Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:35 AM

Should I Go 4 Oracle or software engineering - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Should I Go 4 Oracle or software engineering (2017 Views)

Differences between Software engineering and Computer science. / Oracle Or: Guys I Need Ur Help / How Good Is Software Engineering Study In India? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go 4 Oracle or software engineering by tunnamaniah(m): 5:15pm On Aug 16, 2012
I have just been admitted into the university and i have registered with with a reputable IT company(NIIT) to study oracle, please people should i go for it or try some other professional courses. Please i need your opinion[/color][color=#000099]
Re: Should I Go 4 Oracle or software engineering by okeyxyz(m): 3:24pm On Aug 17, 2012
Question: is software engineering the course you'd been admitted for?
Oracle, being a professional certification, why do you want to do it now that you'd just been admitted into university? are you ready to use it for work/employment? There's no point getting an IT professional certification just for "having it" sake.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go 4 Oracle or software engineering by tunnamaniah(m): 9:15pm On Aug 17, 2012
I av bin admitted to study statistics and i'm quite confused myself
Re: Should I Go 4 Oracle or software engineering by pneumaticos(m): 7:00pm On Aug 18, 2012
Am an oracle instructor,n also a marketer ,seen a lot of pple like u on field make mistakes.though oracle has to do with database and it maintenance the end of it is programin .realy u have to knw tin like pl/sql n a whol lot of oda stuff to be good i would advice u go 4 prgramn in niit den u can further do a self study on oracle just 4 d fun of it.
Re: Should I Go 4 Oracle or software engineering by okeyxyz(m): 8:26pm On Aug 18, 2012
tunnamaniah: I av bin admitted to study statistics and i'm quite confused myself
statistics is a great analytical discipline and if you are good at it, the sky is your limit to what you can do. It would be a great combination with oracle or any database management system as the case may be.
Re: Should I Go 4 Oracle or software engineering by mkwayisi: 8:46pm On Aug 23, 2012
Go for Oracle, straight up! It's easier to become a software engineer than an Oracle DBA. That's my opinion though.
Re: Should I Go 4 Oracle or software engineering by eazyd(m): 3:41am On Aug 24, 2012
abeg get some forehand programming skills topped with db and then you can go for oracle else everything will look gibberish to you.
Re: Should I Go 4 Oracle or software engineering by harryobas: 4:29pm On Oct 18, 2012
mkwayisi: Go for Oracle, straight up! It's easier to become a software engineer than an Oracle DBA. That's my opinion though.

I think u are missing the point of what exactly software engineering entails. The focus of software engineering is not on specific technologies like oracle or J2EE or .Net but rather on the concepts, processes, methods and tools that are required to plan and develop high quality software. Also i really do not agree with u that it's easier to become a software engineer than an oracle DBA.

(1) (Reply)

Laptop Good For Programming? / 7 Steps How To Create Android App With No Coding Skills? / What Makes C++ Better Than Java?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.