Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Dear Black Americans - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Dear Black Americans (1870 Views)

Why Do (some) Nigerians Abroad Despise Black Americans? / Why Do Africans Look At Black Americans As A Source Of Shame? / Are Africans Proud Of Black Americans? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Black Americans by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 20, 2012
watch the video and answer the questions in your comments....[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-r1kB3CgRM&feature=player_detailpage

1 Like

Re: Dear Black Americans by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 20, 2012
I have a question....Op what is your opinion of the guy in the white shirt with the La hat on.

What do you think of all his comments.
Re: Dear Black Americans by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 20, 2012
These are the same people that usually ask the elementary-level questions about Africa.

I've learned to ignore such questions. AA are so far disconnected from Africa that I'd understand if they ask to have "African" removed from their racial description.

If you dislike the single story the media portrays of you, then it's time to learn beyond what the media portrays of Africa and Africans. lol.

One lady said "If I take the time to make the connections myself, then it would be wonderful" ===> priceless and precisely right.
Re: Dear Black Americans by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 20, 2012
I bet one neo-nazi is laughing his azz out at this video.

But it's just the reality of things.
Re: Dear Black Americans by MrsChima(f): 8:06pm On Aug 21, 2012
Lmao @ Royal and moderators hiding certain peoples comments.

Typical.

1 Like

Re: Dear Black Americans by Nobody: 3:19am On Oct 29, 2012
forget the video!
LOL @ all of the deleted posts.

wtf happened? grin
Re: Dear Black Americans by Nobody: 4:36am On Oct 29, 2012
The guy in the black shirt with the glasses, the sister in the brown shirt with the short cut and the brother with the white shirt and LA fitted were all sensible and educated about Africa and their roots.

I loved their answers.
Not only were they on point but they have debunked any or all claims that are/were on this thread/site about AAs being ignorant and disconnected with Africa.

#ultimateSLAYING. cool

Now the op asked us to answer the questions...i will have to watch the video again to do so.
Maybe tomorrow. I'm too tired. grin
Re: Dear Black Americans by MrsChima(f): 4:45pm On Oct 29, 2012
Damn! Where should I start? On the hidden posts? grin grin grin

Let me watch the video...BRB.
Re: Dear Black Americans by MrsChima(f): 4:57pm On Oct 29, 2012
*Kails*:
The guy in the black shirt with the glasses, the sister in the brown shirt with the short cut and the brother with the white shirt and LA fitted were all sensible and educated about Africa and their roots.

I loved their answers.
Not only were they on point but they have debunked any or all claims that are/were on this thread/site about AAs being ignorant and disconnected with Africa.

#ultimateSLAYING. cool

Now the op asked us to answer the questions...i will have to watch the video again to do so.
Maybe tomorrow. I'm too tired. grin

Well sis...you can't expect some of them to say anything positive about the Black Americans they have come across...it is the same thing for those who aren't Africans have negative things to say about Africans they have came across. People can only speak what they know and it is evident in their speech, writings, and conversations.

I have noticed blacks on both sides of the World tends to get their information from the media and the opinions of others. Where else can a peasant get his/her personal information from if they never left their village/state/city/country?

Some Americans have made statements that Africans do not embrace Black Americans and some Africans have made statements about Black Americans are not embracing Africans. As you can see both sides are wrong and ignorant.

It is funny how Hitler hated the whole group of Jews because a Jew student won the art scholarship over him. He vowed to exterminate all Jews including others over an anger he had with a Jew student as in singular. Some Black Americans who have never met an African only harbored stereotypes via White Mainstream Media and Africans who have shared that they had/have negative concept about Black Americans because they were rejected by a few Black Americans that wouldn't shake their hand and called them jungle niggas.

As I have stated before Black unity and awareness is dead and will NEVER prosper. I stand on that.

Let me finish the video....BRB.
Re: Dear Black Americans by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:00pm On Oct 29, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

It is funny how Hitler hated the whole group of Jews because a Jew student won the art scholarship over him. He vowed to exterminate all Jews including others over an anger he had with a Jew student as in singular.

what arrant nonsense is this?! angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Certificate Of Origin / 13 Things You Must Know Before You Marry An Ijebu Girl / Unification Of Yoruba Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.