Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? (10731 Views)

Is A Car A Necessity? / Help! Car A/c Only Chills Mornings & Evenings / Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by str8talk1: 4:25am On Aug 15, 2012
A statemen+ credited to Gov. Fashola of Lagos state on Channels TV dat having a car is a sign of prosperity. Though taken aback by such comment,i felt i need to convinced dat he(Gov. BRF) is wrong. so NLers wat do u think?
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Icon4s(m): 6:47am On Aug 15, 2012
What type & year model of car ar u talkin abt? Can u say some1 hustling with a 1945 Volkswagen beetle shows prosperity. And can u say Some1 that purchases a 2012 Range Rover HSE sports with other cars parked in his garage doesn't show sign of prosperity?

2 Likes

Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by jude33084(m): 9:45am On Aug 15, 2012
--

1 Like

Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 15, 2012
Many are working for their car and not their car working for them.

5 Likes

Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by KINGwax(m): 9:48am On Aug 15, 2012
What is prosperity? Is it not a sign of having something to spend regularly and gradualy increasing in wealth(my dico)?
Even if someone bought a beetle, i'm sure he uses his money. Let's pray cashflow continues and he can buy a toyota next 3months. Now, cos u bought a v8 bmw doesn't mean shit. U can go broke tomorrow and have to sell it to the 6months old beetle man.
Hence my assertion, yes it is. Cos if u don't have, u can't buy. Let's jes hope the cash inflow continues.

3 Likes

Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by swtchicgurl: 9:48am On Aug 15, 2012
--

1 Like

Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Moukafoam(f): 9:50am On Aug 15, 2012
--
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by locust01(m): 9:51am On Aug 15, 2012
Having a car is not a sign of prosperity from where i come from but u being able 2 have a house of your own. Car is just a secondary.

5 Likes

Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Moukafoam(f): 9:53am On Aug 15, 2012
--
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by chardino(m): 9:54am On Aug 15, 2012
na for only Nigeria were buying of car na sign of prosperity........... poverty no good o
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by swtchicgurl: 9:54am On Aug 15, 2012
--
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Freiburger(m): 9:55am On Aug 15, 2012
@ topic, no it is not.
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by jude33084(m): 9:56am On Aug 15, 2012
--
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by swtchicgurl: 10:00am On Aug 15, 2012
--
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:00am On Aug 15, 2012
YES!!!

Especially if you are driving a 2013 Jaguar XF sedan.

Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Nazcoj(m): 10:02am On Aug 15, 2012
KINGwax: What is prosperity? Is it not a sign of having something to spend regularly and gradualy increasing in wealth(my dico)?
Even if someone bought a beetle, i'm sure he uses his money. Let's pray cashflow continues and he can buy a toyota next 3months. Now, cos u bought a v8 bmw doesn't mean shit. U can go broke tomorrow and have to sell it to the 6months old beetle man.
Hence my assertion, yes it is. Cos if u don't have, u can't buy. Let's jes hope the cash inflow continues.

mind u dt buying a beetle and spending most of ur tym @d mechanic is nt properity
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Freiburger(m): 10:06am On Aug 15, 2012
Okija_juju:
YES!!!

Especially if you are driving a 2013 Jaguar XF sedan.

who cares?
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 15, 2012
Absolute Yes if you live in Nigeria. And our women are not helping matters at all as they see a guy with a nice car as being prosperous.
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by abhosts(m): 10:13am On Aug 15, 2012
It depends on the type of car and the Payment Method used in purchasing it. If someone shells out 15m Naira in cash for a car, that person is surely prosperous.
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by waja(m): 10:13am On Aug 15, 2012
Buying a car as at when due, is progress, if otherwise, it's retrogress.

3 Likes

Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by gabriel74: 10:14am On Aug 15, 2012
I know of someone who has a jeep and does not have a house but leave with a friend and mostly sleep in his jeep when the room is congested..I think this is a Drwabacksperity

2 Likes

Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Freiburger(m): 10:14am On Aug 15, 2012
waja: Buying a car as at when due, is progress, if otherwise, it's retrogress.
10Likes.

1 Like

Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:16am On Aug 15, 2012
Freiburger:
who cares?

HEY SHUUUSH!!!!

I made you look... grin grin grin

Thats how you know hes rich, because you looked.
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 15, 2012
Buying a car or two is necessity and not a sign of prosperity. Building a house is not even a sign of prosperity unless you built a mansion or drive a bently.

1 Like

Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Freiburger(m): 10:23am On Aug 15, 2012
Okija_juju:

HEY SHUUUSH!!!!

I made you look... grin grin grin

Thats how you know hes rich, because you looked.
You should know by now that i'm not that type that get turned on with things like that. grin grin
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:26am On Aug 15, 2012
okpara ugo: Buying a car or two is necessity and not a sign of prosperity. Building a house is not even a sign of prosperity unless you built a mansion or drive a bently.
So what you are trying to say is the properity can be read from the type of car abi?!!

Poor man no dey drive Next year jaguar this year...

Freiburger:
You should know by now that i'm not that type that get turned on with things like that. grin grin

Then you havent seen a Maybach up close... Bros, Money good o!!
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 15, 2012
Freiburger:
who cares?
You just killed me. grin
But it all depends....Acar can be an asset as well as a liability.
@Topic, hell no.. Driving a fancy car isn't a sign of prosperity..Fashola needs to be taught some basic financial principles.

1 Like

Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by favvyE(f): 10:28am On Aug 15, 2012
for the fact that one is able to get a car does not show any sign of prosperity at all...for goodness sake...do u understand what it means to be prosperous?... [i][/i]
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 15, 2012
The fact that a car is a liability and a depreciable asset doesnt mean it's not a property.If you can acquire one like every other property you own,then it means you are progessing.

If there is no money,will people think of buying cars ? If people are now buying cars,then a revolution from the old ways has occurred which means progress.
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Freiburger(m): 10:36am On Aug 15, 2012
Okija_juju:

Then you havent seen a Maybach up close... Bros, Money good o!!

Now i can understand why some group of people will do anything even rituals just to have some of the crumbs from the vanity.
Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 15, 2012
favvyE: for the fact that one is able to get a car does not show any sign of prosperity at all...for goodness sake...do u understand what it means to be prosperous?... [i][/i]

What does it take to be prosperous without you linking it to money,property and other valuable possessions ? Car is a valuable possession !

1 Like

Re: Is Having A Car A Sign Of Prosperity? by 76Naira(m): 10:43am On Aug 15, 2012
That would depend on the lifestyle and type of car.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Ways To Identify A Lagos-based Danfo Driver / Photos: How To Drive A Manual Car 15 Steps / NEW PLATE NUMBER.. How Much Did You Pay For It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.