Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja (3606 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Intervention Temporal, Queues Will Resurface – Stakeholders / Fuel Queues Worsen Across The Country - PUNCH / Breaking: Queues Resurface In Kwara Filling Stations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by Olanlere11: 6:10am On Aug 16, 2012
LONG fuel queues have resurfaced in most of the petrol stations in Abuja and its environs, due to non-payment of subsidy claims to oil marketers by the Federal Government.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reported that there were long queues of vehicles in some petrol stations in Abuja, on Wednesday, while others were locked.

The Major Oil Marketers Association of Nigeria (MOMAN) and Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) had earlier warned that there would be fuel scarcity if their claims were not paid.

Accordingly, the Depot and Petroleum Products Marketers Association (DAPPMA) and Jetties and Petroleum Tank Farms Owners of Nigeria (JEPTFON) gave similar warning.

The associations, on Wednesday, gave the warning in an advertorial, entitled “Warning of Imminent Fuel Crises in Nigeria.”

They called on the Ministry of Finance to pay their legitimate subsidy claims within seven days or risk fuel supply crises.

MOMAN’s executive secretary, Mr Obafemi Olawore, told NAN that its members were yet to be paid subsidy claims for the year, despite assurances from the Federal Government.

He appealed to government to immediately pay their claims, so as to avoid fuel crises.

However, Mr Ibrahim Isa, the station manager of Conoil petrol station, Central Area, said the queues started building up on Tuesday, due to the inability to get petroleum product from the Suleja depot.

He attributed the scarcity to the strike by the National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG) and other unions over non-payment of their claims.

Mr Boniface Agla, a civil servant, criticised the long queues of vehicles in petrol stations in different parts of the country and called on the NNPC to address the problem.

Reacting, the Federal Government said the fuel queues witnessed in some petrol stations in Abuja was instigated by indicted oil marketers.

Addressing the media, shortly after the July meeting of the Federation Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC), the Minister of State for Finance, Dr Lawan Yerima Ngama, disclosed that the claim that some marketers had embarked on strike because government had failed to pay them for fuel import was not accurate.

According to him, the true position was that the Federal Government had been meeting its obligations to oil marketers in respect of all legitimate claims.

The minister claimed that between April and May, batches D/12 and E/12 involving 14 oil marketers with a claim of N17 billion were fully settled, through the issuance of sovereign debt notes and other relevant documentation.

Ngama said since the directive by the Coordina-tinmg Minister of the Economy, Dr Ngozi Oko-njo-Iweala, to the DMO to continue payments of all verified claims, N25.6 billion worth of claims had been fully settled with the issuance of sovereign debt notes.

He stated further that between April and August, in respect of 2012 petrol claims, sovereign debt notes amounting to N42.666 billion had been issued to 31 oil marketers.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/46018-subsidy-payment-fuel-queues-resurface-in-abuja-queues-instigated-by-indicted-marketers-fg
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by Weirdone(m): 8:16am On Aug 16, 2012
All these stories they are giving us daily is dis-heartening... all we need is fuel, the queue in my area has formed the letter 'W'.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by yanni1(m): 9:34am On Aug 16, 2012
Weirdone: All these stories they are giving us daily is dis-heartening... all we need is fuel, the queue in my area has formed the letter 'W'.
grin grin grin But this is too bad...why would marketers not care about innocent masses...this goes to add credence to the saying that when two elephant fight,its the grass that suffers.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by Cyprealo: 10:01am On Aug 16, 2012
These oil thieves again. FG should Expediate their trial and convict those guilty. Also, the Govt should device an alternative means that will guarantee unlimited access to petrol product. This blackmail must stop.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by KingSolomonI: 10:08am On Aug 16, 2012
there should be ways to stop the balls grabbing inorder to get things done... Something shuld be done urgently before the queue enters my room.
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by usmanyaro17: 10:26am On Aug 16, 2012
Haba,why are these marketers wicked,can't they do anything for pple for Godsakes..shame on selfish marketers
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by Boazizzy08: 10:28am On Aug 16, 2012
I jst really don't knw why some individuals will jst want to cause unnecessary hardship on the masses.#God is watching o.
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by doctokwus: 10:37am On Aug 16, 2012
I don't understand.So d FG is saying indicted oil marketers are responsible,meanwhile legitimate claims av bn settled.Some people,both in govt& d private sector in collaboration,want to blackmail d nigerian pple,not d govt, to enrich their pockets.D fuel scarcity is just a gimmick
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by KingSolomonI: 10:44am On Aug 16, 2012
FCT Zone1

Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by apala911: 10:46am On Aug 16, 2012
Kai, why are pple/oil marketers bent on frustrating Nigerians and efforts of FGN.
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by Kunlebabs375: 10:59am On Aug 16, 2012
King Solomon I: FCT Zone1

Meeeeeeen what is this. What is the meaning of this? These marketers need to be called to order o. Na Abuja people I pity sha. Mek una pele o
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by apala911: 11:31am On Aug 16, 2012
King Solomon I: FCT Zone1

Ovokoo! This queue for fuel tie rapper oooo, abi witches and wizards dey do meeting
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by Vegetablesoup: 11:55am On Aug 16, 2012
[size=8pt][/size]
King Solomon I: there should be ways to stop the balls grabbing inorder to get things done... Something shuld be done urgently before the queue enters my room.

REAL BALLS GRABBING!!!
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by ismhab(m): 12:57pm On Aug 16, 2012
Fresh air.
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by bubadaniel13: 2:23pm On Aug 16, 2012
This marketers are heartless,because they no see money chop,them wan suffer us all....God dey....
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by DIG1: 2:56pm On Aug 16, 2012
Dis oil marketers r devils incarnate, why wait τill dis festive period τ̅☺ perpetrate dere devilish act of going Øŋ strike? ‎​S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ dat d price of evritin will sky rocket. #Godiswatching# u guys Øŋ HD
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by dayokanu(m): 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2012
Freshest air

1 Like

Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by Elueme: 4:26pm On Aug 16, 2012
Imagine these dubious marketers resorting to blackmails.. If you are not ready to do business, better throw in the towels and allow responsible citizens their rights... I support the strict scrutiy of the claims by the min of finance y these elements want to strike at a crucial moment of celebration... Criminals!
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by UncleJJ(m): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2012
Are you sayin the marketers have neen paid bt refuse to supply fuel. Somebody explain.

The government has not paid a fadding to these guys.. Rember budget implementation is only at 11 - 15 % .

Isnt the fuel moni part of this budget, or has okonjo used the money to buy salah meat.

During yardua regime I no remember fuel scarcity ohhh.. For area 11 nepa sef dey vex. Goodluck ....
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by texazzpete(m): 9:23pm On Aug 16, 2012
SEE THE FRESH AIR YOU WERE PROMISED?! grin
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by 4Play(m): 10:31pm On Aug 16, 2012
Who would have thought that subsidising and having price control of a product brings about scarcity and a generally inefficient market. Apart from a nation of economically illiterate knuckleheads. I guess a people who subscribe to voodoo also believe in voodoo economics.
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by tayejay(m): 8:44am On Aug 17, 2012
Let d queue continues, if dat marks d beginning of bringing d looting in product marketing 2 an end. Hw can u expect 2 b paid 4 claims dat are questnable? We must begin 2 start making more sacrifices, especially wen d government is beginning 2 put up a genuine and gud fight. Jst look @ d estimate of our consumptn since april 2 nw and obviously wit dis rate, we cud neva consume subsidy up to a quarter of a trillion naira compared 2 d claim of ova a trillion lst year, which is d excuse 4 removal of oil subsidy. Ofcourse, evil perpetrators wud still want dis trend repeated. May God help and bless Nigeria!
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by otokx(m): 9:52am On Aug 17, 2012
Interesting but this is a normal monthly exercise in the Port Harcourt area then we have to buy @110 with no queue.
Re: Fuel Queues Resurface In Abuja by Eazeee(m): 7:30pm On Aug 17, 2012
wel i manage 2 get 20 ltrs for N4000 @ Keffi Nasarawa state against my journey 2moro. may God purnish n expose our bad leaders. amen

(1) (Reply)

Video of Fighting in Rivers State House of Assembly / Must See:beautiful Picture Of Nigeria At Night. What Do You Think? / Fashola Owes Workers 18 Months Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.