Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves (13198 Views)

Naira Drops, As BVN Paralyses Forex Market / Naira Drops As Demand Pressure Heightens / Cement Price Drops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2012
strangest:

yeah, we dey see light blast from boko boys grin

*sighs, smh*
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by rareman(m): 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2012
Really I ll prefer to watch things unfold here, without sounding pessimistic here, am very happy on the development, we need to improve from here, but the MAGIC their is that the phcn staff are on strike. So are we saying here that we are better off without them, 'coz left for me I ll say if they will resume and we go back to that epileptic way of life again, then we don't need them.
There is a saying in my place that goes thus (etoo dike na nke omeru o mekwa ozo) i.e. When u praise a strong man on what he did he ll do. So then kudos to Nnaji team!!!
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by dukenestor(m): 12:18pm On Aug 16, 2012
filcast: which area is yours? Truth be told.am presently in sabo area of kaduna and for like 3 weeks now,light has been on 97% of every 24hrs. Confirm this from others.
True talk.I am also in sabo kaduna,rite now we are even getting tired of 2much lite cos we are not use to it.UP NAIJA,UP GEJ,UP PROF.NNAJI,UP PHCN,& UP U & ME 4 PAYING D INCREASE RATES 4 POWER.

1 Like

Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by searay(m): 12:18pm On Aug 16, 2012
searay: I have been hearing of improve power here and there, for goodness sake where is it happening? I'm in Akwa Ibom North West and for the past 2weeks I haven't seen a flash. Where is the power? Or am I alone on this.
Or NIGEIRIA as usual is yet to reach Akwa Ibom
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by dukenestor(m): 12:19pm On Aug 16, 2012
filcast: which area is yours? Truth be told.am presently in sabo area of kaduna and for like 3 weeks now,light has been on 97% of every 24hrs. Confirm this from others.
TRUE TALK. I am also in sabo kaduna,rite now we are even getting tired of 2much lite cos we are not use to it.UP NAIJA,UP GEJ,UP PROF.NNAJI,UP PHCN,& UP U & ME 4 PAYING D INCREASE RATES 4 POWER.
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by GeorgeD1(m): 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2012
no sign of the 4000mw in my area. no power, no joy! angry
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by Babaji111(m): 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2012
Nigerians have to stop dreaming of stabble power supply for now. We need atleast 50Megawatt of electricity as a nation with vast array of industries and companies. For example South Africa is producing over 40,000 Megawatt and they still need more to stabilise their power supply. Also Great Britian is presently producing almost 80,000 Megawatt of electricity. All these countries have lesser population than our own great country. Then what are we proud of just over 4,000MW? How much is Lagos megalopolis need talkless of Port-Har-court, Abuja, Kano and other important cities in the country? Honestly, I am advising our PDP government to refocuss on how to rehabilitate our energy sector. All the suspended Hydro-Electric Dams and the proposed; the Gas and Coal power supply sectors should be given high priority. The staff in PHCN should be well paid and people/consumers should be made to pay their monthly bills without delay. Infact, the entire power sector need total overhaul and all outmoded machinery and old distribution components should be replaced with modern equipment. I wish the government should see in the same direction and the people should contribute in their own quota to revamp the power sector. WE NEED POWER>>>because POWER IS EVERYTHING!
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by bigdoo: 12:25pm On Aug 16, 2012
I believe that the price of petrol could be lowered by the government in future. It could even become the subject of the next presidential campaign come 2015. I wouldn't be surprised if GEJ promises a reversal of fuel price from N97 to N65.
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by adisarasaq(m): 12:25pm On Aug 16, 2012
Ricky_Ross: God bless you all for speaking the truth. There has been several threads here that says something about improvement in poiwer supply but as usual, the anti GEJ thugs keeps flooding this site with lies. It seems they are working very hard to discredit GEJ, but what are they gonna gain?

Truth is, power supply has improved in most parts of Nigeria. There is steady light in my village in IMO STATE, i was in Enugu state for 2 weeks and the light is steady there. I live in Port Harcourt and everyone in PHC now can confirm there is steady electricity, infact, there are many parts of PHC that never experienced light problem for 1 minute for the last few weeks. Rivers govt is building standard power plant, and by the time he commissions it in December, all parts of rivers state will have 24/7 power supply.

Remember we voted these leaders to do these things for us, by right we are not supposed to be singing praises, but hey, our previous presidents stole tens of billions of dollars without anything to show for it so hell yeah, am gonna sing praises for Jonathan if he can provide steady power supply by 2014.

Let the truth be told, GEJ is doing wonderfully well in the area of electricity supply. There is massive improvement in the ports as well. When OBJ was president i once paid 1.2 million naira demurrage, back then if the ships arrive Nigeria it takes several weeks to clear your goods, but this time once the ship arrives today I get my goods the next day. GEJ should sort out other sectors of the economy like security and agriculture and he will be the best president of Nigeria so far.

Lets talk about electricity and leave port matter. I work in the port even right now typing from the port, what you said abt the port is not true. We face alot of challenges here, but the improvement our ports experiences started from Obj regime.
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by ovo4u(m): 12:29pm On Aug 16, 2012
Hello my people,

Do you guys means, it's only in specific area in Nigeria that do have to power improvement, I just call 2 different people in Warri and both shouted on me telling me, if am dreaming, that they don't have light since 3 days now.

Make u una dey call una state or city make other people 4 nor confuse, I use Jesus Christ mama, Mary take beg una. grin grin grin
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by Ariyke: 12:29pm On Aug 16, 2012
we don dey get up to 19 hours light per day for my area. GOOD NEWS INDEEDcheesy
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by gidson12(m): 12:31pm On Aug 16, 2012
Babaji111: Nigerians have to stop dreaming of stabble power supply for now. We need atleast 50Megawatt of electricity as a nation with vast array of industries and companies. For example South Africa is producing over 40,000 Megawatt and they still need more to stabilise their power supply. Also Great Britian is presently producing almost 80,000 Megawatt of electricity. All these countries have lesser population than our own great country. Then what are we proud of just over 4,000MW? How much is Lagos megalopolis need talkless of Port-Har-court, Abuja, Kano and other important cities in the country? Honestly, I am advising our PDP government to refocuss on how to rehabilitate our energy sector. All the suspended Hydro-Electric Dams and the proposed; the Gas and Coal power supply sectors should be given high priority. The staff in PHCN should be well paid and people/consumers should be made to pay their monthly bills without delay. Infact, the entire power sector need total overhaul and all outmoded machinery and old distribution components should be replaced with modern equipment. I wish the government should see in the same direction and the people should contribute in their own quota to revamp the power sector. WE NEED POWER>>>because POWER IS EVERYTHING!
Okay sir, atleast lets learn how to walk before we run........we are getting there pretty soon, u are asking what is 4000MW as if you had it before, are u not following the rate of increase in MW over this short period of time, or u just take delight in making comparison
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by bjdon: 12:32pm On Aug 16, 2012
It is quite good to hear this news regarding improved power stability across the land. The enemies of progress in the North should sheath their swords and join in the quest for national progress. Nigeria is moving forward with or without them. If GEJ can pull off and sustain stable power generation, the come 2015 he dose not even have to campaign too much, for this time there will really be 'NO VACANCY IN ASO ROCK' not as a result of rigging, but as a result of excellent performance.
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by kim77: 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2012
Good News!

Lets appreciate the so called retarden, the most insulted president GEJ for this achievement...I didn't lose all my vote afterall...(0.0001 of my vote is justify with this achievement, i hope others will be justfy too ).
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by pheesayor(m): 12:40pm On Aug 16, 2012
Power was stable everywhere until late last week when we heard they went on strike, now its total blackout and generator use and fuel + diesel sale would have increased and I have a suspicion fuel marketers and generator importers might be behind the PHCN problem, that's not an excuse for the govt to under-perform though
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 16, 2012
s power distribution is not yet equal but we wil get there insha allah
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 16, 2012
@op.. Kano no get light for about 1week running now..guess dey no want make pple praise gej..bunch of boko haram eediots.
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by tpapi: 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2012
doctokwus: Sycophants& die hard opposition won't allow s/bdy know d truth.Funny how every person who claims improved supply says its bn on for @least 20-21hrs.Find it interesting,hope its true
speak 4 ur self
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by agabaI23(m): 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2012
GEJ is working
Some people are angry grin
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by Dpeacemaker101: 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2012
True dividend of democracy is been felt all over the country through the increase in supply of electricity. All we need is to allow GEJ work and stop the distractions, he has more to offer and I believe before he completes his administration we would have a better Nigeria. Some people would need to swallow their words now.
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by Dpeacemaker101: 12:49pm On Aug 16, 2012
agabaI23:
GEJ is working
Some people are angry grin
make dem go hug transformer
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by Dpeacemaker101: 12:53pm On Aug 16, 2012
Bidam: @op.. Kano no get light for about 1week running now..guess dey no want make pple praise gej..bunch of boko haram eediots.
don't worry my friend, Kano will have light very soon, it's a gradual proces. Rome was not built in a day,and besides GEJs' reformation is not a respecter of Boko Haram...
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by Caseless: 12:54pm On Aug 16, 2012
Denko, u dont bliv anytin gud abt nigeria. Do u open ur eyes and ur brain weneva u read thru any thread on NL? U tribalistic dove, m sur u 1 of dose ppl dat bliv in splitin up 9ja cos of ur tribalism. Why do u tink notherners dnt nid constant pwr suply?
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by ovo4u(m): 12:55pm On Aug 16, 2012
Who lives in Delta State here? pls tell the house how it's in your area?
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by Dpeacemaker101: 12:55pm On Aug 16, 2012
kim77: Good News!

Lets appreciate the so called retarden, the most insulted president GEJ for this achievement...I didn't lose all my vote afterall...(0.0001 of my vote is justify with this achievement, i hope others will be justfy too ).
you will stay have mre confessions to make, cause the administration is doing its best to make sure everything is fine.
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by pat077: 1:00pm On Aug 16, 2012
i have a dream. That diesel will be sold 4 50 naira per liter very soon!
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by Caseless: 1:04pm On Aug 16, 2012
Gudnews and dz is wat NLers hav agitated 4. I'm sure dz news will afect d price of garri and d production of cassava bread.
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by ismhab(m): 1:04pm On Aug 16, 2012
Fresh air, fresh electricity.
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by kemifemi: 1:09pm On Aug 16, 2012
No light in festac since monday o. Dunno if its cos of the strike.
PHCN festac district should give us light abeg
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by Sealeddeal(m): 1:14pm On Aug 16, 2012
rusher14: No Power since last Friday. Not a flicker.
...well,u'l surely get light.maybe,the phcn for ur area dey strike.actually,soldiers were able to take control of many phcn quaters b4 they embarked on strike.like i heard.
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by 2rutalk1: 1:18pm On Aug 16, 2012
There is improved power supply in the country. There is no doubt about that, but it is very unfortunate that we have not had light for a minute for close a week now in Satellite Town, lagos. Don't really know the cause shiah. Prior to last week, we used to have constant power supply. I just pray the power will be restored asap.
Re: Diesel Price Drops As Power Supply Improves by Sealeddeal(m): 1:19pm On Aug 16, 2012
Bidam: @op.. Kano no get light for about 1week running now..guess dey no want make pple praise gej..bunch of boko haram eediots.
...i think its phcn strike.actually those dat gets lyt do so because of intervention of soldiers detailed by govt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

China-Nigeria Shipping, Sea, Air, Express, For Those Who Import From China / Dangote, Adenuga, Abdulsamad, Otedola Make Forbes List With $26 Billion / Access Bank Offer @n14.90k - Would You Invest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.