Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

Uk Vs Australia (or Canada) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Vs Australia (or Canada) (4524 Views)

USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? / Australia Or Belarus Which Is Best To Go On Working Visa / Australia Or New Zealand Student Visa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Vs Australia (or Canada) by Obalende: 4:34pm On Dec 23, 2007
Hi guys,

I have in recent days come to detest UK and now really want out (after spending 4 years here). I have come to see UK as a short term money making place (GBP) and not a place for bring up my kids.

So calling ALL Nigerians around the world. How does the UK compare with Australia and Canada?
Re: Uk Vs Australia (or Canada) by paribus(m): 5:12pm On Dec 23, 2007
@Obalende

Obviously having been in the UK for 4 years, you must have had some significant experience to leave you with this impression. It would be great if you are able to share some of these experience while seeking to know how it's like compared with other places. I am here myself on pg studies and yet to make up my mind on if i want to settle here on a long term basis. Regards
Re: Uk Vs Australia (or Canada) by Obalende: 8:11pm On Dec 23, 2007
well, no bad experiences per say,

my decision is based on my best bet extrapolation of current trends to the future. the current happenings in the UK will most likely lead to chaos and social breakdown in the near future - especially as UK has surrendered all power (or should I say 90% power) to Brussels and the signing of the Treaty of Lisbon is an event of significant importance.
Re: Uk Vs Australia (or Canada) by babasin(m): 8:36pm On Dec 23, 2007
and what happens if Australia and Canada also submit to one form of treaty or another?

No place like HOME. time to start thinking.
Re: Uk Vs Australia (or Canada) by rexfx2: 9:48pm On Dec 23, 2007
babasin:

and what happens if Australia and Canada also submit to one form of treaty or another?

No place like HOME. time to start thinking.

Home,
Re: Uk Vs Australia (or Canada) by babakura(m): 10:19am On Dec 26, 2007
Guy, na true yarn , say Ile ni abo sinmi oko( no matter where u waka reach , home is restin place or final destination)

If u don't like the UK any longer ,Australia is good cos I was opportuned to study there n enjoyed myself so as Canada cos my brother is there n he speaks highly of the place,

Both countries are immigrant countries , laid back not much pressure as Uk, economy is booming n they are one of the best places to live on planet earth,
So it's up to u to choose ,

These are my views n may differ
Cheers
Season's Greetings
Re: Uk Vs Australia (or Canada) by barbosa1(m): 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2007
Basically, i'd say canada will be a better proposition. Let me tell you why i said so, The UK geographically is a small "region", and unfortunately happens to be an "EU MEMBER STATE". This means that sooner than later, the UK will be flooded by EU migrants from other not too STABLE/BUOYANT EU economies. Such countries include Poland, Hungary, Romania and so on,

Looking at Canada, this is a country that has been rated as the safest place to live in the world (it isn't heaven really but its stable). The economy i would not say is developed; but its developing, and that is where you come in because in terms of land mass Canada arguably should be about the largest country in the world.

Even about twice the size of the USA, but unfortunately the Canadian population (about 32 million, thanks to various immigration schemes being sponsored by the canadian government) does not do justice to the opportunities inherent in the country. There are some provinces in canada where the population is just about 100, 000.

The point i am trying to make is that Canadians are not cool with their population, they want to be bigger because thats the only way they can grow to become a mega-country. The standard of living is fantastic, and that's the only country in the world where illegals are giving a "free-rein". Just think of Canada as a much more conservative version of the USA.

I hope this has been a little bit helpful.

P.S - I know little about Australia, so i can't talk about it.
Re: Uk Vs Australia (or Canada) by Ezinwannem: 6:19am On Dec 28, 2007
@Barbosa said it all, am in Canada and not regreting it
Re: Uk Vs Australia (or Canada) by Obalende: 1:47pm On Jan 01, 2008
@Ezinwannem and barbosa1

you have said it all really.

The xenophobia in the air is getting too much in this place!

I have vowed to leave UK for any other country within the next 24 months.

The place is the country with the most rude and robotic people in the world (but nice economy though).
Re: Uk Vs Australia (or Canada) by tipsy289(m): 8:06am On Jan 28, 2008
i'm in canada and like the other guy said,they need people here, but u might want to avoid Toronto,Vancouver and Montreal.Most immigrants go to that area and they really need to spread everyone about.If ur a british citizen,it will be quite easy for you to come here and live as we are a commonwealth country.
About australia,might be the same.
Re: Uk Vs Australia (or Canada) by Goshen360(m): 7:50pm On Jan 28, 2008
really, i havent been to canada but i love the country based on my study over the internet alongside with their immigration application all over the world, they need people to over and must be friendly for now.

hope this helps
Re: Uk Vs Australia (or Canada) by canlor: 12:13am On Apr 11, 2011
I wish to inquire if anybody on the forum who graduated from a nigerian university have had their skills assessed before.
ie sending your degree certificate and transcripts for assessment prior to filling in your state sponsorship request for either the 176 or 475 visa category.
how is the process like,i have been told that graduates from nigeria rarely do not get positive response from skills/education assessment body.
how true is it?
what and what do i need to do to ensure i am positively assessed.
looking forward to hearing from you guys

cheers.

(1) (Reply)

Re: Genuine Reason For Uk Visiting Visa / I Got A Job In UK, Now This! / I Need Your Help On Getting To Abule Egba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.