Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Moving Back To Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Moving Back To Nigeria (943 Views)

Help Moving Back To Naija / Moving Back To Naija / Moving Back To Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Moving Back To Nigeria by lolafaj: 2:08pm On Aug 14, 2012
I am a Nigerian living in the USA and looking to move back home. I am 28 years old, have my MBA in Strategic Management and a BS in Accounting all from the USA. I have worked in corporate America for about 6 years. My motivation to move back home is to get back into the Nigerian system before I get too old. I would like to gradually settle in - possibly find a job first and then eventually start my own business. I don’t want to be like Nigerians that have been in the USA for several decades and have nothing to show for it. I have not been home in 12 years mainly because my siblings are all outside the country and my dad comes to visit us.

I have a really young family: my husband is Nigerian and we have a 1 year old “baby”. I keep hearing Nigeria has changed, and that I should make more frequent trips home to start getting used to the system again. I am a citizen of the USA so shuttling between both countries should not be an issue in the future.

My question: should I stay in the USA, get my accounting certification and PHD before moving home. Or get a job in Nigeria and move home within the next year or two? I know getting a job in Nigeria could be a nightmare but hey…

Please help!

I love reading this forum.
Re: Moving Back To Nigeria by yamakuza: 2:59pm On Aug 14, 2012

(1)

The 8 Secrets Of Success / Can I Join These Professional Bodies Without Being Employed? / Oil & Gas Safety Council (OGSC) HAZOP Leader & Method Certification Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.