Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? (7648 Views)

Have U Ever Slept With A Guy Or A Girl U Met On The First Day? / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Who Have U Met On This Forum/section?., And Who Would U Love To Meet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by ufobabe(f): 5:10pm On Dec 24, 2007
@ poster

YES! i can

infact, it is happening very soon.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by tommyex(m): 7:38am On Dec 25, 2007
Maybe Yes
for me,marriage can be from anywhere reasonable
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by babycool(f): 3:58pm On Dec 28, 2007
Yes i can, sometimes love is found in the least expected places, i don't think the timing matters, the quality of a relationship is not determined by the amount of years involved, i have seen many cases of people who have dated for many years and after breaking up, in just a few months they met the love of their lives and got married to them, as a matter of fact, i now shun long relatioships, it seems to give room for flaws, the good thing about internet dating is that since there's no physical contact, the feelings are  more mutual, you both know that you are not after each other for sex, you talk more and get to understand a lot about the person before meeting him or her, and when you eventually meet, getting along wont be difficult.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Busta(f): 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2007
got a friend that met his wife on the internet. He was in the USA and she was in Canada.
They were chatting for while, then they exchange phone numbers, then he came to visit her
then she went to visit him. Before u know it . . she transfered her studies there and they got married last summer.
Now she is 3 months pregnant.

sure works for some people and it doesn't work for some.
all about connecting with the right person.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Alert(f): 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2007
now this guy wants to come down to Nigeria and meet the parents of the girl, is not as if this girl has seen him yet. what do u guys think should the girl allow him to meet her parents as soon as he comes into Nigeria or maybe the next time he comes in? meanwhile they have been communicating through phone, and this girl is 26, what should i tell her to do? please I need your useful suggestion.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by lamskyblue(m): 6:41pm On Dec 29, 2007
loving a girl on the internet is Human and getting married to one is Divine.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by adeboo(f): 6:49pm On Dec 29, 2007
@Alert, the thing is that he could come and meet the parents - that shouldnt be a problem. Its just that she has got to be careful - if she could actually go and visit him then its cool but if not then i dont know.

Like its been said, let her take a chance, there are some its for and some havent had any luck.

Let them meet - first of all she better pray to God that he displayt his flaws to her so she can know who she is dealing with.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by saucekid(m): 7:01pm On Dec 29, 2007
uhm. . . . . . . . .

*monitoring this trend*
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by babycool(f): 10:07am On Dec 31, 2007
adeboo:

@Alert, the thing is that he could come and meet the parents - that shouldnt be a problem. Its just that she has got to be careful - if she could actually go and visit him then its cool but if not then i don't know.

Like its been said, let her take a chance, there are some its for and some havent had any luck.

Let them meet - first of all she better pray to God that he displayt his flaws to her so she can know who she is dealing with.

Afterall life is full of risk, how can one achieve sucess withou taking some risks? undecided
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by yimiton(f): 11:55am On Dec 31, 2007
What has where I met him got to do with marrying him?
Sure I will.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Jairzinho(m): 1:42pm On Jan 02, 2008
Yimiton,
Will u marry me? cool
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by ariblaze(m): 7:43pm On Jan 02, 2008
where you meet a person doesnt matter

its what you create with such person that counts
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by skipo87(m): 7:53pm On Jan 02, 2008
thats how a cookie crumbles,
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by skipo87(m): 7:58pm On Jan 02, 2008
the fact is that anybody can marry anyone met thru any method, but this case is quite stupid. the guy over there wants to marry the girl over here. they've not seen each other before except thru pix. i doubt if they really know theirselves not to talk of each other. i'll just say dumb move!
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by stag: 8:09pm On Jan 02, 2008
Busta:

got a friend that met his wife on the internet. He was in the USA and she was in Canada.
They were chatting for while, then they exchange phone numbers, then he came to visit her
then she went to visit him. Before u know it . . she transfered her studies there and they got married last summer.
Now she is 3 months pregnant.

The story's still on baby.the real people shall soon be revealed. wink

for me: i cannot.exept that i can beyond all reasonable doubts take the risk.indeed a big risk.all stories i've heard about internet marriage always come on worse than problems between people who meet in person. the internet way, they are prone to infatuation and fantasy.its quite easy to hide those petty but quite annoying behaviours and habits on internet.
dating is fine.marriage? without seeing her, console urself that u've seen her pix.talking and communication eye to eye means alot cos every form of electronic communication/interraction aren't safe.
i might be old fashioned but i proudly belong to the old school wink and we sure take alot of things into consideration.if i ever do, i''l always sleep with an eye open. . . if u know what i mean
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by MrInfo1(m): 9:56pm On Jan 03, 2008
Shit happens kiss
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by mrpataki(m): 10:01pm On Jan 03, 2008
Yes, and I pray it happen sooner than I expect. tongue
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jan 03, 2008
mrpataki:

hmmmmmmm. . .i'd have never thought . . .NM
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by olanajim(m): 10:30am On Jan 06, 2008
Some years ago, It is generally unacceptable for couple to meet on the street and start dating. If you take a lady home and tell your people you met on the road, you would be castigate. To them, you might have picked up a wictch or roaming living dead. The tradition is to marry people you know or people your parents give you.

As time went by, we finds that youths started overiding that tradition and starts romance on the street, dance halls, supermarkets etc

Later, newspaper came in and many couple actually meet through newspaper. Be it pen pals, or friendship or direct romance ads. It is pure ignorance that would make anyone deny the aforementioned dating methods.

We all know that compare to newspaper, letter writting, internet is an improved communication method. Yet, due to some entrenched myths and scepticism, certain people never see any good in it. At any rate, we are slow to change. That is why we are backward. Five years ago, most of us never believe one can make money online without seeing the man you are dealing with. Today, thousands are scrambling for the opportunity.

To the topic, internet dating and marriage is not just real but realistic. Like sensible people have said, it depend on the people. It depend on them revealing their real identity and of course, if it must lead to marriage, they must meet. It is all about communication. Right communication for that matter. It is all about attitude.

I need to remind you all that every evils associated with internet datings also applies to your offline datings. Therefore, anything is possible.

My advice to wannabe internet spouse is TO LOVE WITH YOUR HEAD FIRST AND NOT YOUR HEART. That way, you can be in total control.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by spoilt(f): 3:39pm On Jan 06, 2008
Meeting on the internet , talking on the phone and exchanging emails are one thing, meeting the person in flesh and blood at least once before taking the plunge is highly adviced.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by olanajim(m): 5:15pm On Jan 06, 2008
I agrees.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by LemonLime1(m): 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2008
You can (of course that's up to y'all), but honestly, I wouldn't do it, not if I didn't personally know her.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 06, 2008
[size=15pt]NEVER![/size]
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by tkb417(m): 7:56am On Jan 07, 2008
where i meet my wife shouldnt be a prob. what matters will be the events after the initial hooking up.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by candies(f): 8:16am On Jan 07, 2008
After meeting online, all I have to do is to meet you one on one.
If we meet and I like you, well, what stops me? what has where we initially met got to do with it? wink undecided
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by jkpretty(f): 11:28am On Jan 07, 2008
Where u meet isn't the problem, who u meet should be the issue.

If i fall for his personality on net, & fall for his personality again off net. Dunno what the problem is tongue
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by henchmark: 12:11pm On Jan 07, 2008
man must shit for somewhere.
you meet in the moon, in your bedroom, location isnt got any content. what matters is the person. are you not aware demons dey go church. afterall satan was in heaven
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:41pm On Jan 07, 2008
@topic

Never say Never, we could meet that special person, anywhere.
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by almondjoy(f): 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2008
What is the difference between meeting someone on the internet and meeting someone in church? undecided

I used to think only pediphiles surfed the net till I became an avid surfer myself and met many normal people on the cyber airways. cool

The only assurance is that we must date or interact spiritually for 2 years at least before we tie the knot.  While I screen your lineage for insanity and other genetic illnesses. kiss

Hope you do not mind? cheesy

michelin89:

[size=15pt]NEVER![/size]

That means you have not met the right one. cool  Try harder ooooooooooooooooooooh!!!

mrpataki:

Who dash monkey banana!!!!

You go dey here for Nairaland dey do "iice can I meet you"?  Till you enter for grave!!!! cheesy

Abi na Mukina2 you wan "meet"?------Tell me so I can help you meet any of the Nairaland founding or leading ladies!!!

He he he! cheesy
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 07, 2008
almondjoy:

What is the difference between meeting someone on the internet and meeting someone in church? undecided

None! You never know what they are capable of until you are in a secluded place.  grin

almondjoy:

That means you have not met the right one. cool  Try harder ooooooooooooooooooooh!!!

I am not even going to try. I can't date anyone I met on net. I play, joke, chat with them but what's on the net, remains on the net!
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by mrpataki(m): 7:46pm On Jan 07, 2008
almondjoy:

Who dash monkey banana!!!!

You go dey here for Nairaland dey do "iice can I meet you"?  Till you enter for grave!!!! cheesy

Abi na Mukina2 you wan "meet"?------Tell me so I can help you meet any of the Nairaland founding or leading ladies!!!

He he he! cheesy

If I did not know you are the queen of sarcasm, I would still be wondering which kain post be this

Nairaland ladies? Abeg I no do oh.

What is an ''agbaya'' like you looking for in marriage through the internet? tongue cheesy You never dey satisfied? grin With all the numerous telephone numbers and emails that guys don drop for this forum, you never get anyone? grin grin grin

hahahhahahahha cheesy
Re: Can U Marry Someone U Met Through The Internet? by almondjoy(f): 9:13pm On Jan 07, 2008
michelin89:

None! You never know what they are capable of until you are in a secluded place.  grin

I am not even going to try. I can't date anyone I met on net. I play, joke, chat with them but what's on the net, remains on the net!

I hear you jare!!!!  It works for some and not for others.

mrpataki:

If I did not know you are the queen of sarcasm, I would still be wondering which kain post be this

Nairaland ladies? Abeg I no do oh.

What is an ''agbaya'' like you looking for in marriage through the internet? tongue cheesy You never dey satisfied? grin With all the numerous telephone numbers and emails that guys don drop for this forum, you never get anyone? grin grin grin

hahahhahahahha cheesy

Happy new year mrpatkaki. I am thrilled we are beginning to understand ourselves better on Nairaland. That gives me nothing but effervescent pleasure. tongue

That is where you are wrong.  "Agbaya love" is the sweetest of all loves.  With "Accent" seasoning abi na "Mrs Dash"!!!! kiss I will continue collecting numbers of "worthy" fellows who do not "kiss and tell" tales when they are not "in the mood" anymore.

Not for marriage though.  We forbid more than one marriage per person in my village.  So na only for Nairaland runs!!!!! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If This Man Grabs Your Babes Bum In Front Of You, What Would You Do / How Do You Feel When Your Ex Becomes Really Successful? / Suggestive Photos Of Youths Swimming At The Beach On Boxing Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.