Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,115 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:11 AM

Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon (20412 Views)

Oil Producing states In Nigeria - The Facts and Figures / Bayelsa Will Become APC State Soon -oyegun / Lagos To Join Oil Producing States In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by wawaboy1(m): 12:52pm On Aug 19, 2012
Following the discovery of large quantity of crude oil in Iga, Uzo-Uwani Local Government area of Enugu State, the state is now set to join the league of oil-producing states in Nigeria. The chairman, Uzo- Uwani local government council, Mr. Cornel Onwubuya, who made the disclosure at Umulokpa, the council headquarters when he received members of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, NUJ, Enugu state Council, stated that his council was also blessed with other resources such as silicon and agrarian land for extensive agriculture .

Inspecting projects being executed by his administration, the chairman said that already, Orient Petroleum Company Limited has started lifting crude oil from the local government and charged the Federal Government to begin the process of listing Enugu State as one of the oil-producing states.

Onwubuya said: “Oil was found at Iga community in Uzo-Uwani local government area, and one company called Orient Petroleum is at the moment lifting crude oil from that community. So I want to say that Enugu State will soon join the league of oil producing states in the country.”

He further disclosed that available record showed that crude oil deposits within the local government area would last for about 100 years, while natural gas also found in the area, was estimated to last for 200 years.

Onwubuya appealed to the Federal Government to ensure that the people of Enugu state, especially Uzo- Uwani people, benefit from the earnings accruing from the exploitation of crude oil and gas deposits in the area.

http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/48968.html

Am going home

1 Like

Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by ak47mann(m): 1:02pm On Aug 19, 2012
Onwubuya said: “Oil was found at Iga community in Uzo-Uwani local government area, and one company called Orient Petroleum is at the moment lifting crude oil from that community. So I want to say that Enugu State will soon join the league of oil producing states in the country.”

are you saying the crude is now being tap by orient petrol?i thougt orient are tapping oil wells from anambra basin.. cool
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by Antivirus92(m): 1:37pm On Aug 19, 2012
Thank God for that. I want it all over south-east!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by Frank3n2(m): 1:55pm On Aug 19, 2012
Thanks God.. ENUGU for life
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 19, 2012
Is it the Orient that was recently implicated in the fuel subsidy imbroglio?
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by kellystech(m): 1:57pm On Aug 19, 2012
Antivirus92: Thank God for that. I want it all over south-east!
why u na go want am all over, write frm time ona mind no dey at rest cos na only south-south get am, greedy ibo people!
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by mkmyers45(m): 2:00pm On Aug 19, 2012
kellystech: why u na go want am all over, write frm time ona mind no dey at rest cos na only south-south get am, greedy ibo people!
mr man whats your own? must you show your tribalistic deficiency? Wetin concise you? Why not go and drill up oil in ur papa backyard

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:00pm On Aug 19, 2012
grin grin grin grin

Alaigbo, a land flowing with milk, honey and oyel grin.

Just goes to show that who God has blessed, no shenanigans and mago-mago can keep them from a date with their destiny.

All this is finally happening b'cos we have someone in Aso Rock not intent on wickedness and denying Ndigbo their due through wicked schemes like designating certain known oil and gas fields as 'reserves'. angry
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by SamMilla1(m): 2:01pm On Aug 19, 2012
Trust me, oil is everywhere in the South including south west. It is only a matter of time. I was driving through Aninri area of Enugu state and what i saw on the ground indicated that there is some mineral there. I dont know what it is but watch out. This country is blessed with natural resources and political criminals as well.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by Rich4god(m): 2:03pm On Aug 19, 2012
Hope it wont be the beggining of massive land pollution/contamination of that community...
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by kellystech(m): 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2012
mkmyers45: mr man whats your own? must you show your tribalistic deficiency? Wetin concise you? Why not go and drill up oil in ur papa backyard
are u ok?
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by Rich4god(m): 2:06pm On Aug 19, 2012
Sam Milla: Trust me, oil is everywhere in the South including south west. It is only a matter of time. I was driving through Aninri area of Enugu state and what i saw on the ground indicated that there is some mineral there. I dont know what it is but watch out. This country is blessed with natural resources and political criminals as well.
Just like Gov Rochas said...Nigeria is so blessed to the extent that plants/grasses grow on our roof. But its realy unfortunate that the people/govt dont have the eyes to see it.
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by ebamma(m): 2:06pm On Aug 19, 2012
oil was discovered in nigeria in 1956 so if enugu discovered theirs today kini big deal
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by mkmyers45(m): 2:08pm On Aug 19, 2012
kellystech: are u ok?
Mr Man go and find place park your keke make we see road.. cool

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 19, 2012
why is it only the south that you find oil? are there no traces of oil in the north? what happened to the chad basin? am just curious!
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by gbogboti: 2:08pm On Aug 19, 2012
Oil this! Oil that! Na wa o! Everybody wants oil. I want this country divided into 5 parts. Let all man bear his papa's name. That is when we 'll know who the real parasites are. I can bet my live that the parasites are more than we can imagine. What is South-East contributing to this country? What is the North contributing? The middle Belt nko? How about the South-West? Guy, the parasites plenty. Let someone prove me wrong.
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by SamMilla1(m): 2:09pm On Aug 19, 2012
ebamma: oil was discovered in nigeria in 1956 so if enugu discovered theirs today kini big deal

Channel your anger somewhere else kid.
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by ebamma(m): 2:12pm On Aug 19, 2012
Sam Milla:

Channel your anger somewhere else kid.
hey you man that marijuana you are smoking is not good for your health
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by mkmyers45(m): 2:13pm On Aug 19, 2012
berem: why is it only the south that you find oil? are there no traces of oil in the north? what happened to the chad basin? am just curious!
It take years dear and the oil around the basin is not really commercially viable (may last just 25 years)
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 19, 2012
I'M HAPPY... MY STATE IS NOW AN OIL PRODUCING STATE LOL...
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by Antivirus92(m): 2:21pm On Aug 19, 2012
ebamma: hey you man that marijuana you are smoking is not good for your health
a madman is always the first to call someone a madman at any slighest provocation!
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 19, 2012
TRULY OIL IS IN ENUGU, GOTO UGWUOBA IN OJI-RIVER LGA OF ENUGU STATE, YOU WILL FIND CRUDE OIL THERE.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by Diligence: 2:27pm On Aug 19, 2012
Congrats to Enugu... but u must not relax on ur oars... protect ur wealth wt all jealousy...
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by GAR3TH(m): 2:28pm On Aug 19, 2012
Good News, and with a progressive governor chime in office I'm sure it will be put to good use.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:32pm On Aug 19, 2012
If this discovery brings about a sizeable increase in the revenue profile of the state gov't, and considering the 'working' Governor they have at the moment, Enugu state will have an irresistible gravitational pull within the next 2 to 3 years........unlike what's happening with some so called 'oil producing' states ( which shall remain nameless) that show absolutely no sign development.
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by MrGlobe(m): 2:34pm On Aug 19, 2012
Sam Milla: Trust me, oil is everywhere in the South including south west. It is only a matter of time. I was driving through Aninri area of Enugu state and what i saw on the ground indicated that there is some mineral there. I dont know what it is but watch out. This country is blessed with natural resources and political criminals as well.
Taaaaaaaaaa. Oil in South West my foot. unless you mean red oil.
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by ExlordJay(m): 2:36pm On Aug 19, 2012
nigeria is blessed and its inhebitants re amazing, in nigeria no one is a secrad cow becos equality for all but we re carried away by fear and then throw away our rights. Saying parasites re much in this country is purely ingnorance becos every state and community re contributing verily; no discrimination becos one nigeria one nation.
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by Tex42(m): 2:39pm On Aug 19, 2012
Is it not obvious that the south is blessed,south-east to draw a distinction,meanwhile,think it's high tym diz PARASITIC LUV AFFAIR called NIGERIA is ENDED,I mean diz affair needz a break,have to undo wat Lugard did in 1914...!
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by Les: 2:41pm On Aug 19, 2012
kellystech: why u na go want am all over, write frm time ona mind no dey at rest cos na only south-south get am, greedy ibo people!
learn your pidgin first b4 goin to learn your manners!
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 19, 2012
Re: Enugu Will Become An Oil-producing State Soon by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 19, 2012
gbogboti: Oil this! Oil that! Na wa o! Everybody wants oil. I want this country divided into 5 parts. Let all man bear his papa's name. That is when we 'll know who the real parasites are. I can bet my live that the parasites are more than we can imagine. What is South-East contributing to this country? What is the North contributing? The middle Belt nko? How about the South-West? Guy, the parasites plenty. Let someone prove me wrong.

Must you spew your ignorance here.
If you must know,oil is been explored daily in imo and Abia state in south eastern nigeria.
50 percent of importation in nigeria is done by the ibos and you can imagine how much in excise/duties,royalty,and taxes are remitted to the government.
Majority of local manufacturing industries in the country are run by the south eastern entrepreneurs and the offer employment opportunities to the unemployed populations
The south easterners are mainly involved in commerce. Do you know how much that is remitted to government in operational levies and taxes?
The only section of the country that contributes to the national coffers through human and mental sacrifice is the south east.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Customs Intercepts Ammunition Imported From U.S.A / Boko Haram Stalls Prisoner Swap With Abducted Chibok Girls / Buruji Kashamu Hugs Gbenga Daniels After Their Peace Meeting In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.