Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,872 members, 7,806,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Religion And Racism - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Religion And Racism (849 Views)

Different Religion And Tribe: How Do I Balance The Wedding / 'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / Religion And Education In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion And Racism by MacDaddy01: 12:14am On Aug 17, 2012
There are studies that show a positive correlation between religion and racism

For Nigeria, our ancestors were pagan but we now have two foreign religions that dominate Nigeria. In response to the christians and muslims, I wonder why God chose to ignore black africans (who have been proven scientifically to be the first people on earth) To focus on Jews and Arabs. The question remains why there are no West African or Asian prophets in the Quran.

1) Judaism- Formed in aa Jewish land. Yaweh only had Jewish prophets
2) Christianity- Formed in A Jewish land. Jesus, a Jew is God
3) Islam- Formed in Arabic land. Their greatest prophet is an Arab and God's book (The quran) can only fully be understood in Arabic.
4) Greek paganism- Zeus had transactions with Greek Kings

I posted this in the islam section because I doubt that this topic has not been dealt here

www.nairaland.com/attachments/791204_racis_jpg20b1060b35495eb3afe3d2130c8fb779
Re: Religion And Racism by MacDaddy01: 6:50am On Aug 17, 2012
Question is why all religions resemble the people from which it originates? Is it that man created God?
Re: Religion And Racism by MacDaddy01: 2:40pm On Aug 17, 2012
MacDaddy01: Question is why all religions resemble the people from which it originates? Is it that man created God?

Re: Religion And Racism by Avicenna: 2:56pm On Aug 17, 2012
The thing is, logicboy, most average Nigerians do not know what racism means. Seriously.
Until after they travel out of the country and witness firsthand bigotry, then they understand how evil, demeaning racism is.

I was told once that racism is not my business. That white people are more knowledgeable than we are therefore superior to us. By someone that I respected so much. He probably hasn't read up on his history or knew nothing of WHAT racism meant. Education is important. History is even more important. I learnt about slavery myself. NO ONE told me. NO school I attended taught that. They prefer to live in denial. This is all we can be they tell themselves.

So, when I see you open threads about racism, I know you won't get much posts because they simply do not know what racism is. I speak for most average Nigerians I knew.
Re: Religion And Racism by MacDaddy01: 3:00pm On Aug 17, 2012
Avicenna: The thing is, logicboy, most average Nigerians do not know what racism means. Seriously.
Until after they travel out of the country and witness firsthand bigotry, then they understand how evil, demeaning racism is.

I was told once that racism is not my business. That white people are more knowledgeable than we are therefore superior to us. By someone that I respected so much. He probably hasn't read up on his history or knew nothing of WHAT racism meant. Education is important. History is even more important. I learnt about slavery myself. NO ONE told me. NO school I attended taught that. They prefer to live in denial. This is all we can be they tell themselves.

So, when I see you open threads about racism, I know you won't get much posts because they simply do not know what racism is. I speak for most average Nigerians I knew.

Agreed. I myslef did not understand racism till I left Naija

However, muslims like Tbaba and co who live in America are quite silent on racism themselves.
Re: Religion And Racism by Avicenna: 3:07pm On Aug 17, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Agreed. I myslef did not understand racism till I left Naija

However, muslims like Tbaba and co who live in America are quite silent on racism themselves.

Ofcourse. They are superior to the racists in their mind. So, they ignore them. Defense mechanisms really.
Same way, the jews ignored the Nazis........
Re: Religion And Racism by MacDaddy01: 3:12pm On Aug 17, 2012
Avicenna:
Ofcourse. They are superior to the racists in their mind. So, they ignore them. Defense mechanisms really.

lmao
Re: Religion And Racism by MacDaddy01: 3:23pm On Aug 17, 2012
Avicenna:

Maclatunji fits your description. He states that he has no atheist friend and he doesnt need one. He says it proudly.

I wont be surprised if he is also quite bigoted towards white westerners who are irreleigious
Re: Religion And Racism by Horus(m): 10:49pm On Oct 28, 2012
MacDaddy01: Question is why all religions resemble the people from which it originates? Is it that man created God?

Accepting an imported Alien Religion has killed our peoples minds!. The Black/African does not know the consequences of accepting AN ALIEN RELIGION. If a Black/African accepts Judaism and Christianity as his religion, he has accepted the Caucasian as his visible God. The same with Islam, if a Black/African person accepts Al Islam and its many branches as there religion, then it accepts the Desert Arab as his God. That person cannot have power over, or be equal to the Caucasian, or Arab because here, the Caucasian and the Arab has been accepted as the superior power, and this is why trying to obtain liberty and equality in Caucasian or Arab religion or any alien religion is a CRUEL HOAX! If you look at all of the so called Holy Books that our people are into, they all portray the image of someone other than self. There is not a face of Black/African people of any of these imported religions.
Re: Religion And Racism by vedaxcool(m): 1:14pm On Oct 29, 2012
This garbage shoul be sent back to the Religion section!

(1) (Reply)

'F*** Islam' Protester Now Thinks Islam Is 'beautiful' / Moon Not Sighted. Ramadan Continues Tomorrow. / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.