Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? (6037 Views)

List Of Nairalanders That Are Males Disguising As Females / White Woman Exposes The Sickness Of Desperate Black Males That Date Them / The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? by Flashaldrin(m): 11:32am On Aug 19, 2012
Someone in a recent thread described alpha and beta males as thus
Alpha Males & Beta Males…
As far as a woman is concerned, there are only two different types of men. Alpha males & Beta Males.
The alpha male is the guy who is confident, firm in decision making, NON-REACTIVE, asserts himself more, takes more risks, makes plans, doesn’t whine, is non-needy & approval seeking, non- clingy, protects and is the leader in his relationship.
The Beta male is the exact opposite of the Alpha, he whines, is always REACTING (nothing screams Beta as much as reacting to your woman), follows, not firm in his decisions, needy (calling your wife or girlfriend 2,000 times in a day is very bad) and generally does most things the Alpha wouldn’t do.
To a woman, dating a beta male is like being forced to marry a very fat ugly old woman with bad skin and bald hair.

The way he puts it makes it look being a beta male is very weak and undesirable, but i really think beta males are not necessarily hated by a woman rather infact are loved by some. Here are different views on the issue . . . (i got a few from google)

the alpha male. . .
1. The alpha male is an act that is performed by males usually in their teens and twenties who act tough, are loud, and have to be the center of attention or they feel insecure. When a man is successful and in his thirties he no longer acts this way because he has grown up and realized that the entire alpha male act is phony. When was the last time you saw a rich, successful man try to pick a fight Never.
The only guys that do this are the losers that go to bars to take their anger out because they are angry inside for going nowhere in life.

2. I personally think alpha males can be real jerks.
They already have a huge ego and then to label them alpha only increases their supposed
confidence. I think a guy who can make a girl laugh, feel good about herself, and can be a romantic once in a while will steal a girl's heart any day of the week before someone who is muscle bound and all about them. A girl wants to be treated with respect and loved deeply. Putting her needs first is a turn on. But most guys don't get that.

Beta males. . .
1. In the animal kingdom, the alpha male is the
dominant member of the community. He’s like a cartoon caveman, commanding deference. The betas are wingmen, collaborative and conciliatory.
In human terms, betas make the best mates. They do more in the house, and probably in the bedroom, because they know how to hasten the greater good. The beta has poetry in him, and a touch of youthful idealism. He’s sure of who he is, and not constantly trying to prove his value in materialistic terms. (Alpha: Your expensive car doesn’t make you interesting.) The beta can earn a lot of money, or a little, but the money’s not the thing; he profits because he works well with others.
There’s something rebellious about the beta male; he challenges the social order rather than succumbing to it. The beta male doesn’t buy in to the basest stereotypes about male behavior, and that’s hugely sexy.
That guy is so unassuming, affable and genuine.
2. A man who is content with nontraditional gender roles; i.e., he is not threatened by intelligent and/or powerful women, and he does not have to be in control of every situation to maintain his sense of self. (Frequently, he does manifest a quiet kind of
confidence and control over his surroundings, but it's not important to him that this is noticed by others.)
A beta male is often introverted, intelligent, and
introspective. Though he may have been branded a "nerd" growing up, the adult beta is frequently a thoughtful, capable, and fascinating individual whom many women find appealing.
Alpha males, especially those of lesser intelligence and abilities, tend to feel threatened by beta males, who are increasingly preferred by women in modern times.

So whats your opinion on alpha and beta males?
Guys which are you?
Ladies which do you prefer?
Re: Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? by RealBitch(f): 11:38am On Aug 19, 2012
A little of both
Re: Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? by Flashaldrin(m): 11:41am On Aug 19, 2012
RealBitch: A little of both
which of the characteristics in both exactly??
Re: Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? by slimyem: 12:16pm On Aug 19, 2012
Ladies,which do you prefer?
i dey come..make i go ask google...cheesy
Re: Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? by Booty4me: 12:25pm On Aug 19, 2012
All this löng long article. I cant take this shíit anymore
Re: Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? by MariaGoretti: 1:30pm On Aug 19, 2012
I tink i lyk the ALETA male
Re: Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 19, 2012
pls don't derail..i like the thread
Re: Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? by MariaGoretti: 1:52pm On Aug 19, 2012
Mr Hornipipe :
pls don't derail..i like the thread
I am not derailin...just same way we v d AB blood group...dats same way u v such males. Owk, i undastand dt probably u didnt get wot i meant by dat. It simply means dat i prefer guys wif mixed attributes....a lil frm alpha n also a lil frm beta n a lil frm oda male types dt probably vnt been discovered bt dt doesnt mean such doesnt exist.....so swthrt, i aint derailin...y nt contribute to d topic? it myt help a soul.
Re: Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? by kike001(f): 1:54pm On Aug 19, 2012
Who needs a clingy guy
Re: Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 19, 2012
Maria-Goretti:
I am not derailin...just same way we v d AB blood group...dats same way u v such males. Owk, i undastand dt probably u didnt get wot i meant by dat. It simply means dat i prefer guys wif mixed attributes....a lil frm alpha n also a lil frm beta n a lil frm oda male types dt probably vnt been discovered bt dt doesnt mean such doesnt exist.....so swthrt, i aint derailin...y nt contribute to d topic? it myt help a soul.
cheesy SMH and when did i mention any name
Re: Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? by carluva(m): 3:19pm On Aug 19, 2012
I think I ve more attributes of d Beta male in moi......nd frm what u put up I think I like it!!
Re: Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 19, 2012
OP, what of gamma male?
Re: Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? by MMM2(m): 4:08pm On Aug 19, 2012
Op

Money male wink
Re: Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? by 49cents(m): 4:46pm On Aug 19, 2012
@op Great expressive Post
i wont call the Former group of men ALPHA as though they were superior to the so-called Beta....they are just variations in the male gender.
The ladies who have responded so far are on point every man "ALPHA" or "BETA" should know themselves and make up for what is lacking in the psyche! know male type is superior!
Re: Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? by RealBitch(f): 10:36pm On Aug 19, 2012
Flashaldrin:
which of the characteristics in both exactly??
I've Noticed that the so called 'alpha' male's over-confidence/domineering attitude is actually masking deeply ingrained insecurity and the beta male's ability to hand control over to his partner is trust and quiet confidence. And I dont mind being called 2000 times a day. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? by MrsChima(f): 1:08pm On Aug 20, 2012
Lol@money men
Re: Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 20, 2012
me nah Gamma male and alpha and beta males dey fear me cool
Re: Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? by 49cents(m): 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2012
RealBitch: I've Noticed that the so called 'alpha' male's over-confidence/domineering attitude is actually masking deeply ingrained insecurity and the beta male's ability to hand control over to his partner is trust and quiet confidence. And I dont mind being called 2000 times a day. cheesy
So true!I fit into the so-called Beta, well am grateful for it! but we don't whine nor a we that clingy; our quiet self confidence!
Re: Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? by ArQueBusieR(m): 8:37pm On Aug 21, 2012
There is no such thing as an alpha or beta male. The boundaries are not clearly defined.
Re: Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? by NoQualms1(f): 8:53pm On Aug 21, 2012
ArQueBusieR: There is no such thing as an alpha or beta male. The boundaries are not clearly defined.

^ I agree with you.
Re: Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? by pleep(m): 6:22am On Nov 12, 2012
Haha one guy i listen to on youtube put it like this: The beta male takes care of the Alpha males bastard kids. grin
Re: Alpha And Beta Males, Which Is Better?? by pleep(m): 6:33am On Nov 12, 2012
Btw i don't know who told this kid that girls prefer beta males.. maybe when they are 40 and fat. Or in my zone, after their frat boyfriend dumped them and they need an emotional tampon.

(1) (Reply)

13 Reason U Must Sex Ur Partner Evryday (mature Chat 18+) / Sxx With My Mathematics Teacher … (18+) / Former World's Fattest Woman Looking For Love After Loosing 260kg (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.