Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead (6936 Views)

Nigeria's Communication Minister Is Dead? / The Self-appointment Of Buhari As Petroleum Minister Is Unconstitutional - Epaul / EFCC Swoops On Diezani’s Residence In Abuja As Ex-minister Is Arrested In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by chikeze(m): 2:45pm On Dec 27, 2007
former pakistani prime minister died this afternoon after a suicide bomber deternated his explosive near her convoy as she was about entering her bullet proof jeep after a rally. sad
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by chikeze(m): 2:49pm On Dec 27, 2007
them done succeed to kill the poor woman. bad belle people sad
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by babasin(m): 2:57pm On Dec 27, 2007
all fingers to USA.

Now, the only big opposition to Musharaf is dead.

She was a dummy to accept to come-back and work with Musaraf.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by TayoD1(m): 3:04pm On Dec 27, 2007
@topic,

It is so unfortunate that she died just like that. I hope her own shildren won't suffer the safe fate that began with her father.

@babasin,

Was it the US that pulled the trigger that killed her? When are we going to start holding responsible those who carry out such attrocities and stop blaming circumstances presumably created by the US or others? what does the US stand to gain from her death? She was pro-US to the core!
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by babasin(m): 3:29pm On Dec 27, 2007
Was it the US that pulled the trigger that killed her? When are we going to start holding responsible those who carry out such attrocities and stop blaming circumstances presumably created by the US or others? what does the US stand to gain from her death? She was pro-US to the core!

US has no friend or enermy. so forget this pro-US story. Abiola was equally killed by same US and he was pro-US.

Musharaf is still helping the US to fight the alqeda; to help get Osama and secure Afghan.

US needs him for that, atleast for now. No strong opposition is allowed for that reason.

Above is already demonstrated how BUSH supportted Musharaf to plan coup against his own country last month!
US does not need to pull the trigger, they have proxies everywhere to do.

Did US pull the rope that kill Saddam?
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by nossycheek(f): 3:35pm On Dec 27, 2007
BB. had generated a lot of bad blood and ought to have stayed out of politics after 2 reigns in a volatile environment. The problem is that people push their ambitions too far that they don't know when to retreat.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by tpia: 3:37pm On Dec 27, 2007
terrible news.

may she RIP.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by babasin(m): 3:47pm On Dec 27, 2007
BB. had generated a lot of bad blood and ought to have stayed out of politics after 2 reigns in a volatile environment. The problem is that people push their ambitions too far that they don't know when to retreat.

Yes but dont forget also, if anyone can win in Paki free & fair election, its BB. she has the followers!

That's why Musharaf was going to use her to win election(musharaf pardon her and encourage her to come home) until he got a better coup-idea backed by US.

Musharaf was the ONLY person to plan a coup against himself!

At that moment, I agree she should have seen the handwriting on the wall and escape.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Carlosein(m): 3:55pm On Dec 27, 2007
nossycheek:

i beg to disagree with you nossycheek, she retreated and saw no good come out of it hence the return.

nigerians have been retreating since God only knows when, see what good it has done us.

may her soul rest in perfect peace.

Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by naijaking1: 4:01pm On Dec 27, 2007
Like her father, she has paid the ultimate sacrifice for her beloved country.

Nigeria will not go forward until our leaders are angry enough, and dedicated enough to offer to pay the ultimate sacrifice on behalf of our country if it should become necessary.

May her soul RIP.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by bolaoni(m): 4:07pm On Dec 27, 2007
hmmmm

What a shocking news to hear. BB was first attacked after she came back home and about 130 people was claimed to have been killed. What gave her the confidence to still think she is safe in Pakistan?

Why did she allow herself to be conned into returning anyway?

RIP BB

cry
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by babasin(m): 4:19pm On Dec 27, 2007
Nigeria will not go forward until our leaders are angry enough, and dedicated enough to offer to pay the ultimate sacrifice on behalf of our country if it should become necessary.

I am afraid she died for nothing!

Abiola did same, ran away, came back and died drinking tea with US-agents for nothing.

election in 2007 was worse than in 1993: he basically died for nothing.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by davidif: 4:21pm On Dec 27, 2007
oma se o. I just woke up this morning and found out about it, what a shame. Rest In Peace.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by spora(m): 4:32pm On Dec 27, 2007
This is so unfortunate! Imagine!

This is a clear case of murder by Musharaf and his cohorts.

May her soul RIP
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by babasin(m): 4:35pm On Dec 27, 2007
All those saying it was musharraf need to keep quiet, the woman was killed by a suicide bomber and the last time i checked, Bhutto was a female in an islamic fundamentalist country running for presidency, which made her an enemy to a lot of people.

there you go. she was already two-time president. The same islamic country is more open to WOMEN president than your US-DEMOCRAZY.

Musharraf invited her to come since he needs her to win election before he dream-up his coup-strategy

Western powers saw in her a popular leader with liberal leanings who could bring much needed legitimacy to Mr Musharraf's role in the "war against terror".

--
Benazir's other brother, Shahnawaz - also politically active but in less violent ways than Murtaza - was found dead in his French Riviera apartment in 1985.

--
Her brother, Murtaza, won elections from exile in 1993 and became a provincial legislator, returning home soon afterwards, only to be shot dead under mysterious circumstances in 1996.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by holythug(m): 4:36pm On Dec 27, 2007
RIP  sad
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by chikeze(m): 5:13pm On Dec 27, 2007
musharaff has made her a martyr. she was a very brave woman. history shall judge musharaff for this cowardly act of shame cry
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Carlosein(m): 5:16pm On Dec 27, 2007
@poster
was it only a bomb that killed her? by the accounts i read she was first shot in the neck and chest, and then the shooter detonated a bomb planted on his body.

see link below:

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20071227/D8TPSLIO0.html
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 27, 2007
I was just about to ask when the US would be blamed for this murder . . . i see someone has already beat me to it.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 27, 2007
babasin:

there you go. she was already two-time president. The same islamic country is more open to WOMEN president than your US-DEMOCRAZY.

no she was 2-time prime minister. 1988 - 1990 and 1993 - 1996.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Busta(f): 5:27pm On Dec 27, 2007
Was just following it now on CNN.

Really sad. . Then again, she saw it coming.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 27, 2007
I had to take a break from my Christmas holidays to comment on this one after they interrupted my "price is right" to break this news.
Chai, so the enemies of progress have succeded in cutting down this brave woman?
What on earth is wrong with these imbeciles?

I saw her on CNN the other day talking about how she may pay the ultimate price,it almost felt like she was preaching at her own funeral.
I hope the rest of her family flee to Britain and leave that God forsaken Pakistan for good.
Islama[b]bad [/b]  is really a  bad place to live.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Iman3(m): 5:34pm On Dec 27, 2007
nwando:

I hope the rest of her family flee to Britain and leave that God forsaken Pakistan for good.
Islama[b]bad [/b] is really a bad place to live.

Chukwu ekwena angry Let them flee to the US instead.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 27, 2007
I-man:

Chukwu ekwena angry Let them flee to the US instead.

Anywhere western but Paki

I screamed out loud on hearing the sad news.
I loved that woman just like I love all brave women (and men)
Not too many people would be as brave as she was,walking amongst serpents.
If I had wealth and fame,I would name a prominent center after her.
I pray that God Almighty consoles her family and uses this time to draw them unto himself.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by otuonye(m): 5:46pm On Dec 27, 2007
Believe it or not, US and George Bush have hands in this! Is the idea of a coup [as suggested by Pervez Musharraf and supported by George Bush] a means of surviving in democracy?

To make matters worse, Pervex has just spilled innocence blood because of his greed for power. But one thing is sure: What goes around, comes around. Pervez should wait for his own bloody death-day.

proudly nigerian
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 27, 2007
Benazir Bhutto, the eldest child of Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, was born on June 21, 1953, at Karachi. She attended Lady Jennings Nursery School and then Convent of Jesus and Mary in Karachi. After two years of schooling at the Rawalpindi Presentation Convent, she was sent to the Jesus and Mary Convent at Murree. She passed her O-level examination at the age of 15. In April 1969, she got admission in the You. S. at Harvard University's Radcliffe College. In June 1973, Benazir graduated from Harvard University with a degree in Political Science. After graduating from Harvard, Benazir joined Oxford University in the fall of 1973. Just before graduation, Benazir was elected to the Standing Committee of the most prestigious Oxford Union Debating Society.
In 1976, she graduated in P. P. E. (Politics, Philosophy and Economics). In the autumn of 1976, Benazir returned once again to Oxford to do a one-year postgraduate course. In January 1977, she was elected the President of the Oxford Union. Benazir Bhutto returned to Pakistan in June 1977. She wanted to join the Foreign Service but her father wanted her to contest the Assembly election. As she was not yet of age, Benazir Bhutto assisted her father as an advisor.

At the age of 35, she was the youngest and the first woman Prime Minister to lead a Muslim nation in modern age. During her first term, she started Peoples Program for economic uplift of the masses. Benazir Bhutto also lifted a ban on student and trade unions.

http://www.storyofpakistan.com/person.asp?perid=P024
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 27, 2007
otuonye:

Believe it or not, US and George Bush have hands in this! Is the idea of a coup [as suggested by Pervez Musharraf and supported by George Bush] a means of surviving in democracy?

What else does George Bush have a hand in? The perenial hold ups on third mainland bridge?
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Carlosein(m): 6:28pm On Dec 27, 2007
davidylan:

What else does George Bush have a hand in? The perenial hold ups on third mainland bridge?

ROFL grin grin grin
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Iman3(m): 6:34pm On Dec 27, 2007
Ehmm . . . .lets not forget that she was indicted by Swiss magistrates for money laundering and was investigated by French and Polish authorities for same.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Carlosein(m): 6:58pm On Dec 27, 2007
I-man:

Ehmm . . . .lets not forget that she was indicted by Swiss magistrates for money laundering and was investigated by French and Polish authorities for same.

Ehmm, hope you are not saying this is an excuse for her assassination
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Iman3(m): 7:06pm On Dec 27, 2007
Carlosein:

Ehmm, hope you are not saying this is an excuse for her assassination

The praise singing was getting a bit over the top.She was corrupt and inept.She contributed significantly to bring Pakistan to financial ruins.

She once supported the Taliban,seeing them as a convenient tool to determine events in neighboring Afghanistan.The Taliban experiment eventually got out of hand.Afghanistan became a cesspool of International Islamic terrorists. Inevitably,the jihadists problem seeped into Pakistan and may ultimately have led to her murder.The country is now the epicentre for organisations like al-Qaeda and their ilk.
Re: Benazir Bhutto Former Pakistani Prime Minister Is Dead by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 27, 2007
I-man:

The praise singing was getting a bit over the top.She was corrupt and inept.She contributed significantly to bring Pakistan to financial ruins.

She once supported the Taliban,seeing them as a convenient tool to determine events in neighboring Afghanistan.The Taliban experiment eventually got out of hand.Afghanistan became a cesspool of International Islamic terrorists. Inevitably,the jihadists problem seeped into Pakistan and may ultimately have led to her murder.The country is now the epicentre for organisations like al-Qaeda and their ilk.

Are you saying she chopped money?
OSANOBUA!!!!!!!!!
was she madam Etteh in a hijab?
I didn't know that part o

she still didn't deserve to be killed like a dog.
No one deserves to die in such an undignified manner

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Am More Than A Conqueror – Mrs Ajimobi / Presidential Tribunal: Don’t Be Used By Politicians – Ohanaeze Begs Youths / Enugu May Lose Power Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.