Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,315 members, 7,780,763 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:29 PM

Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates - Education (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates (121349 Views)

Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates / Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID / PRESSID Scholarship; List Of Successful Candidates. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
Alimi7:
I pray dey use d state performance cos my score is 56,hope u ar nt from my state,make u no com disqualify me.Lolz,I heard many scored forty-sometin,don't know hw true it is

Lol! I'm sure I'm not from ur state sir; judging by ur Nairaland ID.

I don't know anyone that scored that low. Most of my friends from school scored sixty-something.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Alimi7: 11:02pm On Dec 11, 2013
jdbabzy:

Lol! I'm sure I'm not from ur state sir; judging by ur Nairaland ID.

I don't know anyone that scored that low. Most of my friends from school scored sixty-something.
Wat skul did u graduate from?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
Alimi7:
Wat skul did u graduate from?

University of Lagos sir.

And u?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by jayreal7: 11:59pm On Dec 11, 2013
Please guys, let's all get something here; that no matter how high or low our scores were dat day, it all boils down to God's favour and grace. I know of a friend that scored 80 last year nd didn't get it but someone else who scored 61 got it. Don't know what criteria for selection is being used but 'the grace factor' is of utmost importance here. So let's just keep faith alive irrespective of our individual scores. JAHBLESS!!!
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Alimi7: 6:54am On Dec 12, 2013
jdbabzy:

University of Lagos sir.

And u?
Futminna
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Alimi7: 6:55am On Dec 12, 2013
jayreal7: Please guys, let's all get something here; that no matter how high or low our scores were dat day, it all boils down to God's favour and grace. I know of a friend that scored 80 last year nd didn't get it but someone else who scored 61 got it. Don't know what criteria for selection is being used but 'the grace factor' is of utmost importance here. So let's just keep faith alive irrespective of our individual scores. JAHBLESS!!!
U av spoken well sir
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 12, 2013
jayreal7: Please guys, let's all get something here; that no matter how high or low our scores were dat day, it all boils down to God's favour and grace. I know of a friend that scored 80 last year nd didn't get it but someone else who scored 61 got it. Don't know what criteria for selection is being used but 'the grace factor' is of utmost importance here. So let's just keep faith alive irrespective of our individual scores. JAHBLESS!!!

Really?? Someone scored 80 and didn't get the award? Wow!!!

May our cases never be like that in Jesus name.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pinkboi: 9:18am On Dec 12, 2013
It is a combination of o level and exam score
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pinkboi: 7:44pm On Dec 12, 2013
Any1 with useful info pls update us
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by damilade: 9:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
Wat I do not undastand abt pressid is if waec is a criteria,y ask people with average waec scores to apply, the level playing field has been remove den with dat criteria cos someone wu scored below you but has a better waec result may be considered at ur own expense. If waec is a criteria den the scholarship sud be scraped or beTter still it sud be stated. Explictly wat d requirement is. The scholarship I presume is for firstclass graduates not waec graduates.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 13, 2013
damilade: Wat I do not undastand abt pressid is if waec is a criteria,y ask people with average waec scores to apply, the level playing field has been remove den with dat criteria cos someone wu scored below you but has a better waec result may be considered at ur own expense. If waec is a criteria den the scholarship sud be scraped or beTter still it sud be stated. Explictly wat d requirement is. The scholarship I presume is for firstclass graduates not waec graduates.

Thank you so much ma. You've said it all.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 13, 2013
damilade: Wat I do not undastand abt pressid is if waec is a criteria,y ask people with average waec scores to apply, the level playing field has been remove den with dat criteria cos someone wu scored below you but has a better waec result may be considered at ur own expense. If waec is a criteria den the scholarship sud be scraped or beTter still it sud be stated. Explictly wat d requirement is. The scholarship I presume is for
firstclass graduates not waec graduates.

Are you a first class holder? Trouble dey oh!
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 13, 2013

By the way; how are you 'very' sure such an one scored 80% last year? Did u see his/her test score?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by kennyone: 12:15pm On Dec 13, 2013
jdbabzy:

By the way; how are you 'very' sure such an one scored 80% last year? Did u see his/her test score?
There is no way someone that scored that high would have missed it . What i can only say about last year's selection is that, some peeps scored high with good WAEC result but applied for irrelevant courses. For example, know of a girl who studied either geograghy or a related course, got 71 in the exam with excellent WAEC result but missed out.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 13, 2013
kennyone:
There is no way someone that scored that high would have missed it . What i can only say about last year's selection is that, some peeps scored high with good WAEC result but applied for irrelevant courses. For example, know of a girl who studied either geograghy or a related course, got 71 in the exam with excellent WAEC result but missed out.

Really?? But I also thought NUC was mandated to ensure that all qualified scholars got a position in a course related to one's first degree. What dis wud mean is that they'd have looked for any of those sklz dat matched her qualifications and secure her a place in dat skl (plz correct me if I'm wrong)
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by kennyone: 2:26pm On Dec 13, 2013
jdbabzy:

Really?? But I also thought NUC was mandated to ensure that all qualified scholars got a position in a course related to one's first degree. What dis wud mean is that they'd have looked for any of those sklz dat matched her qualifications and secure her a place in dat skl (plz correct me if I'm wrong)
The areas of specialization have already been listed. You are to apply for admission as well. NUC only went to the schools to tell them you will be applying and that they should consider your application favourably.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
kennyone:
The areas of specialization have already been listed. You are to apply for admission as well. NUC only went to the schools to tell them you will be applying and that they should consider your application favourably.

HIAN!!! See as NUC wan take regulate boys sha...

Okay o, thanks bro!
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by damilade: 7:42pm On Dec 13, 2013
Having a first class does not mean u had a good waec result, I stand to be corrected if I am wrong
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by pinkboi: 8:16pm On Dec 13, 2013
I don't think som1 with 71 and a good waec result will miss out. because of course. Re u really sure she had 71..did u see it n wat was her waec result lik I mean d relevant 5. Pls share so we can know our stand
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Tobbie9(m): 8:29pm On Dec 13, 2013
damilade: Having a first class does not mean u had a good waec result, I stand to be corrected if I am wrong
yep you're right
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2013
damilade: Having a first class does not mean u had a good waec result, I stand to be corrected if I am wrong

U are absolutely spot-on! My WAEC result was 'average'; nothing splufic about it.

Matter-of-factly I never entered d university with d mindset of finishing wif a 1st class. I actually thought I wudnt be able to make a 2.2 sef cos of d stories I heard pple say about how tough it was finishing with a 2.2

Twas jes after my 1st year in skl that I saw the possibility of making a first class and with God's favour I got it in d end. Thank God I attended one Adams Adebola Integral Coaching Centre back in my secondary skl days; cos Mr Adams was one of d few people that motivated me, although back den I didn't know all those pep-talks would count for something in the end.

My point is one's WAEC (O/Level) results has absolutely nothing to do with making a first class.

Anyways I pray we find favour both in the side of God and d selection committee after all is said and done in Jesus name. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by STRETCH22: 6:50am On Dec 15, 2013
kennyone:
Speakin of irrelevant courses. I studied building and wnt 2 pursue a masters in structural engineering. Pls do u guys who hv written d exam know if its one of d indicated areas of study by d commitee
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by colossus12: 1:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
hello peeps, Is there anyone with information concerning when the list will be out?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by obofty: 10:37pm On Dec 15, 2013
ferdimako:

Is it marked and displayed instantly? goodluk in d selection.

Yh, the score was displayed immediately after the exam.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by damilade: 6:54am On Dec 16, 2013
ferdimako:

Are you a first class holder? Trouble dey oh!

Yes I am, and dat doesnot changed my stance on the waec issue, having good waec is not a criteria for making firstclass
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 16, 2013
damilade:

Yes I am, and dat doesnot changed my stance on the waec issue, having good waec is not a criteria for making firstclass

What state r u from and what's ur intended course of study?
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 16, 2013
damilade:

oh my God
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by wizzle04: 3:55pm On Dec 16, 2013
PRESSID is purely based on merit, no quota. As to the number to be taken this year no body knows. Logically they should take more this year. One of the officials confirmed that. Hopefully the list should be out before the end of the year. Being shortlisted for the test alone is a thing of great joy n honour. Some of us in this forum have relations working in NUC, please let us share useful information. I wish everyone of us the very best and see you at the top.

1 Like

Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by DMainMan: 4:07pm On Dec 16, 2013
I think dere could b delay due to Ptdf scholarship. Cinfores is in charge of d two schemes. De wouldnt want a candidate name to appear twice as some peeps did both exam. Dat is just an observation though. My two cent.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by wizzle04: 4:14pm On Dec 16, 2013
DMainMan: I think dere could b delay due to Ptdf scholarship. Cinfores is in charge of d two schemes. De wouldnt want a candidate name to appear twice as some peeps did both exam. Dat is just an observation though. My two cent.
Cinfores only administered the test. NUC and PTDF will do the various Shortlisting.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by DMainMan: 4:54pm On Dec 16, 2013
wizzle04:
Cinfores only administered the test. NUC and PTDF will do the various Shortlisting.

Ya of Course. They ar all Government parastatals. What I infer is dere is Likelihood of a candidate to get the two scholarships if he performs outstandingly in the two exams. De ar aware of dat possibility. De wouldnt want it happening.
Re: Pressid Scholarship Aptitude Test Scores - First Class Graduates by DMainMan: 4:54pm On Dec 16, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (44) (Reply)

Direct Entry Admission 2015 / A Thread For Prospective Industrial Training (SIWES) Students. / Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.