and the Ijaws. I dont see the Yorubas joining the Ijaws. The Ibos might as well betray the Ijaws. In fact, it might turn out to be pay back time for the betrayal during the Civil War. It is convenient now to lump the Ijaws, Urhobos, Itsekiris, etc as the Niger Delta, but in the event of a war, i dont see these tribes fighting to save the Ijaws. The Urhobos have been angry with Jonathan that his govt has not benefitted them in any way. And so have the Itsekiri, especially with regards to political appointment and the implementation of the amnesty program. Those calling for war must sit down and count the cost. And for those banking on foreign military aid, they should also be ready sign out at least half of their God given wealth. Remember Bakassi.

How would the North fight the Ijaws? Let me guess, another 'military corridor' all the way from the North, through the SW to Ijawland? It's not going to happen. I think this sabre rattling is good; it will only lead to another round of talk.

And historically, I doubt Igbos will 'betray' any SS group in times of conflict. It's either we are in or we are not! Beside, I think it's actually in SE interest to see Nigeria restructured - in war or in peace!

9 Likes

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Obiagu1(m): 7:36pm On Aug 13, 2012
PointB:
Is this guy saying that conquered Bayelsa/Ijaw on their own? No help, not collaborator.

To them, they conquered the South. The Igbo then represented Southern strength.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Mrchippychappy(m): 7:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
jmaine: The 120:50 ratio got me laughing hard. . . . .Their over confidence plenty

I saw that mysterious ratio also . Population doesn't necessarily translate into power . Its funny how the small island of Japan has defeated larger Countries such as Russia and China . Israel defeated a coalition of arab countries in the six day war and The Greeks defeated Xerxes and his large arab / persian army . In the words of Lord Baelish "If war were arithmetic , The mathematicians would rule the world!! "

9 Likes

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by PointB: 7:39pm On Aug 13, 2012
Aigbofa:

You are a retar.d. I thought a sensible person would ask when and where these events took place, but no. I guess that is too much to ask of a people with the reasoning capacity of a house cat.

Shouldn't you have directed your anger at the topic/Alhaji Usman Faruk. Why is that some of you guys will rather pick fight with the 'normal' people, while those that twist facts, and provoke you directly, you have no harsh words for. I tire o.

Abeg no insult me sha!

11 Likes

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2012
Yaypa. This man don finish the great and most revered Ogbenioja the Most Honorable Obafemi Awolowo. OK. I think the War just wan start. Warning to this fool- You will not have the middlebelt this time to do your biddings unlike the last time. We shall see. Mumu thinks history is static. Living in the past. We have leant from history. F00L.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Obiagu1(m): 7:41pm On Aug 13, 2012
ozalogbo: The Bible advises that before u go to war, you must sit down and count the cost. Asari Dokubo and the rest beating the drums of war must sit down and count the cost. The truth is that if there is war today, it is going to be between the North and the Ijaws. I dont see the Yorubas joining the Ijaws. The Ibos might as well betray the Ijaws. In fact, it might turn out to be pay back time for the betrayal during the Civil War. It is convenient now to lump the Ijaws, Urhobos, Itsekiris, etc as the Niger Delta, but in the event of a war, i dont see these tribes fighting to save the Ijaws. The Urhobos have been angry with Jonathan that his govt has not benefitted them in any way. And so have the Itsekiri, especially with regards to political appointment and the implementation of the amnesty program. Those calling for war must sit down and count the cost. And for those banking on foreign military aid, they should also be ready sign out at least half of their God given wealth. Remember Bakassi.

The bold faced is impossible!
First, there'll never be a corridor through the East, never going to happen.
Second, we can not sit idly by and watch those we loathe fight in our backyard. Maybe you don't know Igbos too well.

If there'll be a war, so be it. It's now or never.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by 9jaIhail(m): 7:42pm On Aug 13, 2012
Aigbofa:

Hell niga i am not gonna ask that senseless questions u dictated for me to ask.Read what alhaji haram said to your papa awo and comprehend it if not aboki will be better than u in terms of intelligence. FEAR FEAR SET OF TRIBE

6 Likes

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by austinsmat(m): 7:43pm On Aug 13, 2012
somebody should tell this northerns that taking too much gum solution is not good for brain how can sombody boldly say that muslem are 120 millon and the rest is 50 million both christian and pegan why nigeria population is roughly 160 million or maybe this man don't know how to do caculation
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by PointB: 7:43pm On Aug 13, 2012
jmaine: The 120:50 ratio got me laughing hard. . . . .Their over confidence plenty

Na so we see am.

I believe he dug that ratio from his hairy arse! grin grin grin
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by RickyRoss1(m): 7:44pm On Aug 13, 2012
Bunch of cowards, what are they waiting for? Let the war begin, I cant wait. Only war will break up this country, AND THERE IS NO POINT STAYING TOGETHER SINCE WE HATE EACH OTHER SOOO MUCH...

See the way these malams are rubbishing awolowo, it seems the worobah fear fear mentality didnt start today? So the worobahs actually agreed to join the Biafrans but later backed out simply because the malams from the north said they were going to crush them? I always know these people are betrayers and gutless bags of shit.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Mrchippychappy(m): 7:45pm On Aug 13, 2012
asha 80: Northern Muslim Elders Reply Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History
Asari Dokubo

“If he doesn’t know let Dokubo go and read history,” Faruk said. “Awolowo attempted he failed talk less of one boy.”[/b]
[/b]

Panadol extra ....Oga na master ! haha
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by 9jaIhail(m): 7:49pm On Aug 13, 2012
PointB:

Shouldn't you have directed your anger at the topic/Alhaji Usman Faruk. Why is that some of you guys will rather pick fight with the 'normal' people, while those that twist facts, and provoke you directly, you have no harsh words for. I tire o.

Abeg no insult me sha!

Don't mind him jare my honorable commissioner.I am sure you are aware of the adage that said fowl always leave the knife that cut off his neck and bend the neck to the innocent grand. See aboki bashing your papa,reminding the youth of your tribe how their warning made your fathers took to their heed and join the war,shei i tire for u guys lack of mind of your own is what kill you people.today breeze has blow we have seeing the fowl yansh, we all can see from the horse mouth that their warning made the great awo shiit on his pant 10xx and asked south westerners to join aboki to fight their fellow southerns.
Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Mrchippychappy(m): 7:51pm On Aug 13, 2012
Obiagu1:

It bold faced is impossible!
First, there'll never be a corridor through the East, never going to happen.
Second, we can not sit idly by and watch those we loathe fight in our backyard. Maybe you don't know Igbos too well.

If there'll be a war, so be it. It's now or never.

This problem has nothing to do with the igbos. I'll advise igbos to grab a pop corn and watch how things turn out. The population we have now is precious to us and we can't afford to waste our population again , We would not fight FOR or AGAINST. If Hausa Federal Forces want to pathway or corridor in the east to the south south then so be it ! For now we are still part and parcel of ONE NIGERIA and standing on the way of Federal forces is a treasonable offence . I repeat THIS PROBLEM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE IGBOS . We can't always play the football match everytime , sometimes we have to watch and i think this is one of those moments when we watch the match and eagerly anticipate the final score. Kudos to Adaka boro and Saro wiwa for keeping their people among ONE NIGERIA.

13 Likes

Re: Northern Muslim Elders To Asari Dokubo: Go And Read Your History by Obiagu1(m): 7:51pm On Aug 13, 2012
asha 80: That condition, according to him was the establishment of a One Mile Corridor. “From Offa which is in our region, from the rail line to the sea (wharf) we declare One Mile Military Corridor, meaning all of them who built houses within One Mile, we will crush down their houses. And nobody will stop our vehicles and vessels from accessing the sea, this we told our Yorubas in Ilorin to tell them. And from that time we never hear them. [size=14pt]This is Military Corridor, we of the past hope our children will carry it,”[/size] warning that nobody could stop the people of the North, whom he said number 120 million, from accessing the sea.

This is an interesting part of the quote. Does it mean that the military corridor from Offa to Wharf still belongs to them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Happened To The ALUU 4 Killers? . / It's Official: APC Names Rotimi Amaechi DG Of Presidential Campaign Organization / Presidential Aides Pray For Yusuf Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.