Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? (3227 Views)

10 Categories Of Jobs That Deplete People's Chances Of Making Heaven / "Angels" Appear In Shepherd Bushiri's Church (Video) / 10 Mistakes People Make With The Holy Spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by pearlhapi(f): 9:54pm On Aug 15, 2012
Gudevening you all,this issue has really been bothering me for long and I think its time I let it out and get views on it.while I was growing up I attended the same church my folks attended till lastyear when I joined another religion.while in my parents church I saw christianity as a do or die affair,a very strict religion where you ought to be concious of your doings.where when u commit a sin you should sober and cry and beg God to forgive you.of course no wearing of trousers and the so many rules[not a deeper life church tho]at a point,lastyear precisely I joined another church.it was a whole different affair.christianity became fun for me and no more a struggle.I knew and was concious of the life that I have.it was no more a struggle cause everything became broken down.I got to know that all one required to be a child of God and heaven bound is to confess jesus as lord and saviour•as in jhn 3÷16•i also got to know that living right should not be a struggle as all our sin both future and present has been taking care of and the sins we commit won't stop us from going to heaven due to the death of jesus.now I have come to understand that sin cannot stop us from goin to heaven so far we have confessed and made christ the lords of our lives and even when we commit crimes it is not counted against us cos its been paid by jesus•I need to get clarification•
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by CrazyMan(m): 10:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
My dear don't let the devil decieve you.

Every christian that lives his or her life the way he pleases isn't qualified to be called a christian.

You must note that once you become born again, you must have submitted your life to Jesus. Therefore your life is no longer yours, its christ living in you. A born again christian also has the the spirit of God (the holy spirit) who acts as a guide for every child of God.

So my dear, if you see christianity as a boring religion with so many dos and don'ts, it means you still have a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by Emmy9ite(m): 10:27pm On Aug 15, 2012
Dont deceive yourself dear,you are accountable for your sins, Jesus died for our sins to give us the grace we need from God,if you misuse yours u will end up in hell. You need to live a pius life and ask God for forgiveness when ever u go wrong coz nothing unclean shall enter the kingdom of God.
#My opinion!

1 Like

Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by Acidosis(m): 10:35pm On Aug 15, 2012
Heaven is not cheap. The greatest enemy of God is our flesh. If you take your time satisfying the flesh rather than your soul. .then I'm sorry. . .

1 Like

Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by pearlhapi(f): 11:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
CrazyMan: My dear don't let the devil decieve you.

Every christian that lives his or her life the way he pleases isn't qualified to be called a christian.

You must note that once you become born again, you must have submitted your life to Jesus. Therefore your life is no longer yours, its christ living in you. A born again christian also has the the spirit of God (the holy spirit) who acts as a guide for every child of God.

So my dear, if you see christianity as a boring religion with so many dos and don'ts, it means you still have a long way to go.
seems u dnt get my kweshion•i didn't say christianity z borin•it z d best gift anyone can eva av•my issue here is,I learnt once you accept christ as your lord by confessing he's death and ressurection you are heaven bound no mata what sin u commit as there is forgveness for us both for our present or future sins•
NB÷am a child of God nd I don't c it boring•tnkx tho for your answer
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by OmoAlata(f): 11:01pm On Aug 15, 2012
Proverbs 14:12

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by pearlhapi(f): 11:03pm On Aug 15, 2012
Emmy9ite: Dont deceive yourself dear,you are accountable for your sins, Jesus died for our sins to give us the grace we need from God,if you misuse yours u will end up in hell. You need to live a pius life and ask God for forgiveness when ever u go wrong coz nothing unclean shall enter the kingdom of God.
#My opinion!
so my emmy is a christian?nl spoil plenty pepo sha
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by pearlhapi(f): 11:09pm On Aug 15, 2012
And lots of people aint answering my question•i didn't say am not a christian na,stp sending condemnation messages plz||
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by okeyxyz(m): 11:12pm On Aug 15, 2012
@pearl~hapi is right. Being born again has taken away the power of sin, therefore a christian cannot sin, nothing you do can take away your christianity. as it is written: all things are permissible but all are not beneficial, so even the unbeneficial does not take away your christianity. You'll suffer for it, but your christianity remains intact.
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by buzugee(m): 11:22pm On Aug 15, 2012
1 john 3 vs 9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

2 Likes

Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by OmoAlata(f): 11:23pm On Aug 15, 2012
pearl~hapi:
And lots of people aint answering my question•i didn't say am not a christian na,stp sending condemnation messages plz||

Hebrews 10:26-27

King James Version (KJV)

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

New Living Translation (NLT)
26 Dear friends, if we deliberately continue sinning after we have received knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice that will cover these sins. 27 There is only the terrible expectation of God’s judgment and the raging fire that will consume his enemies.
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by Emmy9ite(m): 11:27pm On Aug 15, 2012
pearl~hapi:
so my emmy is a christian?nl spoil plenty pepo sha
yes am a christian dear..nairaland cannot spoil me,i ve got the immunity!
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by pearlhapi(f): 11:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
Now so many people hold sin as such a high factor•well av concluded that with or without sin so far uv confessed christ as lord you are heaven bound•otherwise if you say sin can stop christians from goin to heaven it means 99 if not a 100 percent of d world would perrish•we are not goin to heaven cos we didn't sin,rather we are goin to heaven cos whosoever believes in he's only son jesus shall not perish but have evalasting life•if therez anyone who thinks he would go to heaven cause he doesn't sin let him proove me wrong
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by pearlhapi(f): 11:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
Emmy9ite: yes am a christian dear..nairaland cannot spoil me,i ve got the immunity!
ok son•u may nau off your fone•
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by Emmy9ite(m): 11:40pm On Aug 15, 2012
pearl~hapi:
ok son•u may nau off your fone•
son? Ok wife,dont tell me u are also afraid of the cosmic rays saga
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by Emmy9ite(m): 11:43pm On Aug 15, 2012
pearl~hapi:
Now so many people hold sin as such a high factor•well av concluded that with or without sin so far uv confessed christ as lord you are heaven bound•otherwise if you say sin can stop christians from goin to heaven it means 99 if not a 100 percent of d world would perrish•we are not goin to heaven cos we didn't sin,rather we are goin to heaven cos whosoever believes in he's only son jesus shall not perish but have evalasting life•if therez anyone who thinks he would go to heaven cause he doesn't sin let him proove me wrong
Go and kill,steal and expect to go to heaven just because u believe in christ alone. Believing in christ and doing the right thing works hand in hand to make us gain eternal life.
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by CrazyMan(m): 11:44pm On Aug 15, 2012
pearl~hapi:
seems u dnt get my kweshion•i didn't say christianity z borin•it z d best gift anyone can eva av•my issue here is,I learnt once you accept christ as your lord by confessing he's death and ressurection you are heaven bound no mata what sin u commit as there is forgveness for us both for our present or future sins•
NB÷am a child of God nd I don't c it boring•tnkx tho for your answer
I would refer you to this passage.

Isiah 1 from verse 15.  And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; 17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. 19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: 20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

My dear that you're a christian doesn't mean that God would keep forgiving you most especially when you sin delibrately. God loves you so much that he sent his only son to die for you (John 3;16).

You should note that sin makes you far from God, and if you keep on sinning with the believe that christ's blood would keep on purifying you, then you would be lost from his grace. God would turn his back on you as you can see in that passage. And gradually, the devil would begin to plant all sorts of evil and doubt in your mind about what is right and wrong.

So if you really value that love that God has for you, you wouldn't do anything to offend him. You would live a righteous life and make him proud.
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by pearlhapi(f): 11:50pm On Aug 15, 2012
Emmy9ite: son? Ok wife,dont tell me u are also afraid of the cosmic rays saga
mother not wife!well am not afraid just kip mute and obey and I heard if you don't put off your fone your face wee catch fire•i don't wnt that fo u
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by pearlhapi(f): 11:55pm On Aug 15, 2012
CrazyMan:
I would refer you to this passage.

Isiah 1 from verse 15.  And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; 17 Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. 19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land: 20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

My dear that you're a christian doesn't mean that God would keep forgiving you most especially when you sin delibrately. God loves you so much that he sent his only son to die for you (John 3;16).

You should note that sin makes you far from God, and if you keep on sinning with the believe that christ's blood would keep on purifying you, then you would be lost from his grace. God would turn his back on you as you can see in that passage. And gradually, the devil would begin to plant all sorts of evil and doubt in your mind about what is right and wrong.

So if you really value that love that God has for you, you wouldn't do anything to offend him. You would live a righteous life and make him proud.
so in essence you don't sin•and you believe you are goin to heaven as a result of your righteous livin ryt6
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by CrazyMan(m): 12:21am On Aug 16, 2012
pearl~hapi:
so in essence you don't sin•and you believe you are goin to heaven as a result of your righteous livin ryt6
Yea I'm glad you finally got my message wink
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by pearlhapi(f): 12:29am On Aug 16, 2012
CrazyMan:
Yea I'm glad you finally got my message wink
plz dnt dodge my kweshon•yes or no
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by CrazyMan(m): 12:35am On Aug 16, 2012
But I thought I've answered your question na, what else do you want me to say?
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by Nobody: 1:45am On Aug 16, 2012
What if there is no heaven where a white old man sits on a golden chair?

What if the true heaven and hell is on the inside of us?

What if Jesus meant we should love one another in order to achieve world peace?

What if life after death is the same philosophy of life after birth?

In my opinion, we are all fallen Gods and we had had series of messengers to remind us of what we used to be. I dont think anyone can die for another person's sin,except themselves. Jesus was killed by the Jews becos he defied the said law of Moses. Several people have been killed in our time becos they said the truth. At the end of the day death is only a portal to the other side of existence.
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by pictures: 2:29am On Aug 16, 2012
It is a complex question that confuses many.
First of all,the old testament is the foundation of
christian values. Christ came to fulfill the law. In the old testament
atonement was made for sin once a year but it is now an everyday thing
because Christ died once and for all, making the yearly sacrifice of no
relevance. As a Christian,your works doesn't save you because your
righteousness is as filthy rags before God.It is only the righteousness of
Jesus that is the acceptable standard for God. This doesn't mean you should
throw caution to the wind and continue to sin willfully but peradventure you do,
there is still forgiveness available to you. Jesus says strive to enter through the
narrow gate which means a Christian is not suppose to sin as non Christians do.
Be close to Jesus,if you have problem overcoming a particular sin,take it to God in prayers,
be sincere enough to stop it and ask for grace to overcome.

2 Likes

Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by iheanyi4u(m): 3:28am On Aug 16, 2012
@op now your sins have been taken care of; it doesn't mean you should take it for granted cos there are some things that could lead a Christian to hell irrespective of the fact that He has confessed Jesus as Lord. Lemme show you something "Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him." (1 John 3:15). Now you find some Christians hating and the verse above clearly shows if you hate you are headed for damnation. So yes your sins; past, present and future has been paid for but there are still some things we need todo.
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by Emmy9ite(m): 6:36am On Aug 16, 2012
pearl~hapi:
mother not wife!well am not afraid just kip mute and obey and I heard if you don't put off your fone your face wee catch fire•i don't wnt that fo u
if you say u are my mother no problem,we are the only ones that knw abt the truth.. I slept with my phone on,my earpiece was in mua ears through out and nothing happened!
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by pearlhapi(f): 7:08am On Aug 16, 2012
Emmy9ite: if you say u are my mother no problem,we are the only ones that knw abt the truth.. I slept with my phone on,my earpiece was in mua ears through out and nothing happened!
okies,mommas prayers worked for you•all tnkz to mua
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by pearlhapi(f): 7:15am On Aug 16, 2012
ifeness: What if there is no heaven where a white old man sits on a golden chair?

What if the true heaven and hell is on the inside of us?

What if Jesus meant we should love one another in order to achieve world peace?

What if life after death is the same philosophy of life after birth?

In my opinion, we are all fallen Gods and we had had series of messengers to remind us of what we used to be. I dont think anyone can die for another person's sin,except themselves. Jesus was killed by the Jews becos he defied the said law of Moses. Several people have been killed in our time becos they said the truth. At the end of the day death is only a portal to the other side of existence.
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one
please what religion states most of the things you said•like heaven and hell in us and jesus not dieing for us•huge lie
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by pearlhapi(f): 7:17am On Aug 16, 2012
iheanyi4u: @op now your sins have been taken care of; it doesn't mean you should take it for granted cos there are some things that could lead a Christian to hell irrespective of the fact that He has confessed Jesus as Lord. Lemme show you something "Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him." (1 John 3:15). Now you find some Christians hating and the verse above clearly shows if you hate you are headed for damnation. So yes your sins; past, present and future has been paid for but there are still some things we need todo.
very true sha•
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by pearlhapi(f): 7:20am On Aug 16, 2012
pictures: It is a complex question that confuses many.
First of all,the old testament is the foundation of
christian values. Christ came to fulfill the law. In the old testament
atonement was made for sin once a year but it is now an everyday thing
because Christ died once and for all, making the yearly sacrifice of no
relevance. As a Christian,your works doesn't save you because your
righteousness is as filthy rags before God.It is only the righteousness of
Jesus that is the acceptable standard for God. This doesn't mean you should
throw caution to the wind and continue to sin willfully but peradventure you do,
there is still forgiveness available to you. Jesus says strive to enter through the
narrow gate which means a Christian is not suppose to sin as non Christians do.
Be close to Jesus,if you have problem overcoming a particular sin,take it to God in prayers,
be sincere enough to stop it and ask for grace to overcome.
yes I agree totally to all uv said•tnkz big
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by Delafruita(m): 9:11am On Aug 16, 2012
pearl~hapi:
please what religion states most of the things you said•like heaven and hell in us and jesus not dieing for us•huge lie
religion is the most legal brainwashing scheme ever devised.people will believe anything because their religion says so.they will even believe a bearded old man in the skies sent the only son he had/has to supposedly die for their sins then conveniently come back to life after 3 days.your bondage is not sin,your bondage is religion.
as for the question,depends on the heaven you wanna spend eternity.
if its the heaven of the aztecs,you're sure of heaven if you die at childbirth or in battle.
if its the heaven of the egyptians,just tell your dependants to bury you in a nice coffin and grave,and voila,heaven awaits you.
if its the heaven where odin reigns supreme,plenty of rum and killing a few dragons should do it.
if its the zoroastan heaven,just employ the art of balance and glide through the ropes between earth and heaven
if its the heaven where allah dwells,be prepared to get blown-up for the "cause" and allah will give you 72 agile,muscular guys to service you till eternity.
besides why would anyone want to go to yahweh's heaven?its even more boring than earthly christianity.all you'd do is keep singing "holy holy holy".no virgins,no ipad,no PS3.just singing till eternity.seriously,anyone that believes in this tale needs to have his head checked
Re: Is Making Heaven As Difficult As People Make It Appear? by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 16, 2012
Delafruita:
religion is the most legal brainwashing scheme ever devised.people will believe anything because their religion says so.they will even believe a bearded old man in the skies sent the only son he had/has to supposedly die for their sins then conveniently come back to life after 3 days.your bondage is not sin,your bondage is religion.
as for the question,depends on the heaven you wanna spend eternity.
if its the heaven of the aztecs,you're sure of heaven if you die at childbirth or in battle.
if its the heaven of the egyptians,just tell your dependants to bury you in a nice coffin and grave,and voila,heaven awaits you.
if its the heaven where odin reigns supreme,plenty of rum and killing a few dragons should do it.
if its the zoroastan heaven,just employ the art of balance and glide through the ropes between earth and heaven
if its the heaven where allah dwells,be prepared to get blown-up for the "cause" and allah will give you 72 agile,muscular guys to service you till eternity.
besides why would anyone want to go to yahweh's heaven?its even more boring than earthly christianity.all you'd do is keep singing "holy holy holy".no

virgins,no ipad,no PS3.just singing till eternity.seriously,anyone that believes in this tale needs to have his head checked

I definitely agree with you. The question is who really is YAHWEH the god of the bible? Why don't Christians ever ask the simple question; what does this god look like? I believe Yahweh himself(male) has a creator.And is probably dead by now or something. I have heard stories of how extra terrestrial come to earth to manipulate primitive men. The bible is simply meant for fools,idiot who can think. People who are slaves and will accept anything without questioning. The book is not meant for people with the curious minds,people who would go extra mile to find out the truth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prayer Points For The Year 2014 / I Believe In Aliens, Let's Talk About Them Here. OUR ORIGIN / Christian Prince - For Muslim Who Keep Attacking Paul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.