Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

French Schengen Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / French Schengen Visa (2355 Views)

Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy / Schengen Visa From French Embassy London - Eu Spouse / Can The Holder Of Uk Visa Travel To Other Eu Countries? Like Schengen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

French Schengen Visa by MinnyKay(f): 11:45am On Aug 20, 2012
Morning everyone. All the experts please help. I have a 6 months uk visa and plan to spend 3 days in Paris when in london for a 2 weeks holiday. I read the requirements for schengen visa on the France-ng.com. My question is, can I book an easyjet weekend break or Eurostar city break for the 3 days and use as my prepaid transport and prepaid hotel in place of confirmed airline reservation and hotel booking? Thank you all.
Re: French Schengen Visa by Vicjustice: 12:44pm On Aug 20, 2012
MinnyKay: Morning everyone. All the experts please help. I have a 6 months uk visa and plan to spend 3 days in Paris when in london for a 2 weeks holiday. I read the requirements for schengen visa on the France-ng.com. My question is, can I book an easyjet weekend break or Eurostar city break for the 3 days and use as my prepaid transport and prepaid hotel in place of confirmed airline reservation and hotel booking? Thank you all.
The UK visa does not entitle you to enter France, and you can't apply for the Schengen visa from the UK if you don't have its Residence Permit; you need make the application in nigeria:
Re: French Schengen Visa by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 20, 2012
yes you can
but you would need to apply in nigeria for the visa, and include reservation for your trip to london with your schengen application.
give an itinerary of ur trip as well in your application

Its better to pick eurostar/easy jet and hotel accomodation that gives you free cancellation policy - you would be surprised how plans could change
Re: French Schengen Visa by MinnyKay(f): 4:21pm On Aug 20, 2012
Salsera and Vicjustice thanks for replying. Vicjustice, I intend to apply from Lagos Nigeria. I also will attach my Lagos-London return ticket as well. Salsera, I just wasn't certain that the French will be cool wit the prepaid holiday since their requirements say: Confirmed flight reservation and hotel booking. For the avoidance of doubt, I have all the other requirements and I work for a well paying govt agency. All annual leave, officail and financial documentations are intact and very ok. Thank you.
Re: French Schengen Visa by Fm007: 10:29am On Aug 22, 2012
Guys i need a little help an advice on hw 2process france shenge visa.wat r the requirement
Re: French Schengen Visa by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 22, 2012
You will be fine - as long as you have reservation of your trip and hotel booking. My advice for not picking pre-paid booking is not for the sake of the embassy but its for you cos your plans may change. Most hotels have options for reservations with free cancellation policy so pick those options, choose such options for eurostar too.

I did the same and got my schengen but unfortunately i prepaid eurostar and then my planned date changed and lost the initial ticket money.

Fm007
check online for the requirements at vfs website
google is your friend
Re: French Schengen Visa by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 22, 2012
salsera:

You will be fine - as long as you have reservation of your trip and hotel booking. My advice for not picking pre-paid booking is not for the sake of the embassy but its for you cos your plans may change. Most hotels have options for reservations with free cancellation policy so pick those options, choose such options for eurostar too.

I did the same and got my schengen but unfortunately i prepaid eurostar and then my planned date changed and lost the initial ticket money.

Fm007
check online for the requirements at vfs website
google is your friend

I don't know whatelse to do to get you to PM me. cheesy anyway this is the last time I'm making any attempt. My email is on elle's 'Want Uk Accommodation' thread and you can see a similar response of mine on 'Students going to the uk'. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

The Cleanest Cities In The World / Help!! Turkish Visa Through GHANA / Who Will Sponsor Me To Visit Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.