Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

"DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? (2761 Views)

Some Igbo/yoruba Word Used In Urhobo/Isoko Language / Ogun: A Yoruba Word With Morethan 20 Meanings / "DURO" Na Yoruba Be Dis ??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by 19naia(m): 6:10pm On Aug 19, 2012
I am learning spanish now and the word "DURO" is a spanish word also..It means tough or hard in spanish...I remeber once in aprogram of jewish woman in Hungary during 1945 she as calling for someone to stop and she said "Dario,Dario",and the caption translated as stop.."duro in yoruba means stop or stay or wait,but in spanish wait is "esperar",and stop is "alto"...So the same word is in spanish but different meaning...The word "Duro reminded me of the word "Dura" as in "Adura",the yoruba word for pray...I began to think its related when i heard in aprogram about India and the hindu religion..There was a priest telling the story of the ancinet books of priset from 1000´s of years ago and he said the ancient word for pryer or meditation was "DUA",it reminded me od "Adura" in yoruba..I began to see relation ship between "Duro" and "Adura",when the hindu priest said that their word for prayer was "DUA" and that their prayer was notlike christiansor islam but meditation where they will Stop and Stay the body and mind to sense the spirit of being with their good and so theyjust stay quiet and still stopping everything they can....So they do associate prayer with stop and stay.................. So tiday i group words like Endurance,durable,adura and duro as related....Duro in spanish means tough and hard,and as it may not seem to mean the same as stop ,stay or endure,you must consider that the semantics of endure and Duro in spanish can include "staying power","waiting through changes of time","staying the course"..Even the act of praying connotes act of staying ,stoping and enduring asit is practiced for Edurance in a sometimes Tough and Hard world....Its all related......I need to get a portuguese dictionary to see if the word "DURO" in yoruba came to Naija with portugeuse who have very similar language to spanish....any one one know portugeuse language well
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by kabiyesiii(m): 3:27am On Mar 02, 2013
Adura in Yoruba is a contraction of "Ado Iwa", the divine force of existence. It is in odu ifa.

Duro means "stop" in Yoruba since the ancient of time. It has nothing to do with the Romance languages.
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by ODUANEGRO: 10:02am On Mar 02, 2013
kabiyesiii: Adura in Yoruba is a contraction of "Ado Iwa", the divine force of existence. It is in odu ifa.

Duro means "stop" in Yoruba since the ancient of time. It has nothing to do with the Romance languages.

So what is "Ado"?
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by ODUANEGRO: 11:52am On Mar 02, 2013
19naia: I am learning spanish now and the word "DURO" is a spanish word also..It means tough or hard in spanish...I remeber once in aprogram of jewish woman in Hungary during 1945 she as calling for someone to stop and she said "Dario,Dario",and the caption translated as stop.."duro in yoruba means stop or stay or wait,but in spanish wait is "esperar",and stop is "alto"...So the same word is in spanish but different meaning...The word "Duro reminded me of the word "Dura" as in "Adura",the yoruba word for pray...I began to think its related when i heard in aprogram about India and the hindu religion..There was a priest telling the story of the ancinet books of priset from 1000´s of years ago and he said the ancient word for pryer or meditation was "DUA",it reminded me od "Adura" in yoruba..I began to see relation ship between "Duro" and "Adura",when the hindu priest said that their word for prayer was "DUA" and that their prayer was notlike christiansor islam but meditation where they will Stop and Stay the body and mind to sense the spirit of being with their good and so theyjust stay quiet and still stopping everything they can....So they do associate prayer with stop and stay.................. So tiday i group words like Endurance,durable,adura and duro as related....Duro in spanish means tough and hard,and as it may not seem to mean the same as stop ,stay or endure,you must consider that the semantics of endure and Duro in spanish can include "staying power","waiting through changes of time","staying the course"..Even the act of praying connotes act of staying ,stoping and enduring asit is practiced for Edurance in a sometimes Tough and Hard world....Its all related......I need to get a portuguese dictionary to see if the word "DURO" in yoruba came to Naija with portugeuse who have very similar language to spanish....any one one know portugeuse language well

Quite an interesting inquiry! Thank you for bringing this here. First, allow me to go into some preambles which are not directly related with your question but which invariably helps to dissect the origin and connection between DURO and ADURA and their related findings in european languages, like Portuguese. I am not a expert on European languages but I do have thorough understanding and subject matter knowledge in Yoruba words and language.

In His infinite being and away from us, GOD is ONE, and ONE ONLY! In His manifestations and presence to us in the universe, that Oneness takes a paired and opposite aspect to itself; this is the only way in which mankind can know GOD and still remain mankind. If GOD were to manifest here in our universe in His Oneness, the magnitude of Him will be too powerful for our universe to contain that everything will be displaced from its position in the galactic orbit....gravity and magnetic force, as well as the tide and currents will all reverse course and the sun and moon will merge. Basically everything that has meaning will surrender its meaning and collapse. Therefore, our universe is tethered by the infinite balance that was ordained to hold everything together from the primordial beginning. This balance is a "DUAL" force. If that duality is lost and made into one, then the tethering will break. Everything in manifestation is held together by principles or animations which are paired and opposite and form a wholeness of life in that thing.

Language is expressed using words and words are powerful. To express that differently, words are animations and contain lifeforce. So the power of duality and divine manifestation also exist in words. The first word in the beginning of creation was "-M-", this was followed by "-D-".

"M" is that lifeforce which contains all essences (Grace) of the feminine qualities and is rooted in the sea or water of creation or the reproductive energy or the maternal elements or the womb or the opener of a path (awakener). Think of "yMy"; "oM" or "uM"; "Ma"; "Mn".....and so on. It has a positive polarity and a negative polarity.

" D " is the lifeforce relating to masculine vigour (GRANDEUR) of the masculine energy and this is symbolized by earth, security, order, safety, preservation and survival. Words like "Du"; "aD"; "Da"...and so on. There is positive and negative polarities to it.

When the two original words are combined you get "DM", from here you get the original man "aDaM" (Adimu in Yoruba); from whom the essence of "M" (life or eMi in Yoruba) was extracted to reproduce Eve (Efe or Ife in Yoruba).

"eDuMare" in Yoruba is also from the root "DM". In fact, Edumare is GOD manifest, the GOD that is with us in duality. Eledumare is GOD infite, the GOD in His ONENESS and away from us. Eledumare is the owner or the one a step above Edumare.

I want to keep this short and simple and so I will say here that DUro, DUrable, enDUrance, DUst, DUll, inDUstry, ...all have associations with earth (terra) or something present, firm and established.

Asking if DURO is a Yoruba word would be like asking if DUDU is a Yoruba word. The answer is YES, it is!

Again, thanks for bringing your inquiry here.
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by kabiyesiii(m): 5:39pm On Mar 02, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO:

So what is "Ado"?

Yoruba is a tonal language. The "Ado" in adura is the container of Aṣẹ (divine force) of existence. Ado also means settled down (settlement) which is a contraction of "ibi ti a tii duro"
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by ODUANEGRO: 7:41pm On Mar 02, 2013
kabiyesiii:

Yoruba is a tonal language. The "Ado" in adura is the container of Aṣẹ (divine force) of existence. Ado also means settled down (settlement) which is a contraction of "ibi ti a tii duro"

i think you are using conceptual approach to explain the etymology of adura. yes yoruba is tonal but it is not a conceptual language. it is an applied (functional) language. european languages are conceptual.
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by kabiyesiii(m): 8:43pm On Mar 02, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO:

i think you are using conceptual approach to explain the etymology of adura. yes yoruba is tonal but it is not a conceptual language. it is an applied (functional) language. european languages are conceptual.

Can you then tell us the meaning of Adura? Ifa is my source. What is yours?
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by kabiyesiii(m): 8:46pm On Mar 02, 2013
Language is expressed using words and words are powerful. To express that differently, words are animations and contain lifeforce. So the power of duality and divine manifestation also exist in words. The first word in the beginning of creation was "-M-", this was followed by "-D-".

"M" is that lifeforce which contains all essences (Grace) of the feminine qualities and is rooted in the sea or water of creation or the reproductive energy or the maternal elements or the womb or the opener of a path (awakener). Think of "yMy"; "oM" or "uM"; "Ma"; "Mn".....and so on. It has a positive polarity and a negative polarity.

" D " is the lifeforce relating to masculine vigour (GRANDEUR) of the masculine energy and this is symbolized by earth, security, order, safety, preservation and survival. Words like "Du"; "aD"; "Da"...and so on. There is positive and negative polarities to it.

When the two original words are combined you get "DM", from here you get the original man "aDaM" (Adimu in Yoruba); from whom the essence of "M" (life or eMi in Yoruba) was extracted to reproduce Eve (Efe or Ife in Yoruba).

"eDuMare" in Yoruba is also from the root "DM". In fact, Edumare is GOD manifest, the GOD that is with us in duality. Eledumare is GOD infite, the GOD in His ONENESS and away from us. Eledumare is the owner or the one a step above Edumare.

I want to keep this short and simple and so I will say here that DUro, DUrable, enDUrance, DUst, DUll, inDUstry, ...all have associations with earth (terra) or something present, firm and established.

Are you really serious with the above quotation?
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by ODUANEGRO: 10:49am On Mar 03, 2013
kabiyesiii:

Are you really serious with the above quotation?

oh yes, very serious! do you have any questions about it?
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by ODUANEGRO: 11:51am On Mar 03, 2013
kabiyesiii:

Can you then tell us the meaning of Adura? Ifa is my source. What is yours?

Ifa cannot possibly tell you that adura is made up of the two components, ado and iwa. this breakdown is what you ascribe to adura and its because you believed, outside of any other reasonable explanation, that a concept of prayer exist in ado and iwa.

adura is not borrowed from arabic and is not borrowed from islam, it is an ancient yoruba word in yoruba tongue, and does not comprise ado and iwa.

islam did not introduce a new language or tongue to mankind. islam simply functioned on a preexisting tongue called arabic. arabis is a family of semitic tongue. all proto semitic tongues derived from ancient hebrew which was originally kanaan. even the children of israel who speak hebrew today did not speak hebrew originally, they spoke aramaic.

yoruba was part of kanaan and the tongue is a residual of ancient spoken hebrew. this is why you see a high concentration of common words between yoruba language and the cultures of the meditteranean.

if these words were purely through attrition of islamic conquest then words such as "ara" (thunder); "ale" (night); alantakun (spider); and many others which find cognate in arabic should also be found in usage amongst those who we are said to inherit islam, and consequently arabic words, from. there are exclusive words which only are common in semitic roots and yoruba and hundreds of these exist. inspection of all muslim regions bordering yorubaland, to our west and north show that while words like "alubosa"; "alubarika"; "alujonnu" may be common, they do not prove presence by islamic influence. they may have been all along part of the yoruba tongue before islam even ever came to arabia. the presence of words such as i gave above (ara, ale, alantakun) and these- "asha'le" (late night) which finds cognate in the islamic prayer "isha" (late night prayer); "alejo" (guest or traveller) with arabic cognate in "alhaj" (guest or pilgrim) - should incite interest for discovery, rather than doubts and dismissals for whether yoruba and hebrew or semitic tongues are intimately interconnected,. interconnection between the two is not as a result of religious influence and influx but because yoruba was at one point (predating islam) a native of kanaan, the hebrew people.

even in religious rites, traditional yoruba worship is close knit with islamic and judaic rituals and egyptian as well. there is nothing of all these that denies pride in the blackness and afro centric culture of yoruba but denying its roots and ancient history is worse than a blasphemy of oath.
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by kabiyesiii(m): 2:54pm On Mar 03, 2013
@ ODUA_NEGRO:
Ifa cannot possibly tell you that adura is made up of the two components, ado and iwa. this breakdown is what you ascribe to adura and its because you believed, outside of any other reasonable explanation, that a concept of prayer exist in ado and iwa.

Ifa is the repository of everything Yoruba. It is our "alpha and omega". Without ifa, there is no Yoruba or its sub-groups. Gbabẹẹ!!!!

Ọrunmila is a contraction of “ọrun ni o mọ ẹni tio ma la=>> it is heaven that knows who shall be saved
Ọmọluabi is a contraction of “ọmọ ti olu iwa bi” =>> personification of supreme character/divine existence
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by ODUANEGRO: 5:30pm On Mar 03, 2013
kabiyesiii: @ ODUA_NEGRO:

Ifa is the repository of everything Yoruba. It is our "alpha and omega". Without ifa, there is no Yoruba or its sub-groups. Gbabẹẹ!!!!

Ọrunmila is a contraction of “ọrun ni o mọ ẹni tio ma la=>> it is heaven that knows who shall be saved
Ọmọluabi is a contraction of “ọmọ ti olu iwa bi” =>> personification of supreme character/divine existence

you are not studying, you are reading into Ifa. If you study Ifa some of what i already explained in the primordial tongue will be revealed to you.

again, you are applying conceptual reasoning to illustrate the meaning of Orunmila. By your interpretation you are saying that mankind has no contributions in his own redemption, it is a predetermined conclusion by heaven who is saved and who is condemned.

the supreme character is not something modeled by God himself, since we are talking about habits and actions and demeanor, they have to be modeled......there is an awakener, a teacher who exhibits these codes of character to lead the way, to set the omoluabi example. who was this divine character, the manifest of the supreme code of behavior, does he have a name?
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by kabiyesiii(m): 7:51pm On Mar 03, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO:

you are not studying, you are reading into Ifa. If you study Ifa some of what i already explained in the primordial tongue will be revealed to you.

again, you are applying conceptual reasoning to illustrate the meaning of Orunmila. By your interpretation you are saying that mankind has no contributions in his own redemption, it is a predetermined conclusion by heaven who is saved and who is condemned.

the supreme character is not something modeled by God himself, since we are talking about habits and actions and demeanor, they have to be modeled......there is an awakener, a teacher who exhibits these codes of character to lead the way, to set the omoluabi example. who was this divine character, the manifest of the supreme code of behavior, does he have a name?

Here is a link to confirm the meaning of Ọrunmila by a well known Babalawo, Yẹmi Ẹlẹbuibọn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lCLn67i62jY#t=138s

Ifa says a man's salvation is in his hands, based on his deeds on earth. One must have iwapẹlẹ in order to be an ọmọluabi. There is no forgiveness of sins. Nobody came to die for your sins. You reap what you sow. Ko si ohun aṣegbe la'ye. Aye l'ọja, ọrun ni ile.

The supreme character is Ifa. Ifa represents the wisdom energy of Eledumare. Ifa is spiritually manifested as Ẹla, and physically manifested as Ọrunmila.

Ọmọluabi has nothing to do with Noah.
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by DuduNegro: 1:29am On Mar 04, 2013
kabiyesiii:

Here is a link to confirm the meaning of Ọrunmila by a well known Babalawo, Yẹmi Ẹlẹbuibọn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lCLn67i62jY#t=138s

Ifa says a man's salvation is in his hands, based on his deeds on earth. One must have iwapẹlẹ in order to be an ọmọluabi. There is no forgiveness of sins. Nobody came to die for your sins. You reap what you sow. Ko si ohun aṣegbe la'ye. Aye l'ọja, ọrun ni ile.

The supreme character is Ifa. Ifa represents the wisdom energy of Eledumare. Ifa is spiritually manifested as Ẹla, and physically manifested as Ọrunmila.

Ọmọluabi has nothing to do with Noah.

if salvation of man is in his own hands, then this clearly is a functional aspect of his relationship with other life forces in his environment. through his interaction and journey through life he is able to score points towards salvation by toeing the commandments of social living. he is not absolute but rather an active participant in the credits he earns while living. this clearly negates the principle of your earlier interpretation of orunmila. you are using conceptual imagery to give meaning to functional rites. that's inconsistent and incompatible.

also, if your definition of orunmila is anything to take seriously, then why does man even bother to do good? whats the need for omoluabi when all your good deeds may end up of no profit if you are in the rank of those who. orunmila has condemned?

baba elebuibon is a well respected babalawo and im not sure you are doing justice to what he intended in his teachings.

there are yorubas who dont believe the race has foreign roots. i dont know which camp baba elebuibon belongs but i do know that those who favor ile ife as the native land have a penchant for giving conceptual interpretations to the words and terms in yoruba.
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by DuduNegro: 2:42am On Mar 04, 2013
Here is from Araba of Ife, reciting oral history of Yoruba to John Wyndham and in the presence of Ooni of Ife. I do hope you know what "Araba" stand for in Yorubaland.

Arába speaks:I am the voice of Ífa, messenger of all the Gods:

to me the histories are known, and I will tell you of the days of the Descent. How Old Arámfè sent The Gods from Heaven, and Odudúwa stoleThe bag—my king has told you. . .

For many a day across unwatered plains the Great Ones journeyed, and sandy deserts—for such is the stern bar set by Arámfè 'twixt his smiling vales and the stark cliff's edge which his sons approached. Tremblingly, till from the sandy brink they peered down the sheer precipice. Behind them lay the parched, forbidding leagues; but yet the Sun was there, and breezes soft, and yet the mountains—A faded line beyond the shimmering waste—called back to mind their ancient home. Beneath hung chaos—dank blackness and the threatening roar of untamed waters. Then Odudúwa spoke:"Orísha, what did we? And what fault was ours? Outcasts to-day; to-morrow we must seek our destiny in dungeons, and beneath that yawning blackness we must found a city for unborn men. Better a homeless life in desert places: dare we turn and flee to some lost valley of the hills?

As you can see here is Araba, in company of Ooni narrating a story of the origin and using references to a desert and mountainous landscape. There is no desert or mountain in Ile-Ife, Nigeria. This story is not their invention....it passed down from Ooni to Ooni, from Araba to Araba. This was a narrative of a people who at one time lived near a desert plain bordered on one end by a mountainous range and on the other by a sea.

This narration is consistent with the discovery that Yoruba is Kanaan. With that it should not be a wonder that Yoruba share rites and language with that area, outside of a much later entry by islam.
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by kabiyesiii(m): 2:42am On Mar 04, 2013
@ Dudu_Negro:
if salvation of man is in his own hands, then this clearly is a functional aspect of his relationship with other life forces in his environment. through his interaction and journey through life he is able to score points towards salvation by toeing the commandments of social living. he is not absolute but rather an active participant in the credits he earns while living. this clearly negates the principle of your earlier interpretation of orunmila. you are using conceptual imagery to give meaning to functional rites. that's inconsistent and incompatible.

also, if your definition of orunmila is anything to take seriously, then why does man even bother to do good? whats the need for omoluabi when all your good deeds may end up of no profit if you are in the rank of those who. orunmila has condemned?

baba elebuibon is a well respected babalawo and im not sure you are doing justice to what he intended in his teachings.

there are yorubas who dont believe the race has foreign roots. i dont know which camp baba elebuibon belongs but i do know that those who favor ile ife as the native land have a penchant for giving conceptual interpretations to the words and terms in yoruba.

You are now the self-styled authority on "conceptual interpretations" of Yoruba worldview. O ga o.

You are an educated christian that lack that deep thought process, which is typical. Your mumbo-jumbo write up is full of wishful thinking.

If you know the true history of Christianity, you will be ashamed being a Christian. The same applies to Islam since Islam came out of Christianity.
Are you saying that you don’t know the right from wrong? Do you need guidance from the Church/Bible on that? Rather, look within. It is embedded in every culture.

Thus, knowing the right from wrong but perpetrating evilness means “you reap what you sow”. Thousands of Jesus Christ + Yahweh/Jehovah will not save you.
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by kabiyesiii(m): 3:15am On Mar 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro: Here is from Araba of Ife, reciting oral history of Yoruba to John Wyndham and in the presence of Ooni of Ife. I do hope you know what "Araba" stand for in Yorubaland.

As you can see here is Araba, in company of Ooni narrating a story of the origin and using references to a desert and mountainous landscape. There is no desert or mountain in Ile-Ife, Nigeria. This story is not their invention....it passed down from Ooni to Ooni, from Araba to Araba. This was a narrative of a people who at one time lived near a desert plain bordered on one end by a mountainous range and on the other by a sea.

This narration is consistent with the discovery that Yoruba is Kanaan. With that it should not be a wonder that Yoruba share rites and language with that area, outside of a much later entry by islam.

What you posted is part of Yoruba myth of creation. The Oriṣa were on earth prior to human beings.

Bible is fabrication of other peoples' myth and you will see aspects of that in the following link. Here is what the descendants of the Araba say about Ọranfẹ and the archaeological evidence is still there in Ile Ife:
http://orishada.com/wordpress/?m=201109
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by DuduNegro: 3:46am On Mar 04, 2013
i am a fanatic when it comes to Yoruba history and roots. i am sure if internet access was this widely available and as well robust 100yrs or so ago as it is now the discussion on yoruba roots would have been concluded before our time and we wouldnt be questioning the roots . we dont question the alphabets, even though they are approximations and are not fully representative of our tonal tongue.

so there is hope that with the tenacity and drive of believers in the root story, in another 40yrs from now the whole Yoruba and indeed the world will cometo accept the obvious.

i am not an authority on cenceptual interpretations but im a subject matter expert on ancient manuscripts and symbology......
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by DuduNegro: 3:56am On Mar 04, 2013
kabiyesiii:

What you posted is part of Yoruba myth of creation. The Oriṣa were on earth prior to human beings.

Bible is fabrication of other peoples' myth and you will see aspects of that in the following link. Here is what the descendants of the Araba say about Ọranfẹ and the archaeological evidence is still there in Ile Ife:

....but Araba and Ooni are narrating Yoruba myths, so bible has nothing to do with that. in their narration they are describing a landscape consistent with arabian peninsula, not a tropical forest. how do we explain this?
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by kabiyesiii(m): 4:43am On Mar 04, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

....but Araba and Ooni are narrating Yoruba myths, so bible has nothing to do with that. in their narration they are describing a landscape consistent with arabian peninsula, not a tropical forest. how do we explain this?

According to Ile-Ifẹ tradition, Ọranfẹ and Obarese descended from heaven at the same time. They descended to Iloya with chain like other Oriṣa. Obarese was a powerful man during his time on earth and had many magical elements at his disposal. Ọranfẹ is Obasere's older brother. Because of his power, Ọranfẹ wanted Obarese to leave his domain. Ọranfẹ has ara (thunder) and is the first God that had the power where fire could come out from his mouth. Obarese can cause rain to fall whenever he wants.

Ifa was consulted, and Ọranfẹ told Obarese that he is to have a wife. Ọranfẹ then slapped the rib of Obarese and changed the rib into a woman. The name of the woman is Osere. sounds familiar??
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by kabiyesiii(m): 3:59am On Mar 05, 2013
@ Dudu_Negro:

You have to be careful of the translations. Why don’t you provide the original text in Yoruba to compare and contrast?

Moreover, the climate and the landscape before and during the last Ice Age were totally different to what you have right now. The desert areas of today were at that time, rainforests. And the sea level was much lower than now.
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by DuduNegro: 7:16am On Mar 05, 2013
......please leave ice age out of this, it has nothing to do with what we are talking about. this topic is on the verge of derailment if it hasn't already happened.

where is op?
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by kabiyesiii(m): 7:02pm On Mar 05, 2013
Dudu_Negro: ......please leave ice age out of this, it has nothing to do with what we are talking about. this topic is on the verge of derailment if it hasn't already happened.

where is op?

This is Red Herring!!!!

You were in a rush to respond without thinking through, which shows a lack of deep thought process.

You have not provided the Yoruba text to back up your theory. Playing devil’s advocate, even a cave man will agree that climatic condition is never constant over the length of time you are suggesting.
Re: "DURO" Na Yoruba Word Be Dis?? by DuduNegro: 9:58pm On Mar 05, 2013
you want original yoruba text for an oral history whose first recording was rendered in english. this is like asking for original yoruba manuscript of samuel johnson's history of the yorubas.

you have lost your bearings!

if you must know i did not click any of the links you provided, they were topics of discussion here three years ago and they were debunked as un-authentic. so find something else new to disprove what Araba and Ooni have narrated, afterall if you are claiming Ifa is the alpha and omega of Yoruba then you ought to submit to what Araba has said and invoke him as the source of the truth.......assuming you know what Araba represent in Yorubaland.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Reason When Choosing The Type Of Food You Eat. / Can You Really Tell What Tribe A Person Comes From, From Looking At Them? / South African Guys Are Not Hot Like The Ones In The Shaka Zulu Movie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.