Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,123 members, 7,807,401 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! (18914 Views)

Nairaland Did Not Do Well. They Rejected My Advert / What Nairaland Did To Me / How Did Spammers Get Our E-Mail Addresses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by fittty(m): 10:55am On Aug 15, 2012
Brainrex:

Nonsense
No Do you know what a "Forum Moderator" means

Only the administrator has access to your personal data and not even your password

una go wake up early morning dey talk shit.

Wait till it happens to you then you'll be shocked as hell
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by gabriel74: 11:08am On Aug 15, 2012
I sent i million dollars yeahhhhhhhh i don die ooo
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by r231(m): 11:25am On Aug 15, 2012
fittty:

Dude moderators dont have access to nobody's email or password
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Booty4me: 11:39am On Aug 15, 2012
fittty:

no wonder that dicktator sexkilz hav been spamming my inbox lately
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Dimples316(f): 11:44am On Aug 15, 2012
ONCE AGAIN PROVIDE US (NL USERS) WITH A DEACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT OPTION

I totally agree with the member (ooseven), who wrote this. Seun pls provide that option as quickly as possible, I have never been able to understand why you didn't make this an option in the first place, when long standing 'personal account' platforms like yahoo, gmail, facebook and linkedin all have the delete/deactivate your account option available.

Your style of operating NL seems very tyrannical to me, its like you are forcing a lifetime membership on users who would otherwise love to leave the forum and delete every trace of themselves. I particularly would like to get off NL and have been told the only option is to stop loggin in,or change my password to one I can't remeber THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Because the latter option of changing password hasn't helped.

Don't know what your reasons are for not providing the deactivate option, but I suspect you want to keep the numbers growing. Quality is not found in numbers.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Obinoscopy(m): 12:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
Booty4me: no wonder that dicktator sexkilz hav been spamming my inbox lately

Interesting! And what has he been spamming you with? undecided undecided
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Seun(m): 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2012
Your email address is never exposed on NL2. Moderators and super-moderators can't get your email address.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by megxo(m): 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2012
HEAD UPS......... wink
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by megxo(m): 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
Seun: Your email address is never exposed on NL2. Moderators and super-moderators can't get your email address.
WOR DO WE CALL EM. SUPER SONIC MODERATORS??
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 15, 2012
acidtalk:

You are so CORRECT!!!
My No1 SUSPECT is that useless and hopeless GAY boy called SEXKILLZ (the moderator of Romance).
I have continuosly WARNED Seun to distance himself from that useless fellow. I believe he has ulterior motives on this forum and part of it to to run Seun's business down.

That gay boy (Sexkillz) is so demonic in nature.
I don't blame you. . . The ignorance in your DNA is to be faulted. It is people like you that will live in a desert, someone comes along, packages desert sand and offers to sell to you at a very high price. . . And you buy.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 15, 2012
Booty4me: no wonder that dicktator sexkilz hav been spamming my inbox lately
Another ignorant doofus. How the hell do these "things" gain internet access?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by onatisi(m): 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dimples 316: ONCE AGAIN PROVIDE US (NL USERS) WITH A DEACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT OPTION

I totally agree with the member (ooseven), who wrote this. Seun pls provide that option as quickly as possible, I have never been able to understand why you didn't make this an option in the first place, when long standing 'personal account' platforms like yahoo, gmail, facebook and linkedin all have the delete/deactivate your account option available.

Your style of operating NL seems very tyrannical to me, its like you are forcing a lifetime membership on users who would otherwise love to leave the forum and delete every trace of themselves. I particularly would like to get off NL and have been told the only option is to stop loggin in,or change my password to one I can't remeber THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Because the latter option of changing password hasn't helped.

Don't know what your reasons are for not providing the deactivate option, but I suspect you want to keep the numbers growing. Quality is not found in numbers.
seun has never given a reason for not prvidong a deactivation button and that silence from him on that question is highly disturbing

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Dondbuzor: 12:42pm On Aug 15, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
oMG!! Seun are you serious?!

I already sent $3000 to my Liberty account. Will NL refund my money? Seun, how do I get my money back from you?
U don see dat kind money for ur life before?
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by BioToure(m): 12:45pm On Aug 15, 2012
We thank u 4 protecting our interest.God bless u.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by mavinc4u(f): 12:45pm On Aug 15, 2012
fittty: BeWARE!!!!!!! Guys I'll advise u all not to use your general password and real email when registering with any nigerian website. Whether nairaland or any land. The moderators have access to your email and password and that's where hacking starts from. Some people act right and innocent just to gain trust to be a moderator but deep down have d intention of collecting peoples data and personal inormation. And when they eventually become moderators they secretly go logging into members personal details such as yahoomail and possibly online banking details cos they. Have your password that u use generally. I'm talking from experience. I met a hacker online who told me how they work. I hope the dubious moderators that are here on nairaland don't hide my post cos its d truth....... Member pls Be warned!!!!!!!!!

you are absolutely correct,it is called reconnaissance which gives birth to social engineering.hackers go as far as getting job in a company just to retrieve information from a company's system not that they are interested in your job offer.real hackers attack for fun or do it because a company annoys them or brags over their security but Nigerians do their own for the love of money and i guess Nigerian hackers are Grey hackers,biting and blowing you at the same time.kai if una get liver make una go hack mint house or cbn na there the money dey no bi nairaland.oops hope i didn't annoy any group with this. Hahahahaa but is true. No offence.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by MrWhy1(m): 12:52pm On Aug 15, 2012
fulfillment2020: Now i know that most NL's are ignorant of Cyberworld which they all claimed to be good at. People should STOP accusing Seun or any Mod of hacking or sending out unsolicited emails to the users. Nairaland email was only cloned or spoofed with the help of a webmail or email server to target members of this forum. Its no biggy, this is the hand work or scammers/spammers and not hackers. People that are shouting "hackers" do you ppl actually know the work/activities of hack lords? Lets stop this name calling and adhere to advice and awareness of the Mods.......Remain bless all.

Guy talk what you know. How would the DNS allow someoneelse the same right to register or use the same webmail as the original owner of the domain name ?

Its either the web Host has been hacked or this is just merely a publicity stunt.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 15, 2012
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by MrWhy1(m): 12:58pm On Aug 15, 2012
2sexy:
Thank God that this came up. The truth is no one is save here because the mods in the business section has some suspicous and weird attitude to forum post.

They would allow good post to be hidden and the fraudulent ones are visible.

When one alparifx scammed member of this forum, I wrote a thread about wanting to educate people about on business so that they could learn and also be able to avoid scam. But what did the mod do? He moved that thread from business section to advert sect. What can you make of this?

The only mod whom I can say is very much alert is Justwise.

You are right. The business section is dead and buried.

Justwise dictorial and I too know attitude is not helping matters on the travel section.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by biggzman: 12:59pm On Aug 15, 2012
Thiz is ma prblm with 9aija website,they dnt update their security.mr seun,u beta do somtyn abt thiz so that it will nt cccure agn.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by MrWhy1(m): 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2012
sayso: Seun,my honest suggestion is to re-elect new mods for each forum.Let members elect who will moderate their forums,because there are some mods that are way out of line in NL.
Pls make sure this thread stays on FP for at least two weeks to allow many members to view it.

I concur
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by MrWhy1(m): 1:14pm On Aug 15, 2012
acidtalk: See the Idi*otic criminally minded moderators have started hiding post that is exposing them.

It is so obvious these TRAITORS are behind all the scam on this forum.

SEUN WATCH YOUR BACK because this boys will auction nairaland in jankara market right in your presence.

They are already auctioning it by running the site down. It is just a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by denzel2009: 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dimples 316: ONCE AGAIN PROVIDE US (NL USERS) WITH A DEACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT OPTION

Stop comparing nairaland to yahoo and facebook. This is a forum for information dissemination and not storage. If he allows you to deactivate and delete all your traces, most of the threads on this forum will be useless cos it would appear people are responding to non-existent posts.

If you desire to leave, just log off and never log in anymore.

Seun has just done what reputable organisations do when malicious emails are sent through their systems to intimate their customers of such incidents.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
Mr--Why:

They are already auctioning it by running the site down. It is just a matter of time.
And another one. . .
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by MrWhy1(m): 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
HQ: There's supposed to be some way to prevent anyone from sending email using "email@nairaland.com" when the email is not coming from NL Servers.

Can't remember where I saw that.

Any Ideas?

The web host of this forum is the one to blame or perhaps there is something the Owner is not telling us.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by MrWhy1(m): 1:27pm On Aug 15, 2012
sexkillz: And another one. . .

You phucking dunce ! What are you so paranoid about ?
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 15, 2012
Mr--Why:

You phucking dunce ! What are you so paranoid about ?
Your ignorance. . . It's saddening.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by MrWhy1(m): 1:30pm On Aug 15, 2012

The owner of this forum should heed to this lady and introduce the Deactivation button OR.......

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by kandiikane(m): 1:35pm On Aug 15, 2012
cyril83: empty barrel

Aye, just because I lost £80 I fit get this insult?

I'm human oo, not a spambot. I have feelings. cry
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by kandiikane(m): 1:41pm On Aug 15, 2012
What the hell is wrong with you guys?

If you feel like your security is at risk because you were stup!d enough to click on a link which obviously looks like a scam, then you should simply just log off and never come back again.

Na who hold una?

Fricking complainers.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Decryptor(m): 1:49pm On Aug 15, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Go to "Google Search engine". Type "Treasure map". The map will show you an "X-mark the spot" destination. Before you start on your journey, log out of NL and never reply again. Namaste! May the God of Dubloon be with you.
I guess you typed this to get some undue attention...reason why the likes of you shouldnt be taken seriously. a primary school kid wouldn't even type this crap here *SMH*

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by Orikinla(m): 1:51pm On Aug 15, 2012
ArQueBusieR: Thanks for the heads-up.

Don't forget the romance scam mails too by senders claiming to have seen profiles on Nairaland.
Re: Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! by kandiikane(m): 1:53pm On Aug 15, 2012
^get a sense of humour and take that wood out of your nyash. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fatal Truck Accident In Ibadan, Woman Killed, Two Others Injured / >> Nairaland Oldbies Meet Here 2006-2009 Section / Stop Giving Beggars Small, Dirty Money - Alfa Chemistry Tells Nigerians (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.