Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / . (7152 Views)

Download Abuja Map, Lagos Island Map, 1999 Constitution And More / Complete N Updated Map Of Nigeria Needed For My Garmin Gps Navigator / Digital Map Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by arsenal4va(m): 11:57am On Dec 23, 2007
Re: . by omonoba: 2:45pm On Dec 23, 2007
i have a Garmin GPSmap 296 for sale.I can be reached on 0803-350-1067 or bfyusuff@yahoo.com

Re: . by arsenal4va(m): 9:25am On Dec 24, 2007
Re: . by omonoba: 9:16am On Jan 03, 2008
Re: . by oldie(m): 11:48am On Jan 03, 2008
@ omonoba
Does it have an in-built Nigerian terrain map?
If no, can you get the one with an in-built Nigerian terrain map and the cost?
Re: . by omonoba: 7:52pm On Jan 05, 2008
Thats an optional feature u have to buy.u can order it over the internet.Its in form of a cartridge.
Re: . by tipsy289(m): 6:47am On Jan 11, 2008
It sulks that u have a GPS in Nigeria cos unfortunately there is no good satelite image of nigeria, Trust me ur GPS is not goin to tell you street names or anything like that,
Re: . by oldie(m): 9:08am On Jan 11, 2008
tipsy289:

It sulks that u have a GPS in Nigeria because unfortunately there is no good satelite image of nigeria, Trust me your GPS is not goin to tell you street names or anything like that,

You must be very ignorant about what a gps does!
Pls don't jump into topics you are clueless about
For your info, I have very good digital map of Nigeria
I also have digital street maps of Nigeria
BTW I stay here in Lagos
Re: . by arsenal4va(m): 9:20am On Jan 11, 2008
Re: . by oldie(m): 11:22am On Jan 11, 2008
@arsenal4va
I got the digital map as a package with  Radio link planning systems.
And the digital street maps with the Arcview system.
These are professional job-specific integrated packages and they cost over $5,000

You can contact omonoba for the single package and he has what you want
Re: . by rolands(m): 10:44pm On Jan 12, 2008
GARMIN now has Nigerian Streetmaps and high resolution satellite imagery you can use in Nigeria (Lagos, Abuja and PH for now). This can work on your i-phones and car navigational GPS. The project started since 2005 in Nigeria. My former company worked on this project. If you need a unit, or the attached Nigerian streemaps please contact me. It's not free please.

Re: . by ricki: 2:26am On Jan 13, 2008
rolands:

GARMIN now has Nigerian Streetmaps and high resolution satellite imagery you can use in Nigeria (Lagos, Abuja and PH for now). This can work on your i-phones and car navigational GPS. The project started since 2005 in Nigeria. My former company worked on this project. If you need a unit, or the attached Nigerian streemaps please contact me. It's not free please.

i have been hearing a lot bullsh.t regarding satnav( street level maps and stuff) in nigeria, some people says it exit, but up till now i have seen nothing, roland you said it is not free ok , how much does it cost and where can i get it, please no bullshit please.
Re: . by arsenal4va(m): 11:20am On Jan 13, 2008
Re: . by oldie(m): 12:07pm On Jan 13, 2008
Check:
http://www.techshop.co.za/ProductInfo.aspx?ItemId=722

Nigeria Street Maps, Topo & Rec Version 2 R 2,052.00

I do not know if they have local reps/dealers
Re: . by ricki: 4:18pm On Jan 13, 2008
i am not talking about MapSource oldie, cause you don't go to shop in uk to go buy mapsource. you can download that crap on the web anyway.
Re: . by texazzpete(m): 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2008
The problem with many Nigerians is that they have little grasp of hi-tech.
People here want to sell GPS maps of Nigeria to understandably sceptical Nigerians. The best solution is to simply record a youtube clip of the GPS system in action navigating round lagos/Abuja/PH.
Scans are too easily faked with photoshop
Re: . by tipsy289(m): 12:14am On Jan 14, 2008
@ oldie
it's been a while since i left naija so who knows shit has changed, but gps, dude i know what it does.
Re: . by rolands(m): 12:33pm On Jan 14, 2008
Nigeria Streetmaps, Topo and Rec v2 includes comprehensive street level data for Lagos and Abuja (PH is ongoing)and a routable regional road network for Nigeria. Forest areas and 100m contours have also been incorporated. Data for this previously unmapped country allows you to plan routes and navigate to destinations within Nigeria easily and accurately, both on a national level and within the Lagos and Abuja city extents.

It is a CD of 156MB files(but I have a download link for the whole filles on the CD). I can send anybody interested the donload link, all you have to do is to register with the serial number of your GPS unit online at Garmin's website.The screen shot attached shows the content of the CD. For the price, send me an email and I will give you a discount price.
Regards

Re: . by ricki: 11:32pm On Jan 14, 2008
rolands:

Nigeria Streetmaps, Topo and Rec v2 includes comprehensive street level data for Lagos and Abuja (PH is ongoing)and a routable regional road network for Nigeria. Forest areas and 100m contours have also been incorporated. Data for this previously unmapped country allows you to plan routes and navigate to destinations within Nigeria easily and accurately, both on a national level and within the Lagos and Abuja city extents.

It is a CD of 156MB files(but I have a download link for the whole filles on the CD). I can send anybody interested the donload link, all you have to do is to register with the serial number of your GPS unit online at Garmin's website.The screen shot attached shows the content of the CD. For the price, send me an email and I will give you a discount price.
Regards

okay sweet talking,
My Address is fiftypence50@yahoo.co.uk     -  i will be waiting
Re: . by labiyemmy(m): 8:48pm On Mar 03, 2008
buy from us - www.ceaser-web. com

http://www.ceaser-web.com/garminmaps/

we have the most comprehensive compilation of street level Garmin GPS maps of Nigeria - we are 100% Nigerian and we are not South African -

Ours do come cheaper.

email us at info@3dtechnologies.org
Re: . by ricki: 5:54pm On Mar 04, 2008
how much is it then, and can ppl buy the darm thing.
Re: . by arsenal4va(m): 10:24am On Apr 18, 2008
Re: . by viperman: 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2008
Hi guys,

I need the GPS device with nigerian road maps.
Please if you have them contact me IMMEDIATELY via : lexfrosty @ yahoo.com
Re: . by ricki: 5:12pm On Apr 18, 2008
this guy that is shouting about the sat nav for niga, i think he/she must have drank something that he/she supposed to bath with, 'cause everytime you ask question he/she sending bullsshit cut and paste crap.  Alabi pasuma or what's your name is? are you for real at all.
Re: . by labiyemmy(m): 5:57pm On Aug 04, 2008
ricki:

this guy that is shouting about the sat nav for niga, i think he/she must have drank something that he/she supposed to bath with, 'cause everytime you ask question he/she sending bullsshit cut and paste crap. Alabi pasuma or what's your name is? are you for real at all.

Go online to www.ceaser-web. com

Why do you abuse someone just because he did something you can only dream about?
Re: . by jameshaloo: 1:57am On Dec 10, 2008
hi,I have the nigeria street map,if anybody need ,please contact us msn:digitalmap123@hotmail.com
Re: . by lucem: 8:45am On Apr 06, 2009
Ok, this is fairly straightforward:

Yes - GPS systems work in Nigeria

Yes - They are now available in Nigeria

Yes - I have used them for 2 years now, particularly on the Garmin Nuvi Series

Yes - They work perfectly fine especially in Lagos and Abuja - from personal experience

No - they are not expensive - N40,000 only for the Garmin Nuvi 200, completely loaded with Nigeria maps - detailed street level for Lagos and Abuja, and interstate highways for everywhere else. Or N44,000 for the Garmin Nuvi 350 which has a built in mp3 player and SD card slot for your music or N55,000 for the Garmin Nuvi 360 which has bluetooth so you can drive and use the unit as a handsfree unit for your phone at the same time.

Yes - you can purchase one - Units come preloaded from South Africa - you can order from SA direct and wait forever for a unit and pay for DHL, OR

Yes - you may puchase one from us :-) 08077833808 - call or text and we'll deliver to you anywhere in Lagos within 24hrs - cash on delivery. For large orders (more than 5 units) please give us 10 days notice to deliver.

Thanks!

Short mp4 videos of a Garmin Nuvi GPS Unit in use in Lagos here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/218035551/Garmin_-_Alfred_Rewane_to_Raymond_Njoku.mp4

http://rapidshare.com/files/218035552/Garmin_-_Raymond_Njoku_2.mp4

http://rapidshare.com/files/218035553/Garmin_-_AP_Petrol_Station.mp4

http://rapidshare.com/files/218035555/Garmin_-_Apapa.mp4

http://rapidshare.com/files/218035554/Garmin_-_Lagos_to_Kano.mp4
Re: . by Saddam: 12:49am On Jan 27, 2012

Re: . by drafrican: 1:03pm On Nov 07, 2015
I will review mr alabi's maps with utmost sincerity
Lemme know if you guys are interested

(1) (Reply)

Introducing: The NEW Imose Gidi 5" Android Smartphone With 7 Days Batte / Bulk sales on Samsung Galaxy S21 5G / Latest Brand New Laptops For Clearance Sales In Computer Village Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.