Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,715 members, 7,802,162 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group (13677 Views)

The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri / 15 Most Expensive Hotel Rooms In Nigeria / Accra - 2nd Most Livable City In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by babyboy3(m): 3:02pm On Aug 20, 2012
a hotel room in Lagos cost an average of £217.05.

15. The Presidential Suite, InterContinental, Hong Kong

US$13,715 per night

14. The Sultan’s Suite, Çirağan Palace Kempinski, Istanbul

US$15,332 per night

13. Ritz-Carlton Suite, Ritz-Carlton, Moscow

US$18,000 per night

12. Royal Suite, Burj Al Arab, Dubai

US$18,716 per night

11. Royal Suite, Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris

US$24,550 per night

10. Royal Towers Bridge Suite, Atlantis, Bahamas

US$25,000 per night

9. Ritz-Carlton Suite, Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo

US$26,300 per night

8. Villa La Cupola Suite, Westin Excelsior, Rome

US$30,000 per night

7. Presidential Suite, Hotel Cala di Volpe, Sardinia, Italy

US$32,736 per night

6. The Royal Villa, Grand Resort Lagonissi, Athens

US$34,356 per night

5. Hugh Hefner Sky Villa Palms Resort, Las Vegas

US$35,487 per night

4. Penthouse Suite, Hotel Martinez, Cannes, France

US$37,500 per night

3. Ty Warner Penthouse Suite, Four Seasons Hotel, New York

US$41,836 per night

2. The Presidential Suite, The Raj Palace Hotel, Jaipur, India

US$45,000 per night

1. Royal Penthouse Suite, Hotel President Wilson, Geneva

US$65,000 per night
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by drshrewd: 3:03pm On Aug 20, 2012
whaoo! shocked
it is time to start building my own 5-star hotel wink
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 20, 2012
Am sure, Abuja Hotels were not considered.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2012
Nigeria is the only place in the world where what your pay is not commensurate to the service you get. Some of these hotels are no better than bread and breakfasts
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 20, 2012
maninmood:

So only the emboldened goes for 28k in Lagos? You'd better get your priority right and stop fooling yourself. I can list hotels that charge that amount for their 'standard rooms'. Go to opebi, Ikoyi, many others in Lekki phase 1, magodo, etc. You're a mongrel that jumps at every thread to display your inane foolishness.
Retract your insult or you will be dealt with.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by greall1: 3:14pm On Aug 20, 2012
How about Charaton hotel.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by HighChief4(m): 3:18pm On Aug 20, 2012
Billyonaire:
GUY, This is Home Gate Hotel in Lekki Phase 1. I love the beds in home gate and rooms have good lighting. But its one of the cheapest at average of $200 per night. Its a good comparison in terms of the price but not by infrastructure. Uproot that Dubai Hotel to Nigeria, am sure it will be $1000 per night.

Am sure why most hotels are very expensive is just mainly because they had to generate their own power all day, pump water et al. So all these reflect on the amounts they charge. Nigeria should fix stable electricity and they will see the positive ripple effects in so many sectors.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2012
High_Chief:

Am sure why most hotels are very expensive is just mainly because they had to generate their own power all day, pump water et al. So all these reflect on the amounts they charge. Nigeria should fix stable electricity and they will see the positive ripple effects in so many sectors.
You are so right. You need the power plants used by Eco Hotel, Four Point and Oriental.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by plendil: 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2012
dejustice: Am sure, Abuja Hotels were not considered.

I don't think so. apart from transorp hilton, and perhaps bolton white, Abuja does not really have five star hotels. the reason is not far fetched: Abuja is made up of mainly of salary earning civil servants, the type of people unlikely to patronize those hotels with cut throat prices.

but in lagos, you have businessmen, oil tycoons, etc, guys with money to burn.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by oladapoa1(m): 3:56pm On Aug 20, 2012
lols who says they dont earn much? U guys are right though with those who are discipline
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by oladapoa1(m): 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2012
baby-boy:

15. The Presidential Suite, InterContinental, Hong Kong

US$13,715 per night

14. The Sultan’s Suite, Çirağan Palace Kempinski, Istanbul

US$15,332 per night

13. Ritz-Carlton Suite, Ritz-Carlton, Moscow

US$18,000 per night

12. Royal Suite, Burj Al Arab, Dubai

US$18,716 per night

11. Royal Suite, Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris

US$24,550 per night

10. Royal Towers Bridge Suite, Atlantis, Bahamas

US$25,000 per night

9. Ritz-Carlton Suite, Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo

US$26,300 per night

8. Villa La Cupola Suite, Westin Excelsior, Rome

US$30,000 per night

7. Presidential Suite, Hotel Cala di Volpe, Sardinia, Italy

US$32,736 per night

6. The Royal Villa, Grand Resort Lagonissi, Athens

US$34,356 per night

5. Hugh Hefner Sky Villa Palms Resort, Las Vegas

US$35,487 per night

4. Penthouse Suite, Hotel Martinez, Cannes, France

US$37,500 per night

3. Ty Warner Penthouse Suite, Four Seasons Hotel, New York

US$41,836 per night

2. The Presidential Suite, The Raj Palace Hotel, Jaipur, India

US$45,000 per night

1. Royal Penthouse Suite, Hotel President Wilson, Geneva

US$65,000 per night

. Simple comprehension its not just a hotel in a city, its average of hotels in a city

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by jpphilips(m): 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2012
Chidex2442: Dat is why i like calabar, here with N3500 u can get a good hotel attached with a commercial sex worker (ASHAWO) as value added services for a night! grin

u must be a paddy man to think that brothel rooms are standard rooms, no standard hotel in the heart of calabar cost that little, except you forgot to say 'outskirts' of calabar, students areas and tinapa areas.
Inside calite city, its not possible
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by occam(m): 4:29pm On Aug 20, 2012
High_Chief:

Not the only reason. Nigerian business people expect very quick return on investment. Businessmen are not investing for the long term; they want to recoup their money quickly due to the high risk of doing business in Nigeria

People setting up schools do the same. They pack all the costs upfront by charging exorbitant prices. it's short-term mindset.

Given higher labour costs and taxes in UK./U.S.A vs Nigeria the cost of running a hotel should be significantly lower. Plus hotels over there pay heating costs and Labour is unionized too.

Staying in a hotel in Nigeria is just a rip off. simple

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by doctokwus: 4:48pm On Aug 20, 2012
oyb: stolen oil money and greed for instant returns

same reason for the insane cost of land
I thought I was d only one dat has seen dat d hyper inflated cost of land& houses in nigeria is simply bc of stupendous ill gotten wealth acquired by politicians & corrupt govt officials.Nigeria's economy is a paradox
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by Nurudeen390: 5:06pm On Aug 20, 2012
Somtimes nairaland headlines doesnt makes sence
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by occam(m): 5:07pm On Aug 20, 2012
doctokwus:
I thought I was d only one dat has seen dat d hyper inflated cost of land& houses in nigeria is simply bc of stupendous ill gotten wealth acquired by politicians & corrupt govt officials.Nigeria's economy is a paradox

Another factor to consider. Corrupt politicians who do not care how much they pay per night so this will keep prices very high. Some even have permanent rooms in Abuja hotels
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by 76Naira(m): 5:20pm On Aug 20, 2012
Rip off for medium to low quality.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by aribisala0(m): 5:42pm On Aug 20, 2012
Billyonaire: Lagos Hotels. I thought Lagos Hotels were the most expensive. So we are second. The facilities are world class. Lagos happens to be the best City to enjoy money in terms of cash and carry enjoyment. And [b]no comfortable Nigerian lives abroad.[/b] Except those who are expatriates and need to work for 20 yrs to be able to afford a terrace duplex in the Lekki, Ikoyi and Victoria Island. I love Lagos, home and homely.

how long do those living in Nigeria have to work for the same thing (terrace duplex in Lekki) 20 months?

How many out of 140 million Nigerians live in Lekki,Ikoyi and Victoria Island
Last time I checked Hakeem Olajuwon,Deinde Fernandez, Finidi George,Chinua Achebe were Nigerian but they don't live in Nigeria Neither does Ben Okri nor Buchi Emecheta .

If you have to live in those 3 places to be comfortable something is wrong. Why can't you be comfortable in Aba or Onitsha or Agege.

No the facilities are NOT world class : frequent power cuts,poor on no internet access and cluless staff. I have stayed at four Sheraton Hotels The one in Lagos was the most Expensive though I must be fair and say comparable to the others but not the best.
I am not sure what cash and carry enjoyment means but honestly Lagos has nothing to offer .

Put it like this if I was not Nigerian ,having gone to Nigeria once. I would NEVER go there again. That is the current reality which can change but the starting point for that change is to remove all self deception.

Can you go and watch any sports activity of interest live e.g football Basketball etc no
Any decents sporting facilities No
Theatre No
Public Transport No
Water transport or water sports no
Decent beaches NO
Facilities in Egypt ,Tunisia Madagascar and South Africa are a whole lot better than Lagos and No I would not even widen it beyond Africa because that would just be delusional.
To say our hotels are expensive is not a thing of pride in the same was as it is for Geneva ; Switzerland is rich and Nigeria is impoverished. Most hotels rooms are paid for in Nigeria not by Holiday makers(Maybe Nigerian holiday makers) .Oh NO!!! but by Multinationals for expatriates of dubious qualifications on 8 times the international salary rate because no one wants to come except for pay.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by aribisala0(m): 5:58pm On Aug 20, 2012
High_Chief:

Partially true but hotels are cheaper in Ondo so there is a demand and supply issue. There has been little investment in quality hotels in Lagos. Miami with a population of 2-3 million has almost a dozen Sheratons not to mention others
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by olivertwist: 6:17pm On Aug 20, 2012
oladapo_a1: . Simple comprehension its not just a hotel in a city, its average of hotels in a city

Thanks my bro. People don't really take time to read before hitting their keys.

A recent research by the Hogg Robinson Group (HRG) has ranked hotels in Lagos as the second most expensive in the world behind Moscow, which oligarchs and bling reputation, pushed to first on the ranking.

According to the results of a poll conducted in 50 cities worldwide, a hotel room in Lagos cost [b]an average [/b]of £217.05.

Keywords highlighted.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by MacLovington(m): 7:09pm On Aug 20, 2012
Why do you waste your breath on a person like Billyonaire or whatever he calls himself. He's one of those fairly comfortable and dispises the less-privileged.
He always has a axe to grind with those abroad. He does it in every thread. He brags incessantly about how comfortable he is in the midst millions of impoverished people.
He likes to wallow in self-deceit in the midst of the monumental poverty around him.

I know of many people living in that same Nigeria who would have long died of diseases and poverty if not for their children/in-law/relatives abroad.

He would make a typical corrupt, wasteful, hard-hearted and unrepentant Nigerian politician.

aribisala0:

how long do those living in Nigeria have to work for the same thing (terrace duplex in Lekki) 20 months?

Last time I checked Hakeem Olajuwon,Deinde Fernandez, Finidi George,Chinua Achebe were Nigerian but they don't live in Nigeria Neither does Ben Okri nor Buchi Emecheta .

If you have to live in those 3 places to be comfortable something is wrong. Why can't you be comfortable in Aba or Onitsha or Agege.

No the facilities are NOT world class : frequent power cuts,poor on no internet access and cluless staff. I have stayed at four Sheraton Hotels The one in Lagos was the most Expensive though I must be fair and say comparable to the others but not the best.
I am not sure what cash and carry enjoyment means but honestly Lagos has nothing to offer .

Put it like this if I was not Nigerian ,having gone to Nigeria once. I would NEVER go there again. That is the current reality which can change but the starting point for that change is to remove all self deception.

Can you go and watch any sports activity of interest live e.g football Basketball etc no
Theatre No
Public Transport No
Decent beaches NO
Facilities in Egypt ,Tunisia Madagascar and South Africa are a whole lot better than Lagos and No I would not even widen it beyond Africa because that would just be delusional.
To say our hotels are expensive is not a thing of pride in the same was as it is for Geneva ; Switzerland is rich and Nigeria is impoverished. Most hotels rooms are paid for in Nigeria not by Holiday makers(Maybe Nigerian holiday makers) .Oh NO!!! but by Multinationals for expatriates of dubious qualifications on 8 times the international salary rate because no one wants to come except for pay.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by MacLovington(m): 7:09pm On Aug 20, 2012
Why do you waste your breath on a person like Billyonaire or whatever he calls himself? He's one of those fairly comfortable and dispises the less-privileged.
He always has a axe to grind with those abroad. He does it in every thread. He brags incessantly about how comfortable he is in the midst millions of impoverished people.
He likes to wallow in self-deceit in the midst of the monumental poverty around him.

I know of many people living in that same Nigeria who would have long died of diseases and poverty if not for their children/in-law/relatives abroad.

He would make a typical corrupt, wasteful, hard-hearted and unrepentant Nigerian politician.

aribisala0:

Theatre No
Public Transport No
Decent beaches NO
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by ernestleon(m): 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2012
MacLovington: Why do you waste your breath on a person like Billyonaire or whatever he calls himself. He's one of those fairly comfortable and dispises the less-privileged.

well said...I still dont get it why some Nigerians back home mock Nigerians in diaspora.There are americans scathered everywhere,there are italians scathered all over the world,same as germans,french etc.Is it a crime if a few nigerians make use of the oppurtunities abroad in the quest to make Nigeria a better place collectively for their families and the society at large?
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by obailala(m): 8:09pm On Aug 20, 2012
dejustice: Am sure, Abuja Hotels were not considered.
Lagos hotels are generally more expensive

High_Chief:

The only reason why Nigerian hotels are expensive is cos, no matter how much the proprietors charge, Nigerians will still pay (just to show off wealth)

Politicians especially are not helping matters; if u go to transcorp in abuja today, u will be shocked to find out that over 60% of their rooms are PERMANENTLY BOOKED year-in-year-out by politicians who will most likely not even spend a single night there all year round. So as a hotel owner, what would u do when u know that the demand for ur product is not dependent on the price u fix??
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by aribisala0(m): 8:43pm On Aug 20, 2012
ernestleon:
well said...I still dont get it why some Nigerians back home mock Nigerians in diaspora.There are americans scathered everywhere,there are italians scathered all over the world,same as germans,french etc.Is it a crime if a few nigerians make use of the oppurtunities abroad in the quest to make Nigeria a better place collectively for their families and the society at large?
Maybe he needs to sneer to feel good about himself or to deal with deep insecurities who cares?. He speaks from the bounty of his thinking
How many Lagosians can afford to stay in Lagos Hotels
It is a fact that many people working abroad will need to work for 20 years to afford accommodation in Places like Lekki probably more than a lifetime for Ikoyi or Victoria Island that is a fact of life . The truth is their numbers are much fewer than those in Nigeria who have no hope of owning any kind of accommodation ever
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by GudluckIBB(m): 8:47pm On Aug 20, 2012
seedord247:

Na 3 i won type jareeee.... Even some motels can stand eko hotel. sad

I hope Eko hotel is not included in this rating.you see malams everywere inside eko hotel as if you are in idumota.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by Vergil: 9:13pm On Aug 20, 2012
Can't believe you lot are just realising this. Services in ETaP hotel in the UK beats some if not most services in the expensive hotels in Nigeria! Fact!

$150 for a single room. And they're doing big boy. Plzzz....as long as big boy, big girl is going on. Price go dey like that steady for naija.

Same with them olld men too, wey dey carry Dem RU z girls. Weting una dey call Dem sef..?
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by aribisala0(m): 9:23pm On Aug 20, 2012
GudluckIBB:

I hope Eko hotel is not included in this rating.you see malams everywere inside eko hotel as if you are in idumota.
Well so are most hotels in Dubai,Kuwait,Qatar and Jeddah grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by stevenson007: 10:49pm On Aug 20, 2012
manny4life: I'm not surprised, sounds about right.
thats Lasgidi for you!
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by Remii(m): 10:58pm On Aug 20, 2012
I think Angola is more expensive, budget hotel in Luanda is above $200, some hotels in Mozambique are even more expensive -$260 and there not even Internet in their rooms. Protea hotel at O. R Tambo jo'Burg is more than $300 per day. Africa is kinda generally expensive in terms of hotels.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by gator666: 11:13pm On Aug 20, 2012
Former deputy governor of Imo state used the (most expensive) presidential suite of Imo Concorde Hotel, Owerri, for well over 6 months straight, along with some 5 or 6 other rooms for her staff. And they did not pay a kobo for it. Cost? Some N18k for a double room, and about N70k for the presidential suite, per day.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by AjanleKoko: 11:15pm On Aug 20, 2012
This report can't possibly be correct.
In Lagos, there are maybe 8 or 9 brand hotels. The rest are locally-owned and run hotels.
In the Proteas, Southern Sun, Eko, Radisson, etc, the cost of a hotel room is around $300, not $200. The locally-run hotels average around $100, and there are many of them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

State With Highest Number Of Hotels And Indigenous Prostitutes In Nigeria / A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport / Giant Of Africa (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.