Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,759 members, 7,798,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage (35501 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. / Pastor Adeboye's Message To The "Amen" Crew On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by CrazyMan(m): 1:43pm On Aug 21, 2012
Those of you who go to your pastor to pray for you and tell you who to marry, if care is not taken, you will become a victim of lies. You are simply lazy. No pastor or prophet should tell you who to marry. They are to pray along with you, counsel and guide you using the Word of God. If you fail to pay the price to hear from God on that matter, you may be deceived. God can use your pastor or a genuine prophet of God to confirm what He had already told you. Many homes have been established on falsehood and that is why things are falling apart and the center can no longer hold. Some pastors are seriously into match-making. They have taken over from the Holy Spirit. Match-making remains God's prerogative and He has not delegated it to any pastor.

http://www.facebook.com/pastoradeboye/posts/10151194688928488

40 Likes

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by omodapson(m): 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2012
Abeg tell them pastor.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by kokoye(m): 3:26pm On Aug 21, 2012
Most people leave their brains in the car park on their way to church. They know what is right but still they cant do it because they have turned their pastors into god.

Pastor Adeboye did not speak bible english here. He spoke with common sense..which God gave every single person on this earth.

As far as some are concerned, he was just whistling dixies - they will not do ANYTHING until their pastors tell them to.

We all have a direct channel to God thru our savior Jesus Christ. Not thru anyone or anything else.

Ignorance.

10 Likes

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Sijo01(f): 3:29pm On Aug 21, 2012
Preach on preacher!
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by stagger: 3:31pm On Aug 21, 2012
God removed his hand from matchmaking after Adam told him "it was the woman you gave to me that gave me of the fruit and I did eat".

Now it is a man's job to go around, look for a woman, toast her and marry her. Simple.

12 Likes

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by chikeorji123(m): 3:34pm On Aug 21, 2012
Marriage pursuiance on rampage

2 Likes

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by tessyade: 3:34pm On Aug 21, 2012
@op i read it in the open heaven yesterday and i was like 'how i wish our people will listen to this.' It's so sad that some people will marry someone they do not love just because their pastor told them to.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 21, 2012
He who has ear, let him hear!

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by pat077: 3:37pm On Aug 21, 2012
That's why God says he who find a gud wife..... And not he who pastor finds a wife for.

6 Likes

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Presidentcarter: 3:42pm On Aug 21, 2012
the pastor c vision 4 him dream or na wetin sote him fit tel person who him fit marry? lwkmd The duty of a pastor is to counsel not to match people together. simple..........

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by pembisco(m): 3:44pm On Aug 21, 2012
Dis man de put sand 4 oda pastos garri woo...hope sm of them wunt attack him cos of dis sha..tell dem pls pasto

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Jeppensen: 3:46pm On Aug 21, 2012
I read it in open heavens too. The fact is most desperate singles especially ladies, think with their emotions rather than their brains that they go to pastor to reveal to them about one particular guy or lady that they want to marry without doing their due deligence checklist on their own and thats why they get screwed at the end. Before u marry that guy or lady, u have to be double sure, hear from God. Marriage is like a moving luxury bus that you are dreaming to enter but once you board you cant leave and the only way u can leave is by jumping down and u know what happens when u jump down from a moving vehicle?...it is simply a journey of no return

2 Likes

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Temismith(f): 3:53pm On Aug 21, 2012
Thank God for dis wonderful piece.

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Acidosis(m): 3:56pm On Aug 21, 2012
If God can speak to a Pastor on behalf of his members, then why would marriage be an exemption. Truth is some church goers can't even talk to God not to talk of hearing from Him.
Christians fornicate and still expect God to speak about their fornicator-partner.
A pastor can see vision about ones partner. IT IS VERY POSSIBLE.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by anukulapo: 4:03pm On Aug 21, 2012
In as much as this admonition is good,I find these statements(which I quoted below) so baseless but from ppl who (can be liken to) be bearers of rumors and false teachings.

stagger: God removed his hand from matchmaking after Adam told him "it was the woman you gave to me that gave me of the fruit and I did eat".

Now it is a man's job to go around, look for a woman, toast her and marry her. Simple.
Ignorant and baseless genearology from unbiblical sources who just say things to get undue attention. Prove your position scripturally.

pat077: That's why God says he who find a gud wife..... And not he who pastor finds a wife for.
Another display of misinterpretation of scripture.
He who finds a wife does not mean that the man was the one that (by his own choice) just took anyone (without God's consent) and married her. He who finds a wife means "he who has seen a wife"
Find means seen while seek means looking/searching for.
The man you're quoting,king solomon,also said that God still (from this scriptural indication) choose wife for men.Read prov 19:14.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by olenime(m): 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2012
Pastor, pls tell them o!i was still talking to a lady about marriage yday o... She say she wan go meet her pastor! Thunder fire D̶̲̥̅̊ pastor if hin talk say no b me be her hubby!!!!

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by dasparrow: 4:10pm On Aug 21, 2012
@Post

Tell them pastor! I know of an acquaintance of mine who had several male suitors. She decided to send the pictures of the suitors to a pastor so he can pray over the pictures and then tell her which one is her husband. The pastor did just that and told her which one of the suitors is her husband. Then she claimed she also prayed and God told her the man who should be her husband and it happened to be the same man the pastor chose. To cut a long story short, she got married to the barren divorcee whom her pastor chose for her and after 7 years of marraige and no kids, the union fell apart. Her husband equally had no kids with his first wife. So, the lesson to be learnt is: People should pray and wait to hear back from God Almighty. Pastors are not God and they can never be.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 21, 2012
undecided
so ppl dey ask pstr abt marriage? hmm hmm.
i pitu the pol wey go ask dat chris okotie man.
mmhhmm hmmmm..

but pst ade get small common sense, na berra advice for all our single young ladies and men wey congi dey hook..
mmhm hmmm

make una no follow dat chris man wey talk say massturbation no be sin, marriage is the better of the evils...
mmhhmm hmmm

nl ppl, i greet una.. make i go find my wife.. joblessness wan kill me for here...

mmmmmm hmmm

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by kattie(f): 4:14pm On Aug 21, 2012
Thank you for d advice daddy GO
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by AdeniyiA(m): 4:19pm On Aug 21, 2012
d issue is dt most singles do not know what they want in a partner,they stand for nothing-no standards,so they fall for anything dt come their way leading incompatibility n eventual break up

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by laidback(m): 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2012
I came close to falling for this ''PASTOR SAYS" nonsense about a marital partner. Thank God I 'shined' my eyes finally. Now after much living in fleshly sin, I'm learning to pay the price on my knees. May God help us.

Even in R.C.C.G., you still have some pastors trying to match make, claiming its from God. Its good the senior pastor has made his position clear on the matter. Only the wise would hear though.

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by echobee(f): 4:30pm On Aug 21, 2012
true talk
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by tellwisdom: 4:32pm On Aug 21, 2012
Now that u have heard him, can I kiss u now?? U self will enjoy it morethan me winkwink..u can even romance me if u likewink I won't complain
kattie: Thank you for d advice daddy GO
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by ariyebaba(m): 4:44pm On Aug 21, 2012
Do it yourself ( D.I.Y )
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by dplordx(m): 5:00pm On Aug 21, 2012
My closest friend, an extremely financially lucky dude working as plant engineer in Guinness, every woman he seems to run into since the past 6 years, arent the choice of his pastor, until the pastor's daughter returned from London, only to become the "Choosen One" according to the "Holy Spirit".
Their wedding is this December and the guy has caught her cheating on him twice. When he told me, I just chuckled, and SMH. Hes definitely phucked if he ends up with that girl, or who knows, he might reform her. I just dont know why someone would live his life according to another man interpretation and whims.
God help all these young xtain and moslem couples sha. As for me, I pray, pray, pray and do my best to keep my eyes open. Like they say, whoever your wife is will determine 80% of your happiness or sorrow; so no one is gonna choose MY SOUL-MATE for me.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by jbrodaly(m): 5:06pm On Aug 21, 2012
I had a friend who was so much in love with particular girl*;even wanted to marry her.A pastor caused their break-up.Bloody lying, fake pastors in Naija that act like they are real.Only a few can be trusted.
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Gozzzy(m): 5:18pm On Aug 21, 2012
all single sisters,should meet me for matchmaking,let me get them husbands!! As Baba God don comot hand 4 matchmaking,and these pastors don too chop matchaking money, na my own turn be dis! Even devil sef,know say na my turn! Oya mek una begin dey com! 20,000 per husband! One by one.
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by obowunmi(m): 5:25pm On Aug 21, 2012
Very relevant topic.
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by ifihearam: 5:27pm On Aug 21, 2012
dplordx: My closest friend, an extremely financially lucky dude working as plant engineer in Guinness, every woman he seems to run into since the past 6 years, arent the choice of his pastor, until the pastor's daughter returned from London, only to become the "Choosen One" according to the "Holy Spirit".
Their wedding is this December and the guy has caught her cheating on him twice. When he told me, I just chuckled, and SMH. Hes definitely phucked if he ends up with that girl, or who knows, he might reform her. I just dont know why someone would live his life according to another man interpretation and whims.
God help all these young xtain and moslem couples sha. As for me, I pray, pray, pray and do my best to keep my eyes open. Like they say, whoever your wife is will determine 80% of your happiness or sorrow; so no one is gonna choose MY SOUL-MATE for me.

Ur friend die well
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by Yinka1808: 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2012
Not applicable in marriage matter alone, we need to apply common sense in many areas of our lives. God has His place and role though.
Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by tpia5: 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2012
She decided to send the pictures of the suitors to a pastor so he can pray over the pictures and then tell her which one is her husband.

very unscriptural.

if she's confused, she can ask for advice from pastors, friends, family members, etc.

sending pictures is childish. Is she asking the pastor to rate their looks?

and how many suitors exactly are being referred to here?

too many simultaneous suitors, shows a high level of unseriousness on her part, imo.

just my two cents, no be say i know am pass others o!!!

1 Like

Re: Pastor-Adeboye's Message To Young Singles On Marriage by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:32pm On Aug 21, 2012
Rotflmao.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iyke Oriaku: How I Used To Lie To Raise Money For God / Has The Spirit Of Stealing Been Unleashed On Our Kids This Christmas? (Pic) / Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.