Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) (10795 Views)

Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) / Need A Telecom Mast Construction Engineer / Maintaining And Managing Telecoms Mast Is Good Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by DonTim1: 11:23am On Aug 15, 2012
just looking outside my office window i saw this folks doing their thing and only one thought came to mind "hope the pay equals the risk?"

Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 15, 2012
Yeah! people do it. I work for a Telecoms company and our Riggers are always ready to climb the company's Base Station Mast when necessary.
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by Walexz02(m): 11:40am On Aug 15, 2012
shocked shocked
Its a 9ce job if u wel traind and abide by d rules of d job.grin
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by DonTim1: 11:42am On Aug 15, 2012
@kunle,does d pay equate d job risk,compensation in case of accidents? hw r dis persons trained / recruited. curious??
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 15, 2012
Don Tim: @kunle,does d pay equate d job risk,compensation in case of accidents? hw r dis persons trained / recruited. curious??
Yeah! The pay is equivalent to the job, therefore, if you work with a nice company, you know what I mean? As part of their benefits are Life insurance, frequent safety guild training, Kits, among others... And mind you, it's a profession on it's own. smiley

1 Like

Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by DonTim1: 11:57am On Aug 15, 2012
thanks for the enlightenment kunle, u really did explain it well.

1 Like

Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by bengunsman(m): 1:10pm On Aug 15, 2012
Don Tim: @kunle,does d pay equate d job risk,compensation in case of accidents? hw r dis persons trained / recruited. curious??
the job risk is even nothing compared to a slodier or police @ a checkpoint waiting for a suicide bomber that will shatter him to bits, how much do u think their families are paid? That's if they even get to gather the pieces of flesh.

1 Like

Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by Afam4eva(m): 1:15pm On Aug 15, 2012
No matter the amount involved, i won't do such a job. Armed robbery stands a better chance of being my profession than climbing that high.
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva: No matter the amount involved, i won't do such a job. Armed robbery stands a better chance of being my profession than climbing that high.
lol
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by DonTim1: 2:46pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam, very funny,for me I cld want to climb dat high for adventure sake,but as a job? mbanu!
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by segunjowo(m): 3:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
I like the job. Its fun.
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by Exponental(m): 3:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
Of couse, I can.
The safety kits involve include body harness, safety boot and helmet.
Body harness is a rope-jacket which a climber wears. He is to fasten d hook b4 he moves his body. This he does all through d climbing process n also while working. Paraventure he slips, d harness grabs him. He might call 4 help or sort himself out.
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by honeycandy(f): 4:46pm On Aug 15, 2012
My boyfriend does this kinda job. And he earns above 300k monthly. Do you think this amount is ok for this kinda job? I saw his pay slip one time. Even as a female, I won't mind the job shaa oo
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by ismhab(m): 4:52pm On Aug 15, 2012
YES.
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by Achieverbaba: 4:53pm On Aug 15, 2012
Well sadly i know of someone who's a rigger and his take home monthly is not up to 35k
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by unwanaabasi(m): 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2012
cool d pay is alwes ok, am even looking 4such job i did Elect/Elect telecom option so i can do it
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by Boller: 5:03pm On Aug 15, 2012
Don't mind kunletiwoo and honey candy. Because this guys are kitted means that they earn better? And how many Riggers earn as big as 300k per month in Nigeria? Am also a telecom engr. I know some Riggers that earn as little as 50k per month and i have a lot of Riggers looking for job right now even if it's 120k per month. Riggers abroad per height and earn better than radio installer equivalent to radio engr. In Nigeria. No Rigger earn better than technician in Nigeria. Your boyfriend that earn 300k must be working for Cheviron not Shell because am an insider.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 15, 2012
Most of these riggers i see in port-harcourt and its environs dont even use the safety harness or anyother safety protective equipment.
They just mount the mast and start climbing.

Telecommunication company should always try to enforce the use of these safety harness when doing this kinda jobs just like what you have in the oil sector.

As for the pay, i dont think they earn more than 50k ( you cant earn more than 150k and climb that height without safety belt).

1 Like

Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by kamuzu(m): 5:06pm On Aug 15, 2012
The pay is indeed good. The real issues to contend with on the job is most riggers are not safety conscious as they do not border about wearing body harness. This unfortunately has led to a few mishaps resulting to loss of life. any rigger who earns 35k on this job/month must be a trainee rigger and should not claim to be a rigger.
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by rodeo0070(m): 5:11pm On Aug 15, 2012
honeycandy: My boyfriend does this kinda job. And he earns above 300k monthly. Do you think this amount is ok for this kinda job? I saw his pay slip one time. Even as a female, I won't mind the job shaa oo

Many people do far more for less...
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 15, 2012
i cant do it...............i hate height,dats why i dont f.u.ck my wife,lying above her.i am scared of height

1 Like

Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by Afam4eva(m): 5:12pm On Aug 15, 2012
Yomieluv: i cant do it...............i hate height,dats why i dont f.u.ck my wife,lying above her.i am scared of height
lol grin
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by DExplorer1: 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva: No matter the amount involved, i won't do such a job. Armed robbery stands a better chance of being my profession than climbing that high.
Afam, those guys are experts and they're many in the business.

@OP: In my opinion, they're not well paid.
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 15, 2012
Boller: Don't mind kunletiwoo and honey candy. Because this guys are kitted means that they earn better? And how many Riggers earn as big as 300k per month in Nigeria? Am also a telecom engr. I know some Riggers that earn as little as 50k per month and i have a lot of Riggers looking for job right now even if it's 120k per month. Riggers abroad per height and earn better than radio installer equivalent to radio engr. In Nigeria. No Rigger earn better than technician in Nigeria. Your boyfriend that earn 300k must be working for Cheviron not Shell because am an insider.
From my comments above, did you see me mention a particular amount of money riggers earn? We know people like you.
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by wandeay: 5:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
those in my area dont wear any safety anything, @times, they will climb the Glo mast without slippers, talkles of boots, b4 an eyeblink, they've gotten to the top, i can do it provided it pays well, 300k ain't bad, but, i will always wear the safety kits, i value my life
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by DExplorer1: 5:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
honeycandy: My boyfriend does this kinda job. And he earns above 300k monthly. Do you think this amount is ok for this kinda job? I saw his pay slip one time. Even as a female, I won't mind the job shaa oo
It's better you read and not comment than for you to present absolute fallacy. Installers earn less only if they're sub-contractors they can earn better. And among the installers we have the riggers and they either earn per site or monthly which is btw 50-100,000 depending on the company.
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by Konnektions146(m): 5:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
personally i ve never tried it though i dont think its not achievable for me.

just had some riggers come work for me and in de kinda environment i work, if yu dont have the necessary PPE, yu wont be allowed to embark on working on such heights.
but i noticed dat those guys dat do the job enjoys it...i dont know abt de pay equivalent to risk stuff
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by sirsilentwalker: 5:37pm On Aug 15, 2012
we can do that, you have a job for us?(A firm)
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by Panshow(m): 5:42pm On Aug 15, 2012
There's an abandoned NITEL mast close to my house, i use to climb it for adventure. It's very interesting. Just try it one day & see.
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by sammily(m): 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2012
I use to work for a telecom BTS site build firm and know a lot of riggers, I can tell U̶̲̥̅̊ that the riggers in my company take less than 100k per month. As for safety equipment, most of this guys don't use any even when the company provides for them. Sadly I am also of the̶̲̥̅̊ habit of climbing mast without safety equipment, though I was not a rigger, I sometimes need to climb to check the work done.

I also want to point out that apart from the actual rigging of the tower (which is quite difficult and requires trained riggers with experience), climbing the tower to the top is not as difficult as at seems, just be fit and don't be afraid of heights, dats all.

1 Like

Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by DExplorer1: 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2012
Panshow: There's an abandoned NITEL mast close to my house, i use to climb it for adventure. It's very interesting. Just try it one day & see.
grin grin
Re: Can You Do Mast Installation/Repair Job? ( Pic) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:50pm On Aug 15, 2012
Huh! Dat tin s scary.
I m a graphic artist, anytime I m doing a plastic lettered address on a high building, I alwez ask God 4 d 4gvness of my sins not 2 talk of climbing a mast. Huh! I cant say 4now. Mayb wen d tym comes & I see d money & oda benefits. Huh!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fcmb Bank Aptitude Test / JOB VACANCIES FOR QA/QC/ PIPING/ NDT WELDING /COATING INSPECTORS / Nimc Customer Care Officer Position Applicants Lets Keep In Touch Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.