Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? (4623 Views)

Which Is More Difficult To Win? Uefa Europa League Or Uefa Champions League / Spanish La Liga 2014-15 Fixture Released. Suarez To Make El-classico His Debut. / Commercializing The Nigerian Premier League Like The Spanish La Liga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by lordimpaq(m): 12:02pm On Jul 29, 2005
Which one is better? Premiership or the La liga (Spanish Football League)?

I don't understand why it is always about the Premiership.  The premiership is just the most popular, and that is why people watch it.  Even the most interesting one which is the La Liga (Spanish Football League) is just ignored.

But honestly speaking, the Barcelona vs Real Madrid match played early this year was more interesting than all the matches played in the premiership last season.  Even the Italian Serie A is much better.

Trust me, the English league is boring.
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by lordimpaq(m): 12:46pm On Jul 29, 2005
(I am a gunner)

Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by c0dec(m): 4:58pm On Jul 29, 2005
"lordimpaq":

Trust me, the English league is boring.
grin

this is how i rank them:
1. Serie A
2. La Liga
3. Premiership

By the way, did you see the la liga derby at the nou camp.
Barca 3 Madrid 0
my cousin is a die-hard barca fan. that day was like the happiest i've ever seen of him
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by Chxta(m): 7:05pm On Jul 29, 2005
We Nigerians are stuck with the Premiership because we are English speaking and we depend on bloody Supersport to give us almost all our football coverage. Now, Supersport is an extension of BSkyB, who are very British, and very pro-British, put that in the equation, and we have an almost strict English football coverage.

But to answer the question: of course La Liga is better than the Premiership, so is Serie A (look at the way the Scudetto had to be settled almost on the last day of the season, and that has been the case in 4 out of the last 6 seasons), unlike the Premiership where the winner usually knows weeks before time...

Let us rate each league by it's merits (my own rating):

England- Excitment occassioned by superb coverage by BSkyB and passionate crowds. For crying out loud, when you watch the Premiership round-up, these buggers make even the worst goaless draw between Crystal Palace and West Brom look exciting, something that Canal Plus have not quite been able to achieve for the Primera...

Spain- Sheer excitement brought about by having some of the most outrageously skilled players on the planet shared between a few teams. Bros in Madrid, (we all know who Bros is), Ronaldinho in Barca, Aimar in Valencia, Luque in Depor, Riquelme in Villareal, El Toro in Sevilla (if Arsenal don't get him), the list could go on... No match from last season in all competitions had more excitement than the two [i]El Classico[/i]s, and that says a lot.

Italy- What can I say? Some of the best coaches reside in the peninsula, and that aside, some of the world's best defensive minded players. That makes for the cagiest league money can buy (?) which is the reason that almost as a tradition, the Serie A title always goes down to the wire, and if just watching such a race (lke last season where Milan and Juve kept swapping places until that fateful day at Giuseppe Meazza cheesy) is not exciting, then I don't know what is. If you want to see a highly tactical match from last season, watch Juve-Milan, both legs. That is for those who appreciate tactical football (I still wonder why some people say the Milan-Juve UCL Final 2 going to 3 seasons ago was boring).

Germany- If you appreciate football as it was played in the 60s and 70s (as in with all their hearts, minds, bodies, souls and spirits), then this is the place for you. Only problem, Bayern Munchen are too dominant. That aside, the DFBundesliga has yet to be corrupted by the excess cash that has blighted the top 3 leagues...
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by Chxta(m): 7:14pm On Jul 29, 2005
Erm, Arsenal fans sorry o, Madrid just signed El Toro...

Real Madrid CF have signed attacking midfield player Julio Baptista from Sevilla FC in a deal that could be worth up to €24.5m to the Andalusian club.

Third recruit
Although the terms of the 23-year-old's contract are yet to be disclosed, the Brazilian international has become Madrid's third summer signing following the arrivals of Uruguayan international duo Pablo García and Carlos Diogo.

'Logical decision'
Sevilla chairman Jose María Del Nido said of the move: "The only logical decision was to sell him." Sevilla will receive an initial €20m from Madrid with the remainder of the fee being performance-related.

Scoring sensation
Baptista, who had attracted the public interest of Arsenal FC, joined Sevilla from São Paulo FC in a €2.75m transfer two summers ago. Initially considered an orthodox midfielder, he took a more attacking role in the Primera División, scoring 20 goals in 30 games in his first Spanish season, before registering 18 times in the league and five times in the UEFA Cup in 2004/05.

From UEFA.com
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by lordimpaq(m): 10:43am On Jul 30, 2005
well ..........its a pity we lost him, due to the inability of the "beast " to speak english and he wants spanish citizenship and of course bros in real madrid (ronaldo) well nothing spoil at least we beat ajax.... in the amsterdam tournament.....
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by Chxta(m): 1:14pm On Jul 30, 2005
Zidane is bros!
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by c0dec(m): 6:33pm On Jul 31, 2005
"Chxta":

(I still wonder why some people say the Milan-Juve UCL Final 2 going to 3 seasons ago was boring).

the british and spanish media said so as compensation for their under-achievement.

and yes lordimpaq. zidane is bros.
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by dile(m): 7:16pm On Jul 31, 2005
Hey lordimpaq, stop consoling ur self bout baptista, arsenal should become a bit aggresive in the market, 4get the reasons that he is giving 4not choosing arsenal, if the right offer had been made, he would not have refused. He knew that they were not serious, they are probably lookin for another 17 yr old that they would buy for E500,000.
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by lordimpaq(m): 12:54pm On Aug 01, 2005
come wat is ur problem...........? who told u we don't ave money..........at least we got hleb......from stuttgart......

ccooll off man.....ur chelsea have got nothing....

don't worry tilll sunday, till sunday...............then we'll know who's boss....dile shey u don hear.........sunday

on sunday we'll gun the entire roman revolution down.......trust me even with a mediocre arsenal team....we'll win i believe in wenger.......

then maybe u'll just shut up
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by sage(m): 2:52pm On Aug 01, 2005
Rating the leagues

1 Serie A

2 La Liga

3 Premiership

4 Bundesliga

5 french league
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by Chxta(m): 9:59pm On Aug 01, 2005
Found this funny, don't know where to put it, happy reading...

Wenger looks to Viera to get over Vieira

Reports last week suggested that the Arsenal camp is suffering from depression following the departure of Patrick Vieira to Juventus.

True, he's been an important player for the Highbury club and the Gunners may struggle to replace him, but surely manager Arsene Wenger's suggestion of hiring professional help to counsel those players hit hardest by Pat's departure is a little over the top.

Wenger now seems to have taken the matter of replacing Vieira a little too literally. The French boss is currently pursuing Patrick's Uruguay international almost-namesake, goalkeeper Sebastien Viera.

Is this the only way to get over the 'real' Vieira leaving? Will the players notice the difference? Surely Wenger can't pull the wool over his staff's eyes as easily as this....

Fight Club

Ageing Lazio captain Paulo di Canio showed he's lost none of his fire with the onset of old age, by sparking an impressive 22-man scrap in Wednesday's Intertoto Cup semi final against Marseille.

The Roman managed to kick off the brawl after twice tangling with Marseille players in the first half. The second incident involved French defender Abdoulaye Meité; head butts were exchanged and four players were booked, before Di Canio saw enough sense to actually do what he's paid for and score a goal.

Similar scenes were witnessed at a pre-season not-so-friendly match at Tamworth, where it was Aston Villa's, erm, 'combative,' Lee Hendrie who sparked a mass brawl. 21 players were involved as Hendrie grappled on the ground with Tamworth teenager Kyle Storer.

The pair were both dismissed by referee Rob Hyde, but not before punches were thrown. It must be the hot weather to blame.....

Strachan in nightmare start

It looks like new Celtic boss Gordon Strachan is in for a rough ride this season, judging by how stressed the wee man looks only two games into his new job.

The fiery Scotsman is already feeling the pressure of being in one of the biggest jobs in Scotland, having lost calamitously 5-0 against Artmedia Bratislava on Tuesday, and having thrown away a 3-1 lead against Motherwell to draw 4-4 on the opening day of the Scottish season.

And more bad news for wee Gord - his chief executive has spoken out and given him a vote of confidence following the poor start! And that normally means the chop isn't too far away.....

Thug of the week

Stiff competition this week (see above) for the inaugural title which 'celebrates' some of the worst indiscretions in the world of football thuggery.

But this week's award has to go to serial offender and all round hooligan, Joey Barton. The Manchester City midfielder hit the headlines again following a bust up in his team's hotel on their pre-season tour of the Far East.

Barton's candidature for the gong is undisputed, not only for fighting with a 16-year-old football supporter in the bar of his hotel, but also for managing to feast on peacemaking team-mate Richard Dunne's finger in a moment of cannibalistic madness.

This is a player who knows no limits to his methods of attack. Last year, in a 'dispute' with a youth team player, the Liverpudlian imaginatively poked a burning cigar into the youngster's eye

This time round, the 22-year-old was sent home by manager Stuart Pearce and has been fined eight week's wages. And all this even before the season has started.....
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by dile(m): 3:38pm On Aug 03, 2005
chxta
u dey yarn too much
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by lordimpaq(m): 6:16pm On Aug 03, 2005
yeah he sure does......he knows too... and u don't
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by dile(m): 12:48pm On Aug 04, 2005
hey, lordimpaq
dont take it personal
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by lordimpaq(m): 7:27pm On Aug 04, 2005
i am not...only that u are just biased in your views....which is not appropriate
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by dile(m): 3:19pm On Aug 05, 2005
i think i have a right to my views,the appropriate thing is for u to take it or leave it.
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by lordimpaq(m): 7:46pm On Aug 05, 2005
yeah...........agree.. no harms done anyway....

best of luck

these are my predictions

Arsenal 1 Chelsea 0

the charity shield is ours..........

wats yours
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by dile(m): 1:23pm On Aug 06, 2005
i'll rather talk to u after sunday
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by lordimpaq(m): 1:27pm On Aug 06, 2005
no problem.........i'll be waiting....
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by dile(m): 8:33pm On Aug 07, 2005
lordimpaq
u might wanna take solace in the fact that its on record that no team have won both the community shield and the premiership in the same season, but then records are meant to be broken so i would not advice u to console urself. hola at me
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by babaragold(f): 8:56pm On Mar 23, 2006
hi all,
je suis de chelsea en premiereship. me La Liga interests me most. cheesy
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by Seun(m): 5:00pm On Jul 02, 2006
Barcelona FC is in the Spanesh Premier League. So definitely, the Spanish league is better!
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by Priscila(f): 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2006
la liga is unarguably the best. east or west.
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by salehm(m): 5:50pm On Jul 04, 2006
To me The Premiership is the Most Exciting League in Europe,While the La liga is the most Competitive lipsrsealed
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by dblock(m): 3:43am On Oct 03, 2006
Premier leauge any day, the la lagis is aight but they need more money their pitches are under maintained and they don't get enough airtime compared to the epl
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by dblock(m): 3:46am On Oct 03, 2006
My previous post seems stupid because there are great stadiums in Spain like the benebao and others but it's a real eye sore to eatch la liga matches it's not as fast as it used to be and all the good players are slowly moving northwest to england
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by lordimpaq(m): 7:19am On Oct 04, 2006
i was such an ass when i started this thread, well it is all evident that the english league is now becoming interesting, with all the big guns wanting to come to the EPL,
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by fifacom: 8:51pm On Oct 04, 2006
there is no denying d fact dat d la liga is d best in d world. there is no basis 4 comparison. we all know d truth n let's just accept it. watch la liga n 4get ur sorrow.
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by fifacom: 8:52pm On Oct 04, 2006
there is no denying d fact dat d la liga is d best in d world. there is no basis 4 comparison. we all know d truth n let's just accept it. watch la liga n 4get ur sorrow.
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by mukina2: 10:56pm On Oct 04, 2006
lordy angry shocked lipsrsealed
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by dblock(m): 2:55am On Oct 05, 2006
fifa.com wake up it's a new dawn things change in the blink of an eye last year juve were in the seria A now they are not, two years ago the la liga was the best now it aint

There is currently an investigation on Inter Milan concerning matchfixing if they're found guilty the seria a would slip further on my list.

My list
1. La Liga                     
2. Seria A                     
3. Bundesliga               
4. Premier league         
5. France Ligue 1
6. Scot Premier league
7. Brazilian League
8. Dutch edrivise

1. La Liga
2. Seria A                     
3. Premier league                 
4. Bundesliga     
5. France Ligue 1
6. Scot Premier league
7. Brazilian League
8. Dutch edrivise

1. La Liga
2. Seria A                     
3. Premier league                 
4. France Ligue 1     
5. Bundesliga
6. Scot Premier league
7. Dutch edrivise
8. Brazilian League

1. La Liga
2. Seria A                     
3. Premier league                 
4. France Ligue 1     
5. Bundesliga
6. Scot Premier league
7. Dutch edrivise
8. Brazilian League

1. La Liga
2. Premier league                 
3. Bundesliga               
4. Seria A     
5. France Ligue 1
6. Scot Premier league
7. Dutch edrivise
8. Brazilian League

1. Premier league
2. La Liga               
3. France Ligue 1         
4. Seria A   
5. Bundesliga         
6. Scot Premier league
7. Dutch edrivise
8. Brazilian League

From 01-06  grin grin grin Therefore the EPL slightly has the edge over the La Liga

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch And Download: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City 4-1 All Goals And Highlights / Two And Seriously Sure Odds / Messi Captured Looking Awkwardly At Ronaldo Before Uefa Best Player Declaration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.