Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) (17018 Views)

Embarrassing Way Some Nigerians Boarded An Aircraft Today / Nembe, Bonny, Bille Jetties in PH, ; An Embarrassing Eyesore. Pictures. / Your Most Embarrassing Moment At The US Embassy, Abuja/Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by justwise(m): 7:50am On Aug 15, 2012
Top 10 ‘most embarrassing or unfortunate’ UK place names

1 Shitterton (Dorset)

2 Scratchy Bottom (Dorset)

3 Brokenwind (Aberdeenshire)

4 Crapstone (Devon)

5 Golden Balls (Oxfordshire)

6 Ugley (Essex)

7 Crackpot (North Yorkshire)

8 Backside (Aberdeenshire)

9 Great Snoring (Norfolk)

10 Happy Bottom (Dorset)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/shitterton-most-embarrassing-place-name-1261430
Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by queensmith: 9:16am On Aug 15, 2012
lol- bhet why?

1 Like

Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by justwise(m): 9:30am On Aug 15, 2012
queensmith: lol- bhet why?

Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by henrychubayo: 12:49pm On Aug 15, 2012
Justwise, i think you need to
open a thread here about
student visa application in
australia. I have not seen it here
before and so i guess it does not
exit here though its very
important as that of canada, us
and uk. But if we do have it here,
please just page me the thread
web address. Or permit me to
open it if we don't have it here.
Remember its AUSTRALIA
STUDENT VISA APPLICATION just
like we have for other countries.
I guess i may need it soon.
Thanks man. You are doing great
job.
Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by Centinno01: 1:54pm On Aug 15, 2012
What is our own here,av we finishd living in nigeria u de talk of uk,the poster is nt well
Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by Moukafoam(f): 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2012
You want tell us say you are in jand abi? undecided
Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by ODB2: 2:04pm On Aug 15, 2012
so how did this "ghetto guide in England" post make frontpage?
Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by miteolu(m): 2:05pm On Aug 15, 2012
Embarrassing in UK? finest in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by Afam4eva(m): 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2012
Why is Peckam not on that list?

4 Likes

Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by princemmab(m): 2:08pm On Aug 15, 2012
queensmith: lol- bhet why?
U live there?
Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by MrNigeria2(m): 2:08pm On Aug 15, 2012
this post is smiled :Dthis post is smiled
Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by princemmab(m): 2:09pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva: Why is Peckam not on that list?
Were u born there
Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by hammedkola(m): 2:11pm On Aug 15, 2012
justwise: Top 10 ‘most embarrassing or unfortunate’ UK place names

9 Great Snoring (Norfolk)

10 Happy Bottom (Dorset)

Is it that they snore here and have an happy bottom? grin grin
Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by Sagytarius(m): 2:17pm On Aug 15, 2012
u dey find shymmex mouth abi? hhaha. lets go there?
Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by OgidiOlu3(m): 2:18pm On Aug 15, 2012
@op. It's quite funny jare, don't mind dem haterz but i think this should be in jokes section.
Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by IleIfe2(m): 2:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
[size=15pt]10 Downing street.[/size] grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
Embarrassing here doesn't mean dey are slums - just funny names. Stop getting all worked up bout the thread - jes 4 fun.
Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by Afam4eva(m): 2:27pm On Aug 15, 2012
Sagytarius:
u dey find shymmex mouth abi? hhaha. lets go there?
How you take know? grin lol
Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by Player01(m): 2:31pm On Aug 15, 2012
For real, as in those are REAL, actual names or just nicks?
Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
Hehe I never knew there was any place in UK worth living was "embarrassing" but for the naija Ajegunle should be no1 nah... embarassed
Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by tunapawizzy: 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2012
lipsrsealed
Ile-Ife:
[size=15pt]10 Downing street.[/size] grin grin grin grin grin
na u sabi something pass
Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by MrWhy1(m): 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2012
Moukafoam: You want tell us say you are in jand abi? undecided

In Jand living in one of the worst places and always told to go back to Africa!!!
Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by tozinla: 2:54pm On Aug 15, 2012
How about a place in wales called RAM'S BOTTOM even white dudes living there are embarrased.

1 Like

Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by pyyxxaro: 3:09pm On Aug 15, 2012
okokomaiko ville[[b]mushin[/b]shire............. tongue undecided close to 9ja embassy
Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by drzed: 3:18pm On Aug 15, 2012

Why would peckham be on the list? Simply because of the plenty Naija people that have colonised the place?

The list is compiled based on the embarrassing meaning of the towns' names. If you read the list again (thoughtfully, this time around) then you'd realise that names like "Brokenwind" = Fart... Now THAT is embarrassingly funny!

Also "Happy Bottom" is quite a funny name for a town. Are people's backsides always in good spirits in that place, abi why dem give am dat kind name?

Dorset no dey carry last sha grin

1 Like

Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by muffins99(f): 3:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
@justwise.... eya, sorry!

Most nigerias dont appreciate information that isn't about making money, politics, cars or relationships. I've often wanted to post wierd facts on NL but there isn't a special section for it.

Here's one- 99% people can not lick their elbows but 85% of the people who read this will try!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by 2fyn: 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2012
Why nt d most embarrassing places to live in Lagos,that one wl b more educating.
Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by felifeli: 3:27pm On Aug 15, 2012

If I lived in UK I will be embarrassed to find myself living in Peckham . Even black people are afraid to visit Peckham - morning, afternoon or night. grin grin grin
Re: The Most Embarrassing Places To Live In The UK (just For A Laugh) by Guapo(m): 3:33pm On Aug 15, 2012
Our dear God installed the 'sense of humour' application in our brains, but its obvious some of us have deleted it. undecided
I had a good laugh with the 'happybottom' name. cheesy
nice one JustWise wink

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tanker Explosion In Anambra Kills Many, Destroys Vehicles, 7 Buildings And Shops / LCC To Commence Tolling On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge On April 1st. / Nigerians Stuck In Dubai/ Overstayed Take Advantage Of This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.