Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri (17294 Views)

Cadet-Corps Beat Student To Death In AAUA (Graphic Photos) / Teacher Flogs Student To Death In Ibadan / Malaysia Sentence Nigerian Female Student To Death For Drug Trafficking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by mukina2: 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2012
Tragedy struck in Warri, Delta State, last weekend, when a 300-level student of the Delta State University, Abraka, was hacked to death allegedly by a suspected cultist over a N5,000 internet modem.

The victim, Solomon Onyeoghani, was a student in the Department of Business Education, while his alleged killer, 29-year-old Chukwu Kelubia, is of the Federal Polytechnic, Auchi, Edo State.

It was gathered that the incident occurred barely hours after Onyeoghani returned from school. He was said to be on his way to visit his mother, a petty trader, when he was attacked by Kelubia.

Sources at Osamede Street, Okumagba Layout, where the incident occurred, told Nation Evening Express that the suspected cultist had earlier accused his victim of stealing his GSM internet modem, an allegation the deceased reportedly denied.

However, unknown to him, Kelubia was lurking at No13 Osamede Street on the fateful day. He was reportedly armed with jagged-edged broken bottle.

“He chased Solomon and stabbed him severally on the neck. As the boy was running, he kept on stabbing him. Desperate for help, Solomon ran towards a private hospital close by, but he fell down and died at the entrance.” Confirming the report, father of the deceased, Mr. Augustine Onyoghani, said his son’s alleged killer, who is a feared leader of one of the notorious cult groups in the area, had earlier warned him “that he would kill my son over the missing internet modem.”

­“Not up to one hour that the boy (Kelubia) left, someone came to tell me that Solo was dead. I didn’t know that the boy meant to kill my son. They did not fight. The boy rushed out from nowhere and started stabbing him with broken bottle. He stabbed my son severally on the neck.”

Although the Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Charles Muka, could not be reached for comment, a senior officer at the B Division confirmed the incident, disclosing that the father of the suspect had relocated to the station for fear of attack by angry mob.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/online-special/evening-express/57470-cultist-hacks-300-level-student-to-death.html

1 Like

Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by stillme(m): 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2012
Na wa o
Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 13, 2012
This is for those wondering if Buccaneers is "legalize" or if Pyrates is a cult or not. Morale: all of them are evil. Nigerians kill everything they touch. The Fraternity that was meant to be a harmless, fun gathering of like-minded students have been turned into something else in Nigeria. Watch the tv series Greek, and see how a Fraternity should, and is meant to be.

2 Likes

Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by Afam4eva(m): 6:55pm On Aug 13, 2012
So, cultism still dey reign?

1 Like

Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 13, 2012
Killing someone over a N5,000 internet modem.

Some people are animals in human skin. angry

1 Like

Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by ortopazz(m): 7:01pm On Aug 13, 2012
wish they were were pictures to really paint the story more
Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by cutestA: 7:02pm On Aug 13, 2012
Wc kind animal b dat na
Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by wobov: 7:02pm On Aug 13, 2012
Security issues all d time
Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by EmperorSpecie(m): 7:06pm On Aug 13, 2012
ortopazz: wish they were were pictures to really paint the story more

Abi oooOooo!!!!
Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by Businesstools(m): 7:08pm On Aug 13, 2012
May his his soul rest in peace and may justice prevail.
Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by biogbruski(m): 7:08pm On Aug 13, 2012
hmm wonders shall never end.
Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by ebamma(m): 7:20pm On Aug 13, 2012
may his gentle soul rest in modem peace

2 Likes

Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by Babaofor(m): 7:21pm On Aug 13, 2012
R.I.P BRO.Its a shame
Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by ebamma(m): 7:22pm On Aug 13, 2012
guys get mind,imagine killing a fellow human being over an internet modem,that killer deserves to be buried alive
Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by ebamma(m): 7:29pm On Aug 13, 2012
as a university student there are two things involved,its either you are a normal student or a cultist,if you are a normal student you are safe,but if you are a cultist there are two things involved,its either you are killed by a rival cult group or arrested by the police,if you are arrested by the police you are safe but if you are killed by a rival cult group there are two things involved,its either you go to heaven or you go to hell,if you go to heaven you are safe but if you go to hell there is only one thing involved,eternal fire will burn you.

12 Likes

Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by phraze(m): 7:31pm On Aug 13, 2012
R.i.p to the Deceased.
Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by Basic(m): 7:31pm On Aug 13, 2012
I keep saying this: in Nigeria, security itself has gone in search for safety! (because security itself is no longer safe).

2 Likes

Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
Lord have mercy
Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by wandeay: 7:52pm On Aug 13, 2012
he who kill with the sword shall also be killed by it, useless fellow
Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by Malawi1414: 7:55pm On Aug 13, 2012
Am jst sober wish I could do sometin.........rest in peace bro
Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by lacasa: 7:57pm On Aug 13, 2012
Life no get value 4 naija again
Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 13, 2012
SimonAndal: This is for those wondering if Buccaneers is "legalize" or if Pyrates is a cult or not. Morale: all of them are evil. Nigerians kill everything they touch. The Fraternity that was meant to be a harmless, fun gathering of like-minded students have been turned into something else in Nigeria. Watch the tv series Greek, and see how a Fraternity should, and is meant to be.

ebamma: as a university student there are two things involved,its either you are a normal student or a cultist,if you are a normal student you are safe,but if you are a cultist there are two things involved,its either you are killed by a rival cult group or arrested by the police,if you are arrested by the police you are safe but if you are killed by a rival cult group there are two things involved,its either you go to heaven or you go to hell,if you go to heaven you are safe but if you go to hell there is only one thing involved,eternal fire will burn you.

Pure, unadulterated, utter, complete and super ignorance - everybody sha wants to post 'comments' Msstcccheewww!

1 Like

Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by rockafela(m): 8:12pm On Aug 13, 2012
I love my life..some1 with good reasoning faculty will not want to be involve..brothers that thing nor de pay..
Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by TamasYellish: 8:14pm On Aug 13, 2012
My brodas n sistas dnt asociate wit sm1 wu is invlvd in acultism because myself i hate acult n d benefit of it is dead.take my advs n flw it tanks
Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by Nickydrake(m): 8:19pm On Aug 13, 2012
Although it's always a terrible thing for one human being to deliberately take the life of another, the method used here is positively horrifying. That guy was stabbed repeatedly with the jagged edge of a broken bottle!

In view of this and all other macabre trends that plague nigeria today, I just want everyone to know that
I have gone another day without
being stabbed repeatedly. I want
to thank my friends who did not
stab me repeatedly, commiserate with those who have been stabbed repeatedly, and thank the many
people who contributed to the progress of the country by not stabbing me
repeatedly. Without you, I might have been stabbed repeatedly, and would have been very unhappy.
angry

2 Likes

Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by rotiler: 8:20pm On Aug 13, 2012
9jacrip:

Pure, unadulterated, utter, complete and super ignorance - everybody sha wants to post 'comments' Msstcccheewww!

KAI C INSULT, i wouldn't take dat if i were u
Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by pendusky(m): 8:23pm On Aug 13, 2012
Satan Led Murderer!!! He wil regret it in prison.
Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by femliany(m): 8:23pm On Aug 13, 2012
Still dey school @29yrs dey kill Mumu, who knows maybe na ND he still dey do oo
Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by specialmati(m): 8:24pm On Aug 13, 2012
na wa ooh,y do pple love doing evil
Re: Cultist Hacks 300 Level Student To Death In Warri by mkpologwu(m): 8:44pm On Aug 13, 2012
So many pple here are still stabbing repeatedly! Some had at one occasion or another stabbed repeatedly. Yet many (even d yet-to-be-born) will surely stab repeatedly! But dem reward dey wait!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Customs Seizes 2,150 Jerrycans Of Petrol (Photos) / Court Declares Arrest Of Evans’ Brother-In-Law Invalid, Awards N2m Against Polic / Herdsmen Kill 2 Policemen In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.