Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? (4176 Views)

What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by John311: 2:53pm On Aug 15, 2012
I married my husband in December 2010 and moved into a four bedroom duplex he owns but shares with other members of his family. My husband's mother, sister and brother lives with us. They've been living with him long before I married him but after I moved in he promised me he would eventually get them their own place. It's been over one year and a half now and they are all still living with us. It is not like they give me any problems but I want my own space, my own home. I've tried to get my husband to ask them to leave but he hasn't done anything about it. He's too attached to them and it's making married life very difficult for me. How do I get my in-laws to leave my house? Should I confront them since my husband has refused to do himself? Please help!

http://lindaikeji..com/2012/08/dear-lib-readers-how-do-i-get-my-in.html
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 15, 2012
John311: I married my husband in December 2010 and moved into a four bedroom duplex he owns but shares with other members of his family. My husband's mother, sister and brother lives with us. They've been living with him long before I married him but after I moved in he promised me he would eventually get them their own place. It's been over one year and a half now and they are all still living with us. It is not like they give me any problems but I want my own space, my own home. I've tried to get my husband to ask them to leave but he hasn't done anything about it. He's too attached to them and it's making married life very difficult for me. How do I get my in-laws to leave my house? Should I confront them since my husband has refused to do himself? Please help!

If you confront them then be ready for trouble!

You have laid your bed, now please lie on it comfortably.

You should have ensured and fought for your privacy before marriage not now!

Please you have to endure and constantly reminding your husband about it and praying about it!

If you confront them you don enter one chance!
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by Kobojunkie: 4:55pm On Aug 15, 2012
I honestly don't think you can do anything about it. You knew of the arrangement before you moved in. So I don't think you will be sensible in trying to make them homeless simply because you suddenly realized you could do with some space.

I think ot is up to your husband to decide what next for both of you really.
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2012
John311: I married my husband in December 2010 and moved into a four bedroom duplex he owns but shares with other members of his family. My husband's mother, sister and brother lives with us. They've been living with him long before I married him but after I moved in he promised me he would eventually get them their own place. It's been over one year and a half now and they are all still living with us. It is not like they give me any problems but I want my own space, my own home. I've tried to get my husband to ask them to leave but he hasn't done anything about it. He's too attached to them and it's making married life very difficult for me. How do I get my in-laws to leave my house? Should I confront them since my husband has refused to do himself? Please help!

Why don't you have some patience as you work on this with your hubby together. . .

You met them there but NOW it is YOUR house and you have every RIGHT to demand for what you want. . .

Still you do not have to be selfish. Consider your hubby's state of mind on the issue and his financial bouyancy to relocate them to another befitting house. . .sit down with your husband and draw out the plans and most importantly, work towards it with patience.

It not impossible to make them move out peacefully but you have to do all you can to do it the soft way.
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 15, 2012
Kobojunkie: I honestly don't think you can do anything about it. You knew of the arrangement before you moved in. So I don't think you will be sensible in trying to make them homeless simply because you suddenly realized you could do with some space.

I think ot is up to your husband to decide what next for both of you really.

Left to the hubby. . .he would do absolutely NOTHING about the situation.
He's a married man now and some things definitely have to change even if it takes the wife to point it out!
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by Kobojunkie: 5:35pm On Aug 15, 2012
breezy047:

Left to the hubby. . .he would do absolutely NOTHING about the situation.
He's a married man now and some things definitely have to change even if it takes the wife to point it out!

Well, again, he lived with them BEFORE he decided to get married, I am assuming. He didn't see fit to change the situation when he finally got married. I think the time to have FORCED the change was before the marriage. Now that she is in, she cannot now FORCE a change. She has to speak to her husband, and both make arranges for them to move or for the relatives to move elsewhere. Either case, she should not be the one in front on this as it might back fire.
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by bayulll01(m): 5:53pm On Aug 15, 2012
the op is just a pathetic eediot you want his family to leave!!smh for 9ja babes his parent was with him before you married him,they surferd together in times of tribulations and pains now when the deal is done you want to send them packing!!my advice you had better be kind to them or you will be the one that will be kickd out of the apartment by them you will know that blood is thicker than water

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by vanitty: 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2012
OK understandable, new wife, you want space etc, just one teeny weeny question, his family that have been living with him before you married him, have you or your husband made any other arrangement for where they would go?

I am presuming they have no place to live hence living with you or do you just want your husband to render his family homeless? Iyawo and this sense of entitlement we usually have, so because you are his wife, he should forget about his family just because you want your own space.
When the wife have her own sons, she will appreciate this.

Just remember one thing, you met them in there not the other way round, the house was more or less a family house and you were silly enough to agree with this arrangement, even if it was for a short while prior to marriage!
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Well, again, he lived with them BEFORE he decided to get married, I am assuming. He didn't see fit to change the situation when he finally got married. I think the time to have FORCED the change was before the marriage. Now that she is in, she cannot now FORCE a change. She has to speak to her husband, and both make arranges for them to move or for the relatives to move elsewhere. Either case, she should not be the one in front on this as it might back fire.

We are saying the same thing then. . .
She presents her case befere the husband, and he will be the one to execute it with his people. . .

I must say though that she has got herself into some hot thingy cuz it will never be an easy task to make the family move. The husband will be strongly reluctant even if a very clear plan is drawn before him. . .
But with care and understanding, it can be achieved and that's if the wife is patient enough.

Anywayz OP does not strike across to me as someone that can have that patience. She will need a lot of it.
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 15, 2012
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by EfemenaXY: 7:40pm On Aug 15, 2012

Point of correction: It's not YOUR house. It's THEIR HOME. A family home that was there long before you set foot there. How can you even think of asking a man to throw his family out? His mum, sister and brother? How do you think that would make you look?

You obviously walked into a ready-made home and now you want to take what doesn't belong to you? This is akin to "reaping where you haven't sown". Did you invest a Kobo of your money into building that house? Thank your lucky stars that your in-laws are cordial to you, because you obviously aren't to them.

By the way, where is your husband's father? You say your husband owns the home but you only make mention of his mum and siblings. I suspect the home you call your husband's was actually built by his father, and on his death was passed on to your husband - by virtue of him being the oldest son. Now if this is the case, that home really belongs to his family and is a family home.

If anything at all, speak to your husband about you two moving into a smaller, cheaper form of accommodation. Unless of course, you think that is beneath you? And if that's the case, then you're no better than a money-grabbing-b[i]i[/i]tch.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by jhydebaba(m): 8:10pm On Aug 15, 2012
So this was your plan all along? Can you just imagine my unfaithful wife, the people you want to eject from "your home" do you know their individual contribution in building the place you now refer to as "your home"? I remembered how my family stood by me when I was building the house even offering assistance in the process. My dear wife, where were you then? You are nothing but an ungrateful gold digging housewife, thank goodness you confessed that my family is not giving you problems.
So, what exactly did you want? Get me to send my family parking, kill me and inherit my properties?
If you know what is good for you, don't bother to come home this night, open another thread and ask NLDers to apologize on your behalf.
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by EfemenaXY: 8:13pm On Aug 15, 2012
^^ Are you the husband in question here? shocked shocked shocked

Yawa don burst! grin grin grin
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by obowunmi(m): 9:12pm On Aug 15, 2012
Husband has created his comfort zone with his family.....you cannot get him out of that comfort zone. You should hv done this before marriage.

Manage yourself.
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by RealBitch(f): 9:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
A man and woman shall leave their respective homes and become one. D apron wink string has to be chopped off but being aggressive won't get ur husband to ur side which is d most important thing.give ur husband crazy sex,be his bestfriend and fufil his every fantasy which I'm assuming you know,then when you're solidly in his GϑϑD̶̲̥̅ books, tell him ur needs.a bit of blackmail won't hurt either
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by safeact(m): 9:42pm On Aug 15, 2012

They are not giving u probs and yet u want them out of d house that they have been before they married you!!!!If u so much need some space, y dont u build ur own house? Am sorry to say dis, ur type are the ones that cant afford even a mud thatched house @ ur family house! I feel lik slapping d hell out of ur brain.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by taryour(f): 9:56pm On Aug 15, 2012
jhydebaba: So this was your plan all along? Can you just imagine my unfaithful wife, the people you want to eject from "your home" do you know their individual contribution in building the place you now refer to as "your home"? I remembered how my family stood by me when I was building the house even offering assistance in the process. My dear wife, where were you then? You are nothing but an ungrateful gold digging housewife, thank goodness you confessed that my family is not giving you problems.
So, what exactly did you want? Get me to send my family parking, kill me and inherit my properties?
If you know what is good for you, don't bother to come home this night, open another thread and ask NLDers to apologize on your behalf.

are u kidding me?? OMG this as got to be a joke or some sort of a prank.... If this aint a joke... Op u are finished... As in u are in deep real s. H . I. I .t
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 15, 2012

You want to throw you husband family member out of the house why? You are a very wicked woman . family destroyer go and get a life nonsense
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 15, 2012
It is actually their home, you are the one who came later. You married a ready made man, if you want wahala then start talking about chasing them away or giving them attitude. What was your contribution to building the duplex? I am all for being partners in marriage but you cannot come into a house you didnt build and want to throw his parents out. My Husband and i started in a rented Government House, when it was time for sale of houses, we sold jewelry, then shares were still valuable, we even sold my old car to raise initial payment, now that i can call our home. You dont meet a ready made man who you didnt struggle with and want to push your weight around, if you marry a ready made man then you have to diplomatically ask for everything or else you risk being washed down by husband and family members.
Jejerly find a way to live with them till the owner of the house decides otherwise.
Sorry for being so blunt

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 15, 2012

You want to throw you husband family member out of the house why? You are a very wicked woman . family destroyer go and get a life nonsense
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by safeact(m): 10:22pm On Aug 15, 2012
This thread is still disturbing me! Iam boiling inside for dis stupid gold digger that calls herself a wife. Imagine, d husband must be so gentle to have kept quite @ you. U can go and rent an apartment else where, there, u can have some space. I pity ur husband.
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 16, 2012
See her mouth like confront. Who dey marry all these primary two school leavers? Nonsense! Very annoying post. She knew all along he was staying with family, she still went and chook her head inside just to be Mrs. Somebody, now she wants to disturb everyone's peace.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 16, 2012
Anyway, who are these people that can still live with their parents as old as they are? The 'love' in the family must be on another level. Nonsense! You come and marry wife put on top? Seems some people are just nutcases.
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by blank(f): 8:59am On Aug 16, 2012
jhydebaba: So this was your plan all along? Can you just imagine my unfaithful wife, the people you want to eject from "your home" do you know their individual contribution in building the place you now refer to as "your home"? I remembered how my family stood by me when I was building the house even offering assistance in the process. My dear wife, where were you then? You are nothing but an ungrateful gold digging housewife, thank goodness you confessed that my family is not giving you problems.

Abeg, go to Lindaikeji's blog and post this. The person in question (your wife) is not a nairalander. Btw, i don't believe you are the husband.
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by EfemenaXY: 9:33am On Aug 16, 2012
^^ Lol! cheesy
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 16, 2012
blank:

Abeg, go to Lindaikeji's blog and post this. The person in question (your wife) is not a nairalander. Btw, i don't believe you are the husband.

Same here. I know this is a small world but come onnnn undecided
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 16, 2012
It really is a small world . . . If only we knew!
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by safeact(m): 10:10am On Aug 16, 2012

I dnt understand! Why is op using male name and now, dis one is posing as d husband yet with female Id. I wonder who is deceiving who here?
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 16, 2012
@ poster nairalanders have said everytin id wanted to say n trust me,dats d best advice,ill advise u to execute what theyve told u,by d way u sound selfish and insensitive,u want ur mother inlaw,bro inlaw n sis inlaw out of d house just because u moved in,i mean,what kind of nonesense is dat.do u want dem to liv under d bridge just because u want to do me and my husby thingy.infact ure at d advantaged position for dem stayin wit u,ull get to bond wit dem well,just give dem respect,make dem get endeared to u n deyll love u because its like u have a competitive spirit. Again is it 24hrs ull c dem,wont u go to work,nawa for u o.if i was ur sis inlaw n i heard somtin like dis,u sef wa gba pe ile oko,ile eko ni,i will teach u d yoruba way,spoilt little iyawo.den again if u wanted to do me n my husband,y dint u n ur husby make provision 4 dem bfor u moved in,3rdly did u make any financial contribution or investment in d house dat u r dictatin like its ur fathers house,4hly wont u also b a mother one day,will u like ur son throwin u out for a younger gal afta she has invested her life,tym,money n everytin to make sure d boy is marriageable.bfor u do some thinks,think of posterity abeg,ure so annoying n irritating
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2012
@ poster nairalanders have said everytin id wanted to say n trust me,dats d best advice,ill advise u to execute what theyve told u,by d way u sound selfish and insensitive,u want ur mother inlaw,bro inlaw n sis inlaw out of d house just because u moved in,i mean,what kind of nonesense is dat.do u want dem to liv under d bridge just because u want to do me and my husby thingy.infact ure at d advantaged position for dem stayin wit u,ull get to bond wit dem well,just give dem respect,make dem get endeared to u n deyll love u because its like u have a competitive spirit. Again is it 24hrs ull c dem,wont u go to work,nawa for u o.if i was ur sis inlaw n i heard somtin like dis,u sef wa gba pe ile oko,ile eko ni,i will teach u d yoruba way,spoilt little iyawo.den again if u wanted to do me n my husband,y dint u n ur husby make provision 4 dem bfor u moved in,3rdly did u make any financial contribution or investment in d house dat u r dictatin like its ur fathers house,4hly wont u also b a mother one day,will u like ur son throwin u out for a younger gal afta she has invested her life,tym,money n everytin to make sure d boy is marriageable.bfor u do some thinks,think of posterity abeg,ure so annoying n irritating
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On Aug 16, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Point of correction: It's not YOUR house. It's THEIR HOME. A family home that was there long before you set foot there. How can you even think of asking a man to throw his family out? His mum, sister and brother? How do you think that would make you look?

You obviously walked into a ready-made home and now you want to take what doesn't belong to you? This is akin to "reaping where you haven't sown". Did you invest a Kobo of your money into building that house? Thank your lucky stars that your in-laws are cordial to you, because you obviously aren't to them.

By the way, where is your husband's father? You say your husband owns the home but you only make mention of his mum and siblings. I suspect the home you call your husband's was actually built by his father, and on his death was passed on to your husband - by virtue of him being the oldest son. Now if this is the case, that home really belongs to his family and is a family home.

If anything at all, speak to your husband about you two moving into a smaller, cheaper form of accommodation. Unless of course, you think that is beneath you? And if that's the case, then you're no better than a money-grabbing-b[i]i[/i]tch.

Ef can i marry you because of this comment?

i dont mind being a part time husband sef. but I must marry you
Re: How Do I Get My In-laws Out Of My Home? by dayokanu(m): 5:47pm On Aug 16, 2012
Did you know how the house came to be?

Do you know if they contributed to building it in anyway and you want to kick them out of their sweat?

OP what did you contribute to building this house that you want to spread legs and enjoy?

What you should do is get your own money and go get a house for you and your husband and leave the family in their house

You need space? See her mouth like a cows V@gina. Cant you go and look for space on 3rd mainland bridge or for makoko

Shioor

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

thank you every one......... / How Could You Live With A Nagging Wife Or Troublesome Husband? / Apetamin Weight Gain, Butt And Hip Enlargement Syrup @5000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.