Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 (13380 Views)

ACN/CPC Merger To Oust GEJ Has Paid Off Once Again. Congrats To Tinubu & Yorubas / Buhari, Others Approve CPC Merger With ACN, ANPP / 2015: Tinubu Meets Buhari To Begin ACN-CPC Merger Talks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by Idokojimmy: 7:35am On Aug 14, 2012
Nigeria: We'll Finish PDP in 2015, Say ACN, CPC

The Action Congress of Nigeria and the Congress for Progressive Change have said the ruling Peoples Democratic Party may cease to exist if their planned merger to tackle it in the 2015 general election succeeds.

The opposition parties said the PDP was scared of the planned merger, adding that the leadership style of the ruling party would lead it into oblivion.

The ACN and the CPC were reacting to a statement by the National Publicity Secretary, Peoples Democratic Party, Olisa Metuh, who said self-interest and sectional agenda would not allow the planned merger to work.

Metuh, in the statement, had said, “They (electorate) will choose between an alliance, where personal interests will ceaselessly riot and yield no support to national stability, and the PDP which has remained the symbol of national unity and progress.

“At the appropriate time, they will decide whether to entrust their great nation to the hands of regionalists, doomsday prophets and pro-anarchists or to the safe hands of the PDP. Common sense will prefer the latter.”

However, the spokesperson for the ACN, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said the statement showed that the PDP feared threats  of the merger posed to it.

He said, “What is the interest of the PDP in whether the merger works or fails? It only shows it is fearful. I want to assure you that when the merger works, it will be a surprise to the ruling party.

“Our fear is that when it works, the PDP may not exist anymore because the party deteriorates every day.”

In his reaction, the spokesperson for the CPC, Mr. Rotimi Fashakin, said Metuh’s statement indicated the PDP’s was ready to thwart the merger plan.

He further said the party was guilty of imposing its programmes on the people, which would consequently lead to its rejection by the electorate.

He said, “What is evident in the statement is that the PDP is poised to enforce its anti-people policies on the people. The party plans to work subterranean and discretely, as one of its shenanigans, to scuttle the merger plan.

“The PDP is a party that operates like the mafia and if it were to be in the United State of America, many of its leaders would have been tried and jailed. What Metuh said showed that the party plans to scuttle the plan by us, the opposition, and we are ready for it.”

http://allafrica.com/stories/201208130213.html

2 Likes

Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by Acidosis(m): 8:10am On Aug 14, 2012

1 Like

Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by Demdem(m): 8:14am On Aug 14, 2012
I am for anything that will bring to end the excesses of the Killer Party.
Nigeria needs a change.

5 Likes

Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by Acidosis(m): 8:15am On Aug 14, 2012
If Buhari takes that presidential position in 2015, Then I'll cease to be a Nigerian. . .I'm saying this without any element of doubt that whoever vote for this man-Buhari, will live to regret his actions. .

Nigerians, lets look before we leap. . This man does not have NIGERIANS in mind but Islam and sharia.

We all think GEJ is the Devil, but we'll one day prefer the Devil to Buhari.

The same person that wants to make Nigeria ungovernable now wants to rule over me- God forbid.

I hope Tinubu won't fall for him. . .but then, ain't they brothers (religion) ?

16 Likes

Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by Demdem(m): 8:17am On Aug 14, 2012
Secondly, i think this OP is up to mischief. No where in the article was the name Buhari mentioned

2 Likes

Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by Demdem(m): 8:20am On Aug 14, 2012
Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by gramci: 8:21am On Aug 14, 2012
Otherwise "dogs and baboons will be soaked in blood."
Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by Demdem(m): 8:21am On Aug 14, 2012
Acidosis: If Buhari takes that presidential position in 2015, Then I'll cease to be a Nigerian. . .I'm saying this without any element of doubt that whoever vote for this man-Buhari, will live to regret his actions. .

Nigerians, lets look before we leap. . This man does not have NIGERIANS in mind but Islam and sharia.
The same person that wants to make Nigeria ungovernable now wants to rule over me- God forbid.

Oga Atiku, a killer member made that statement during the Killer party primaries, not Buhari. Its a fact u hate Buhari, no wahala but please dont distort facts.

20 Likes

Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by Royals1st: 8:34am On Aug 14, 2012
ACN ,PDP.PPN.CPC OR WHAT SO EVER U PPL CALL UR SELF YOU ARE ARE JUST FOOLS SO STOP THINKING ALL NIGERIAN BE FOOL OKAY WHY WILL YOU PPL BE MEAN TO YOUR SELF IF YOU WANT TO HELP THE NATION ANYWAY AS FAR I KNOW ACN HAS NOT BEEN DOING ANYTHING FOR FREE EVEN FASHOLA THERE MEAN TARGET THEY WANT THE PRESIDENT THAT WHY THIS ACN GOVT THEY ALWAYS LOOK FOR MONEY IN ALL MEANS JUST TO SUPPORT THE PRESIDENT ELECTION Bleep ALL U ALL ACN OR PDP CPC Bleep YOU ALL GIVE THE YOUTH CHANCE

3 Likes

Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by inspirenet: 8:40am On Aug 14, 2012
Funny = .. =
Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 14, 2012
And If he looses corpers and christians Will die,I can't vote 4 a man who don't have Respect for orders religion n tribe

6 Likes

Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by Abagworo(m): 8:57am On Aug 14, 2012
PDP has ruined Nigeria and even polarized it on ethnic and religious grounds. For our good, PDP should never rule an LGA not to talk of a State from next elections.

When other parties were campaigning for change and economic advancement, PDP was campaigning for region. North vs South, Igbo vs. Hausa, Christian vs Muslim, It is the turn of South-south, North has ruled 100 years. Those sounded disgusting to me and any other sane person. A party whose manifesto is based on tribe and religion is nothing but a disaster.

6 Likes

Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by HammedSodiqq: 9:06am On Aug 14, 2012
This alliance is failure bound. The aftermath of the 2011 elections is still fresh in our mind. Corpers and INEC officials were slaughtered like ram because CPC didn't win. People's houses were burnt and properties destroyed. Today Buhari still wants to become the President. PDP will finish their unholy alliance. Instead of BUHARI, I WILL VOTE GEJ TWICE

12 Likes

Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by Abagworo(m): 9:15am On Aug 14, 2012
HammedSodiqq: This alliance is failure bound. The aftermath of the 2011 elections is still fresh in our mind. Corpers and INEC officials were slaughtered like ram because CPC didn't win. People's houses were burnt and properties destroyed. Today Buhari still wants to become the President. PDP will finish their unholy alliance. Instead of BUHARI, I WILL VOTE GEJ TWICE

PDP slaughtered the corpers. If not why has there not been open trial for those arrested as called by the opposition? Henry Okah confessed of PDP planting the October 1 bomb during an open trial because he is being tried in South Africa. Let us try Kabiru Sokoto and others in open, so that Nigerians will know the truth.

The people's houses were burnt because they were seen as anti-people. Imagine if Ohakim was declared winner of the Imo State elections when 90% of Imolites knew they did not cast their votes for him. It is always good to let the will of majority prevail. Especially if the majority is overwhelming.

13 Likes

Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by geogina1234(m): 9:35am On Aug 14, 2012
earlier said than done, abi you think we have forgotten what you did to the corpers, boko haram
Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by KiKatanga: 9:38am On Aug 14, 2012
Southerners, you need to fight for a break up.

If there's one thing that has never yielded positive results it's Military men running countries.
Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 14, 2012
But come oh, why was Buhari quoted in this post? Where did Buhari say "We'll finish PDP in 2015"? The only opposition menbers being quoted here are the spokespersons for the ACN and the CPC. Where was Buhari quoted?

I see some Buhari-bashers are up to no good. angry

1 Like

Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 14, 2012
As for the topic, I believe strongly that the PDP needs to be kicked out of power for Nigeria to make progress. I say this, not because the opposition parties are any better, but because a strong message that power truly belongs to the people. Any new party that comes into government will know that they can also be kicked out like the PDP if they fail to perform, and that should be a strong enough incentive.

Power, I say, belongs to the people. cool

3 Likes

Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by KiKatanga: 10:53am On Aug 14, 2012
HNosegbe: As for the topic, I believe strongly that the PDP needs to be kicked out of power for Nigeria to make progress. I say this, not because the opposition parties are any better, but because a strong message that power truly belongs to the people. Any new party that comes into government will know that they can also be kicked out like the PDP if they fail to perform, and that should be a strong enough incentive.

Power, I say, belongs to the people. cool

In principle, you're right -- but there's no point kicking out a thief and getting a murderer.

9 Likes

Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 14, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

In principle, you're right -- but there's no point kicking out a thief and getting a murderer.

You guys keep calling Buhari a murderer... And I keep asking: WHERE IS THE PROOF?

8 Likes

Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by luluosas(m): 11:48am On Aug 14, 2012
"The ACN and CPC planned alliance will not work. There is going to be misunderstanding among them”
http://newsnigerians..com/2012/08/shocking-predictions-by-primate-elijah.html
Well, the above is the prediction by Primate Elijah Ayodele, concerning the ACN/CPC alliance.
Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by lacasa: 12:19pm On Aug 14, 2012
The op is an eediat.

Where was Buhari's name there cool

PDP & Jona, Ūя̲̅ own don finish grin grin

Up ACN/CPC!! cool

2 Likes

Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by BeraBera(f): 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2012
ACN & CPC leaders are obviously Muslims while PDP is mainly christian-based, as we can all see. If they succeed in merging, then they would be working towards taking over power at the federal level in order to finally Islamise Nigeria. By then, Christians would no longer be free to practice their religion.
Let us look before we leap, we have to choose leaders that would allow us to feel free with any religion of our choice, and not ACN & CPC that would force Nigerians to be muslims.

1 Like

Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by princenayo: 3:03pm On Aug 14, 2012
Abagworo:

PDP slaughtered the corpers. If not why has there not been open trial for those arrested as called by the opposition? Henry Okah confessed of PDP planting the October 1 bomb during an open trial because he is being tried in South Africa. Let us try Kabiru Sokoto and others in open, so that Nigerians will know the truth.

The people's houses were burnt because they were seen as anti-people. Imagine if Ohakim was declared winner of the Imo State elections when 90% of Imolites knew they did not cast their votes for him. It is always good to let the will of majority prevail. Especially if the majority is overwhelming.
If we should go by the peoples' mandate, GEJ out-rightly won the election.Let me say it here, I prefer GEJ to those Boko Boys called Buhari and his cohort.

1 Like

Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by Akanbiedu(m): 3:14pm On Aug 14, 2012
BeraBera: ACN & CPC leaders are obviously Muslims while PDP is mainly christian-based, as we can all see. If they succeed in merging, then they would be working towards taking over power at the federal level in order to finally Islamise Nigeria. By then, Christians would no longer be free to practice their religion.
Let us look before we leap, we have to choose leaders that would allow us to feel free with any religion of our choice, and not ACN & CPC that would force Nigerians to be muslims.

This is a record LOW in the history of divide and rule.

1 Like

Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by bubadaniel13: 3:27pm On Aug 14, 2012
The truth of the matter is that,PDP as a political party with all it's imperfections still has a National outlook than ACN and CPC which are purely regionally based,APGA is an Igbo party.Gen Buhari is chain looser,he has nothing to offer only anger and division....as far as I am concern the PDP is a necessary evil that is better than others.....

1 Like

Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by Geomac: 3:41pm On Aug 14, 2012
BeraBera: ACN & CPC leaders are obviously Muslims while PDP is mainly christian-based, as we can all see. If they succeed in merging, then they would be working towards taking over power at the federal level in order to finally Islamise Nigeria. By then, Christians would no longer be free to practice their religion.
Did you read what you typed before you click Submit button?

7 Likes

Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
Acidosis: If Buhari takes that presidential position in 2015, Then I'll cease to be a Nigerian. . .I'm saying this without any element of doubt that whoever vote for this man-Buhari, will live to regret his actions. .

I'll choose a man who was WAS IN GOVERNMENT FOR OVER 30YEARS as[b] Governor, Petroleum Minister[/b], and President BUT CAN EXPLAIN THE SOURCE OF HIS MEAGER EARNINGS and is known to battle corruption to the highest extent over one who was a[b] COLLEGE PROFESSOR LESS THAN 12YRS AGO BUT IS NOW A BILLIONAIRE, SO UNFATHOMABLY RICH THAT HE CANT EXPLAIN THE SOURCE OF HIS WEALTH AND WHEN ASKED TO ADHERE (AS ORDERED BY THE CONSTITUTION) TELLS THE ELECTORATE "I DONT GIVE A DAMN"[/b].

Basically, "Go F**k yourselves, I'm not here to serve you. You're here to serve me and watch me eat $30,000/day meals, read N500Million newspapers, renovate my wife's office (even though its not recognized by the constitution) at a cost to the tax payers for $45.7Million, eat with utensils that cost N300million, go on all kinds of jamborees overseas with a retinue of aides---some of the conferences I won't even attend because I'll be so drunk from partying with my wife and celebrating her birthday the night before, order 200 Brand new cars for the pleasure of my wife and her homegirls, splurge and steal money like its going out of fashion then make you poor souls foot the bill by surprising you on the 1st of January with an increase in the prices of Gasoline products--- I'll do this while claiming the country will collapse if this increase is not made (even though I'm lying, but what you gonna do about it? I don't give a damn, remember?). I'll encourage my wife to become a Ghost worker and openly steal from the taxpayers by getting paid for services which she doesnt render, then, I'll further encourage her to clamor for a change in the constitution that'll enable her collect a pension as wife of the Ex-President of Nigeria. I'll do all these and more while majority of you all starve on $2/day. I DO NOT GIVE A DAMN. Oh, and Boko Haram are my siblings, so I can't hurt them, you guys will just have to deal with the bombings....." Lets not also forget that the biggest gangsters in the land are his homies.

The sins of this man are outrageous and the fact that he's still in power, tells a lot about the psyche of (a certain section of) Nigerians. This man should have been chased out of power a looooooong time ago and caged as a deterrent to others that might have the mindset that gaining power is a means for self-enrichment.

26 Likes

Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by victichy07(m): 3:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
Its high time buhari stopped BLUFFING
Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by FJCRUISER: 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
kingoflag:
I'll choose a man who was WAS IN GOVERNMENT FOR OVER 30YEARS as[b] Governor, Petroleum Minister[/b], and President BUT CAN EXPLAIN THE SOURCE OF HIS MEAGER EARNINGS and is known to battle corruption to the highest extent over one who was a[b] COLLEGE PROFESSOR LESS THAN 12YRS AGO BUT IS NOW A BILLIONAIRE, SO UNFATHOMABLY RICH THAT HE CANT EXPLAIN THE SOURCE OF HIS WEALTH AND WHEN ASKED TO ADHERE (AS ORDERED BY THE CONSTITUTION) TELLS THE ELECTORATE "I DONT GIVE A DAMN"[/b].
Basically, "Go F**k yourselves, I'm not here to serve you. You're here to serve me and watch me eat $30,000/day meals, read N500Million newspapers, renovate my wife's office (even though its not recognized by the constitution) at a cost to the tax payers for $45.7Million, eat with utensils that cost N300million, go on all kinds of jamborees overseas with a retinue of aides---some of the conferences I won't even attend because I'll be so drunk from partying with my wife and celebrating her birthday the night before, order 200 Brand new cars for the pleasure of my wife and her homegirls, splurge and steal money like its going out of fashion then make you poor souls foot the bill by surprising you on the 1st of January with an increase in Gasoline products--- I'll do this while claiming the country will collapse if this increase is not made (even
though I'm lying, but what you gonna do about it? I don't give a damn, remember?). I'll encourage my wife to become a Ghost worker and openly
steal from the taxpayers by getting paid for services which she doesnt render, then, I'll further encourage her to clamor for a change in the constitution that'll enable her collect a pension as wife of the Ex-President of Nigeria. I'll do all these and more while majority of you all starve on $2/day. I DO NOT GIVE A DAMN. Oh, and Boko Haram are my siblings, so I can't hurt them, you guys will just have to deal with the bombings....." Lets not also forget that the biggest gangsters in the land are his homies.
The sins of this man are outrageous and the fact that he's still in power, tells a lot about the psyche of (a certain section of) Nigerians. This man should have been chased out of power a looooooong time ago and caged as a deterrent to others that might have the mindset that gaining power is a means for self-enrichment.
DID U AT ALL READ D THREAD B4 U STARTED WRITING UR RUBBISH ? U R A BLOOD SUCKING NYMPH DATS Y U CAN SUPPORT SOME ONE WHO CAUSED D DEATH OF INNOCENT CORPERS COS OF HIS COMMENTS N DIE HEART ATTITUDE YET HIS KIDS R ABROAD. NA MU MU U BE SHA
Re: ACN & CPC Merger - We'll Finish PDP In 2015 by LFJ: 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2012

I can't wait to see your name remove from our list. This will be a big celebration to those of us who cherish the unity of our dear country. What purpose are you currently serving as a Nigeria rather than propagating ethnic agenda.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Iranian Accused Of Importing Arms To Nigeria Sentenced / Avengers: Eni Stops 65,000 Barrels Per Day Crude Production - Vanguard / Nigeria To Construct 200MW Solar Farm In Delta, Largest In West Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.