Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,988 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' (3219 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Should Christians Support Israel In Their Middle East Wars - Vote / Should Christians Support The Death Penalty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 21, 2012
This matter never ceases to baffle me as to why a large proportion of Christians support the physical nation called 'ISRAEL' despite their endless atrocities and unruly behaviour.

1 . These mostly atheist people are referred to as God's chosen people, but this is false. How can atheists be God chosen people How can people who perform the following acts be God's chosen :

- Reject Christ
- Malign the way of righteousness
- Carry out brutal wars and acts of terror
- Who still believe in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

God's chosen people are the church and spiritual Israel . Once there was a nation called Israel made up of only Jews. But now we have the Israel of GOD which is made up of both Jew and Gentile without favouritism.

Let us see what the bible says about this important matter.

" But far be it from me to boast, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world hath been crucified unto me, and I unto the world. For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation. And as many as shall walk by this rule, peace be upon them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God."

The promise was always going to be by faith through Abraham's seed which was through Israel ( Jacob ). These great men found favour with God not because of ethnicity but by faith.

Romans 9:6–12 -But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For they are not all Israel who are descended from Israel; 7 nor are they all children because they are Abraham's descendants, but: "THROUGH ISAAC YOUR DESCENDANTS WILL BE NAMED."

Verse 6b: "They are not all Israel who are descended from Israel."
Verse 7a: " Nor are they all children because they are Abraham's descendants."
Verse 8: "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants."

God is not a racist.

God still loves the Jews and wishes that they will turn to him and repent and be grafted back into the vine, but if they continue in their rebellion they can in no way be counted as a chosen nation or the Israel of God.

"He did this by ending the system of law with its commandments and regulations. He made peace between Jews and Gentiles by creating in himself one new people from the two groups." - Ephesians 2:15

One new People consisting of Jew and Gentiles called the Israel of GOD. To be honest I will say the nation of Israel is an usurper.

We are ISRAEL , yes the CHURCH is ISRAEL.

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." - 1 Peter 2:9

So next time you support Israel in their various wars, remember you are definitely not on God's side.

"Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist--he denies the Father and the Son." - 1 John 2:22

and yet even when the Jews deny Christ , we go against the bible and this verse in particular written by a fellow Jew under the inspiration of God , who called all those who deny Christ as anti-Christ , and call them God's chosen people just because of their race. This is racism.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 21, 2012
2. You might be supporting the anti-Christ unknowingly

ISRAEL might be the anti-Christ spoken about in the bible.

1. They received a deadly wound in 70AD when the Romans sacked Jerusalem and destroyed the temple.

2. The deadly wound was healed in 1948 when they came back to Israel

3. Ever since, the world has not known peace but wars.

Daniel prophesied that the man of Sin will follow a God of fortresses ( WAR ) and forget the God of his fathers or Yahweh.

Consider the following verses :

Rev 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.
Rev 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

The underlined verse is something many of us Christians do say quite often , who can defeat Israel, the 6 day war, the 1948 war, the Yom Kupur war etc , surrounded by enemies and yet undefeated.

The dragon who gave power to the beast is Satan.

He will love a god of fotresses ;

Daniel 11 :38 Instead of them, h[b]e will honor a god of fortresses; a god unknown to his ancestors[/b] he will honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and
Daniel 11 :39 costly gifts. He will attack the mightiest fortresses with the help of a foreign god and will greatly honor those who acknowledge him. He will make them rulers over many people and will distribute the land at a price.[d]

The second point is not 100% in my opinion, but Satan is very deceptive and a master trickster for while he diverts out attention to look for the man of sin elsewhere , he is right under our noses.

What do you think ?
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Bella3(f): 12:39am On Aug 21, 2012
GOOD QUESTION, GREAT THREAD.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 21, 2012
Who is Natural Israel?

This may be the hardest section for some to swallow. Jesus stated something vitally important to the Jews of his day in their dialogue with Him found in the eighth chapter of John, verses 33-44 (please read the whole section).

Starting at verse 33, the Jews declared they were the seed of Abraham. Jesus responded by saying that He knew they were the (natural) seed of Abraham and then stated, "but ye seek to kill me, because my word has no place in you". He then adds why His word has no place with them, "I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and you do that which ye have seen with your father". Then, again, the Jews declared, "Abraham is our father". Jesus rebuked their false view of what it means to be a child of Abraham by stating, "IF ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham", and proceeds to state that Abraham would not seek to kill Him. In fact, he stated that Abraham rejoiced to see His (Christ's) day, (John 8:56). Jesus explained "IF" you were the children of Abraham, you would rejoice to see my day, henceforth, since you do not rejoice to see my day, you are NOT the Children of Abraham. In fact, Jesus concluded by telling the Jews that the true living God was not their Father and tells them who was. In verse 44 He declares, "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lust of your father ye will do".

The understanding of this passage sheds light on Christ's statement in Revelation 3:9, "Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie". Here Jesus identified the leading Jewish religious institution of the day and referred to it as the synagogue of Satan. He further stated that these people who claimed to be Jews (by birth), were not and that they were lying. Now go back to John 8:44 and you find the motivation for this lie!

Matthew Poole comments on this passage," ...the synagogue of Satan; so He calls all (natural) Jews that opposed Christianity...which say they are Jews and are not, but do lie. For he is not a Jew which is one outwardly, neither is circumcision that of the flesh, but he is a Jew who is one inwardly, &c., Rom. 2:28-29." 6

Dr. David Chilton, in his exhaustive commentary on Revelations writes, "...the apostate Jews are revealed in their true identity the synagogue of Satan. Again, there is no such thing as 'orthodox' Judaism; there is no such thing as a genuine belief in the Old Testament that is consistent with a rejection of Jesus Christ as Lord and God. Those who do not believe in Christ do not believe in the Old Testament either. The god of Judaism is the devil.... when Christ-rejecting Jews claim to follow in the footsteps of Abraham, Jesus says, they lie." 7

Who is True Israel?

Paul answers the above question in Romans 2:29, "But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but God"

Matthew Henry comments, "Assemblies that worship God in spirit and in truth, are the Israel of God" 8 Matthew Poole states." He is a right and true Jew, an Israelite indeed...that worships God in Spirit, rejoices in Christ Jesus...Such are the (true) circumcision and Jew. 9 A true Jew is one who has been circumcised in his heart, i.e. born-again, John 3:6, "that which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

In God's covenantal promise to Abram he asked God to give him a seed to be heir to his estate. God responded by not only promising Abram a child, but also adding "...look toward heaven, and count the stars, if thou be able to number them: and He (God) said unto him, so shall they seed be. And he (Abram) believed in the Lord; and He counted it to him for righteousness", 10

Paul, in the Epistle to the Galatians chapter three explains, "Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same ARE the children of Abraham." 11 He elaborates, "So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham." 12 Verse sixteen Paul continues, "Now to Abraham and his SEED were the promises (of the covenant) made." Verse twenty-six adds, "For ye are all the children of God by faith." The chapter ends with this statement, "There is neither Jew (natural) nor Greek (natural) there is neither bond nor free, their is neither male nor female: for ye are all one (not two) in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then ARE ye Abraham's SEED, and heirs according to the promise (covenant)." i.e., the true children of Abraham.

Matthew Poole comments on this last passage, "Lest these Galatians should be discouraged, because the promise was made to Abraham and his seed, since they were not the seed (natural) of Abraham; Paul tells them, if they were Christ's, then they ARE the seed of Abraham, that seed to which the promise was made; and though they were not heirs of Abraham's according to the flesh, yet heirs according to the promise." 13 Needless to say, the third chapter of Galatians is pretty self explanatory, yet there are those who still want to insist that God has two separate people: Old Testament Israel and the Church.

Let us look at one more passage. Jesus provoked the chief priest and Pharisees, those who represented national Israel with this statement in Matthew twenty-one verse 43, "Therefore I say the Kingdom of God shall be taken from, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof."

David Chilton comments, "The (prophesied) destruction of apostate Israel and the Temple (Matt Twenty-four) reveal[s] that God had created a new nation, a new temple..." 14 Matthew Henry states, "The kingdom of God shall be taken from you. To the Jews had long pertained the adoption and glory, to them were committee the oracles of God, and the sacred trust of revealed religion, but now it shall be no longer. They were not only unfruitful in the use of their privileges, but, under pretenses of them, opposed the Gospel of Christ, and so [He] forfeited them." 15

Dr. Curtis Crenshaw, a former student of Dallas Seminary replies, "Who is this nation that was given the Kingdom of God? The answer is the church, which elsewhere is designated a nation 1 Peter 2:9." 16 John A. Broadus, the great Southern Baptist theologian of whom Broadman Press was the namesake states, "The Kingdom of God, the Messianic reign, with its privileges and benefits shall be taken from you. This was fulfilled [with the] destruction of Jerusalem and the Jewish State (70 A.D.), and in the fact that most Jews through their unbelief failed of the Messianic salvation and given to a nation shows distinctly that it was to be taken away not merely from the Jewish rulers, but from the Jewish people in general". 17

CONCLUSION

"Racial Israelites" who disobeyed God, by rejecting Christ, have had the light removed from them. They are not Jews in the true sense of the word. Whatever former blessing they may have had by natural descent has been given to the church. In other words, those who are "Jews" by race are not true Jews at all in God's eyes.

The Church of Jesus Christ (by no means does this imply a denomination) is/was and always shall be the Israel of God! This group consists of both believing natural Jews and Gentiles; both Old and New Testament saints.

The Church is Israel. This does not mean that the Church replaced Israel, nor does it mean that a natural Jew cannot be grafted back into the true Israel. They can, but only by bending a knee to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. God established Abraham and promised to bless his seed and all those who believe like Abraham. God reckons their faith as righteousness. They become children of the promise given to Abraham, the children of God.

The covenant carries with it a series of blessings and curses. Because dispensationalism does not acknowledge the covenant that God made with (true) Israel, the church is reaping the curses of the covenant found throughout the Word of God, (Hosea 4:6 cross reference with Deut 6:4). Let us understand that those who believe are Israel, then let us seek out God's Word concerning what He expects of a covenant people and obey with all our hearts, with all our souls and with all our strength. Then maybe we can find true revival and reformation again!

http://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/articles/onsite/notallisrael.html
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:53am On Aug 21, 2012
Shall we then wipe them out? undecided

Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU: Shall we then wipe them out? undecided

Wipe them out

If this is what you inferred from this article , maybe it is was not explained properly.

My point is that the TRUE ISRAEL of GOD is the CHURCH made up of both Gentile and Jew.

Present day physical ISRAEL is not a chosen nation , not at all.

To your question about wiping them out, only people filled with hate and bitterness would want to do that.

However Israel as a nation does not hesitate to use brute and mostly overwhelming force to wipe out thousands , many times this is in response to 1 or 2 rocket attacks by Hamas with no fatalities.

They also try to push America into many wars where millions are killed , women and children cut down and people tortured and dehumanised.

By the way , do you know that the so called chosen nation, the one we call Physical Israel , supported the apartheid regime of South Africa ?

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God " - Matthew 5:9
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:28am On Aug 21, 2012
frosbel:

Wipe them out

If this is what you inferred from this article , maybe it is was not explained properly.

My point is that the TRUE ISRAEL of GOD is the CHURCH made up of both Gentile and Jew.

Present day physical ISRAEL is not a chosen nation , not at all.

To your question about wiping them out, only people filled with hate and bitterness would want to do that.

However Israel as a nation does not hesitate to use brute and mostly overwhelming force to wipe out thousands , many times this is in response to 1 or 2 rocket attacks by Hamas with no fatalities.

They also try to push America into many wars where millions are killed , women and children cut down and people tortured and dehumanised.

By the way , do you know that the so called chosen nation, the one we call Physical Israel , supported the apartheid regime of South Africa ?

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God " - Matthew 5:9

Hi frosbel. What 'am trying to say is that 'Replacement Theology' is a false theology which a lot of Christians have swallowed hook, line and stinker. Read all about it in the suggested link below:

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/replacement.html

Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Hi frosbel. What 'am trying say is that 'Replacement Theology' is a false theology which a lot of Christians have swallowed hook, line and stinker. Read about all about it in the suggested link below:

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/replacement.html

The Church is ISRAEL not a replacement for ISRAEL.

Remember the bible says , that in ISAAC shall thy seed be called , this was fulfilled through Jesus Christ from the seed of ISRAEL (Jacob ) who had faith with God and found favour, his name was changed to ISRAEL.

In other words the Gentiles were grafted into the original tree which is the true ISRAEL of GOD of born again saints and they both became ONE. Both Jew and Gentile now from one and the same Tree.

There is this dual covenant theology that false prophets like Hagee preach , which says that God has a separate covenant with the Jews and another with the Gentiles, this is false, there is but ONE covenant through the Blood of Christ Jesus.

So I agree that the Church did not replace Israel , the church is ISRAEL and this is the promise that came through Isaac.

Present day ISRAEL is not a chosen nation, not while they are in unbelief and utterly reject the Messiah, they are not better that other unbelievers. To call them chosen is to like calling anti-Christs chosen, because John calls them anti-Christ and Jesus calls their father the devil and says that they belong to the synagogue of Satan, but you say they are chosen. Sorry the church made up of JEW and Gentile is Chosen.

Consider the following bible verses directed at the Jews :

"Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist--he denies the Father and the Son." - 1 John 2:22

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies." - John 8:44

"I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you." - Revelation 3:9
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:05pm On Aug 21, 2012
frosbel:

The Church is ISRAEL not a replacement for ISRAEL.

Remember the bible says , that in ISAAC shall thy seed be called , this was fulfilled through Jesus Christ from the seed of ISRAEL (Jacob ) who had faith with God and found favour, his name was changed to ISRAEL.

In other words the Gentiles were grafted into the original tree which is the true ISRAEL of GOD of born again saints and they both became ONE. Both Jew and Gentile now from one and the same Tree.

There is this dual covenant theology that false prophets like Hagee preach , which says that God has a separate covenant with the Jews and another with the Gentiles, this is false, there is but ONE covenant through the Blood of Christ Jesus.

So I agree that the Church did not replace Israel , the church is ISRAEL and this is the promise that came through Isaac.

Present day ISRAEL is not a chosen nation, not while they are in unbelief and utterly reject the Messiah, they are not better that other unbelievers. To call them chosen is to like calling anti-Christs chosen, because John calls them anti-Christ and Jesus calls their father the devil and says that they belong to the synagogue of Satan, but you say they are chosen. Sorry the church made up of JEW and Gentile is Chosen.

Consider the following bible verses directed at the Jews :

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies." - John 8:44

"I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars--I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you." - Revelation 3:9

Martin Luther fell into the same error and thereby sowing the seed for the likes of Hitler to carry out the Holocaust. This kind of theology subtly gives 'the religion of peace' the boldness to want to push Israel into the sea. You don't want to be a party to those who kick against the goads, do you? Jesus Christ is definitely touching down at Mt. Olives, either the devils like it or not.

http://www.shema.com/Combating%20Replacement%20Theology/crt-004.php

Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Martin Luther fell into the same error and thereby sowing the seed for the likes of Hitler to carry out the Holocaust. This kind of theology subtly gives 'the religion of peace' the boldness to want to push Israel into the sea. You don't want to be a party to those who kick against the goads, do you? Jesus Christ is definitely touching down at Mt. Olives, either the devils like it or not.

http://www.shema.com/Combating%20Replacement%20Theology/crt-004.php

Jesus Christ loves all Jews and there are countless Jews who are born again.

We are talking here about the physical nation of ISRAEL not being the real ISRAEL.

I do not allow sentiment to becloud my judgement, God's word stands firm on these matters.

Either you believe there is one covenant for the real ISRAEL , Jew and Gentile or you believe that Israel has a separate covenant and Jesus's death was not for them.

Zionism and ISLAM by the way are very similar in their approach to matters, an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, persecution of Christians etc.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:51pm On Aug 21, 2012
frosbel:

Jesus Christ loves all Jews and there are countless Jews who are born again.

We are talking here about the physical nation of ISRAEL not being the real ISRAEL.

I do not allow sentiment to becloud my judgement, God's word stands firm on these matters.

Either you believe there is one covenant for the real ISRAEL , Jew and Gentile or you believe that Israel has a separate covenant and Jesus's death was not for them.

Zionism and ISLAM by the way are very similar in their approach to matters, an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, persecution of Christians etc.

Yes. I mean the physical nation, called the Jewish State. There are at least 10 prophecies that were fulfilled in 1948 when they returned to their own land.

For instance, Ezekiel 34:13 predicted that they would go back to their land:

"And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country"
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Yes. I mean the physical nation, called the Jewish State. There are at least 10 prophecies that were fulfilled in 1948 when they returned to their own land.

"And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country"

Wrong !!

We are the ISRAEL of GOD.

You are misguided by John Darby , Schofield and Hal Lindsey.

Read the bible and not church doctrine , then you will come to the right conclusion.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:22pm On Aug 21, 2012
frosbel:

Wrong !!

We are the ISRAEL of GOD.

You are misguided by John Darby , Schofield and Hal Lindsey.

Read the bible and not church doctrine , then you will come to the right conclusion.

Saying that 'am wrong and you are right doesn't cut it, where are the Scriptures that disproves the Word I quoted? There are other prophecies in the Bible to this effect all you need to do is to read and study them and let the author of the Bible speak to you.

Here is another one:

"And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them. And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God" (Amos 9:14-15).

Here, God is saying that Jacob's descendants would regain control of the land of Israel, and this came to pass in 1948.

Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by proo212(m): 1:29pm On Aug 21, 2012
@Frosbel, I kind of concur with Olaadegbu on this one. Another 1948 prophecy is Jeremiah 16:14-16. Many signs already that Israel is not the anti-christ even we can use 1 John 2:22. Many sects also fulfil that tag without naming names
In the book of Joel, God also isn't pleased when His land is divided and we see that by the ceeding of more and more land to the other people. Finally Psalm 83 and even Ezekiel 38, God shows up for his people even though we have atheists, unorthodox and what have you Jews in the land of Israel.

My .0.02 cents.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Saying that 'am wrong and you are right doesn't cut it, where are the Scriptures that disproves the Word I quoted? There are other prophecies in the Bible to this effect all you need to do is to read and study them and let the author of the Bible speak to you.

Here is another one:

"And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them. And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God" (Amos 9:14-15).

Here, God is saying that Jacob's descendants would regain control of the land of Israel, and this came to pass in 1948.

So physical nation ISRAEL is still in covenant relationship with Yahweh , right ?

I mean the promise of the saviour was through Abraham , yet Israel as a nation rejects him, John called anyone who reject Christs anti-Christ , and my brother calls them Chosen. I am not sure if we should use human logic or biblical fact.

Regarding Israel returning to their land, this is in reference to the ISRAEL of GOD and not an the ethnic nation called ISRAEL. This heaven and earth will be destroyed, a new one recreated , same location . The new Jerusalem will descend from heaven prepared for the bride of Christ which is the church or the ISRAEL of GOD.

Yes, it is this ISRAEL that will never be pulled out of the land ever again.

And it is quite strange that we are quite happy to call ISLAM anti-Christ because they reject the messiah of Christ, yet we call Jews chosen because of ethnicity even though they reject Christ.

Remember God is not a respecter of persons, and race does not cut it with Him.

I really think we need to read our bibles more carefully.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:39pm On Aug 21, 2012
frosbel:

So physical nation ISRAEL is still in covenant relationship with Yahweh , right ?

I mean the promise of the saviour was through Abraham , yet Israel as a nation rejects him, John called anyone who reject Christs anti-Christ , and my brother calls them Chosen. I am not sure if we should use human logic or biblical fact.

Regarding Israel returning to their land, this is in reference to the ISRAEL of GOD and not an the ethnic nation called ISRAEL. This heaven and earth will be destroyed, a new one recreated , same location . The new Jerusalem will descend from heaven prepared for the bride of Christ which is the church or the ISRAEL of GOD.

Yes, it is this ISRAEL that will never be pulled out of the land ever again.

And it is quite strange that we are quite happy to call ISLAM anti-Christ because they reject the messiah of Christ, yet we call Jews chosen because of ethnicity even though they reject Christ.

Remember God is not a respecter of persons, and race does not cut it with Him.

I really think we need to read our bibles more carefully.

Reading our bibles more carefully is a good suggestion, shall we consider Ezekiel 37:10-14 then?

"So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army. Then he said to me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts. Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. And you shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves, And shall put my spirit in you, and you shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall you know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD." (Ezekiel 37:10-14).

37:14 my spirit in you. The first part of this “dry-bones” prophesy (Ezekiel 37:8 ) was evidently fulfilled with the worldwide return of Jews to Israel and the official recognition of the nation in 1948. The true regeneration of the nation (Romans 11:26), however, when the Holy Spirit will be in them, awaits their acceptance of Christ when He returns (Zechariah 12:10)
Here you can see that the vision given to Ezekiel was interpreted by God as from verse 11 when God said that He said that He would bring the whole house of Israel, not dried up churches but the whole house of Israel into the their land again.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Goshen360(m): 3:03pm On Aug 21, 2012
@ my brothers - Ola and frosbel,

This is a sensitive issue just like tithe and many other issues in the body of Christ. However, what I know is that, many men of God have come to idolize the natural or physical Israel. I have nothing absolutely against the natural Israel because the saved ones are part of the true Israel, the church. What I don't see from the scripture is men of God collecting money from Christians all over the T.V for natural Israel. Sure the unsaved in natural Israel needs the gospel but I am yet to see any scripture that says offerings should be collected from spiritual Israel, the church and give to the natural or physical Israel. The scriptural verse used by these men of God esp. here in the USA is, where God told Abraham I will bless them that bless you and curse them that curse you. ~Please correct me if am wrong~
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:46pm On Aug 21, 2012
Goshen360: @ my brothers - Ola and frosbel,

This is a sensitive issue just like tithe and many other issues in the body of Christ. However, what I know is that, many men of God have come to idolize the natural or physical Israel. I have nothing absolutely against the natural Israel because the saved ones are part of the true Israel, the church. What I don't see from the scripture is men of God collecting money from Christians all over the T.V for natural Israel. Sure the unsaved in natural Israel needs the gospel but I am yet to see any scripture that says offerings should be collected from spiritual Israel, the church and give to the natural or physical Israel. The scriptural verse used by these men of God esp. here in the USA is, where God told Abraham I will bless them that bless you and curse them that curse you. ~Please correct me if am wrong~

Idolatory in whatever form is wrong, be it the natural land of Israel or Mammon. Most of those soliciting for funds don't ask for tithes it is freewill giving that you guys permit that they use. Tithes is just one of the ways God has provided for the church to fund their projects. Those who don't believe in the practise of tithing will then have to task their viewers for funds whenever they need to finance a project.

Another way God has chosen to bless the church is when we obey this injunction:

"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee." (Psalm 122:6).

So we see that peace and prosperity goes together but it is a choice we are free to make. Many Christians have chosen to give to the gathering, protection and peace of Israel and true peace will only come to them when we pray for them to accept the prince of Peace as their Messiah and coming King.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 21, 2012
Goshen360: @ my brothers - Ola and frosbel,

Thank you very much for your observation.

The same so called Christians will never collect money for the Palestinians or the Lebanese who are in many instances dehumanised, they want to collect money for a rich state like physical Israel but not the Palestinian church or the uncoverted Muslims for that matter.

The Jews were kicked out of the land after the Roman army sacked Jerusalem and destroyed the temple in 70ad. The land vomitted them out because of their rejection of the Messiah and gross wickedness. Now they have forcefully come back through atheist Zionism to kick people out of the land , people who lived there for thousands of years and we say God sanctioned this ?

How would I feel if someone came to my land in Nigeria and asked me to leave under threat of force , telling me that the land belonged to them 500 years ago Does not make sense.

God is now dealing directly with the Church which is his ISRAEL , not the physical nation of Israel. How can Christians be collecting money for Israel while neglecting true believers who accept Christ in other parts of the world.

The present day Israel is not the Israel of God, it is indeed an idol unto many Christians and they have bought into this dual covenant lie , where God deals with the Jews separately and the church separately. This is false doctrine.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by oiseworld: 8:23pm On Aug 21, 2012
Trully, the spirit of God is one.

i got in a discussion with a friend about this same issue of isreal just two days back. She spoke in accordance with ola's point, while i believe more in frosbel's point.

Even after this discuss, i still stand with frosbel side of view. I and as many that believe in christ Jesus are the isreal of today. God doesn't hold a covenant with an country in the middle east called isreal.

But, what do we have to say about the intelligence of the jews, is that a convenant or what, what about the christian body........

Lets also look at it from this direction.
Pls am a learner.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by SNCOQ3(m): 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2012
@ frosbel, "Replacement Theology" is an heresy. You will do well to study this:
http://www.tedmontgomery.com/bblovrvw/Endtimes/EphraimJudah.html

I am too tired to search Hal Lindsey's Video Archive for a better treatment on the subject.

I also think you have a shallow or no understanding concerning the Jewish struggle throughout the ages and the significance of their political travail as a prophetic marker for this last days....Be careful.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 22, 2012
SNCOQ3: @ frosbel, "Replacement Theology" is an heresy. You will do well to study this:

I am too tired to search Hal Lindsey's Video Archive for a better treatment on the subject.

I also think you have a shallow or no understanding concerning the Jewish struggle throughout the ages and the significance of their political travail as a prophetic marker for this last days....Be careful.

"But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the [r]rich root of the olive tree,do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you. You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.”[/b]Quite right, [b]they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear;for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either....

From the scripture above it is evident that the unbelieving Jews were cut off from the tree of Gods Israel and the believing Gentiles grafted in with the believing Jews.

In other words there is no such thing as a replacement theology, the church simply means the called out ones, which is true of those obedient Jews and Gentiles.

The Gentiles have become part of Israel by being grafted into the tree , but they have not replaced Israel. Israel is the nation of God which comprises of believing Jew and Gentile not the apostate nation called Israel which exists in the middle east.

It is our definition of Israel that is of utmost importance. Israel or Jacob produced the promised seed which is Christ Jesus by faith, both to the Jew and Gentile. All those Jews who dwell in unbelief from 2000 years ago till today have been cut off. They can only be grafted back in when they discard unbelief and have faith in Christ.

In the old testament , it was a physical nation, in the new testament it is a spiritual house.

"you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ." - 1 Peter 2:5

Besides Hal Lindsey is a false prophet.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:54am On Aug 22, 2012
SNCOQ3: @ frosbel, "Replacement Theology" is an heresy. You will do well to study this:

That was a good one. I also feel this link captured the replacement theology succintly:

http://www.gotquestions.org/replacement-theology.html
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by SNCOQ3(m): 7:23am On Aug 22, 2012
^ Thanks for that link; Just read and bookmarked it- very clear and straight to the point.

@frosbel, Our responsibility towards Isreal is to pray for the peace of Jerusalem not to join the "international community" to villify Isreal. First, it was that ridiculous "Oneness" doctrine now its "Replacement Theology"...Brother, be careful how you tread.

BTW, Hal Lindsey never claimed to be a prophet; He's interpretation of the bible is sound and 'bulletproof' solid. The fact that he made a mistake in one of his predictions- which he admitted and apologized for doesn't make him a false prophet.

For those interested in Hal Lindsey's take on "Replacement Theology" and the Jewish/Palestinian question, here is it:
PART I:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tRQlwN8cbYI

PART II:
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:52am On Aug 22, 2012
SNCOQ3: ^ Thanks for that link; Just read and bookmarked it- very clear and straight to the point.

@frosbel, Our responsibility towards Isreal is to pray for the peace of Jerusalem not to join the "international community" to villify Isreal. First, it was that ridiculous "Oneness" doctrine now its "Replacement Theology"...Brother, be careful how you tread.

BTW, Hal Lindsey never claimed to be a prophet; He's interpretation of the bible is sound and 'bulletproof' solid. The fact that he made a mistake in one of his predictions- which he admitted and apologized for doesn't make him a false prophet.

For those interested in Hal Lindsey's take on "Replacement Theology" and the Jewish/Palestinian question, here is it:
PART I:

PART II:

Videolinks posted on behalf of SNCOQ3

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTdnWL_mhsM
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by tiarabubu: 7:58am On Aug 22, 2012
Dear brothers frosbel and Ola

This topic is God sent. I have been poundering on this for some time. I hope we trash it out. Thanks.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:00am On Aug 22, 2012
Part 2 of the Hal Lindsey Report.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRQlwN8cbYI
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:02am On Aug 22, 2012
tiarabubu: Dear brothers frosbel and Ola

This topic is God sent. I have been poundering on this for some time. I hope we trash it out. Thanks.

You are welcome my brother, please share with us what you think and believe on this replacement theology.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Joagbaje(m): 11:53am On Aug 22, 2012
@frosbel

The principles of God don't change. Israel in their baclkisdeen state was always still beloved and precious in Gods sight. Even nations who God has used to punished them still get punished for punishing Israel . That tells us the much love God has for that nation. He is not about to change his mind. Gods choice for Israel is everlasting covenant.

Romans 11:28-29
As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers 'sakes. 29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

The blindness of Israeal was of God. It was not their fault to reject messiah , it was God that did it to discipline them.
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by ijawkid(m): 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Oboy u too delve into bible chronology??

Nice to know........

If I may ask why do u believe that those prophecies occured in the year 1948??...

Time to calculate bro.....
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by ijawkid(m): 1:34pm On Aug 22, 2012
This whole issue can't be over-discussed....

God has no dealings anymore with the physical Jews or the nation of isreal.....

Frosbel did say it right when he said GOD deals with the spiritual ISREAL or the ISREAL of GOD.......

Comprising of both Jews and non-Jews........

When the great day of the almighty comes,the now nation of isreal and all other governmental systems would be crushed......

The destruction that did befall the nation of isreal in 70 C.E would be minute compared to what awaits them @ armageDdon.....
Re: Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel' by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2012
Joagbaje: @frosbel

The principles of God don't change. Israel in their baclkisdeen state was always still beloved and precious in Gods sight. Even nations who God has used to punished them still get punished for punishing Israel . That tells us the much love God has for that nation. He is not about to change his mind. Gods choice for Israel is everlasting covenant.

Romans 11:28-29
As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers 'sakes. 29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

The blindness of Israeal was of God. It was not their fault to reject messiah , it was God that did it to discipline them.

In the new covenant, there is no favouritism, it is either in unbelief or belief.

Jews in their unbelief are not any more special than any other gentile in unbelief. God makes no rules for one and another for a different set.

It is one set of rules, except you be born again ( Jew or Gentile - remember Nicodemus ) you shall likewise perish.

More importantly the body of Christ is made up of believing Jews and believing Gentiles. The body of Christ is not made up of believing Jews, unbelieving Jews and believing Gentiles.

To accept this heretical dual covenant theology is to make a mockery of the sacrifice of Christ Jesus.

There is but one covenant , this is that which was promised through Abraham by faith and not by ethnicity. Circumcision came as a sign after faith not before faith so that no man can boast that by his works he was saved. We are saved by faith in the promise made to Abraham which is fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

Therefore a physical nation called Israel and which still rejects Christ is actually anti Christ as apostle John mentioned.

To go contrary to John's inspired statement is to add to the word of God based on the false interpretations of Men like Hal Lindsey and countless other false prophets.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Pastor Nearly Killed 7months Pregnant Woman: What Happened To The Unborn Bab / How Come We Did Not Hear Satan's Side Of The Story? / Noah's Ark: Man's Greatest Invention Of All Time! (Real Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.