Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

What Age Should A Boy/girl Be Referred To As An Adult? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Age Should A Boy/girl Be Referred To As An Adult? (930 Views)

He Did Something An Adult Wouldn't Do / Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? / At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Age Should A Boy/girl Be Referred To As An Adult? by MariaGoretti: 4:31am On Aug 15, 2012
In Nigeria today, a lot of conflicts have erupted concerning this. Many, at age range of 15 and above, have had serious clashes with their parents concerning their lifestyle, decison-makings,etc. Some parents, do not beleive that their children, if left alone, can make the right decisions for themselves. So they took it upon themselves to rule their children's lives. They choose everything- courses to study, whom to marry, churches to attend, etc. At least, i know that once a child gets to 18yrs in US, he/she is automatically tagged an adult and is responsible for all actions. I mean, hw can parents still rule in their childrens' marriage, makin all decisions for them? Does that mean that their children are not competent enough? Or they havent gotten to the age as to be referred to as an adult? I need your views on this please...
Re: What Age Should A Boy/girl Be Referred To As An Adult? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 15, 2012
In my opinion, the *child becomes an adult once (s)he secures admission into the university.

The moment the parent(s) *realise and *accept this, then every other thing would fall into place. cheesy
Re: What Age Should A Boy/girl Be Referred To As An Adult? by engrtee(f): 5:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
The day he becomes independnt. Has his own acomdation,make his own money

(1) (Reply)

7 Things You Must Discuss With Your Children As A Parent / Why The Chibok Girls Might Sympathize With Boko Haram / 'my Wife Of 15 Years Told Me Our Three Sons Don't Belong To Me'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.