Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,532 members, 7,801,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You (8067 Views)

Pagan9ja What Is Your Opinion Of These Sahelian songs / Questions For Pagan9ja / Answer To Pagan9ja Comment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by Fulaman198(m): 8:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
I am not a "tribalist" or "someone who is only for my ethnic group." I am a "traditionalist" aka someone who wants indigenous cultures to remain the same and have no outside influence from Western cultures. I think that is what you are. When you use the word "tribalist" it is almost like saying you care only for yourself and for your people.

For example, many cultures in West Africa and Africa in general have become or are becoming Westernized (Igbos, Yoruba, SOME Hausa (mainly Nigeria)), Kikuyus in Kenya, Bamakan/Bambara in Mali/Senegal, Lingala peoples of Congo/Rwanda etc.) I am for Africans not having any sort of Western influence whatsoever. In fact, when I see Westerners from Europe or the Americas going to study the various kinds of Fulani people (Tukulor, Wodaabe and other Mbororos, Jelgobe, Gowabe, Liptaako, Fulakunda, etc. etc.) I get very angry because often these Westerners are studying us as if we are lab rats.

They may think they are doing a good thing, but in reality, they are not. They are exposing our culture(s) to the Western world. More and more each day you are seeing Westerners going to ancient lands of Africa (like Timbuktu for Festival in the desert) or Agadez/Chad border to witness Wodaabe Gerewol. This makes our cultures more Westernized.

I can go on all day about this, but what I want you to do is to start calling yourself a "traditionalist" someone who is for the preservation of Traditional culture worldwide and not a "tribalist." It has a bad tone to it.
Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:39pm On Aug 15, 2012
Fula you misunderstand me. i said i am a Tribal not a tribalist arent tribalists those who try to pick up fights with other tribes anyways yes all what you said is valid but let me make one point clear.

I PAGAN 9JA consider it the highest crime as of assimilation. i am TOTALLY 100% against it because i believe that we as Tribals may do whatever we want, but it is our duty to first perform our tribal duties and social responsibilities, i.e., to continue the survival of our , should i unliterally use the word "species", we must:

- marry within our own people (not relatives).

- we must preserve and practice our traditions, cultures and religions.

- we must help our fellow tribespeople when in need.

- not only our people, we must form unity with all other tribes "IN THE WORLD", to protect, preserve and nurture our traditions because we are the original people as was meant to be prior to christianity, islam and monotheistic form of judaism.

only when we do the above, do we have scop of surviving into the next century. afetrall, we have certainly made it into the 21st century. as for the rest you said, i 100% agree with it.

and btw Traditionalist is a term used for those practicing traditional Pagan religion. i think we must invent a new term for this. undecided
Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:39pm On Aug 15, 2012
i am glad you cleared this out with me.
Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by MrsChima(f): 11:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
Traditional people wouldnt be using the internet nor computers.

Just saying.....

3 Likes

Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
^angryshut up you akata. go back to that akata thread i made for you so you can play with your friends there. we are not against progress and development. at the same time we are not against ourselves and our identity.

5 Likes

Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by Blyss: 11:42pm On Aug 15, 2012
Fulaman198: I am not a "tribalist" or "someone who is only for my ethnic group." I am a "traditionalist" aka someone who wants indigenous cultures to remain the same and have no outside influence from Western cultures. I think that is what you are. When you use the word "tribalist" it is almost like saying you care only for yourself and for your people.

For example, many cultures in West Africa and Africa in general have become or are becoming Westernized (Igbos, Yoruba, SOME Hausa (mainly Nigeria)), Kikuyus in Kenya, Bamakan/Bambara in Mali/Senegal, Lingala peoples of Congo/Rwanda etc.) I am for Africans not having any sort of Western influence whatsoever. In fact, when I see Westerners from Europe or the Americas going to study the various kinds of Fulani people (Tukulor, Wodaabe and other Mbororos, Jelgobe, Gowabe, Liptaako, Fulakunda, etc. etc.) I get very angry because often these Westerners are studying us as if we are lab rats.

They may think they are doing a good thing, but in reality, they are not. They are exposing our culture(s) to the Western world. More and more each day you are seeing Westerners going to ancient lands of Africa (like Timbuktu for Festival in the desert) or Agadez/Chad border to witness Wodaabe Gerewol. This makes our cultures more Westernized.

I can go on all day about this, but what I want you to do is to start calling yourself a "traditionalist" someone who is for the preservation of Traditional culture worldwide and not a "tribalist." It has a bad tone to it.

Then get your azz off that western designed and engineered computer you typed this up on.

2 Likes

Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:50pm On Aug 15, 2012
^NO WE CANNOT & WON'T. our traditional lifestyle has been messed up by the colonisers and we have reached a point of no return. today if we take a spear into the bush, we find hardly any animals left. how re we supposed tosurvive??!!!! no unless they put things right, we therefore are forced into accepting these new additions in order to survive in this world. it is our right.
you think we will just let them get away after stealing our resources and ruining our lives NEVER! angry

and anyways we are talking about indigenous matters .

1 Like

Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by Blyss: 12:13am On Aug 16, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
^NO WE CANNOT & WON'T. our traditional lifestyle has been messed up by the colonisers and we have reached a point of no return. today if we take a spear into the bush, we find hardly any animals left. how re we supposed tosurvive??!!!! no unless they put things right, we therefore are forced into accepting these new additions in order to survive in this world. it is our right.
you think we will just let them get away after stealing our resources and ruining our lives NEVER! angry

and anyways we are talking about indigenous matters .

Yeah, that's what I thought. cheesy
Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by ezotik: 12:36am On Aug 16, 2012
lol...aren't the fulanis arabized though?
so, whats the diff between westernization and arabization? one forbids pork!
Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:48am On Aug 16, 2012
ezotik: lol...aren't the fulanis arabized though?
so, whats the diff between westernization and arabization? one forbids pork!

true. there is no difference.
Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by Fulaman198(m): 3:05am On Aug 16, 2012
Blyss:

Then get your azz off that western designed and engineered computer you typed this up on.

I use phone not computer
Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by kulboy(m): 3:43am On Aug 16, 2012
Fulaman198:

I use phone not computer
The So-called phone You use...wasn't it Designed and Engineered by the Westners? angry
You can start embracing ur fulani cultures by being a herdsman... angry angry

1 Like

Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by Fulaman198(m): 4:09am On Aug 16, 2012
Blyss:

I use phone not computer, also if you know history the internet was designed by not only Westerners.
Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by Fulaman198(m): 4:10am On Aug 16, 2012
kulboy:
The So-called phone You use...wasn't it Designed and Engineered by the Westners? angry
You can start embracing ur fulani cultures by being a herdsman... angry angry

It was designed by South Koreans name Samsung phone

2 Likes

Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 16, 2012
Why hide the comments when the Op is clearly a FOOL?

He preaches about how he does not want Western Culture influence...

Yet his own culture is Arabized.

He incorrently refers to his culture as indigenous

When it is Not.

The man is literally one of the worst Posters on this forum, who has little to any known source of intelligence at all

Arabized Negroids are So tainted and Confused.

~###The Prophet Muhammad was a PedoPhial###~

...You Nasty Islamic Negroidal Pawns.
Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by Nobody: 6:30am On Aug 16, 2012
When did Arab = Western culture?

When did Fulani = Arab culture?

I think you're confusing Hausa with Fulani.

2 Likes

Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
When did Arab = Western culture?

When did Fulani = Arab culture?

I think you're confusing Hausa with Fulani.

Nobody said Arab equals western culture..

I am pointing out the mere double stardard and complexed stupidity of his original post.

How can you claim your culture is a True Africa Culture when many of your people Are Arabized?

Where did you Get Fulani's are not Muslim from?....

Have you not been to Senegal?.
Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 16, 2012
How the hell could someone read my post and come away with me somehow saying Arab equals Western Culture...

You are lucky you are Beautiful lol

What the Hell.
Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 16, 2012
~Royal~:

He preaches about how he does not want Western Culture influence...

Yet his own culture is Arabized.

So what do you mean by "yet". . . ?

I never said Fulanis were not Muslim.

What makes Fulani culture an arabized one? Apart from religion?

That's like saying Yorubas are Arabized; 50% Christian, 49% Muslim, 1% other. Rough estimate.
Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 16, 2012
Why the hell is my font like this...Must be that tricky demonic westernized Government tapping into my Mobile Phone

...Now let me go worship an Arab God and His PedoPhial Prophet to Cleanse my Soul, of these Westernized Demons.
Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

So what do you mean by "yet". . . ?

I never said Fulanis were not Muslim.

That's like saying Yorubas are Arabized; 50% Christian, 49% Muslim, 1% other. Rough estimate.

.......Apart from Religion?...Is this a Serious Question?
Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by Nobody: 6:42am On Aug 16, 2012
~Royal~:
How the hell could someone read my post and come away with me somehow saying Arab equals Western Culture...

You are lucky you are Beautiful lol

What the Hell.

LOL @ the subtile insult.

Anywaz, the party is not complete without kandii to support my posts grin
Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 16, 2012
~Royal~:

.......Apart from Religion?...Is this a Serious Question?

A serious question to test your knowledge of the Fulani culture. . . . waiting. . . .
Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 16, 2012
LoL Oh many of you Nigerians are Arabized fools as well....

#BokoHaram

Why TF is my font like this.
Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 16, 2012
~Royal~:
LoL Oh many of you Nigerians are Arabized fools as well....

#BokoHaram

Why TF is my font like this.

LOL @ "Fools", okay. . . . ignoring that.

Still doesn't answer my previous question.
Re: Pagan9ja - I Want To Clarify Something For You by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

A serious question to test your knowledge of the Fulani culture. . . . waiting. . . .

No...lol my sarcasm is elusive

Read this....and tell me what is wrong.

...That can't be a serious question...

The Last 3 words answer the first 7.

More is not needed when understanding what religion is...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Inside The Palace Of Ezechumagha Of Ogidi Kingdom HRM IGWE ALEX UZOR ONYIDO / African And African American Scientist/geniuses/inventors Thread :) / Igbo And Yoruba Share The Same Ancestors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.