Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? (19330 Views)

She Left Him After 2yrs Of Courtship / Reasons Why Years Of Courtship Never Lead To Marriage? / After Years of Courtship, She's Getting Married To Another Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 15, 2012
The length or time period before marriage has been seen lately as key in any relationship with future family building plans because it helps partners to understand each other better. It has as well Been seen as necessary and unimportant by many. While some think it should always take a short period and others may think it is suppose to go on for 5 years or even more before marriage. What's your thoughts. How long do you think it should go on before marriage?
Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 15, 2012
Lolzzz. Your username! Bhaha! But I think it should take 2 years maximum and 5 months minimum

4 Likes

Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 15, 2012
Blugreen: Lolzzz. Your username! Bhaha! But I think it should take 2 years maximum and 5 months minimum
2yrs shouldn't b the maximum time. in my opinion, a minimum of 5months and a maximum of when the parties are ready to get married is ok.

2 Likes

Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by toske248: 5:45pm On Oct 15, 2012
As for me, d minimum should be 6mth and maximum should when d both parties think they are ready or mature for marriage. Because marriage is not what someone can just rush into so as not to rush out.

2 Likes

Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 15, 2012
there is no right time frame.. that is something you cant put a number on.. it just happens when it happens.. some couples it may take longer then others. for instance some people are together 4 or 5 years before they get engaged
Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by claremont(m): 6:25pm On Oct 15, 2012
What's the point of plucking figures from the air?! There hasn't been any proof that the length of time courtship takes plays any role whatsoever in the longevity of the relationship.

1 Like

Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 15, 2012
^^^ true but he knows that. He's just asking for an ideal time. op from 2 weeks to 2 years. Anything longer than that means the guy is gay angry
Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by free2ryhme: 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2012
Una be fool: The length or time period before marriage has been seen lately as key in any relationship with future family building plans because it helps partners to understand each other better. It has as well Been seen as necessary and unimportant by many. While some think it should always take a short period and others may think it is suppose to go on for 5 years or even more before marriage. What's your thoughts. How long do you think it should go on before marriage?

i beg to disagree entirely with your arguement on length of courtship as key in a relationship... there is no where in the bible that is was expressly stated or implied that length of courtship is key to successful marriage but rather the fear of God shld be foremost in your relationship. Isaac, Moses, Abraham, Joshua, etc nvr courted but they had a successful marriage .. dis is not to say that there were no issues but that they manage their situations as they continue in their marriage. I know people who nvr dated but got married and they are doing fine and managing their issues as they go along ...

4 Likes

Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by UmericanGirl(f): 9:10pm On Oct 15, 2012
9 mos minimum. 2 years maximum. You are wasting your time if you invest many years in a relationship with no intentions of marrying your partner.

1 Like

Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 15, 2012
Varies for everyone.
Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 16, 2012
As long as u both are not ready to get married
Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 16, 2012
joeydozzy: op from 2 weeks to 2 years. Anything longer than that means the guy is gay angry
gay? Damn,this is the lamest comment ever

1 Like

Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by 190theclown: 12:06am On Oct 16, 2012
i dated my oyinbo for 3days before marrying her angry angry
Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 16, 2012
binger: gay? Damn,this is the lamest comment ever

it was a meant to be a joke. You just killed it for me smh

2 Likes

Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by vivianc(f): 12:44am On Oct 16, 2012
6 months minimum till whenever we are both ready to say "I do."

1 Like

Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by agb2011(f): 9:14am On Oct 16, 2012
People shuld knw d diff btwn dating and courtship. Why go into courtship wen u are nt ready 4 marriage?
I think 6mths to 2yrs is enough 4 courtship.
Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by djeezy(m): 11:58am On Oct 16, 2012
toske248: As for me, d minimum should be 6mth and maximum should when d both parties think they are ready or mature for marriage. Because marriage is not what someone can just rush into so as not to rush out.
I agree with you. But I think it differs individually. If both partners deem it fit †̥̥o̲̣̥ have known each other well †̥̥o̲̣̥ tie the knot, then they can g o ahead. No fixed number of months or years.
Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 16, 2012
190-the-clown:
i dated my oyinbo for 3days before marrying her angry angry

hmmmm what am i thinking?
Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 16, 2012
~vicky~:
there is no right time frame.. that is something you cant put a number on.. it just happens when it happens.. some couples it may take longer then others. for instance some people are together 4 or 5 years before they get engaged
abi o!
Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 16, 2012
~vicky~:

hmmmm what am i thinking?
Green Card things... grin grin We know them.
Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 16, 2012
Zeddicus:
Green Card things... grin grin We know them.

grin grin grin that dude is a sharp somebori cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 16, 2012
There is no limit to this thing, choice is yours.
For me, I have four years left to my Marriage date (God willing). So, my current relationship would last at least 3 years before engagement. If for some reason we break up before the postulated four years, it automatically shortens the courtship time for the next one.
So, to each his own. Too many generalizing questions on here these days. angry
Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by megxo(m): 12:08pm On Oct 16, 2012
IDEAL LENGHT>>>>>>>>>>FOREVER!!!!!!!!!! angry
Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by safarigirl(f): 12:08pm On Oct 16, 2012
Blugreen: Lolzzz. Your username! Bhaha! But I think it should take 2 years maximum and 5 months minimum
Agreed. Generally though, you have to take into consideration that two month old courtships have lasted longer than two year courtships in marriage.

Truth is, the amount of time spent in courtship, does not translate to a successful marriage, as time goes, you will learn new things about your partner, so even marriage in it's self is like courtship, new things will emerge. The ability of one to accept the faults and misgivings from their partner and forgive them is what makes a successful marriage, not how long we've spent suffocating each other with our presence

1 Like

Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2012
~vicky~:

grin grin grin that dude is a sharp somebori cheesy
I dey tell you! cheesy cheesy
Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by YuzedoII: 12:09pm On Oct 16, 2012
Tell she drop the punny! undecided
Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by DeGenius3(m): 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
splendidb20:
2yrs shouldn't b the maximum time. in my opinion, a minimum of 5months and a maximum of when the parties are ready to get married is ok.

i agree with you.

a minimum of 5 months and a maximum of when the partners want to get married.
Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by Milito: 12:22pm On Oct 16, 2012
[b][/b]So when does dating actually translates to courtship? cos understanding when courtship actually starts will assist in the assigning of a time frame.
Different people, communities, religions, families, etc hv their own different ideas of wht courtship is & whn it starts.

Well I'v once attended a particular church prog & d church maintained tht courtship only starts when the guys has proposed.
Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by slimming: 12:26pm On Oct 16, 2012
It depends on individual, but the most important is the ability to ascertain each other well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ideal Length Of Courtship Before Marriage? by pastorprosper(m): 12:27pm On Oct 16, 2012
Courtship is foréver. D truth is courtship never ends. Its last a whole life time. If its purpose is getting to know ur intended partner, then u wld agree that I am correct.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wanna Quit Masturbation? Let's Do It Together / Memes That Will Make Your Day / Fans React After Discovering Former P0rnstar Is Now A Homeless Drug Addict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.