Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language (2723 Views)

How To Build An Android Chat Like Whatsapp For Absolute Beginners / English Language Programming Challenge / Help Me Write The Quadratic Equation (almighty Formula) In This Languages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by smile4kenn(m): 4:58pm On Aug 21, 2012
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by AZeD1(m): 7:58pm On Aug 21, 2012
Dude do you know anything about Natural Language processing?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by Nov1ce(m): 10:40pm On Aug 21, 2012
A-ZeD:
Dude do you know anything about Natural Language processing?
I go with you!
@OP: Language translation is more than directly converting individual words directly!
Do a lil more research!
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by lordZOUGA(m): 11:43pm On Aug 21, 2012
one useful application of this?
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by femu(m): 12:59am On Aug 22, 2012
I have such a database already converted.
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by smile4kenn(m): 5:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
I believe you gat to start from somewhere you know. Further modifications can take place later.
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by worldbest(m): 6:42pm On Aug 22, 2012
Without NLP, you'll have funny application. If you
Are a python guy, start with http://nltk.org
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by spinebel: 8:22am On Aug 23, 2012
We are the right person for you. call Spinebel limited. on 08053081270, 08168551964,and 08034912376. you can mail us on sales@spinebel.com, info@spinebel.com or visit our website on www.spinebel.com.

we look forward to hearing from you.

Have a great day.
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by NumberOne2(m): 10:20pm On Aug 24, 2012
Seems like a nice project. How will this work? Some kind of speech translation or like a dictionary? If its a dictionary app, thats easy. Speech translation....thats war.
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by spinebel: 10:57am On Aug 28, 2012
At Spinebel Our services in software acquisition and development include a full range of:

Program Planning and concept development;

Software design and Development;

Implementation, Configuration and Integration services;

Requirements definition and analysis;

Program Coding, testing; production;

Deployment; implementation and integration

Training of staffs for internal support services.
That is to say we design Application software base on clients demand.
why not give call the following 234-8034912376,234-80-53081270
234-81-68551964 or Visit our website www.spinebel.com.
WE AWAITS YOUR CALL.
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by javadoctor(m): 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2012
You guyz are nt following here,he has little programming experience
Young man what language are you using to code?
How much doyou Know bout hashmaps & sets,arraylist or linked list?
Go & study,you can't afford me besides the job is cumbersome.
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by worldbest(m): 2:25pm On Aug 29, 2012
javadoctor: You guyz are nt following here,he has little programming experience
Young man what language are you using to code?
How much doyou Know bout hashmaps & sets,arraylist or linked list?
Go & study,you can't afford me besides the job is cumbersome.

Na wa for you.
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by eazyd(m): 1:52am On Sep 09, 2012
become an interpreter or get interpretations on http://babelverse.com/
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by veetubes: 10:54am On Sep 12, 2012
smile4kenn: I am calling on Igbo programmers to asist in developing a phone application that can translate igbo language into English language and vice versa. I found a book with over 5000 Igbo words and their meanings in English. I am currenting trying to contact the author to see if I can get the complete words in text format. I am sure if we start this, within a few months we can get it completed. As my programming language skills is limited, I am looking for programmers to join me in this task.

i am interested, i will help out if you explain in details more how it is going to be
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by LittleBigDick(m): 7:05pm On Dec 25, 2022
Interesting
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by truthCoder2: 8:29am On Dec 26, 2022
smile4kenn:
I am calling on Igbo programmers to asist in developing a phone application that can translate igbo language into English language and vice versa. I found a book with over 5000 Igbo words and their meanings in English. I am currenting trying to contact the author to see if I can get the complete words in text format. I am sure if we start this, within a few months we can get it completed. As my programming language skills is limited, I am looking for programmers to join me in this task.

Don’t reinvent the wheel.

Use existing libraries and APIs then you can concentrate on building something better.

Here is Google’s Cloud Translate API:
https://cloud.google.com/translate/docs/reference/rest/
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by smile4kenn(m): 11:27pm On Dec 28, 2022
truthCoder2:

Don’t reinvent the wheel.

Use existing libraries and APIs then you can concentrate on building something better.

Here is Google’s Cloud Translate API:
https://cloud.google.com/translate/docs/reference/rest/

Why quote something from 20 years ago?
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by truthCoder2: 11:42pm On Dec 28, 2022
smile4kenn:

Why quote something from 20 years ago?

See this otondo.

i sent you a link to Google’s API for their Translate engine (which was updated as at last month) and you said i sent you something from 20 years ago.

Na why to help groundlings dey hard person nowadays.

No vex.

Carry your uncle’s book that he bought in Nnewi traffic and start coding. I am sure that book is as fresh as your recent turd.

You can open your own mouth to say Google’s API is too old?

Nothing wey Andrew no go see for gate.

Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by smile4kenn(m): 11:47pm On Dec 28, 2022
truthCoder2:

See this otondo.

i sent you a link to Google’s API for their Translate engine (which was updated as at last month) and you said i sent you something from 20 years ago.

No vex.

Carry your uncle’s book that he bought in Nnewi traffic and start coding. I am sure that book is as fresh as your recent turd.

You be cow. I worked on the API you sent me. ewu. We nigerians built that api
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by smile4kenn(m): 11:48pm On Dec 28, 2022
truthCoder2:

See this otondo.

No vex.

I asked that question 10 years ago. You should have just overlooked it because it wasn't a recent question
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by truthCoder2: 11:54pm On Dec 28, 2022
smile4kenn:

I asked that question 10 years ago. You should have just overlooked it because it wasn't a recent question

Giringory,

I responded only because someone refreshed the post.

You should have seen that if you were simply not blinded by a desire to sound sarcastic.

You asked a question, an answer came. It possibly came late because of your egoistic attitude.

Now that you have shown your touchy compass, you can do well not to ask questions here anymore so that we don’t offend you with our answers.
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by truthCoder2: 11:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
smile4kenn:

You be cow. I worked on the API you sent me. ewu. We nigerians built that api

Congratulations worker.

What does the statement ‘we Nigerians built that api’ portray?

Are you by insinuation stating that an API is such an epitome of achievement that it is extremely miraculous that Nigerians could build it?

One would assume that someone with a moniker as old as yours would be matured enough to know how to comport himself or itself on a public forum.

Na old you old o…

Respect yourself and dey your dey.
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by smile4kenn(m): 12:02am On Dec 29, 2022
truthCoder2:

Giringory,

I responded only because someone refreshed the post.

You should have seen that if you were simple not blinded by a desire to sound sarcastic.

You asked a question, an answer came. It possibly came late because of your egoistic attitude.

Now that you have shown your touchy compass, you can do well not to ask questions here anymore so that we don’t offend you with our answers.

Mr I no sabi, before you read anything, please, check the date if it's still valid. Read and understand and comprehend. Read read read and understand, that's why your parent sent you to school.

People like you are exactly the sh#thole I try to filter out when hiring/interviewing engineers. They claim to have sense but their brain is filled with cold fufu. You are either an ewu nnewi who think they are better than other people or an imposter looking and forcing to sound enlightened.

Please anywhere you see my username, just delete your eyes ASAP. anumal

1 Like

Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by smile4kenn(m): 12:03am On Dec 29, 2022
truthCoder2:

Congratulations worker.

What does the statement ‘we Nigerians built that api’ portray?

Are you by insinuation stating that an API is such an epitome of achievement that it is extremely miraculous that Nigerians could build it?

One would assume that someone with a moniker as old as yours would be matured enough to know how to comport himself or itself on a public forum.

Na old you old o…
ewu gambia
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by truthCoder2: 12:09am On Dec 29, 2022
smile4kenn:

Mr I no sabi, before you read anything, please, check the date if it's still valid. Read and understand and comprehend. Read read read and understand, that's why your parent sent you to school.

People like you are exactly the sh#thole I try to filter out when hiring/interviewing engineers. They claim to have sense but their brain is filled with cold fufu. You are either an ewu nnewi who think they are better than other people or an imposter looking and forcing to sound enlightened.

Please anywhere you see my username, just delete your eyes ASAP. anumal

LOL.

When you are hiring engineers.

You are so full of yourself and so full or shitt.

You this employee of an organization forming small god.

Shocker, not everyone needs a job or can be sacked.

So take your interviews and shove it up your deep and rotten whatever.

This is Nairaland. If you dont respect yourself, we will teach you how to respect others.

A point of correction: note my moniker, when you see me online, just put down your phone and look for another interview to attend.

I will use you to cook okro.
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by smile4kenn(m): 12:12am On Dec 29, 2022
truthCoder2:

LOL.

When you are hiring engineers.

You are so full of yourself and so full or shitt.

You this employee of an organization forming small god.

Shocker, not everyone needs a job or can be sacked.

So take your interviews and shove it up your deep and rotten whatever.

This is Nairaland. If you dont respect yourself, we will teach you how to respect others.

A point of correction: note my moniker, when you see me online, just put down your phone and look for another interview to attend.

I will use you to cook okro.

People like you I have seen a lot.

useless GenZ wey no get respect for elders
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by truthCoder2: 12:15am On Dec 29, 2022
smile4kenn:

only if you can google my real name. ewu gambia

Your real name?

Is it on the new British Pounds?

You dey shine your kongo with spent akara oil o.

See that your little sphere of influence where you think you are a small god, it ends at your doorstep.

If you are not contributing positively to anyone’s life, that person owes you nothing.

And you should be lucky i am not seeking a job or your employer might be forced to sack you just for the new bride.

As long as your name is not Buffet, Musk, Zuckerberg, Prince Charles, Messi or Buhari, your name is just another guttural sound your parents made, 9 months after they had sex.
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by smile4kenn(m): 12:17am On Dec 29, 2022
truthCoder2:

Your real name?

Is it on the new British Pounds?

You dey shine your kongo with spent akara oil o.

See that your little sphere of influence where you think you are a small god, it ends at your doorstep.

If you are not contributing positively to anyone’s life, that person owes you nothing.

And you should be lucky i am not seeking a job or your employer might be forced to sack you just for the new bride.

As long as your name is not Buffet, Musk, Zuckerberg, Prince Charles, Messi or Buhari, your name is just another guttural sound your parents made, 9 months after they had sex.

Seek help you are depressed. I go dey pray for you
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by truthCoder2: 12:20am On Dec 29, 2022
smile4kenn:

Seek help you are depressed. I go dey pray for you

Thanks for your professional diagnosis.

Now take that prayer, edit am. Dey pray say make God grant you wisdom to start acting like an adult.

Read Psalm 1 to 150 three times daily before breakfast.

God go help you
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by smile4kenn(m): 12:21am On Dec 29, 2022
truthCoder2:

Elder kee you dia.

You are whose elder?

Be like say village wey you go for Christmas wey boys for area don dey sama you don dey enter your head.

You deserve reset slap for that nonsense wey you just talk now.

Make the slap just come from the back Woah!!!, make your eyes dey see all the rainbow colors at once.

small boy no too believe say you can always hide behind the internet and talk anyhow. Na belt I go use flog craze comot for your body. Internet just make small kids like you no just sabi wetin respect be. Because you dey collect 10kobo from the small javaScript you dey write you think say na their life start for you? Try get sense abeg so e no go be say your papa waste sperm and energy on top your head.
Re: I Want To Build An App That Can Translate Igbo Languages Into English Language by truthCoder2: 12:28am On Dec 29, 2022
smile4kenn:

small boy no too believe say you can always hide behind the internet and talk anyhow. Na belt I go use flog craze comot for your body. Internet just make small kids like you no just sabi wetin respect be. Because you dey collect 10kobo from the small javaScript you dey write you think say na their life start for you? Try get sense abeg so e no go be say your papa waste sperm and energy on top your head.
Smile4Kenny

Go and sleep.

You are too old for this.

Good night

(1) (Reply)

Top 15 Websites To Learn Programming/coding - Best Sources To Learn Quickly.! / Sending Email / Seat Booking System PHP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.