Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

My Husband Does Not Want Me To Have An Friend - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Does Not Want Me To Have An Friend (1818 Views)

'My Husband Does Not Last A Minute On Bed' - Woman Tells Court / My Husband Does Not Want Me To Work / My Husband Does Not Like Sleeping In The Bedroom But Living Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Does Not Want Me To Have An Friend by Mma4luv(f): 5:11am On Aug 18, 2012
Pls i have a girl friend dat has nerve don anytin bad to me and my husband told me to tell d girl to stop coming to our house,stop callin her on phone, stop seein her.wen i asked him y he said she does not like d girl as a person, i tried to handle it like dis,i stop callin d girl in his present to avoid problem but he wil stil go to my dial cal to no if i did call her den i started deletin my cals he want to my cridit, like now if he goin out he will cheak my last balance an wen he comes back he will cheak it again.he just dont want me to have any friend at all pls whot i wil i do nw
Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Have An Friend by denip: 5:42am On Aug 18, 2012
angry angry angryU̶̲̥̅̊ again? What happened 2 d thread u̶̲̥̅̊ opened https://www.nairaland.com/1015505/husband-wants-quit-relationship-best.
Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Have An Friend by warrior01: 7:38am On Aug 18, 2012
Why can't you leave ur hubby and go marry this ur 'friend'.
Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Have An Friend by ifyalways(f): 7:53am On Aug 18, 2012
Are you a housewife? If yes, suck it up already and obey him to the letter. Its very normal for housewives. Your only friend should be nollywood!

Btw, if he's the one that bought you the phone and top up then he has the right to tell you how to use it and who to call.

Solution:get busy, build your life, make your own cash.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Have An Friend by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:04am On Aug 18, 2012
Mma4luv: Pls i have a girl friend dat has nerve don anytin bad to me and my husband told me to tell d girl to stop coming to our house,stop callin her on phone, stop seein her.wen i asked him y he said she does not like d girl as a person, i tried to handle it like dis,i stop callin d girl in his present to avoid problem but he wil stil go to my dial cal to no if i did call her den i started deletin my cals he want to my cridit, like now if he goin out he will cheak my last balance an wen he comes back he will cheak it again.he just dont want me to have any friend at all pls whot i wil i do nw

Evil Empire
Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Have An Friend by redcliff: 9:40am On Aug 18, 2012
lets look at things the other way round....there are sometimes when frineds we think can never hurt us are the ones who stab us the most at our backs..your husband may be trying to protect you from an evil friend. if he doesnt want to tell you it might be because your friend in question has made passes on him and he refused and he does not know how to tell it to you hence his reaction. he maybe seeing your continued relationship with her as a bad influence. imagine, if i had a GF and she has a really close friend who made a pass at me and i totally refused and i know the kind of sisterly relationship u both have,i wont want to hurt your feelings by telling you what she did. all i would tell u is that i dont like your association with her. a wise woman should read between the lines

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Have An Friend by greedie1(f): 10:52am On Aug 18, 2012
jennykadry: May devil blend that your Nyash like cray fish, you psychotic and talentless lesbian. angry angry go and marry your friend you uncircumcised frog
too harsh...

Op, i tink ur husby may ve a very good reason 4 wanting u to severe ur friendship wit dis friend lyk redcliff said....why not ask him y he is against d friendship? Anyways, ur marriage comes 1st so dont do anytin to jeopardise it.

From wat u wrote, i gather dat u r a housewive? I ll suggest u get busy, its always good 4 a lady/woman to be independent. All d best
Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Have An Friend by Kobojunkie: 11:12am On Aug 18, 2012
@Poster, go see a Psychiatrist. I am guessing you are an adult with a fully developed brain and all. If you, an adult, allows another adult make decisions for your life, then you need help. Your husband is not your father. He should not decide for you who you can be friends with and who you can't. If he is doing that, then you have a problem and you both need to go for counselling.

I know it is typical for African women to pretend that once they are married they loose INDEPENDENCE, but that is actually bad because a lot of those women loose SELF(something God gave them and nutured before giving them a husband) when they get married, and become unable to find it again when it matters. You are a human being and just like your man, you do not have to loose your mind because you are married . . you don't become a puppet/dummy. You are still human, well able to make decisions of your own. So stand up, and ask your husband to go with you for counselling, and do not go to an African church pastor, or your African relatives for it.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Have An Friend by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 18, 2012
Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Have An Friend by Gloriagee(f): 1:41pm On Aug 18, 2012
i don't get it, he sounds like a control freak. Does he stop you from having other friends or it's just this friend he has an issue with? so, when he checks the credit, how does it prove dt you called the friend in question?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Have An Friend by Johndoe100(m): 9:39pm On Aug 18, 2012
edogram.:
This Lesbian is here again, u Zap.i.n.g toto licker. Go and get a life. Or better still marry ur gf. Ur hubby is a dummer for still keeping u there. Nonesense

There is nothing wrong with lesbians, they can be quite enjoyable interesting.
Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Have An Friend by Kobojunkie: 9:43pm On Aug 18, 2012
edogram.:
This Lesbian is here again, u Zap.i.n.g toto licker. Go and get a life. Or better still marry ur gf. Ur hubby is a dummer for still keeping u there. Nonesense

Why are you calling her a les_bo? Because she does not want to give up a relationship she has with her girlfriend before she even got a husband?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Have An Friend by edogram1(m): 11:11pm On Aug 18, 2012
Yeah. I ve that strong feelins. That this b.i.t.c.h is lesbi, she never answered any question on previous post.
Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Have An Friend by Nobody: 12:43am On Aug 19, 2012
Does he stop you from having other friends or is she the only one he wants you to quit your relationship with?Have you tried to find out why he hates your best friend.I had this kind of issue when i was newly married,my husband hated my best friend that he ordered me not to associte with her again as long as i remain her wife.I was so battered becaused she was so nice to me and i found it very difficult to depart with her,then we kept our relationship secrete but when he got know about it,the situation got even worse.I had no option than to quit the relationship because my marriage is more important to me than my friend.Men sometimes like to excescise power over their wives and they like to be obeyed and if you understand them,thats the only way you could win their hearts.I am not saying that you should obey everything even the wrong once,no,but when the heat is on,draw back a bit because they have that edge over us thats why he is your husband.So i would advice you give your relationship with your friend a break and sort your family out first.Tussling with your husband over who is right and who is wrong wount solve it,just apply wisdom.I dont know the type of relationship you keep with your friend,but chosing your friend over your husband is very irresponsible of you.What if he has capitalized on that your fo*lish statement,do you know what it means or dont you love your husband?If that is the case i can't say you are a lesbo but it gives the insight of what what your husband is trying to avoid,it could be that you placed more importance to your friend than your husband,infact that is rediculous.You better go and apologise to your husband,let him know that you value him more than anybody.Such statement could be detrimental to your marriage in the near future.I hope if you humble your self and apply wisdom,the mistake could still be corrected.Ignore any advice telling you to go ruggerhead with your husband on this issue,it is not an issue to dismantle your marriage.I bet you if you treat this issue carefully with respect,he would one one day let go off you and your friend.It happened to me,thats men for you.I wish you good luck.
Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Have An Friend by Iyoaye1(f): 10:04pm On Aug 19, 2012
Try to be smart,men are always like that.Or maybe ur hubby is fucking ur friend and his tryn to hid it from u.Dnt get me wrong pls, I said maybe.
Men are not to be trusted.
Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Have An Friend by Mma4luv(f): 3:29am On Aug 20, 2012
I hav apologist to him and we are fine now. Thanks to ur addvices.
Re: My Husband Does Not Want Me To Have An Friend by victorian(f): 11:53am On Aug 20, 2012
smart answer wink...End of thread.

(1) (Reply)

Do Women Cause Their Men To Hit Them? / Why Do Some Married Men Watch P*rn? / 12 Points For Wives To Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.