Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,417 members, 7,808,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? (2635 Views)

Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer / Jesus Is More Than God, He Is Jehovah / Is Jehovah A Former Pagan Deity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by styca(m): 11:44am On Aug 14, 2012
I read some where that all religion leads to the same God, well i"m wondering what's the mindset of people both Christians and Muslims when the pray do they have the same idea of God or do they think Him to be different?
And if they think Him to be the same, Why the atrocities committed in the name of pleasing Him?

I don't know well what do you think?
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by AtheistD(m): 2:58pm On Aug 14, 2012
styca: I read some where that all religion leads to the same God, well i"m wondering what's the mindset of people both Christians and Muslims when the pray do they have the same idea of God or do they think Him to be different?
And if they think Him to be the same, Why the atrocities committed in the name of pleasing Him?

I don't know well what do you think?

No. Not all religions have the same god. The god you refer to is the God of Abraham. This the God worshipped by Jews, Christians and Muslims. That is why these faiths are referred tocas the Abrahamic faiths.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
God forbid, the answer is NO !!

God is not an author of confusion, he cannot ask you to come to him in a thousand different ways , each with contradictory styles of worship and belief systems.

There is only one way the true God, which is Yahweh , has provided for salvation and that is through Christ.

For one , ALLAH does not recognise Jesus Christ as the Son of God , so he is not and never will be the God of the bible.

1 Like

Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 14, 2012
^For your information, some of your fellow Christians do not regard Jesus as the son of God. Does that mean they are worshipping a different God from yours?
And all that violence you attribute to Muslims are only committed by a misguided few. Islam actually forbids the senseless killing of innocents, believe it or not.
Atheist:-D:

No. Not all religions have the same god. The god you refer to is the God of Abraham. This the God worshipped by Jews, Christians and Muslims. That is why these faiths are referred tocas the Abrahamic faiths.

Help me tell these self deluding Christians
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by AtheistD(m): 3:22pm On Aug 14, 2012
E_monkey: ^For your information, some of your fellow Christians do not regard Jesus as the son of God. Does that mean they are worshipping a different God from yours?
And all that violence you attribute to Muslims are only committed by a misguided few. Islam actually forbids the senseless killing of innocents, believe it or not.

Most Christians already know this (I assume). The real question they have is whther or not The prophet Muhammad is a true prophet of God. I belive the answer is no according to Christianity.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 14, 2012
Atheist:-D:

Most Christians already know this (I assume). The real question they have is whther or not The prophet Muhammad is a true prophet of God. I belive the answer is no according to Christianity.
That doesn't make sense. If they believe we worship the same God then they have to also believe that Muhammed is a prophet of God because he promoted the worship of that God.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by AtheistD(m): 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2012
[quote author=E_monkey]
That doesn't make sense. If they believe we worship the same God then they have to also believe that Muhammed is a prophet of God abecause he promoted the worship of that God.[/quo

Not necessarily, it is possible to both believe in the same god but believe different things about the same god. Even Christian beliefs differ between denomination. There are some things that are standard across all branches of Christianity. This is known as a canonical belief. There also standardised beliefs across the Abrahamic faiths. These mostly relate to Noah, and pre Noah.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2012
E_monkey: ^For your information, some of your fellow Christians do not regard Jesus as the son of God. Does that mean they are worshipping a different God from yours?

A totally haywire statement.

No Christian, and I repeat no Christian in the TRUE sense of the word will nullify the Sonship of Christ Jesus. Maybe you have various definitions of what the word Christian means.

Regarding ISLAM and it's rejection of senseless killing, maybe this has a little truth to it, but we can only go on account of the constant, relentless and senseless killings in places like Somalia, Northern Nigeria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq and the worst case of all Syria. Worst still the total silence of the majority umma is more disturbing.

However we agree that there are countless Muslims out there , who are peace loving and in not a few cases who live lives more worthy of emulation than many who call themselves Christians today.

I undersatand that you are scared of a permanent ban in the ISLAM section, but speak the truth bro. grin grin
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 14, 2012
I am not sure I get what you mean Atheist. I don't see how Christians would think Muhammed is not from God but would think Muslims worship God. Muhammed was the one that officially introduced and taught Islam to the Muslims, its practises and anything regarding the worship involved in Islam.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 14, 2012
frosbel:

Regarding ISLAM and it's rejection of senseless killing, maybe this has a little truth to it, but we can only go on account of the constant, relentless and senseless killings in places like Somalia, Northern Nigeria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq and the worst case of all Syria. Worst still the total silence of the majority umma is more disturbing.

You cannot decide to judge a group of people based on the actions of the bad eggs in the group. How would you feel if I decided to judge you as a person based on your bad habits?
And for crying out loud the umma is not silent on the issue, stop acting ignorant.
frosbel: However we agree that there are countless Muslims out there , who are peace loving and in not a few cases who live lives more worthy of emulation than many who call themselves Christians today.

Lol. Who are you and how did you get frosbel's NL password?
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by AtheistD(m): 7:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
E_monkey: I am not sure I get what you mean Atheist. I don't see how Christians would think Muhammed is not from God but would think Muslims worship God. Muhammed was the one that officially introduced and taught Islam to the Muslims, its practises and anything regarding the worship involved in Islam.

It is possible. Not every Christian believes in Catholicism but all Christians believe in Christ. The same way all 3 Abrahamic faiths believe in God but worship and believe in different prophets etc. To clarify the Muslims also believe Jesus is the messiah... So omly the Jews reject the Christ doctrine.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 14, 2012
I still don't understand how, but don't worry about it.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by AtheistD(m): 7:41pm On Aug 14, 2012
E_monkey: I still don't understand how, but don't worry about it.

Neither do I. There can only be one way to worship God. So which of the 3 Abrahamic faiths are correct wink
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by TheOP1(m): 7:42pm On Aug 14, 2012
@ Frosbel, to Say the God the muslims worship is not the same God of the christains because they dont accept ths controversial Godship of christ is to say the God worshipped by the Jews is not the God of new testerment as they also do not accept the lordship of christ.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by TheOP1(m): 7:49pm On Aug 14, 2012
In fact i suggest its time For christians to comeout and disown the God of the old testament.

You see there are a lot more similarity between Allah of the muslims and Yahwah of the Old testament than Btw jesus and Jehovah.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by AtheistD(m): 8:05pm On Aug 14, 2012
The OP: In fact i suggest its time For christians to comeout and disown the God of the old testament.

You see there are a lot more similarity between Allah of the muslims and Yahwah of the Old testament than Btw jesus and Jehovah.

So which of the Abrahamic faiths is the right way to worship God?
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by TheOP1(m): 8:14pm On Aug 14, 2012
For example Frosbel goes aorund running his mouth about how violent Allah of the muslim is but will craftly elude any questions about the many atrocities of jehovah in the old testament.

Another example is constant attack on the moral of the Prophet of islam , like how he married too many wives forgeting to give reason for the 700 wives of Prophet solomon(wow how did he cope).

In a nutshell the doctrine of the Old testament which is extremely monotheistic is in contrast with the 3 in 1 God of the new regime.

Am sure if we can raise Moses from the dead and tell him about trinity he will exclaim WHAT THE Zap!!!!
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 14, 2012
[quote author=E_monkey]
You cannot decide to judge a group of people based on the actions of the bad eggs in the group. How would you feel if I decided to judge you as a person based on your bad habits?

Indeed , but you can judge a tree by it's fruit.

And for crying out loud the umma is not silent on the issue, stop acting ignorant.

Do they ? Phew !!!

Lol. Who are you and how did you get frosbel's NL password?

Very funny .
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2012
The OP: In fact i suggest its time For christians to comeout and disown the God of the old testament.

There is no similarity between Yahweh and ALLAH , absolutely none at all.

about Yahweh, it is taught that he commanded Abraham to execute his son Isaac and then rescued Isaac, as a consequence making an everlasting covenant between himself, Abraham, Isaac and Isaac's descendants. It is taught that Abraham and Isaac were the ancestors of the Jewish people, Hebrews but not followers of the Jewish Mosaic Covenant.

about Allah, it is taught that he commanded Abraham to execute his *other* son Ishmael and then rescued Ishmael, as a consequence making an everlasting covenant between himself, Abraham, Ishmael and Ishmael's descendants. It is taught that Abraham and Ishmael were Muslims and that Ishmael was the ancestor of the Arabic peoples, even though Islam (as far as we know) did not exist before Mohammad and there is no historical or Biblical evidence that Ishmael is in any way related to the Arab peoples.

about Yahweh, it is taught that he favored David because of his "heart" or attitude, despite his many moral shortcomings.

about Allah, it is taught that he favored David (and all of the Biblical prophets) because he was "perfect" and had no obvious moral shortcomings.

The list goes on and on. Most importantly, however, is the fact that about Allah it is taught that he sent an angel to give the teachings of Qur'an to Mohammad. Such a thing is not taught about Yahweh.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by TheOP1(m): 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2012
The OP: For example Frosbel goes aorund running his mouth about how violent Allah of the muslim is but will craftly elude any questions about the many atrocities of jehovah in the old testament.

Another example is constant attack on the moral of the Prophet of islam , like how he married too many wives forgeting to give reason for the 700 wives of Prophet solomon(wow how did he cope).

In a nutshell the doctrine of the Old testament which is extremely monotheistic is in contrast with the 3 in 1 God of the new regime.

Am sure if we can raise Moses from the dead and tell him about trinity he will exclaim WHAT THE Zap!!!!
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
There is no similarity between Yahweh and ALLAH , absolutely none at all.

about Yahweh, it is taught that he commanded Abraham to execute his son Isaac and then rescued Isaac, as a consequence making an everlasting covenant between himself, Abraham, Isaac and Isaac's descendants. It is taught that Abraham and Isaac were the ancestors of the Jewish people, Hebrews but not followers of the Jewish Mosaic Covenant.

about Allah, it is taught that he commanded Abraham to execute his *other* son Ishmael and then rescued Ishmael, as a consequence making an everlasting covenant between himself, Abraham, Ishmael and Ishmael's descendants. It is taught that Abraham and Ishmael were Muslims and that Ishmael was the ancestor of the Arabic peoples, even though Islam (as far as we know) did not exist before Mohammad and there is no historical or Biblical evidence that Ishmael is in any way related to the Arab peoples.

about Yahweh, it is taught that he favored David because of his "heart" or attitude, despite his many moral shortcomings.

about Allah, it is taught that he favored David (and all of the Biblical prophets) because he was "perfect" and had no obvious moral shortcomings.

The list goes on and on. Most importantly, however, is the fact that about Allah it is taught that he sent an angel to give the teachings of Qur'an to Mohammad. Such a thing is not taught about Yahweh.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by TheOP1(m): 8:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
O.k tell me if trinity was taught by any of the prophet old.
Also did any of the propheof old say any thing about the coming to earth of Jehovah the creator Himself?
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 14, 2012
The OP: O.k tell me if trinity was taught by any of the prophet old.
Also did any of the propheof old say any thing about the coming to earth of Jehovah the creator Himself?

we are on the same page , I do not believe in the Trinity , there is ONE GOD not THREE.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Ndipe(m): 8:54pm On Aug 14, 2012
[/b]
frosbel: God forbid, the answer is NO !!

God is not an author of confusion, he cannot ask you to come to him in a thousand different ways , each with contradictory styles of worship and belief systems.

There is only one way the true God, which is Yahweh , has provided for salvation and that is through Christ.

For one , ALLAH does not recognise Jesus Christ as the Son of God , so he is not and never will be the God of the bible.
[b]

"Who" not "Which".

Excellent Answer though, except use "Who" instead of "Which"
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by studM(m): 10:58pm On Aug 14, 2012

frosbel;u tend to speak the truth most times,but find it difficult 2 speak in luv
how can u den save a dying soul from going 2 hell in ds manner?
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by TrueSeeker(m): 12:49pm On Aug 15, 2012
I think this is a recycle of Old Topic. Old Nairalanders will know that we have discuss this in the past. In nutshell Allah is not the same with Jehovah. Jehovah is the Most High God the creator of heavens and earth, known by Hebrews, Jews and Christians in the Bible. Jehovah was never mentioned once in the Muslim Quran even though the Hebrews, Jews and Christians have all existed and know Jehovah/Yahweh before the advent of Quran. History has it that [b]Allah was a moon tribal god [/b]in Arab, and Muhammed propagate him and made Allah to overthrow all others Arab gods and became the only god for all Muslims community.

1 Like

Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by AtheistD(m): 4:14pm On Aug 15, 2012
TrueSeeker: I think this is a recycle of Old Topic. Old Nairalanders will know that we have discuss this in the past. In nutshell Allah is not the same with Jehovah. Jehovah is the Most High God the creator of heavens and earth, known by Hebrews, Jews and Christians in the Bible. Jehovah was never mentioned once in the Muslim Quran even though the Hebrews, Jews and Christians have all existed and know Jehovah/Yahweh before the advent of Quran. History has it that [b]Allah was a moon tribal god [/b]in Arab, and Muhammed propagate him and made Allah to overthrow all others Arab gods and became the only god for all Muslims community.

Dont muslims refer to Allah as the God of Jesus amd Abraham? Who else can they be referring too.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by billyG(m): 4:29pm On Aug 15, 2012
For where?dey are not d same o!dey will fight themselves 2 death if dey ever meet. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Benito69(m): 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2012
He is not the same, the God of the Jews and Christians (He is Jehovah) is different from Allah. I give an example from the Bible; Jesus Christ makes mention that He is the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through him...that approach alone shows the major difference.
*All religions don't lead to God, just like not all roads lead to your house. wink
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by AtheistD(m): 7:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
Benito69: He is not the same, the God of the Jews and Christians (He is Jehovah) is different from Allah. I give an example from the Bible; Jesus Christ makes mention that He is the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through him...that approach alone shows the major difference.
*All religions don't lead to God, just like not all roads lead to your house. wink

The Jews dont believe in Christ. Does that mean they are worshipping a different god.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by TheOP1(m): 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2012
@atheist thank you very much, YOU SEE THE CHRISTAINS KEEP SAYING ALLAH IS NOT THE SAME AS JEHOVAH BASED ON THE DIFFERENCE IN BELIEF ABOUT THE CHRIST AND FORGET THAT THE JEWS DONT EVEN HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR JESUS TALKLESS OF ACCEPTING HIS DEITY WHILST AGREEING THAT THEY WORSHIP THE SAME GOD AS THE JEWS.
Re: Is Jehovah Of Christians The Same Being As The Allah Of Islam? by Ndipe(m): 1:12am On Aug 16, 2012
The OP: @atheist thank you very much, YOU SEE THE CHRISTAINS KEEP SAYING ALLAH IS NOT THE SAME AS JEHOVAH BASED ON THE DIFFERENCE IN BELIEF ABOUT THE CHRIST AND FORGET THAT THE JEWS DONT EVEN HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR JESUS TALKLESS OF ACCEPTING HIS DEITY WHILST AGREEING THAT THEY WORSHIP THE SAME GOD AS THE JEWS.

Back in the Old Testament, some prophets have received Divine Revelation on the future birth of the Savior, Jesus Christ. And even if Jews reject Him as the Messiah, dont forget that there are certain sects in Judaism that uphold Him as the Messiah of the World. They are called Jews for Jews, that is Jews who believe in the Messiaship of Jesus Christ.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prayer That Brings Instant Miracles / Know The Benefits Of Keeping The Laws Of YAHUAH/YAHWEH / Reverend Father Dies While Preaching On The Alter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.