Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,836 members, 7,802,680 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

How to Lose Weight With Nigeria Food - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How to Lose Weight With Nigeria Food (25937 Views)

Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks / Nigeria’s Food Import Hits N4.2 Trillion Yearly, Says Body / Can Anyone Export Nigeria Food To South Africa For Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Lose Weight With Nigeria Food by Sparkle777(f): 5:49pm On Nov 13, 2012
thanks a lot. Op. Pls what can i do to blast my tummy quick witout much stress?
Re: How to Lose Weight With Nigeria Food by WAM1(f): 6:56pm On Nov 13, 2012
On point!
Re: How to Lose Weight With Nigeria Food by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 13, 2012
~Royal~:
The Best Weight Loss Solution in Nigeria is to have Unprotected Sexx in Benue State for 3 weeks straight.

^
Re: How to Lose Weight With Nigeria Food by trufavs(f): 9:52pm On Nov 13, 2012
Nice post OP.

There are different ways Nigerian foods can be adapted for weight loss.

One of the ways I have been able to drop a dress size is by eating more vegetables and mostly protein. It is also helpful to be flexible by embracing vegetables from different cultures, that way you'll enjoy more healthy options.

In the preparation of the green vegetables, I do not use palm oil, rather I use very little vegetable oil (canola oil) or extra virgin olive oil and put fish or chicken in it. You can take this with moin-moin or wheat bread. In losing weight, you can still make your food fun by preparing it yourself and to your taste. So that the veggies retain their nutrients, add at the very last stage of cooking. Let the veggies steam rather than cook (As long as you make sure you wash your veggies properly)

Also make steamed or stir fried combination of carrots, peas, onions, red & green bell peppers, chilli flakes (blend dry chillis in the dry blender to easily make yours), tomatoes and chicken (or serve with grilled or cooked fish at the end) (you can add some brocolli - which I was pleasantly surprised to find in the market smiley ) You can eat this with whole wheat wraps (Recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/whole-wheat-wraps/ ) or buy wheat pasta. For the wheat flour just buy wheat grain from the market, you can usually grind them there too.

Sweet potatoes: they have a low glycemic index and eaten in moderation are healthy too.

Eating in moderation, grilling instead of frying, poaching eggs instead of frying are ways you can promote healthy eating. Also be sure to drink loads or water, exercise(even if its 10mins brisk walk daily)and avoid eating after 7pm

Quite tired now, so sorry if my post is not too organised wink
Re: How to Lose Weight With Nigeria Food by Lmodric: 8:26am On Nov 14, 2012
Waw,this sounds great
Re: How to Lose Weight With Nigeria Food by risitolani(f): 6:58am On Dec 06, 2012
My questions goes thus:
1)Is it true that sperm/contraceptives contributes to excess weight.

2)What nigerian snacks are to take instead of taking the likes of gala/all types of chips/chin chin/donuts/puff puff,etc.

3)What is the best tym to have breakfast/lunch/dinner?

4)How can one burn belle fat completely with nigerian food/fruits?

5)Is it advisable to add milk when drinking tea?

6)What nigerian foods are for breakfast?

I will b greatful if all this questions r answered.
Re: How to Lose Weight With Nigeria Food by marketresearch: 2:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
for Nigerians looking for Nigerian food in the US, you can get your ingredients here - http://www.nigerianfoods.com/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? / This Thread Is For Food Lovers ( Foodies)..upload The Foods You Eat. / How Much Do You Like 'Ponmo'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.