Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,888 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven (4244 Views)

Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / 11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! / Biblical Evidence To Backup The Non-use Of Earrings By The Female Gender (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by Nobody: 4:34am On Aug 21, 2012
frosbel:

I like your humble response.

Firstly the thief did not go paradise that day or even now.

The exact quotation should be "Truly I tell you today , you will be with me in paradise.

Remember the original texts had no comma , the interpreter placed the comma in the wrong place.

Even if you say Jesus went to paradise that same day that will also be incorrect , because he had not ascended to his father.

Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. [/b]Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'" -[b] John 20:17

All this story about Jesus descending into Hell is a red herring, he descended into the grave wrongly translated as Hell in the so called best bible KJV . Albiet the grave could not hold him for he had the power to lay down his life and pick it up again.

"No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father." - John 10:18

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

Jesus is the firstborn from the dead, no one has ascended to the father but Christ.

"And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy." - Colossians 1:18

Acts 26:23 that the Christ would suffer and, as the first to rise from the dead, would proclaim light to his own people and to the Gentiles."

"No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man " - John 3:13

Now the core question , is Mary in heaven ?

I do not believe so , because the resurrection has not taken place YET ! She died a righteous woman and will be raised incorruptible into the kingdom of her God and saviour Christ Jesus.

By the way the catholic doctrine of the ASCENSION is a hoax , don't mind those people.

John 5:28 "Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice , and come out--those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned."

Some people say that those who are in the grave are also somewhere else in the form of a soul which is incorrect. When we die our spirits or the God given breath that produces life returns to God not some remote place in the underworld.

The dead are dead waiting for the resurrection.

Ol boy did moses rise from the dead or not? Is he still in the grave?all this talk about saints lying in the grave and awaiting the arch angels call is balderdash.Even if you choose not to believe the vision of judas macabees you should @ least believe the gospels.The saints in heaven can and are interceding for us.The catholic church have hundreds of thousands of postumous miraculous intervention by its saints.
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by Nobody: 4:36am On Aug 21, 2012
k2039:
My justification is based on the Holy Scripture.I already showed you a reference John 14.Although their are lot of references.Besides do you beleive in the bible.

You have already proven you do not believe some parts of the scripture.So which moral authourity do you have over the homer
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by ijawkid(m): 6:52am On Aug 21, 2012
chukwudi44:

Ol boy did moses rise from the dead or not? Is he still in the grave?all this talk about saints lying in the grave and awaiting the arch angels call is balderdash.Even if you choose not to believe the vision of judas macabees you should @ least believe the gospels.The saints in heaven can and are interceding for us.The catholic church have hundreds of thousands of postumous miraculous intervention by its saints.

Ok let's ask u..

Did moses rise from d dead?

Where is moses??
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 21, 2012
@ ijawkid.

I believe this should answer your question.

Search
Enter the Bible passage (e.g., John 3:16), keyword (e.g., Jesus, prophet, etc.) or topic (e.g., salvation)

Matthew 17:3-5
Common English Bible (CEB)

3 Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Jesus. 4 Peter reacted to all of this by saying to Jesus, “Lord, it’s good that we’re here. If you want, I’ll make three shrines: one for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.”

5 While he was still speaking, look, a bright cloud overshadowed them. A voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son whom I dearly love. I am very pleased with him. Listen to him!”
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by italo: 10:36am On Aug 21, 2012
k2039:
How did you know?.

God says so through his Church.

k2039: Besides on what basis did she get into heaven?,on the basis that she was the mother of Jesus,just asking.

She co-operated with God's grace and will.

Now how did you know that she is possibly in hell and on what basis could she be in hell? That she was the mother of Jesus? Just asking.
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 21, 2012
chukwudi44:

Despite all evidence provided , you are hardening yourself against the truth and holding unto paganism. Could it be that you prefer tradition to the words of Jesus ?

Jesus Christ explicitly mentioned that no one had ascended into heaven but the Son of Man.

"No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man." - John 3:13

I follow the bible not some cleverly invented catholic doctrine . The bible says that at end of this age, the archangel will sound the trumpet and the dead in Christ shall rise first, it's in the Bible.

"For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first." - 1 Thessalonians 4:16

Besides I do not believe in the vision of judas macabees or any catholic for that matter, I believe only in the vision of John the revelator regarding the prophecy of end times, judgement , salvation and punishment. Even demons can give people false visions.

No saint is praying for you now, it is a Hoax - do not be deceived.

Jesus Christ is our intercessor, but what you are saying is that his prayers are inadequate so he needs additional prayer support from the saints, Mary etc. - what arrant nonsense and a Satanic gimmick.

We have one saviour, one mediator and one Intercessor who is also the Head of the Church not the false Pope.

"Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us." - Romans 8:34
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by italo: 10:53am On Aug 21, 2012
k2039:
As far as am concerned the bolded phrase will be her only justification for being a saint and not that she is the mother of Jesus,because a lot of catholics that I know lay emphasis on "she is the mother of Jesus".

Do the "Catholics" you know really tell you that 'Mary is a saint because she's Jesus' mother' or are you deliberately lying to win the arguement?

k2039: Joagbaje,some folks need to here this "If Mary mother of Jesus is a saint as claimed by certain people then she is not more of a saint than any spirit filled christian"
So may they reduce all the hype on Mary.

So you are saying that you and Joagbaje are on the same level as the mother of God abi? May God help you. I think you should take your issues up with Angel Gabriel for 'hyping' her.

k2039: For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified 1 Corinthians 2:2.

Does that mean that we should know nothing else? No Holy Spirit, no Bible, no pastor, nothing! Just Jesus?

Think!
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by Nobody: 11:12am On Aug 21, 2012
[quote author=italo]

So you are saying that you and Joagbaje are on the same level as the mother of God abi? May God help you. I think you should take your issues up with Angel Gabriel for 'hyping' her.

Mary is NOT and I repeat NOT , I repeat again NOT , the MOTHER OF GOD. GOD has no MOTHER. Stop repeating these blasphemies , please.

Mary was a saint just like the apostles etc. Obviously she has a special place in the kingdom of GOD.
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by k2039: 11:23am On Aug 21, 2012
italo:
So you are saying that you and Joagbaje are on the same level as the mother of God abi? May God help you
Biblically, Mary was a dirty, rotten, vile, sinner—just like you and me, and everyone else. The only sinless Person to ever walk this earth was the Lord Jesus Christ Himself (2nd Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 4:15)
Hebrews 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin.
2 Corinthians 5:21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
Mary was a sinner and needed a Savior just like everyone else. In fact, Mary called Jesus “God my Saviour” in Luke 1:47. Jesus is the precious Savior! Luke 2:11, “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.”
Amen.

frosbel: Mary is NOT and I repeat NOT , I repeat again NOT , the MOTHER OF GOD. GOD has no MOTHER. Stop repeating these blasphemies , please.
I agree with Frosel.Mary was never the mother of GOD,Even Jesus pre-existed Mary John 1:1 and John1:14
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by Enigma(m): 11:38am On Aug 21, 2012
^^^^

I see what you are trying to say but I will say you need to be careful when using language like all of the above. Compare the above for example to this passage from Luke 1

26 In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, 27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. 28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. 31You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end.”

34“How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. 36Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth month. 37 For nothing is impossible with God.”

38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May it be to me as you have said.” Then the angel left her.

smiley
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by k2039: 11:44am On Aug 21, 2012
italo:
Does that mean that we should know nothing else? No Holy Spirit, no Bible, no pastor, nothing! Just Jesus?

Think!
Lol,you didnt put Mary there,am really suprised.
My point is all focus should be on Him,not one Mary,General overseer,Pope,Cardinal or Priest.
Ofcourse Holy Spirit,Bible,pastor will definitely lead one to the knowledge of Christ.I just dont buy the idea of praying to some saints.
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by k2039: 12:05pm On Aug 21, 2012
italo:
Do the "Catholics" you know really tell you that 'Mary is a saint because she's Jesus' mother' or are you deliberately lying to win the arguement?

Ofcourse only on the basis that
italo:
She co-operated with God's grace and will.
and the basis that she accepted Jesus Christ as her LORD and Savior,and also that she walked in the light of this points,will I accept that she is a saint.
But ofcourse we dont have any document to prove that She walked in that light till her death,so where is the basis of Catholics making her a saint.
Besides I dont beleive in your canonization of the blessed to conclude that the person is a saint,It is crap.
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by k2039: 12:16pm On Aug 21, 2012
frosbel: No saint is praying for you now, it is a Hoax - do not be deceived.

Jesus Christ is our intercessor, but what you are saying is that his prayers are inadequate so he needs additional prayer support from the saints, Mary etc. - what arrant nonsense and a Satanic gimmick.

We have one saviour, one mediator and one Intercessor who is also the Head of the Church not the false Pope.

I agree totally
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by k2039: 12:17pm On Aug 21, 2012
frosbel:
Besides I do not believe in the vision of judas macabees or any catholic for that matter, I believe only in the vision of John the revelator regarding the prophecy of end times, judgement , salvation and punishment. Even demons can give people false visions.

2 Maccabees 15:38-39 Good News Translation (GNT)
38 If it is well written and to the point, I am pleased; if it is poorly written and uninteresting, I have still done my best.39 We know it is unhealthy to drink wine or water alone, whereas wine mixed with water makes a delightfully tasty drink. So also a good story skillfully written gives pleasure to those who read it. With this I conclude.
The so called maccabees wrote that crap,so why should I beleive him,when he isnt sure of what he wrote.The guy was just trying to write a fiction or a story,and someone is telling me this maccabees deserves to be in the bible.
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by k2039: 12:37pm On Aug 21, 2012
thehomer:

2 Chronicle 18:18 - 20 talks about God and the lying spirit. Use that as a reference in the Holy Scripture.

I know what is written in the Bible.
2 Chronicle 18:18 - 20
Micaiah continued, "Therefore hear the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne with all the host of heaven standing on his right and on his left.
And the LORD said, 'Who will entice Ahab king of Israel into attacking Ramoth Gilead and going to his death there?' "One suggested this, and another that.
Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the LORD and said, 'I will entice him.' "'By what means?' the LORD asked.
I dont understand your point,and the relevance to what we discussing,maybe you explain better.Sounds to me like you taking the bible out of context
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by k2039: 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2012
chukwudi44: Maccabees is not part of the Biblical canon. The reason is obvious. The writer himself acknowledges that what he wrote was not inspired by God. He did not know if it was

Ol boy who gave you the power to decide if a scripture is canon or not.FYI the book of macabees was canonised alongside other scriptures @ the synod of hippo and councils of carthage way back in the fourth century.

If I were to use this your analogy I might also conclude that the writings of st Paul are not scriptures since there are not prophetic messages but mere instructions written to differant church congregations
But the lettere of Paul is still relevant in the Church today,and besides the foundation of his letter is rooted on the precept laid down by Christ,he wasnt writing a fiction like Judas Macabees
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by k2039: 1:26pm On Aug 21, 2012
chukwudi44: Maybe you don't know but the septuagint which was translated in 272 BCE by the 77 jewish scholars and which formed the greek OT was used by the apostles themselves.More than 70 percent of the old testament quotations in the new testament were sourced from the septuagint.So if even the apostles used the septuagint and regarded it as scripture who are you then to say it was not inspired.
I understand where you coming from,but as long as their is no direct link,I mean "Scripture says..." or "The Law says...",then I still dont beleive it was quoted from the septuagint.
Example:Examining statement A,B and C,where A is Sirach 28:2,B is Matthew 6:14 and C Mark 11:25
Sirach 28:2 But if you forgive someone who has wronged you, your sins will be forgiven when you pray
Matthew 6:14 If you forgive others the wrongs they have done to you, your Father in heaven will also forgive you.
Mark 11:25 And when you stand and pray, forgive anything you may have against anyone, so that your Father in heaven will forgive the wrongs you have done.
For the fact that A is similar to B or C doesnt mean that B and C was quoted from A.
Lets look at Matthew 4:7 and Exodus 17:2,the former is a qoutation from the later
Matthew 4:7 "It is also written:Do not put the Lord your God to the test.That is a direct quotation.
Exodus 17:2 So they quarreled with Moses and said, "Give us water to drink." Moses replied, "Why do you quarrel with me? Why do you put the LORD to the test?"
My point is the fact that two statement are similar doesnt necessarily meant one was quoted from the other.Except you can show me a direct quotation
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 21, 2012
k2039:
But the lettere of Paul is still relevant in the Church today,and besides the foundation of his letter is rooted on the precept laid down by Christ,he wasnt writing a fiction like Judas Macabees

You really regard the story of judas maccabees as fiction? Please for your own sake don't advertise your ignorance.FYI Judas macabees was a very important figure in jewish history.The desecration of the temple propesied by daniel was fulfilled during his time.The jewish feast of hannakah even observed by Jesus was instituted by him.

Personally I don't care whether you regard the book as scripture or not since your opinion dosen't really count regarding it's canonicity.

Actually I am travelling and typing with my phone.my battery is going down ,I would respond adequately when I get home
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by k2039: 1:38pm On Aug 21, 2012
chukwudi44:

if you choose not to believe the vision of judas macabees you should @ least believe the gospels.The saints in heaven can and are interceding for us.The catholic church have hundreds of thousands of postumous miraculous intervention by its saints.
And where is that in the gospel,that saints are interceeding
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by k2039: 1:40pm On Aug 21, 2012
chukwudi44:

You have already proven you do not believe some parts of the scripture.So which moral authourity do you have over the homer
How did I prove that?
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by k2039: 1:48pm On Aug 21, 2012
chukwudi44:

Am sure you refering to Luke9:30-31
30 And behold, there talked with him two men, who were Moses and Elijah;
31 who appeared in glory, and spake of his decease which he was about to accomplish at Jerusalem.
How does this reflect your point that they are interceeding.
[i]They descended from heaven to talk to Jesus,and ascended back to heaven after their discussion,[/i]is that your assumption.
Well the bible never said anything about that,they definitely returned back to where they came from after the discussion and am sure it wasnt heaven.
Have you heard of abraham bosom.Luke (16:22-23)
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 21, 2012
At first you said the dead are awaiting the arch angels call but when confronted with the fact of moses's resurrection you are now saying no one has ascended into heaven.Any way let's look @ the passage below to see how elijah ascended into heaven.

Search
Enter the Bible passage (e.g., John 3:16), keyword (e.g., Jesus, prophet, etc.) or topic (e.g., salvation)

> >>  Show resources

2 Kings 2:1-20
New International Version (NIV)

Elijah Taken Up to Heaven

2 When the Lord was about to take Elijah up to heaven in a whirlwind, Elijah and Elisha were on their way from Gilgal. 2 Elijah said to Elisha, “Stay here; the Lord has sent me to Bethel.”

But Elisha said, “As surely as the Lord lives and as you live, I will not leave you.” So they went down to Bethel.

3 The company of the prophets at Bethel came out to Elisha and asked, “Do you know that the Lord is going to take your master from you today?”

“Yes, I know,” Elisha replied, “so be quiet.”

4 Then Elijah said to him, “Stay here, Elisha; the Lord has sent me to Jericho. ”

And he replied, “As surely as the Lord lives and as you live, I will not leave you.” So they went to Jericho.

5 The company of the prophets at Jericho went up to Elisha and asked him, “Do you know that the Lord is going to take your master from you today?”

“Yes, I know,” he replied, “so be quiet.”

6 Then Elijah said to him, “Stay here; the Lord has sent me to the Jordan.”

And he replied, “As surely as the Lord lives and as you live, I will not leave you.” So the two of them walked on.

7 Fifty men from the company of the prophets went and stood at a distance, facing the place where Elijah and Elisha had stopped at the Jordan.

8 Elijah took his cloak, rolled it up and struck the water with it. The water divided

to the right and to the left, and the two of them crossed over on dry

ground.

9 When they had crossed, Elijah said to Elisha, “Tell me, what can I do for you before I am taken from you?”

“Let me inherit a double portion of your spirit,” Elisha replied.

10 “You have asked a difficult thing,” Elijah said, “yet if you see me when I am taken from you, it will be yours—otherwise, it will not.”

11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire

and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven

in a whirlwind. 12 Elisha saw this and cried out, “My father! My father! The chariots

and horsemen of Israel!” And Elisha saw him no more. Then he took hold of his garment and tore

it in two.

Obviously from the passage above elijah has sinced been in heaven from where he and moses descended from during the ressurection
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by thehomer: 4:36pm On Aug 21, 2012
k2039:
2 Chronicle 18:18 - 20
Micaiah continued, "Therefore hear the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne with all the host of heaven standing on his right and on his left.
And the LORD said, 'Who will entice Ahab king of Israel into attacking Ramoth Gilead and going to his death there?' "One suggested this, and another that.
Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the LORD and said, 'I will entice him.' "'By what means?' the LORD asked.
I dont understand your point,and the relevance to what we discussing,maybe you explain better.Sounds to me like you taking the bible out of context

Excellent. I should have included verses 21 and 22 because verse 21 talks about the lying spirit and verse 22 has God giving the order to the spirit.
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by ijawkid(m): 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2012
chukwudi44: At first you said the dead are awaiting the arch angels call but when confronted with the fact of moses's resurrection you are now saying no one has ascended into heaven.Any way let's look @ the passage below to see how elijah ascended into heaven.

Search

> >>  Show resources

2 Kings 2:1-20
New International Version (NIV)

Elijah Taken Up to Heaven

2 When the Lord was about to take Elijah up to heaven in a whirlwind, Elijah and Elisha were on their way from Gilgal. 2 Elijah said to Elisha, “Stay here; the Lord has sent me to Bethel.”

But Elisha said, “As surely as the Lord lives and as you live, I will not leave you.” So they went down to Bethel.

3 The company of the prophets at Bethel came out to Elisha and asked, “Do you know that the Lord is going to take your master from you today?”

“Yes, I know,” Elisha replied, “so be quiet.”

4 Then Elijah said to him, “Stay here, Elisha; the Lord has sent me to Jericho. ”

And he replied, “As surely as the Lord lives and as you live, I will not leave you.” So they went to Jericho.

5 The company of the prophets at Jericho went up to Elisha and asked him, “Do you know that the Lord is going to take your master from you today?”

“Yes, I know,” he replied, “so be quiet.”

6 Then Elijah said to him, “Stay here; the Lord has sent me to the Jordan.”

And he replied, “As surely as the Lord lives and as you live, I will not leave you.” So the two of them walked on.

7 Fifty men from the company of the prophets went and stood at a distance, facing the place where Elijah and Elisha had stopped at the Jordan.

8 Elijah took his cloak, rolled it up and struck the water with it. The water divided

to the right and to the left, and the two of them crossed over on dry

ground.

9 When they had crossed, Elijah said to Elisha, “Tell me, what can I do for you before I am taken from you?”

“Let me inherit a double portion of your spirit,” Elisha replied.

10 “You have asked a difficult thing,” Elijah said, “yet if you see me when I am taken from you, it will be yours—otherwise, it will not.”

11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire

and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven

in a whirlwind. 12 Elisha saw this and cried out, “My father! My father! The chariots

and horsemen of Israel!” And Elisha saw him no more. Then he took hold of his garment and tore

it in two.

Obviously from the passage above elijah has sinced been in heaven from where he and moses descended from during the ressurection

How does ur conclusion agree with Jesus's true words recorded @ john 3:13

13 No one has ever gone into
heaven except the one who came from heaven
—the Son of Man.....

Those are Jesus words......

So I want u to do a re-think and tell me where moses and elisha is or was......

Except Jesus didn't search d heavens well enough to see where elijah and all the other partriachs of old were hiding b4 he descended from the heavens...lol
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by Nobody: 8:21pm On Aug 21, 2012
[/quote]Those are Jesus words......

Except Jesus didn't search d heavens well enough to see where elijah and all the other partriachs of old were hidi[quote]

It is now a matter of lifting up any single bible verse that appeals to you.It is obvious the two bible passages contradict each other.But the fact remains elijah was taken up to heaven in a whirlwind.
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 21, 2012
[/quote]Biblically, Mary was a dirty, rotten, vile, sinner[quote]

I never beleived someone who called himself a christian would say this.even a muslim would not dare describe the virgin mary in such a manner
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 21, 2012
[/quote]

frosbel: Mary is NOT and I repeat NOT , I repeat again NOT , the MOTHER OF GOD. GOD has no MOTHER. Stop repeating these blasphemies , please.

I agree with Frosel.Mary was never the mother of GOD,Even Jesus pre-existed Mary John 1:1 and John1:14
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth[quote]

Jesus christ has a dual nature.his divine nature has always existed from the begining but his human nature started in the womb of mary.His flesh and blood was sourced from thhe virgin mary making him her son.jesus is regarded as a descendant of david by way of his human origin through mary
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2012
Romans 1:3-4
New King James Version (NKJV)

3 concerning His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who was born of the seed of David according to the flesh, 4 and declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead.

This makes it clear Jesus was a descendant of david according to the flesh.He got his flesh and blood from mary who was descended from the clan of david
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 21, 2012
k2039:
How did I prove that?

By making fun of a canonised scripture like the book of macabees.In case you don't know more detailed work about the life of the macabees are found in writings of secular historians most notable josephus.The macabees ruled over judea from the mid second century BCE till the roman conquest of judea by pompey in 63 BCE
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by k2039: 9:40pm On Aug 21, 2012
chukwudi44: Biblically, Mary was a dirty, rotten, vile, sinner

I never beleived someone who called himself a christian would say this.even a muslim would not dare describe the virgin mary in such a manner
All our holiness is as filthy rag and Mary is not an exception.What makes her Virgin Mary up till now or Holy virgin of all virgins as she is called.When it is so obvious in the scriptures that she didnt remain a virgin througout her life.
Besides whats the big deal about her being a virgin,afterall everyone is/was a virgin at a point in their liives.
My point is,since Mary didnt remain her virgin througout her life,then the title virgin mary or Holy virgin of all virgins shouldnt be ascibed to her.Virgin all virgin would have made more sense had she remain a virgin her whole life.
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2012
k2039:
All our holiness is as filthy rag and Mary is not an exception.What makes her Virgin Mary up till now or Holy virgin of all virgins as she is called.When it is so obvious in the scriptures that she didnt remain a virgin througout her life.
Besides whats the big deal about her being a virgin,afterall everyone is/was a virgin at a point in their liives.
My point is,since Mary didnt remain her virgin througout her life,then the title virgin mary or Holy virgin of all virgins shouldnt be ascibed to her.Virgin all virgin would have made more sense had she remain a virgin her whole life.

What makes hers so special is that she was the only one chosen and specially prepared to bring forth the messiah into the world.I know everyone were born virgins including pornstars but not everyone remained chaste.She did and we give her the honour.She finally shared the unique privilege of giving birth to God how wonderful
Re: Is There Any Evidence To Ascertain That Mary Is In Heaven by ijawkid(m): 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2012
chukwudi44: Those are Jesus words......

Except Jesus didn't search d heavens well enough to see where elijah and all the other partriachs of old were hidi

It is now a matter of lifting up any single bible verse that appeals to you.It is obvious the two bible passages contradict each other.But the fact remains elijah was taken up to heaven in a whirlwind.

Oboy consider Jesus words and find a way to understand when d bible says elijah was taken up into heaven.....

That's d problem with u....

That scripture I quoted just hit d nail on the head that elijah isn't in heaven....

Jesus who had been in heaven just testified to that,,,,,,

Do ur home work and find out which heaven elijah went to....

Need I remind u that after that incident elijah still did pen down more prophecies and proclamations....

Do ur research bro and stop this stiff necked argument.....

Ask urself why Jesus would say no one has ascended into heaven......

Did Jesus suffer from memory loss or there is a better explanation...

As a bible student u shuld compare scriptures to conclude on a doctrine....

Thanks....

If points are clear ,u make adjustments and move on....

No one gets hurt....thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Bible Verse Proves That Yahweh Was Not Omnipotent. / Monster Energy Drink Is A Satanic Drink - 666 / Did Jesus Forget He Was God When He Made The Following Statements In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.