Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? (19058 Views)

Atheists, What Will It Feel Like If Heaven And Hell Actually Exists? / Pastor Adeboye Was Afraid To Die On Nigeria Airways Flight / If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by isquar3d3(m): 11:31am On Aug 20, 2012
people and their different interpretations. Whilst not trying 2 derail dis thread, i think guys should limit trying to tell us what their views of heaven and the afterlife are. Frosbel is saying 1 thing, Jo anoda. Back up words wit proof abeg.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Emmy9ite(m): 11:32am On Aug 20, 2012
frosbel:

How utterly silly your assessment.

Who wants to die now ? Have you heard of the phrase let it 'run it's course' , everyone has a life span on this earth , they have families, commitments, missions and agendas, death is a rude interruption to these , but should not be a worry for many a Christian.

Why would a mother want to die now considering that she has children who need her nurturing and guidance , or why will a father want to die when he is the bread winner of his family, can you imagine how foolish how silly your reasoning sounds.

Besides no one goes to heaven or hell when they die , they ( the dead ) are all awaiting the final day of judgement when their destinations will be determined.

There is a difference between wanting to live out your span here on earth and the fear of death.
End of discussion
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by henryboff(m): 11:37am On Aug 20, 2012
It is one thing to be afraid of death and a completely different thing to want to stay alive. If someone is eager to die just because he wants to go to heaven, then that to me is the height of selfishness. What happens to the responsibility that such a person leaves behind (maybe a kid or something like that)?
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by lynxpro(m): 11:38am On Aug 20, 2012
Death was not meant to be joyful experience, otherwise God would not have pronounced it a punishment for Adam's disobedience and hence every human repulses death, including the 'suicide bombers'. But then, over the ages, Christians have died for the faith and many have done so too in recent times.

@OP will you gladly cut yourself with a knife? Afterall the wound will heal eventually! So it is with death.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 20, 2012
Religion has no clue what happens when we die. The fear of the unknown is what makes the uninitiated afraid. But for few of us who have visited existence beyond the veil while still in this physical body, We conquer all, and we fear nothing.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by OLASODE2K: 11:39am On Aug 20, 2012
i am a moslem. the truth is that suicide, whatever under guise, is one of the most serious sins God and islam is really against. hence, u can never see a real and true moslem strapping himself up with suicide vest to commit suicide and kill others. however, we moslems are less afraid of dying because islam is a non materialistic religion unlike christianity and judaism. even islam makes us to understand and see every next 5mins as bonus time on earth. aside from these, most moslems know implicitly of wat they events and experiences that they would experience less than 24hrs after death. but most christians have no real idea. then would u blame them if they are too lukewarm to die for anything? no. when even most pastors fully concentrate on how to guide and educate their flocks on how to achieve material success while relegating to the backburners how to make heavens unlike the moslem clerics.

1 Like

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by deols(f): 11:41am On Aug 20, 2012
Flashaldrin:
where are they doing the waiting?

there is life in the grave.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by OLASODE2K: 11:42am On Aug 20, 2012
would then blame the flocks being reluctant to die when they are are not spiritually prepared to meet their Maker one day?
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by kutchs: 11:43am On Aug 20, 2012
Flashaldrin: I mean like, heaven has been described as a very beautiful place, with angels, mansions, gold, unimaginable riches and wealth, and even God himself.
I would then imagine that every christian would like to die and go to that beautiful place, i mean they should be really impatient about going there, but the reverse is the case. I see many christians sooo afraid of death, always praying hard for long life and all that. When thay get sick you see them all jittery and panicky as if they dont believe in the kain heaven.
Even muslims are better off, atleast they have suicide bombers and others but its hard to see a christian that will die for their faith.
I'm a christian but i dont understand. . .
What is ur concern really, is it why Xtians are afraid to die or why they do not want to die for their faith? I believe you know they dont mean the same. Be explicit perhaps I may have an answer for you.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 20, 2012
OLASODE2K: i am a moslem. the truth is that suicide, whatever under guise, is one of the most serious sins God and islam is really against. hence, u can never see a real and true moslem strapping himself up with suicide vest to commit suicide and kill others. however, we moslems are less afraid of dying because islam is a non materialistic religion unlike christianity and judaism. even islam makes us to understand and see every next 5mins as bonus time on earth. aside from these, most moslems know implicitly of wat they events and experiences that they would experience less than 24hrs after death. but most christians have no real idea. then would u blame them if they are too lukewarm to die for anything? no. when even most pastors fully concentrate on how to guide and educate their flocks on how to achieve material success while relegating to the backburners how to make heavens unlike the moslem clerics.
The vanity of materialism is what drives people into suicides, and Islam teaches that materialism is vane. And for the teaching that each 5 minutes is a bonus. This is pro-suicide in all sincerity. The events 24hrs after we die are merely the remnants of mind activities after brain-dead. It is very predictable what happens then, you dont need religion to tell you about the bright lights and the sounds and sights of limbo on pre-projection stage. If you call that a spiritual insight from Islam, I will advise you read beyond the Koran. Dogma is anti-growth, read more.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by deols(f): 11:49am On Aug 20, 2012
Emusan: Try to be specific! Which kind death? is it lik BH bombng, jump over bridge lik Ton scott, died in prison lik clifford orji, or eat apple lik abacha. I lik to knw?

DO all of the pple above sound like they were afraiid to die?
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by deols(f): 11:50am On Aug 20, 2012
ds700: Getting oneself killed carelessly or committing suicide is also a sin that will denial one from getting to heaven.
CHRISTIANS ARE NOT ACTUALLY AFRAID TO DIE PER SE BUT WON'T FOSTER THEIR DEATHS.... OKAY

Islam so much noise about peace yet restless as their founder ISHMAEL.

you always try to bring islam into your discussions whereas you know close to nothing about it.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by deols(f): 11:54am On Aug 20, 2012
F00028:

how utterly silly your response.

if you believe in "run its course" why would you regard death as a "rude interruption"? whenever death approaches then that life has run its course whether it's your mother or child.

how can you want to live out your life span when no one can determine long that life span is?

I was wondering what the determinants of lifespan are too?

I have heard christians believe it is 70 years and any death before then is by the devil. That is like giving the attributes of God to it(devil) and cant be true.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by deols(f): 11:56am On Aug 20, 2012
Megabyts: This is one of the contradictions in the bible. Every bieng dies at thier appointed time.some during birth,som die as todler, some at adolescent and some at old age. there is nothing like 'dying before ones time'

that in bold is exactly the truth.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by kama1210: 11:57am On Aug 20, 2012
The wages of sin is death.

A born again Christian do not die. When you sleep and don't wake up does not mean death. Death is a recompense for sin, while everlasting life is for Righteousness. Sinners die while Born again Christians sleep. What we call death at the context of true christian is a medium of passage to meet wit God. It is not death when a Christian do not wake up. Those who fear may be having something hidden inside they know may avert the feel of heaven.1 Corinthians 15:54-57 Then, when our dying bodies
have been transformed into
bodies that will never die, this
Scripture will be fulfilled:
“Death is swallowed up in
victory. O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?”
For sin is the sting that results
in death, and the law gives sin
its power. But thank God! He
gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus
Christ. (NLT)

John 14:1-3 "Do not let your hearts be
troubled. Trust in God; trust
also in me. In my Father's house
are many rooms; if it were not
so, I would have told you. I am
going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and
prepare a place for you, I will
come back and take you to be
with me that you also may be
where I am." (NIV

I think i've answered the question on the reality of heaven. It's ur choice.

For your prophetic prayer or counseling contact::
revelationministryint@gmail.com
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by deols(f): 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2012
F00028:
actually the muslims have a better approach to this. God informs them (and they believe): they're on this plane, for a specific purpose, this life is temporary, death is certain, no one knows when etc.
so the faithful try to fulfil that purpose with whatever time they have and not waste it worrying about death .

You are so right. The life of a Muslim, including eating, drinking and walking is to attain that other purpose- the hereafter.

that is why you hear things as Islam is a way of life. A life leading you into eternal blisssss
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by deols(f): 12:03pm On Aug 20, 2012
frosbel:

Run it's course means until such a time as when God decides your time is up or when you destroy yourself though drugs , alcohol or any other related vice.

In other words our life span is determined by how we live our lives here on earth in combination with natural and uncertain circumstances.

However, no one goes looking for death, only a FOOL will think otherwise.

Anyone who doesnt think like you is a fool. very typical of the nonsinners.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by denitro(m): 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2012
Because the human body is designed with earthly material.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2012
deols:

Anyone who doesnt think like you is a fool. very typical of the nonsinners.

I always knew you were biased towards me but this is just plain silly.

Who did I call a fool ?

I said anyone who goes looking for death is a FOOL , or do you mean that Jihad warriors who want to die in fighting are wise ?
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by deols(f): 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2012
Yahoo1: no you arent a christian,if you are,you would already know that;In every religion,there must be hypocrites. And then you even go on to say muslims are better off! Huh? Are you kidding me? So because there are suicide bombers in muslims,that makes suicide right? Thank God u said 'suicide'.....are you telling me muslims dont go to hospital when they are sick? Not everybody is willing to die for their faith;thats one of the reasons they are called hypocrites!...Suicide is a sin,i bet you dont know that,do you? Stop asking questions you already know the answer.

No need getting so emotional. I also can feel the feeble nature of the average Christian. you can even tell it here on nairaland. There is this feeling of fear and the 'We cant be losing this argument' nature. it calls for a lot of questioning. This guy is simply airing his thoughts. it doesnt necessarily make him a hypocrite

1 Like

Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Gwazah(m): 12:09pm On Aug 20, 2012
@postal u are a stupid christian DONT U KNOW DAT HE WHO KILL HIM SELF WIL NOT SEE HEVEN? Y MUST CHRISTIAN TAKE BOMB? 2 DO WAT WIT IT? our GOD has divine punishment so no need 4us 2 punish. If there is way 2 save ur self do so but u can't stand nd be waiting 4 dead, dat is killing ur self.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by deols(f): 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2012
frosbel:

I always knew you were biased towards me but this is just plain silly.

Who did I call a fool ?

I said anyone who goes looking for death is a FOOL , or do you mean that Jihad warriors who want to die in fighting are wise ?

the word fool has become very synonymous with you. Pardon my error. I am used to you using that term while referring to people you don't agree with. It is still very typical of you grin
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by deols(f): 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2012
Yahoo1: ...no one knows whats really going on......has the person you are reffering to died before?....you muslims or which ever religion u are into who commit suicide or kill bc you are sure that it will be rewarded when you die?...where are you headed? And what do you belive?

always ready to put the blame on Muslims. Did you pause to think at all?
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by searay(m): 12:16pm On Aug 20, 2012
Death is not the only path to heaven. Not everybody will experience death.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Bella3(f): 12:19pm On Aug 20, 2012
Megabyts: This is one of the contradictions in the bible. Every bieng dies at thier appointed time.some during birth,som die as todler, some at adolescent and some at old age. there is nothing like 'dying before ones time'
when hezekiah was told he wil die, he interceded and God added 15 more yrs, you gat it?
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by deols(f): 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2012
Billyonaire: Religion has no clue what happens when we die. The fear of the unknown is what makes the uninitiated afraid. But for few of us who have visited existence beyond the veil while still in this physical body, We conquer all, and we fear nothing.

like religion is human

and you'r sure of ur place in the sight of God? no wonder you are very abusive towards Muslims. Your God doesnt frown at that I suppose?

the initiations that make you become proud and unreasonably abusive.

you must be feeling fly until it dawns on you

keep lying to urself.

#each line refers to a boldened statement.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by deols(f): 12:25pm On Aug 20, 2012
OLASODE2K: i am a moslem. the truth is that suicide, whatever under guise, is one of the most serious sins God and islam is really against. hence, u can never see a real and true moslem strapping himself up with suicide vest to commit suicide and kill others. however, we moslems are less afraid of dying because islam is a non materialistic religion unlike christianity and judaism. even islam makes us to understand and see every next 5mins as bonus time on earth. aside from these, most moslems know implicitly of wat they events and experiences that they would experience less than 24hrs after death. but most christians have no real idea. then would u blame them if they are too lukewarm to die for anything? no. when even most pastors fully concentrate on how to guide and educate their flocks on how to achieve material success while relegating to the backburners how to make heavens unlike the moslem clerics.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 20, 2012
deols:

the word fool has become very synonymous with you. Pardon my error. I am used to you using that term while referring to people you don't agree with. It is still very typical of you grin

Actually you have just told a lie with the intention of tarnishing my image.

I only quoted the bible where it said , the FOOL says in his heart that there is no GOD.

I never called or referred to any Muslim as a FOOL.

Please get your facts right.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by OLASODE2K: 12:29pm On Aug 20, 2012
billyonaire, the essence of seeing the next 5mins as bonus on earth is for u to always do good and always prepare ur mind both physically, psychologically and spritually to meet ur Lord. this is best achieved, according from islam, by striving hard to avoid any sins, putting ur household in such order as to when u die prematurely it wouldnt devastating effects on those u leave behind, etc. how can a religion that teaches us that any moslem who commits suicide under whatever guise or reason is an automatic candidate for hell be a pro suicide as u mentioned my friend? it went on to explain that anybody who commit suicide, will suffer severe pains from the part of his body which he he shot or bombed from the day he killed himself till the day of jugdement when God will dispatch him to hell. my friend, pls kindly teach the whole house wat happens to man after death most especially ur pre projection stage.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by shedraq1: 12:33pm On Aug 20, 2012

Dangote is a moslem why not ask him to come and give you all his wealth,the princes and sheiks(real moslems) in saudi,dubai,uae,kuwait.qatar and oman own oil wells and have mosques, why don't you go and tell them that islam is against materialism and they should give their riches to you and your impoverished moslem brothers in kano...you are quick to pick on xtians,just like your misgiuded and deranged boko haram brothers are killing innocent xtians
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by deols(f): 12:33pm On Aug 20, 2012
Billyonaire: The vanity of materialism is what drives people into suicides, and Islam teaches that materialism is vane. And for the teaching that each 5 minutes is a bonus. This is pro-suicide in all sincerity. The events 24hrs after we die are merely the remnants of mind activities after brain-dead. It is very predictable what happens then, you dont need religion to tell you about the bright lights and the sounds and sights of limbo on pre-projection stage. If you call that a spiritual insight from Islam, I will advise you read beyond the Koran. Dogma is anti-growth, read more.

because you once died, you know what he means? he who knows not but thinks he knows. Stop trying to tell Muslims what Islam is. thank you.
Re: If Heaven Is Real Why Are Christians Afraid To Die?? by redsun(m): 12:34pm On Aug 20, 2012
OLASODE2K: billyonaire, the essence of seeing the next 5mins as bonus on earth is for u to always do good and always prepare ur mind both physically, psychologically and spritually to meet ur Lord. this is best achieved, according from islam, by striving hard to avoid any sins, putting ur household in such order as to when u die prematurely it wouldnt devastating effects on those u leave behind, etc. how can a religion that teaches us that any moslem who commits suicide under whatever guise or reason is an automatic candidate for hell be a pro suicide as u mentioned my friend? it went on to explain that anybody who commit suicide, will suffer severe pains from the part of his body which he he shot or bombed from the day he killed himself till the day of jugdement when God will dispatch him to hell. my friend, pls kindly teach the whole house wat happens to man after death most especially ur pre projection stage.

THe only pain he will suffer is at the point of impact,after that it is all darkness and pieces of organic waste.Saved from his miseries for etenity and never to be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why You Must Make 2019 A Year Of Sexual Chastity / Aloysius Ikegwuonu "Bishop" Invited By Police Over Ozubulu Killings / Reasons Why The Apocrypha Does Not Belong In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.