Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Does God Really Tell Pastors To Buy Private Jets. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Really Tell Pastors To Buy Private Jets. (931 Views)

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M / How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Really Tell Pastors To Buy Private Jets. by jookco(m): 12:59pm On Aug 14, 2012
There is nothing in the World like our Lord Jesus Christ, but I have problem trying to figure out how God tell prophets and Pastors to buy Private Jet worth of 25 million dollars for themselves in a country like Nigeria where some members of the Church lives with less than one dollar a day, but another question I ask my self each time this question bugs my mind is " can a prophet or pastor of that high respected level lie?" , but I know that Jesus Christ humbled himself and because of his humility God gave him a name high than every other name, and when the founder of the Church is dying God also ask them to hand it over to their wife of son or daughter , I mean can all this be true?, people receive intimidating teaching that prevents them from asking common questions like this, people feel maybe thunder will just strike them down if dare speak negative of the prophet or pastor but nevertheless we need to the know the truth.

Jesus for live.
Re: Does God Really Tell Pastors To Buy Private Jets. by AtheistD(m): 2:52pm On Aug 14, 2012
jookco: There is nothing in the World like our Lord Jesus Christ, but I have a problem trying to figure out how God tell prophets and Pastors to buy Private Jet worth of 25 million dollars for themselves in a country like Nigeria where some members of the Church lives with less than one dollar a day, but another question I ask my self each time this question bugs my mind is " can a prophet or pastor of that high respected level lie?" , but I know that Jesus Christ humbled himself and because of his humility God gave him a name high than every other name, and when the founder of the Church is dying God also ask them to hand it over to their wife of son or daughter , I mean can all this be true?, people receive intimidating teaching that prevents them from asking common questions like this, people feel maybe thunder will just strike them down if dare speak negative of the prophet or pastor but nevertheless we need to the know the truth.

Jesus for live.

All people must be judged by their actions. If it looks wrong, it is wrong. A man of God is no better than a sinner if he himself commits such atrocities. Look up the pope and the crusades to understand the dangers of not holding people accountable for their actions.
Re: Does God Really Tell Pastors To Buy Private Jets. by thehomer: 8:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
What do you expect? Jesus was said to have commandeered some animal for his triumphant entry. Maybe these days, due to regulations and proper checking, it isn't so easy to commandeer transports so the pastors have to buy theirs which must be the most expensive unused one available.
Re: Does God Really Tell Pastors To Buy Private Jets. by AtheistD(m): 9:25pm On Aug 14, 2012
thehomer: What do you expect? Jesus was said to have commandeered some animal for his triumphant entry. Maybe these days, due to regulations and proper checking, it isn't so easy to commandeer transports so the pastors have to buy theirs which must be the most expensive unused one available.

Christ did not live in wealthy splendour. These men of God truly take wealth to extemes. Was it not Christ that quoted that it would ne easier for a camels head to pass through the eye of a needle than for a wealthy person to make the kingdom of heaven. The wealth of these pastors puts the scripture or gospel to shame. shocked
Re: Does God Really Tell Pastors To Buy Private Jets. by OmoAlata(f): 11:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
If you work at the pepe
You eat at the pepe grin
Re: Does God Really Tell Pastors To Buy Private Jets. by AtheistD(m): 11:01pm On Aug 14, 2012
shocked
Omo Alata: If you work at the pepe
You eat at the pepe grin

Not sure what you mean?
Re: Does God Really Tell Pastors To Buy Private Jets. by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 15, 2012
Matthew 6v 19-23
A rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
1 Timothy 6:10
The love of money is the root of all evil
Luke 12v15
Be on your guard against all kinds of greed. A man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.
And so on and so forth, from the Bible. Not one verse in the Bible states that Christians need more money and possessions should be valued. It teaches instead to be content with what you have. It's your Bible afterall.
How can this prosperity Gospel thing still be so confusing to Christians?
Re: Does God Really Tell Pastors To Buy Private Jets. by AtheistD(m): 12:36am On Aug 15, 2012
E_monkey: Matthew 6v 19-23
A rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
1 Timothy 6:10
The love of money is the root of all evil
Luke 12v15
Be on your guard against all kinds of greed. A man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.
And so on and so forth, from the Bible. Not one verse in the Bible states that Christians need more money and possessions should be valued. It teaches instead to be content with what you have. It's your Bible afterall.
How can this prosperity Gospel thing still be so confusing to Christians?

Wealth is also a social construct so how can Godmbless people with wealth
Re: Does God Really Tell Pastors To Buy Private Jets. by Nobody: 6:04am On Aug 15, 2012
Atheist:-D:

Wealth is also a social construct so how can God bless people with wealth
Matthew 6:31
Take no thought, saying, what shall we eat? Or what shall we drink? Or wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek: ) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

As you can see from the above verse, they were not supposed to seek wealth or become wealthy in the first place. How do they expect to be blessed after going against orders by chasing money
Re: Does God Really Tell Pastors To Buy Private Jets. by ijawkid(m): 7:13am On Aug 15, 2012
.....Na them sabi......

If all the members of the church can squeeze into that plane then I'll have no problem with it.........

But if its just for daddy and mummy then I'ma be mad @ them
Re: Does God Really Tell Pastors To Buy Private Jets. by Benito69(m): 7:08pm On Aug 15, 2012
Brethren lets be careful not to allow the spirit of envy, offense to quietly creep into our hearts. Thank God for the pastors flying private jets, but our relationship with God should be our number one priority, not looking at man. 'Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all other things will be added onto you...', lets trust in our Heavenly Father's desire to see us prosper.
*He is not better than you because he flies in a jet, we don't know their private and personal battles. Lets carry our cross with joy. BLESS! smiley
Re: Does God Really Tell Pastors To Buy Private Jets. by onatisii: 4:46pm On Aug 16, 2012
NO NO NO NO.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Shocked As Two Nude Witches Crash Land In Her Garden :-\ / The Weakness Of Religion / ................

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.