Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? (19050 Views)

Atheists, What Will It Feel Like If Heaven And Hell Actually Exists? / Pastor Adeboye Was Afraid To Die On Nigeria Airways Flight / If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 20, 2012
Joagbaje:

To start with a christian cannot make impact in his death. It's only the living who can serve God. Every christian has a purpose to fulfill, he must stay Alive to fulfill it.its only a man who has no purpose that will be eager to die. Secondly ,heaven is only a temporary abode ,just for 7years. Our permanent abode is earth.

Hey bro. Jo, I agree with you , not sure though about the 7 years in Heaven bit grin
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 20, 2012
The truth is most of those who scream the name of our Lord when death is nigh are normally atheists , agnostics and professing church goers !!
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Emusan(m): 10:02am On Aug 20, 2012
Try to be specific! Which kind death? is it lik BH bombng, jump over bridge lik Ton scott, died in prison lik clifford orji, or eat apple lik abacha. I lik to knw?
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by donchelsea: 10:08am On Aug 20, 2012
Why don't die and go to heaven are u not a christian?
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by ds700(m): 10:08am On Aug 20, 2012
Getting oneself killed carelessly or committing suicide is also a sin that will denial one from getting to heaven.
CHRISTIANS ARE NOT ACTUALLY AFRAID TO DIE PER SE BUT WON'T FOSTER THEIR DEATHS.... OKAY

Islam so much noise about peace yet restless as their founder ISHMAEL.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 20, 2012
Emusan: Try to be specific! Which kind death? is it lik BH bombng, jump over bridge lik Ton scott, died in prison lik clifford orji, or eat apple lik abacha. I lik to knw?
i feel this is a good question to help clarify the op kwetion and appropriate answers will be further given

@ismhab ASK US what? To die like a suicide bomber or what?
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by F00028: 10:11am On Aug 20, 2012
frosbel:

How utterly silly your assessment.

Who wants to die now ?...
[quote][/quote]

how utterly silly your response.

if you believe in "run its course" why would you regard death as a "rude interruption"? whenever death approaches then that life has run its course whether it's your mother or child.

how can you want to live out your life span when no one can determine long that life span is?
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Bella3(f): 10:15am On Aug 20, 2012
ismhab: ASKED THEM.
asked them? Waec english F9

1 Like

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by ismokeweed1(f): 10:15am On Aug 20, 2012
plaetton: ^^^
The implications are staggering.
By simple arithmetic,If we assume just for this purpose, that at any given generation(50yrs) on earth, that at least 2 billion people die, that would 2 billion x 40 generations since Jesus.

2 billion x 40 =80 billion.

So, to date, there are probably 80 billion souls waiting to be judged.

Wow.
Now if we stretch that to beyond the death of Jesus to , lets say, Adam and Eve , then you can just imagine how many souls are just waiting to be served, sorry, I mean judged.
Talk about bureaucratic nightmares.

the judgement day ain't sh1t to God as your figures & multiplication lead you to believe

a second to God is equal to a 'GAZILLION' decades in our worldly time, so yeah . . . Your argument sucks big time dude
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:16am On Aug 20, 2012
Must u die young or die b4 fulfilling ur good Earthly purpose cos u wan go Bannana Island 4 Heaven? Nobody wan kpain jor...
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Megabyts(m): 10:17am On Aug 20, 2012
This is one of the contradictions in the bible. Every bieng dies at thier appointed time.some during birth,som die as todler, some at adolescent and some at old age. there is nothing like 'dying before ones time'
Omo Alata: [size=14pt]Ecclesiastes 7:17[/size]

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Be not over much wicked, neither be thou foolish: why shouldest thou die before thy time?

New International Version (©1984)
Do not be overwicked, and do not be a fool--why die before your time?

If you die before your time, you are a FOOL. And what does the Bible say about the fools?

A fool takes no pleasure in understanding wink

fools despise wisdom and instruction wink

A fool's lips walk into a fight wink

A fool gives full vent to his spirit wink
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by ismokeweed1(f): 10:20am On Aug 20, 2012
F00028:

if you believe in "run its course" why would you regard death as a "rude interruption"? whenever death approaches then that life has run its course whether it's your mother or child.

how can you want to live out your life span when no one can determine long that life span is?

heaven is for us all and getting there is really easy, live a good life and then LET DEATH COME TO YOU instead of YOU GOING TO DEATH

you see . . . its just like A B C right?
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by TheDefender: 10:26am On Aug 20, 2012
There are many reasons, some are afraid to leave their children suffer. Another one is Jesus said no unrighteous person will go to heaven, so some are not sure of their stand in holiness. People who are really sure of their stand are not afraid.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by crackhouse(m): 10:27am On Aug 20, 2012
Flashaldrin: I mean like, heaven has been described as a very beautiful place, with angels, mansions, gold, unimaginable riches and wealth, and even God himself.
I would then imagine that every christian would like to die and go to that beautiful place, i mean they should be really impatient about going there, but the reverse is the case. I see many christians sooo afraid of death, always praying hard for long life and all that. When thay get sick you see them all jittery and panicky as if they dont believe in the kain heaven.
Even muslims are better off, atleast they have suicide bombers and others but its hard to see a christian that will die for their faith.
I'm a christian but i dont understand. . .
keep on misunderstanding.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by F00028: 10:30am On Aug 20, 2012
ds700: Getting oneself killed...
actually the muslims have a better approach to this. God informs them (and they believe): they're on this plane, for a specific purpose, this life is temporary, death is certain, no one knows when etc.
so the faithful try to fulfil that purpose with whatever time they have and not waste it worrying about death .

1 Like

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 20, 2012
F00028:
actually the muslims have a better approach to this. God informs them (and they believe): they're on this plane, for a specific purpose, this life is temporary, death is certain, no one knows when etc.
so the faithful try to fulfil that purpose with whatever time they have and not waste it worrying about death .

Why do you just babble randomly about what you aint got a clue about.

Ignorance is not something to be proud of.

The bible is replete with verses stating the shortness and temporal nature of life.

"Man born of woman is of few days and full of trouble" - Job 14:1

Psalm 89:47 Remember how fleeting is my life. For what futility you have created all men!

Ecclesiastes 2:23 All his days his work is pain and grief; even at night his mind does not rest. This too is meaningless.

James 4:14 - Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

Next time do some reading !
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 20, 2012
F00028:

Run it's course means until such a time as when God decides your time is up or when you destroy yourself though drugs , alcohol or any other related vice.

In other words our life span is determined by how we live our lives here on earth in combination with natural and uncertain circumstances.

However, no one goes looking for death, only a FOOL will think otherwise.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by aktolly54(m): 10:43am On Aug 20, 2012
@OP you answer the question first?are you afraid to die?
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Bandy10: 10:48am On Aug 20, 2012
Heaven and Hell exist only on the mindss of those who think so.No heaven or hell exist in the first instance

2 Likes

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Yahoo1(m): 10:51am On Aug 20, 2012
Flashaldrin: I mean like, heaven has been described as a very beautiful place, with angels, mansions, gold, unimaginable riches and wealth, and even God himself.
I would then imagine that every christian would like to die and go to that beautiful place, i mean they should be really impatient about going there, but the reverse is the case. I see many christians sooo afraid of death, always praying hard for long life and all that. When thay get sick you see them all jittery and panicky as if they dont believe in the kain heaven.
Even muslims are better off, atleast they have suicide bombers and others but its hard to see a christian that will die for their faith.
I'm a christian but i dont understand. . .
no you arent a christian,if you are,you would already know that;In every religion,there must be hypocrites. And then you even go on to say muslims are better off! Huh? Are you kidding me? So because there are suicide bombers in muslims,that makes suicide right? Thank God u said 'suicide'.....are you telling me muslims dont go to hospital when they are sick? Not everybody is willing to die for their faith;thats one of the reasons they are called hypocrites!...Suicide is a sin,i bet you dont know that,do you? Stop asking questions you already know the answer.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by F00028: 10:58am On Aug 20, 2012
frosbel:

if that's the case why do the bible belivers fear it so?
maybe they take their cue from the biblical Jesus who did all he could to avoid his crucifixion (even though that's is alleged purpose on earth). and when it finally happened he saw it as a forsaking.

next time do some thinking.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Yahoo1(m): 10:59am On Aug 20, 2012
mazaje: The fact that most christians will prefer to live here on earth than go to the imaginary heaven says they know its imaginary, imagine people praying to get well when they are sick instead of praying to die and go to heaven to enjoy the "goodies". . . .Instead of praying for each other to die and go to heaven they keep praying for longer lives here on earth. . .Delusion at its best. . .
with that mindset i dont think you will ever know the meaning of reality. Its people like you who find satisfaction in religious conflict.if u arent a christian,then go ask a real born again christian to explain to you better before commenting. Do u think Go created humanity to worship and pray for death?...just look at what you are saying!
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Ibukune(m): 11:02am On Aug 20, 2012
So why did God not keep us in heaven, why did he create us? Isn't it for a reason?think outside d box my broda
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by F00028: 11:02am On Aug 20, 2012
frosbel:

Run it's course means until such a time as when God decides your time is up or when you destroy yourself though drugs , alcohol or any other related vice.

In other words our life span is determined by how we live our lives here on earth in combination with natural and uncertain circumstances.

However, no one goes looking for death, only a FOOL will think otherwise.

we do agree on one thing: only a FOOL will go looking for death.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Yahoo1(m): 11:04am On Aug 20, 2012
plaetton: ^^^
The implications are staggering.
By simple arithmetic,If we assume just for this purpose, that at any given generation(50yrs) on earth, that at least 2 billion people die, that would 2 billion x 40 generations since Jesus.

2 billion x 40 =80 billion.

So, to date, there are probably 80 billion souls waiting to be judged.

Wow.
Now if we stretch that to beyond the death of Jesus to , lets say, Adam and Eve , then you can just imagine how many souls are just waiting to be served, sorry, I mean judged.
Talk about bureaucratic nightmares.
...no one knows whats really going on......has the person you are reffering to died before?....you muslims or which ever religion u are into who commit suicide or kill bc you are sure that it will be rewarded when you die?...where are you headed? And what do you belive?
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by deols(f): 11:08am On Aug 20, 2012
frosbel:

Yes !

I have kids I train at school , wife who needs my support and extended family members to assist , but most importantly perishing souls to reach with the gospel.

Also , since the dead are indeed dead and nothing happens till judgement day , why would I or my Christian brethren not want to live out our life span and achieve the aforementioned.

I want to live to 100 if God permits, however when the time comes sobeit , I fear not one iota.

It is sinners that should be worried and fearful of death , seeing that they have no hope and will be damned without salvation in Christ Jesus.

SO u tag others sinners while u'r not?
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Yahoo1(m): 11:08am On Aug 20, 2012
donchelsea: Why don't die and go to heaven are u not a christian?
no i dont think he/she is one,just one of those pegans trying to get attention.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Yahoo1(m): 11:14am On Aug 20, 2012
F00028:
...i thank God you just said d ''FAITHFUL''.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by deols(f): 11:17am On Aug 20, 2012
pro01: That's because most "Christians" are motivated only by earthly rewards - wealth, success, good health, good spuse, etc. That's the whole basis for their belief in God and prayers to Him. The concept of Heaven is not as attractive to them as an earthly life filled with comforts and other rewards. This is mostly because, at the back of their minds - somewhere deep in their subconsciousness, they are not really sure whether Heaven exists or not.

there's nothing wrong with seeking the world while you are still there. it becomes a problem when you seek it at the expense of the hereafter. if only pastors would preach more of the things that take you to heaven rather than hammering on 'heavens on earth'?
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by sambos994(m): 11:18am On Aug 20, 2012
The reason why christians are afraid to die is because they believe God has plans for them. If they live to old age....they're not really afraid. But christians believe God is not "done" with them yet.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by deols(f): 11:21am On Aug 20, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
WHY DONT CHRISTIANS JUST KILL THEMSELVES AND GO TO HEAVEN!!!!!! ALSO THE MUSLIMS!!!!!!

so we Pagans can live freely in this world with animals and plants.

why are you called a higher animal if u'd keep comparing yourself with the lower ones. Before you know it, they'd be wiser than you and a low self esteem while living amonglike them would make you wish you never existed angry
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by redsun(m): 11:21am On Aug 20, 2012
Those christians that managed to scam others and spends the blood spoils living exotically,like dem oyedepo,tb joshua and adeboye are in heaven.While those christians that pays the tithes and offerings,living in face me,i face you houses,with deplorable sanitations and water system,pepertual NEPA blackout are in hell.

As you make your bed,so you lie on it.Live fo;oolishly,you will die fo;olishly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which One Came To Nigeria First Islam Or Christianity? / Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible / Why You Must Make 2019 A Year Of Sexual Chastity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.