Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,770 members, 7,806,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group (13681 Views)

The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri / 15 Most Expensive Hotel Rooms In Nigeria / Accra - 2nd Most Livable City In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by gator666: 11:17pm On Aug 20, 2012
Usually, hotels have to pay:

1. All sorts of PR to PHCN officials, in order to get more power and to use the generators less...
2. To pay the police for protection
3. To pay PR to all sorts of government officials in order to avoid problems etc etc etc.

In Germany, for instance, any government official caught accepting gifts (not even talking of bribe) would not only lose the job but would also show up in court. Take, for instance, their now ex president. He was forced to resign after it has been discovered that his PhD project was, mostly, done by someone else etc etc etc.

As for high prices abroad, you absolutely can't compare what you get for (for example) $300 in Lagos and what you get for the same amount in Europe, Middle East, East Asia or North America.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by whiteroses(f): 11:30pm On Aug 20, 2012
Only lodged in a hotel twice in laG it was terryfying, the towel was shedding on my skin maybe na made in down town India, the kettle kept boiling and din't stop until i stopped it when i thought is this water still boiling ni? The iron burnt my shirt i blamed myself for not putting water in, then i put water in, I brought out another shirt and as I ironed all the water ran out of the iron and soaked my shirt angry When I asked for a drink they brought a bottled juice and called it wine shocked I thought only in Naija would a fruity smelling juice be bottled in a goldish designer bottle, why not box it like ribena -_- Then my sis locked herself out in the next room to mine, we called reception to bring a key she said alright coming soon no one came at all I had to go and get it. I then complained the receptionist said sorry, the other receptionist yimu at meshocked I said it is finished for naija oo LOL. But this hotel exterior and overall decor was on point I kept taking pictures I don't know why the substance na jagajaga
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by infolekan(m): 11:43pm On Aug 20, 2012
baby-boy:
What's the basis for these comparison?
You can't quote the price of the royal suite in Burj ajarab or the sultan suite in Istanbul & compare it to the price of a standard room here.
Wake up dude..you don't really ave to do this

15. The Presidential Suite, InterContinental, Hong Kong

US$13,715 per night

14. The Sultan’s Suite, Çirağan Palace Kempinski, Istanbul

US$15,332 per night

13. Ritz-Carlton Suite, Ritz-Carlton, Moscow

US$18,000 per night

12. Royal Suite, Burj Al Arab, Dubai

US$18,716 per night

11. Royal Suite, Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris

US$24,550 per night

10. Royal Towers Bridge Suite, Atlantis, Bahamas

US$25,000 per night

9. Ritz-Carlton Suite, Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo

US$26,300 per night

8. Villa La Cupola Suite, Westin Excelsior, Rome

US$30,000 per night

7. Presidential Suite, Hotel Cala di Volpe, Sardinia, Italy

US$32,736 per night

6. The Royal Villa, Grand Resort Lagonissi, Athens

US$34,356 per night

5. Hugh Hefner Sky Villa Palms Resort, Las Vegas

US$35,487 per night

4. Penthouse Suite, Hotel Martinez, Cannes, France

US$37,500 per night

3. Ty Warner Penthouse Suite, Four Seasons Hotel, New York

US$41,836 per night

2. The Presidential Suite, The Raj Palace Hotel, Jaipur, India

US$45,000 per night

1. Royal Penthouse Suite, Hotel President Wilson, Geneva

US$65,000 per night

Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 21, 2012
Chidex2442: Dat is why i like calabar, here with N3500 u can get a good hotel attached with a commercial sex worker (ASHAWO) as value added services for a night! grin

Dont be funny. Not so cheap during Christmas anyway. Please how much is an average rum in Tinapa beach hotel
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by Nobody: 6:04am On Aug 21, 2012
76Naira: Rip off for medium to low quality.

I rather make the money than complain. Buy the lands, build the house, travel and enjoy the hotels. Let the talkers talk.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by AkoEja: 7:37pm On Aug 21, 2012
This is quite common with the price of goods and services in Nigeria. You can usually find a good book Terry for £30-£40 in London, while in Lagos you would struggle to get one for £50. I have stayed in the Hilton hotel for £60 before, which is a four-star hotel. I think the main reason is that there is not enough competition. Judging by the size of Nigeria's economy and the availability of money within the country, one should be able to find a hotel for £20-£30 easily
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by tEsLim(m): 8:25pm On Aug 21, 2012
Overpriced shitty hotels in Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by daviesmania(m): 9:14pm On Aug 21, 2012
ernestleon:
bros you are on a long thing.Here in Italy hotel employees earn alot most especially the chefs an average 2500euro monthly.Bar attendants not as much as cooks.
wch 1 be ur work, Toilet cleaner?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Students Coming To The Netherlands-things You Should Know / A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport / State With Highest Number Of Hotels And Indigenous Prostitutes In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.