Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? (53247 Views)

Why Is Pastor Adeboye Visiting Governors With Mandates Challenged In Court? / Pastor W.f Kumuyi In Tivs Attire. / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by landinfo: 11:58am On Apr 09, 2013
I'm not moved by anytin until wi see @ the other side
Don't be surprised when the bible said take heed lest u fall & also many shall say lord lord in ur name i cast out devils, he will tell them get behind mi i know thee not.
Lastly, narrow is the way few there be that FIND IT
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Valto(m): 12:09pm On Apr 09, 2013
chezholy: FAKE MAN!!!
Raypawer: Yes he is blameless and honest
its only God that knows who is truly honest/ fake.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Valto(m): 12:20pm On Apr 09, 2013
SailorXY: I know most people here saying tithes & offering is fraud are catholics and all the like-sheep. I'm not deeperlife but if you could spare a little time & buy a bible {it's actually cheap}, then read it, you must come to a place where it says "can a man rob God? Yea, ye have robbed me, in tithes & offering." ... "Bring ye all the tithes into the store house {house of God} that there may be meat in my house, & prove me now if I will not open the windows of Heaven & shower down blessings, that there will be not enough room to receive it."
@ topic, Deeperlife, Watchman, The Lord's Chosen for me are exemplary congregations. I don't know about the others
brainwashed christian!!! paying tithe is no longer applicable since jesus died for our sake there fore u are no longer under the bondage of mosaic law. paying tithe will never lead u to heaven. quit funding the expensive lifestyles of ur pastors and help the poor in ur midst. jesus said what ever u do to the least of these people, u do it for me!
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by SailorXY: 12:52pm On Apr 09, 2013

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by SailorXY: 12:52pm On Apr 09, 2013
Valto: brainwashed christian!!! paying tithe is no longer applicable since jesus died for our sake there fore u are no longer under the bondage of mosaic law. paying tithe will never lead u to heaven. quit funding the expensive lifestyles of ur pastors and help the poor in ur midst. jesus said what ever u do to the least of these people, u do it for me!
Its ok if you tear out the page of the scriptures I just quoted in ur own bible, it changes nothing. In Jesus' time, when it was noted that Judas was in charge of the purse, do you think money entered the purse because Jesus and his disciples were oil company workers? Or may be involved in armed robbery? How did the gospel spread from nation to nation? Did u not read that "money answereth all things"? How is the missionary work supposed to continue {if ur church engages in such}? Or your full-time pastor conjure money from the skies? If these teachings were abolished, why is it in the new testament? Do you some part of the bible should be thrown away?

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by PastorKun(m): 1:45pm On Apr 09, 2013
Phunmytedee: could u pls expatiate on ur post...u min collection of tithes is fraudulent?

Tithing the way it is preached today is derived from deliberately twisting scriptures to suit the agenda of tithe preachers which is to raise money on a consistent basis. You would never find monetary tithing from income in the bible neither is there anywhere in scriptures christians are asked to tithe. Christians are not under the law that requires tithes rather we are under grace. The fact that scriptures had to be twisted to arrive at our modern day version of tithing makes it a fraudulent teaching. You may also wish to read deut 14:22-29 to see how biblical tithe is defined and compare it with the false version preached in churches today. Also bear in mind that it is a sin to remove from or add to God's word.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by phemmyutd(m): 1:57pm On Apr 09, 2013
frosbel:

I made an innocent and simple statement, not sure why you have a problem with it.

Besides, I attended deeper life for a few years and noted that he is idolised, I never said he encouraged it

We should focus on Christ and not Man, Christ is our helper, teacher and redeemer.

i truely believe in ur comment that he is been idolised by his member, but if truely its true, thats members problem, but we are talking about the Pastor him self now...... I can truely say he is one of men of God i really respect
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Creatrixity(m): 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2013
sureteeboy: a pastor that says his members shouldn't pay thite is disobeying the bible. Malachi 3:10. If sum1 don't pay thite and offering, hell is such an individual's home. You can google it.

You are BRAINWASHED!!.free your self from lies.Did Apostle Paul pay tithe?Did the early christians pay tithe?ponder on these things..Besides hell was not mentioned as a penalty.it was added by some crooked pastors!
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Valto(m): 2:30pm On Apr 09, 2013
SailorXY:
Its ok if you tear out the page of the scriptures I just quoted in ur own bible, it changes nothing. In Jesus' time, when it was noted that Judas was in charge of the purse, do you think money entered the purse because Jesus and his disciples were oil company workers? Or may be involved in armed robbery? How did the gospel spread from nation to nation? Did u not read that "money answereth all things"? How is the missionary work supposed to continue {if ur church engages in such}? Or your full-time pastor conjure money from the skies? If these teachings were abolished, why is it in the new testament? Do you some part of the bible should be thrown away?
ur church offerings and free will donations is more than enough
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Valto(m): 2:35pm On Apr 09, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Tithing the way it is preached today is derived from deliberately twisting scriptures to suit the agenda of tithe preachers which is to raise money on a consistent basis. You would never find monetary tithing from income in the bible neither is there anywhere in scriptures christians are asked to tithe. Christians are not under the law that requires tithes rather we are under grace. The fact that scriptures had to be twisted to arrive at our modern day version of tithing makes it a fraudulent teaching. You may also wish to read deut 14:22-29 to see how biblical tithe is defined and compare it with the false version preached in churches today. Also bear in mind that it is a sin to remove from or add to God's word.
GBAM!!!... one million likes!!
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by justiade4uu(m): 5:15pm On Apr 09, 2013
May God continue to strengthen him and as many other "7000" prophets who have been upholding the Truth and Righteousness.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by bloggernaija: 5:32pm On Apr 09, 2013
I used to go to a fgc in one of the northern states. The local deeper life church would come in with a bus take us to church and at the end of the service,give us one naira each .this was a very small congregation of less than 50 mostly poor or working class people.
I also know that the outreach of the church includes home fellowship.
I am now an atheist who believes that religion especially Islam and Christianity is holding nigeria back.however ,of all the new generation "born again" churches,I will give it to deeper life for being the one and only one close enough to challenge the more socially useful Anglican ,catholic,Methodist churches of the past .the rest are a scam
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by ComfortB: 6:53pm On Apr 09, 2013
frosbel:

you mean doctrines of the church not the doctrines of the bible. I do not have to belong to deeper life to be called a Christian. The bible is my companion and my closest companion at that , not church doctrine.

I believe in the doctrines of the bible as contained in the bible not as presented by a physical church.

For example telling people that they are under a curse for not tithing is wrong, absolutely so.

But hey we are on the same page with respect to salvation , holiness, restitution , deity of Christ etc.

I also am most thankful to Pastor Kumuyi for grounding me and many others in the word of God and encouraging a very healthy interest in examining the scriptures. I still have this thirst today.

The bible is very clear on that "For I the Lord do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed. 7 From the days of your fathers you have turned aside from my statutes and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you, says the Lord of hosts. But you say, ‘How shall we return?’ 8 Will man rob God? Yet you are robbing me. But you say, ‘How have we robbed you?’ In your tithes and contributions. 9 You are cursed with a curse, for you are robbing me, the whole nation of you." Malachi 3:1-9 .

Pastor Kumuyi only tells it like it is. It's the Word of God. Take it or leave it.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by ComfortB: 7:02pm On Apr 09, 2013
Pastor Kun:

We only claim the Word is being twisted when we don't want to let go of that which belongs to the Lord in the first place. If you can't give of yourself, your time, why not your money, even if it's not commanded. Is 10% out of a 100% too much for the one who gave you life? How do you suppose the bills in the church should be paid, through government subsidy?

Dollar and Pound hugger Christians over here complain of the same thing. Yet they spend thousands of dollars everyday on things that can perish in a second. Plus, the government force them to give over 20% of their income and they dare not complain. "The love of money is the root of all evil"
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by PastorKun(m): 7:29pm On Apr 09, 2013
ComfortB.:

We only claim the Word is being twisted when we don't want to let go of that which belongs to the Lord in the first place. If you can't give of yourself, your time, why not your money, even if it's not commanded. Is 10% out of a 100% too much for the one who gave you life? How do you suppose the bills in the church should be paid, through government subsidy?

Dollar and Pound hugger Christians over here complain of the same thing. Yet they spend thousands of dollars everyday on things that can perish in a second. Plus, the government force them to give over 20% of their income and they dare not complain. "The love of money is the root of all evil"

The fact that the church institution needs money to finance it's activities is not/never justification to twist the word of God. It remains a very grievous sin to twists God's word no matter how you try to justify it. If the church needs money there are much more honest/biblical ways they can raise money to finance their activities. If s church is resorting to fraud to raise income, what example does it want to set for believers it's supposed to be nuturing?
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Tonyet1(m): 8:08pm On Apr 09, 2013
What baffles me is how the antagonists of the scriptures will stop at nothing in claiming that tithing is law that should be abolished.

* Did tithing start with the law?...the answer is no!
* Was there anywhere in the books of Moses that credited tithing as a law?...the answer is no!
* Was there anywhere in the entire scriptures that says tithing should be abolished?...the answer remains no!

In my opinion, only a canal Christian sees tithing as enriching the Pastor...a true christian sees it as giving unto God.

3 Likes

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 09, 2013
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 09, 2013
......kindly go back to the 80's,you'll read enough scandal-only God is true,pure....
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by PastorKun(m): 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2013
Tonye-t:
What baffles me is how the antagonists of the scriptures will stop at nothing in claiming that tithing is law that should be abolished.

* Did tithing start with the law?...the answer is no!
* Was there anywhere in the books of Moses that credited tithing as a law?...the answer is no!
* Was there anywhere in the entire scriptures that says tithing should be abolished?...the answer remains no!

In my opinion, only a canal Christian sees tithing as enriching the Pastor...a true christian sees it as giving unto God.

Tonye tithes, you still haven't repented from propagating this your fraudulent tithe doctrine.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Bearshare(m): 8:37pm On Apr 09, 2013
There are remarkable men of God outside pastor Kumuyi
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Tonyet1(m): 8:40pm On Apr 09, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Tonye tithes, you still haven't repented from propagating this your fraudulent tithe doctrine.

Repent from the truth of God's word??...never!...how've you been brother kunle?
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2013
Tonye-t:

Repent from the truth of God's word??...never!

You mean making merchandise of the people of God.

Sick !!!
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by tete7000(m): 9:27pm On Apr 09, 2013
Ikanium: Years past various Nigerian pastors have been connected with one scandal or the other ranging from money fraud, diversion of church money, acquiring of properties worth billions of naira and rituals among others.

But never have I heard or seen any of such with the Pastor/overseer of the Deeper Life Bible Church.

With this one could jump into the conclusion that Pastor W.F Kumuyi is the truest and the most trust worthy among his mates?

This is one of the dumbest question I saw ever asked. How are you God to begin to know who is most trust worthy. If you don't know, you are already into some kind of human worship.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by BarrSeun: 1:33pm On Apr 10, 2013
I am a member of the deeper life bible church. The man of God (Pastor W.F. Kumuyi) is my father in the Lord and indeed a servant of the most high God. I am very sure that there are other men of God who have kept themselves from the pollutions of this world. Pastor W.F. Kumuyi happens to be one of such. He is not the only person. I however want the debunk the idea the he is being idolized. This is not true. Paul the apostle in his epistle said "be ye followers of me". Being a follower of somebody does not necessarily mean that you are idolizing the person. You can make a person your mentor. The bible approves of it.

1 Like

Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 10, 2013
^^^

Do you hold all deeperlife doctrines as 100% bible doctrines ?
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Milani1: 9:43pm On Jun 15, 2013
Is beta 2 keep quiet on matters u dnt knw but ought 2 knw!!
May God Almighty forgive all of you!!
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by luluosas(m): 5:04pm On Aug 28, 2013
frosbel:

Mr. i am an ex-deeper-life member.

I never said all people worship him, I said stop worshiping MEN.

And what sin am I committing grin
This is hard for me to believe! May God show you his mercy again.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
Barr Seun:

I am a member of the deeper life bible church. The man of God (Pastor W.F. Kumuyi) is my father in the Lord and indeed a servant of the most high God. I am very sure that there are other men of God who have kept themselves from the pollutions of this world. Pastor W.F. Kumuyi happens to be one of such. He is not the only person. I however want the debunk the idea the he is being idolized. This is not true. Paul the apostle in his epistle said "be ye followers of me". Being a follower of somebody does not necessarily mean that you are idolizing the person. You can make a person your mentor. The bible approves of it.

Well said.
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Vickhov(m): 1:25pm On Nov 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Well said.
okay smiley
OLAADEGBU:

Well said.
okay
Re: Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? by Vickhov(m): 1:28pm On Nov 06, 2013
luluosas:
This is hard for me to believe! May God show you his mercy again.

Amen[color=#000099][quote author=luluosas]
This is hard for me to believe! May God show you his mercy again.[/quote

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bishop Gerald Glenn Dies Of Coronavirus In US After Holding Church Service / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here / Patrick Henry Edet Dedicates His Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.