Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,921 members, 7,802,990 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? (9634 Views)

See What Amaechi Did While The National Anthem Was Being Recited... / Nigerian Anthem Sang Before South-Africa's Anthem in Capetown / Nigerian Anthem Before American Anthem, Guests Tell Obaigbena, Thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Afam4eva(m): 4:47pm On Aug 15, 2012
For some reason, whenever the Nigerian anthem is being played i just don't feel anything. But whenever the US anthem is being played, it moves me. I get close to tears at times. Mind you i've never been to the US in my life. Why don't i feel anything when the national anthem of Nigeria is being played? Even the South African anthem moves me.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by 2mch(m): 4:50pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva: For some reason, whenever the Nigerian anthem is being played i just don't feel anything. But whenever the US anthem is being played, it moves me. I get close to tears at times. Mind you i've never been to the US in my life. Why don't i feel anything when the national anthem of Nigeria is being played? Even the South African anthem moves me.

LMAO! Why not ask for visa or refugee status? Why will it not move you. Long throat like you. You want better thing, but will rather spoil Nigeria than seek those things in Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva: For some reason, whenever the Nigerian anthem is being played i just don't feel anything. But whenever the US anthem is being played, it moves me. I get close to tears at times. Mind you i've never been to the US in my life. Why don't i feel anything when the national anthem of Nigeria is being played? Even the South African anthem moves me.

rantings of a low self esteem ant!! grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:03pm On Aug 15, 2012

Nwokem... Na American Visa & Greencard you dey find dey do you so... angry

E dey like one babe wey as soon as she open UK Visa application Website, she get Janded accent!!

We sabi una type!!

grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Kobojunkie: 5:05pm On Aug 15, 2012

[size=13pt]see akpuruka village boy they think say im fit be "Phantom" American!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Afam4eva(m): 5:06pm On Aug 15, 2012
Okija_juju:

Nwokem... Na American Visa & Greencard you dey find dey do you so... angry

E dey like one babe wey as soon as she open UK Visa application Website, she get Janded accent!!

We sabi una type!!

grin

I'm not like the guy that sand a song with which he was requesting for a visa. I'm serious.
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 15, 2012
na people like u go go dubai,return dey form british accent

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by coogar: 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2012

what a twät!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Afam4eva(m): 5:14pm On Aug 15, 2012
coogar:

what a Arrow!!!!
What an animal!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 15, 2012
I prefer Don Moen to Ayefele, am I American?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Afam4eva(m): 5:17pm On Aug 15, 2012
See the way the mods changed the title of my thread. If i change it now, i'll get banned. Rubbish.
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 15, 2012
@OP I get exactly what you mean. Mine's the Canadian anthem. grin
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by micklplus(m): 5:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
Afam Afam! You are now americanized even in your thought! LOL
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by coogar: 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva:
What an animal!!!

afam wants to be american by force...
print this page & send it to homeland security - you should get an
automatic american passport. forget about your stinking criminal record(it would be waived).

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by stagger: 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2012
Is America better than your father's village?

I am proudly Nigerian and I thank God for my parents who named us all with Nigerian names. According to my dad, you can never hear a white American answering Preye or Oluwaseun or Obinna. So why should I answer a foreign name, or even want to be associated with another country's anthem?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Rhino5dm: 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dude, what da fucck is wrong with you? The united state consulate don't issue visa to low life yahoo crooks like you. Get over yourelf, US is not meant for low lifers planning to go and become nuisance.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Afam4eva(m): 5:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
coogar:

afam wants to be american by force...
print this page ad send it to homeland security - you should get an
automatic american passport. forget about your stinking criminal record(it would be waived).
Is this how you got a visa to the UK? No wonder you defend that country with all your life. Your life without the UK can only be imagined in fiction. I just hope you did not take your criminal instincts with you to London.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by manny4life(m): 5:26pm On Aug 15, 2012

LOL.. Unfounded Patriotism. Seriously, can you sing the national anthem?
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Afam4eva(m): 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Dude, what da fucck is wrong with you? The united state consulate don't issue visa to low life yahoo crooks like you. Get over yourelf, US is not meant for low lifers planning to go and become nuisance.
How's your yahoo yahoo business doing? How many people did you dupe this week. More maga to your elbow sir.
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by freecocoa(f): 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2012
Afam nwanne bone that thing,you be proper okoro man,even if you chop burger\sandwich,form accent join sef from now to next year,e no go change anything,so you better start moving to the Nigerian Anthem,if e no move you,move yourself and whenever the American own wan move you,no gree just siddonn gidigba and you shall not be moved like a tree planted by the river Niger side.cheesy
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by chucky234(m): 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2012
Afam, Nna you don dey miss road small small oooo
The bad news be say even if you write the national anthem for your shirt go embassy,dem no go give you even one week visa.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Afam4eva(m): 5:27pm On Aug 15, 2012
manny4life:

LOL.. Unfounded Patriotism. Seriously, can you sing the national anthem?
I don't know the wordings but i know the rhythm. I even downloaded it to my laptop, lol.
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
The topic is soo funny grin
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Afam4eva(m): 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2012
freecocoa: Afam nwanne bone that thing,you be proper okoro man,even if you chop burger\sandwich,form accent join sef from now to next year,e no go change anything,so you better start moving to the Nigerian Anthem,if e no move you,move yourself and whenever the American own wan move you,no gree just siddonn gidigba and you shall not be moved like a tree planted by the river Niger side.cheesy
lol grin
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by manny4life(m): 5:29pm On Aug 15, 2012
American national anthem has serious meaning to it, I read the history about two weeks ago and how it was finally adopted in 1937 if I'm correct. Afam, I can feel you, but that doesn't make you an American. For you to be one, you got to work at it...
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by manny4life(m): 5:31pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva:
I don't know the wordings but i know the rhythm. I even downloaded it to my laptop, lol.

Nna, your foreign patriotism don't reach another level... this is risky grin grin grin grin grin

Bros, I feel you, just leave Naija first, the after your green card, two years later, you can then sing national anthem in your ceremony... grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by buzugee(m): 5:31pm On Aug 15, 2012
spend 4 years minimum in america and when next you hear that anthem, you will be angry. you must like vultures

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by madeinnigeria: 5:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
Whether you like or not you are made in nigeria cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by Afam4eva(m): 5:33pm On Aug 15, 2012
@manny4life I'm not working towards being an American. Nothing can change my Nigerianess. What i want to know is why and how the America anthem could have an effect on me and not the Nigerian anthem.
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by wandeay: 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
you have ur own decisions to make, its a personal decision, bsides, to be sincere, its not suppose to b on the front page

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by slimyem: 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
why is this thread not in the jokes section?
Re: Nigerian Anthem Vs American Anthem: Am I An American? by jmaine: 5:35pm On Aug 15, 2012

Na the new style to take get Visa be this . . . undecided

Bros Afam dey apply faith for him VISA hunting cheesy . . . .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Afenifere Slams Buhari Over Insensitivity To Soldiers’ Death / Sanwo-Olu Thanks Lagosians, Advocates Adherence To COVID-19 Protocols / Naira Marley's Court Trial Stalled Over Absence Of Prosecution Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.