Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,823 members, 7,802,630 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) (26563 Views)

Electric Pole Falls On Keke Napep In Ikeja Area, Lagos(photo) / Man Sitting On Nothing Seen In Ikeja (Shocking Photo) / This Man Got Knocked-down By A Moving Train In Lagos (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by begwong: 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
wetin carry the bus enter train rd
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Daunashamed(m): 4:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
and all the money the brother was hurrying to make would be hurriedly consumed by his hospital bill.

1 Like

Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by uglyBetty1(f): 4:35pm On Aug 15, 2012
May God help Lagosians and there haste to get to somewhere. See where it landed d driver. How I wished it was just him in dt bus. Stupid man.
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2012
the effect of telematch to outdo one another in picking passenger
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:41pm On Aug 15, 2012
avicky:
Re-read d topic. D driver didn't die.

So is it that I dont understand what FATALLY WOUNDED means again?!

Fatally wounded means death!! Google that shiit!!

1 Like

Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by ecolime(m): 4:44pm On Aug 15, 2012
I don't joke with rail-tracks whether a train is coming or not.
I'm so happy they are alive. Thank God.
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Ilaje44(m): 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2012
I just dont understand why it is difficult for a lot of people here to comprehend the term "fatally injured". As Okija RIGHTLY said, the 3 people DIED like in kpeme, kapput, gone with the wind etc. pp.
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Okijajuju1(m): 5:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
Ilaje44: I just dont understand why it is difficult for a lot of people here to comprehend the term "fatally injured". As Okija RIGHTLY said, the 3 people DIED like in kpeme, kapput, gone with the wind etc. pp.

My brother make I help you with more example.. The 3 People Pkoof!! Off!! Pkai!! Mud!! Delete!!! Erase!! pkafuka! Go see Obi!! Park final!! e.t.c
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by taharqa: 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2012
pDude: Fashola he dey working ooo
It is not Fashola trains dat re working but d Federal Govt NRC trains...d train sector is been revived across the coun3 afta very many yrs of been comatose
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by onuwaje(m): 5:13pm On Aug 15, 2012
Him get motor,him grin wan form sharp guy cross rail road, him no hear the horn? Abi him dey feel say him be james bond?
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Exponental(m): 5:15pm On Aug 15, 2012
only a fool will risk being on d rail at traffics or try to out smart the coming train.
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by dammytosh: 5:22pm On Aug 15, 2012
Pukkah:

Are you basing your judgement on the report here or some other one? In this instance, it was reported that the train was horning:

Same report you would have heard if sometin bad happened that day. undecided

What i am saying is that the irresponsible and useless Governments be it Federal or State should wake up to their responsibilities.

Roads are closed when a train is approaching a motorable road in an ideal environment.

If LASTMA arrest you on the rail for violating Road Rule, they will collect the money and credit State Purse yet we are quick to shout federal road or federal property.
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Reference(m): 5:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
Fatally or mortally wounded simply means dies as a result of injuries sustained. Means the fellow was not instantly killed but could have died anywhere between the scene and the morgue, quite frankly. The poster should clear this up.
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 15, 2012
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by SamMilla1(m): 6:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
never mess with a horning train
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 15, 2012
:oMy topic actually made frontpage, yeeeeeee grin grin
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by solayemi(m): 6:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
chatterly: shouldn't there be a functional railway crossing at that point or at least a railway official with a flag alerting pple of an approaching train like we had in the 70s and 80s?? a friend of mine almost got killed @ that point 8 years ago,there was no indication that a train was coming and he just looked to his right and saw a train approaching him,luckily he was not hurt but his car was written off.
. Ppl decide 2 disobey d officials most times, when d officials use force on them, they(ppl) start 2 abuse and fight d officials 4 delaying them. Ur friend wanted a cheap way 2 commite suicide, was he nt suppose 2 slow down while approaching a rail line. Even wtout d horn of d train d sound of d locomotive engine is enough 2 create awareness 4 d train. Probably ur friend was in haste 2 cross.
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by lacidi: 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2012
chaircover:

Fatally wounded means that the person is likely to die of his injuries.

Time for the Govt to cough up money for proper rail crossings and to educate people on the danger of trains. Silly I know, but some people actually need to be educated on this.

Education in this country has really gone from bad to terrible. Fatal injury means that the injury resulted in a fatality. This means that the person died as a result of the injury. Fatality means death. Once an injury is said to be fatal, it means the person is dead and NOT that the person could/may die.

I am not surprised by the fact that some posters still think that 'fatal' means serious. I have heard many people here in Nigeria describe serious/bad accidents as fatal accidents. A fatal accident simply means an accident with at least one fatality i.e. at least one person must have died from the accident before it can be described as fatal.
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by betrani(m): 7:10pm On Aug 15, 2012
dammytosh:
You can't blame the driver. I was on a rail one day and this train approached without horn or light. The train went behind me immediately after i crossed to the other side in the car.it was a very close one.

Nigeria is a place where nonsense happens. Where in the world will motorists not be stopped before any approaching train pass a motorable rail.
Are u so deaf? That even when it screaches on the tracks u don't hear? Na wah o!
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by firmcy(m): 7:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
Revolva: Hey I beg o make fashola finish the lagos badagry train route oo let's all dese locomotive train go to park -
olofofo....who tel u say na fashola dey buid am
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Yemak74: 7:36pm On Aug 15, 2012
Nigerians are natural hasters.... Anyway heaven and hell is real for those who want to go there hurriedly... A word is enough for a wise
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by greatgod2012(f): 7:54pm On Aug 15, 2012
dis's a lesson 4 all of us, let stop dis hurry-hurry lifestyle of ours, always remembering dt what will be will surely be.
@ victims, wish them speedy recovery.
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Boyoorisha: 8:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
Okija_juju:

The OP said the Driver and two passengers were FATALLY wounded...
Does fatally wounded mean death?
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by seguun(m): 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
One of the passengers (a woman) died this morning in the Surgical Emergency section of LASUTH. I witnessed it. So sad!
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by mrperfect(m): 8:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
This is really sad.
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Koikoi(m): 8:38pm On Aug 15, 2012
If that dude can face a train, imagine what would happen when he faces another car on the road. just imagin it!
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by 3direct: 11:01pm On Aug 15, 2012
Fatally or not the driver is suppose to die
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by texazzpete(m): 11:27pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva: ^^ Nobody died oo

Mumu. What do you think 'fatally wounded' means?
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Oyedey4u(m): 11:35pm On Aug 15, 2012
[/b]In house report we received from the guard on the train claims that a BRT bus had wanted to play THE FAST ONE while the J5 bus followed suit without actually knowing the distance of the on coming train from the level crossing. The BRT was successful with its attempt but the j5 made history and news.
On overspeeding as claimed by someone, the locomotives maximum speed being set for safety purpose is 45km/h any attempt by the driver to run more than this speed will force the loco's computer system to shut down.
The train can not stop because there is an adequate distance of 320m required to put such a long moving stock to a stop.
ON GETTING STUCKED, locomotives are not but to magnetize any object on it's path, it is FEAR that makes trespassers stop on the rail track and be crushed.
All level crossings are railway properties since 132 years ago, level crossings are meant to be paid for and people enlightened by the local government of the area.
HUSTLING AND HASTINESS our major problem, this even makes us see impending danger and want to still play the fast one game with it.

I am an I.T on internship at the NRC. [/b]
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by Oyedey4u(m): 11:36pm On Aug 15, 2012
[b]In house report we received from the guard on the train claims that a BRT bus had wanted to play THE FAST ONE while the J5 bus followed suit without actually knowing the distance of the on coming train from the level crossing. The BRT was successful with its attempt but the j5 made history and news.
On overspeeding as claimed by someone, the locomotives maximum speed being set for safety purpose is 45km/h any attempt by the driver to run more than this speed will force the loco's computer system to shut down.
The train can not stop because there is an adequate distance of 320m required to put such a long moving stock to a stop.
ON GETTING STUCKED, locomotives are not but to magnetize any object on it's path, it is FEAR that makes trespassers stop on the rail track and be crushed.
All level crossings are railway properties since 132 years ago, level crossings are meant to be paid for and people enlightened by the local government of the area.
HUSTLING AND HASTINESS our major problem, this even makes us see impending danger and want to still play the fast one game with it.

I am an I.T on internship at the NRC. [/b]
Re: Public Bus Crushed By Train In Ikeja (Pic) by mancheeutd(m): 11:56pm On Aug 15, 2012
fresh_dude: Whatever happened to ''better late than late''?
And whats the difference btw the 1st late and the 2nd late all na late... United rule

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Commits Suicide In Onitsha.(pictures) / Two EBSU Students Involved In A Ghastly Accident (Graphic Photos) / Values, Morals Or Beliefs Your Parents Instilled In You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.