Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

UBA Bank Plc - Savings Account!. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA Bank Plc - Savings Account!. (11164 Views)

My Experience With UBA Bank. (must Read!!!!!!!) / First Bank Plc Faces Money Laundering Charge / First Bank Or UBA Bank For Long-Term Savings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UBA Bank Plc - Savings Account!. by niceuzor: 11:28am On Dec 24, 2007
Hello, How about UBA BANK plc any Good news from them?
i'm thinking of Opening a Saving Account with them?
i have been hearing some bad news about them,
Please guys i need your help is it advisable to Open Account with them?

http://www.ubagroup.com/products/retail_savings.asp#
Re: UBA Bank Plc - Savings Account!. by SOJ(m): 11:41am On Dec 24, 2007
Bad news?my friend, i avent heard any bad news about savings account holdings in any bank yet.afterall u get interest paid on it and not the other way round.u r free to open in any bank in Nigeria;its just a savings account
Re: UBA Bank Plc - Savings Account!. by niceuzor: 1:07pm On Dec 24, 2007
Good to hear that, thanks for your contribution!

i read the THREAD https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-56381.0.html
before posting this topic, so i want to be sure of banking with them.
more comments please.
Re: UBA Bank Plc - Savings Account!. by ibkn(m): 2:39pm On Dec 24, 2007
guy be guided. i use uba and men. i wish to run but its my dads bank. the bank as more customers than it can handle and if doing business outside your branch br ready to pay 255 naira.
Re: UBA Bank Plc - Savings Account!. by N4s1(m): 4:09pm On Dec 25, 2007
Try GTB.
Re: UBA Bank Plc - Savings Account!. by niceuzor: 4:14pm On Dec 25, 2007
Good, How is their Savings Account Like ? smiley
Re: UBA Bank Plc - Savings Account!. by richness(m): 6:18pm On Dec 25, 2007
I USE UBA, there is nothing with it but GTB offers more flexible service like email/text notification and zero minimum balance
Re: UBA Bank Plc - Savings Account!. by niceuzor: 10:15am On Dec 26, 2007
richness Good you their service,but is it advisable to bank with them?
Re: UBA Bank Plc - Savings Account!. by namdo(m): 11:28am On Dec 26, 2007
You better not try so you won't run mad at them. I am already disgusted with my dom account, my savings account and my current account. No interests paid into the savings, outrageous amount deducted from current account each time. The ATM they gave me has taken three months and it's not yet working for me, not linked yet to my account was the answer. My dom account, they chose what kind of wire transfers to accept from me even though it is my money i am spending. They charge 15% on every wire transfer.

So, think again, I have since ran to GTbank and Intercontinental (not so much better in fees charged anyway). GTB is best for now. Good customer service and straight to the point you want to get to.

Have a wonderful celebration ALL! grin
Re: UBA Bank Plc - Savings Account!. by niceuzor: 3:02pm On Dec 27, 2007
@: namdo
Thanks for your contribution, do u think GT bank is the BEST, but its not in Benin City.
i try searching for their branch in Benin City i couldn't find any.
What do u think. embarassed
Re: UBA Bank Plc - Savings Account!. by Yes4u(m): 3:42pm On Dec 27, 2007
Hi Niceuzor,

Who told you that GTB is not in Benin City?  Don't you know that any bank that don't have branch(es) in Benin City will loose out of making money.  In short Benin city is the capital of the heart beat of Nigeria, so there is GTB in B/C. I have seen one in Benin/sapele/warri road.

I will advice you send an email to their website contact email and ask them to send you their Benin City branch address. Be rest assured they will send you their address.

All the best.
Re: UBA Bank Plc - Savings Account!. by mellow(m): 4:11pm On Dec 27, 2007
UBA is about the worst Bank in Nigeria. I regret Banking with them

but it is my salary account so there is nothing I can do for now.
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: UBA Bank Plc - Savings Account!. by niceuzor: 5:12pm On Dec 27, 2007
Thanks guyz, i appreciate your effort, lets give GT bank a TRY. smiley
Re: UBA Bank Plc - Savings Account!. by 27(m): 1:32pm On Jan 01, 2008
GT Bank was highly recommended to me by most people over the few weeks I was in Nigeria.
Most of the young people I spoke to absolutely refuse to use any of the older banks (UBA, Union Bank, 1st Bank etc). They prefer the new generation and there is a widely held belief that Guaranty Trust Bank is the best as far as Customer Services goes.
Re: UBA Bank Plc - Savings Account!. by niceuzor: 11:04am On Jan 02, 2008
27 - Thanks for your comment, i hope to bank with them.
Re: UBA Bank Plc - Savings Account!. by abbeyboy(m): 4:51pm On Jan 03, 2008
grin grin grin I'm laughing at you guys now.Well, i'm using UBA's MTN Xchange card and i've not regretted using it.However, i agree that GT Bank is the best.
Re: UBA Bank Plc - Savings Account!. by niceuzor: 7:10pm On Jan 03, 2008
Are you trying to say UBA is the best?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Not Patient With Buhari’s Govt, Change Takes Times —folorunsho Alakija / Loya Milk Promo Scam / Online Banking Offerings by Nigerian Banks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.