Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,038 members, 7,799,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

UPDATE: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her Facebook Friends - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UPDATE: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her Facebook Friends (3765 Views)

Cynthia Osokogu Was Chained & Strangled To Death / The Faces Of Cynthia Osokogu’s Alleged Murderers / Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her FaceBook Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UPDATE: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her Facebook Friends by vicky85(f): 5:45pm On Aug 21, 2012
***24 Year Old Cynthia Osokogu left Abuja in late July 2012 (according to reports, on the 22nd of July 2012). The post-graduate student of Nasarawa State University was a clothing retailer and had travelled to Lagos to purchase new stock.
Cynthia had been chatting with some new "friends" on Facebook for a few months. In the course of their conversations, they developed a friendship and a level of trust. These young men were also university students, they promised to host Cynthia when she came to Lagos.
There is speculation that they paid for her plane ticket and promised to pay for her hotel as well.
The two young men picked Cynthia up from the airport in Lagos and drove her to a hotel in Festac. At the hotel, they tied her up, robbed her of all the money she brought to shop for her business and strangled her to death. They then left the hotel and quickly deleted her from their Facebook friend list to remove any trace of their connection.
The hotel found her body and, since her ID cards and mobile phone had been stolen, they could not identify her or call friends and family. Her body was deposited in a morgue in Lagos. All this time, her family and friends were searching for the girl.
At some point, one of the culprits accidentally answered Cynthia's phone and the call was traced to Festac. Therefore, her missing person's police report was submitted to the Area E Command in Festac. This enabled her family to find her body in the morgue, and also led them to the hotel.
Using CCTV from the hotel, the killers were identified. According to reports, these two young men are university students who have now confessed that they killed Cynthia and she is their sixth victim - the gang reportedly specializes in luring unsuspecting young women, robbing them of their possessions before killing them.
Though there is speculation that their motive was ritualistic, it appears that it was greed and their main goal was to rob and kill. The pharmacist who supplied the drugs used on Cynthia and hotel staff have also been arrested. According to the police spokesperson Ngozi Braide, "Six people were arrested on Sunday over the incident and investigations are ongoing". As you can see, Cynthia is one of Nigeria's numerous social media generation girls (with BB and a facebook account), this unfortunately led to her demise

Re: UPDATE: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her Facebook Friends by pedestal82(m): 7:45pm On Aug 21, 2012
RIP, lady. But, all this could hv been avoided. A postgrad
And also having a business, why for christ sake will u be acceptin
Flight ticket, and hotel, from ppl u don't knw. Mctheew
Re: UPDATE: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her Facebook Friends by CrazyMan(m): 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2012
pedestal82: RIP, lady. But, all this could hv been avoided. A postgrad
And also having a business, why for christ sake will u be acceptin
Flight ticket, and hotel, from ppl u don't knw. Mctheew
Most Nigerin girls can be greedy and ittitating at times. Her death could have been avoided.

Its so sad...a fews months back, I read a similar incident like this, the lady in question came all the way from benue state to visit a guy in Enugu. On getting there, the was robbed, r a p p e d, and killed.

Our girls should be given proper orientation on how they should compose themselves with all these online relationships. They should avoid collecting money, gifts and even travelling long distances just to visit a stranger.

May her soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her Facebook Friends by vicky85(f): 9:18pm On Aug 21, 2012
Single Ladies in Nigeria in search of a life partner should be very careful. She has trusted the guy and she embarked on the journey of no return. I believe in natural things.I dislike the habit of travelling all the way/long distance all in the name of keeping a relationship. No one is perfect and this is a lesson to us all. Pls ladies, it is not ideal to travel a long distance to visit a man you don't know or even the one you know. Any man in his right senses will come look for you even if you stay abroad. Don't listen to your friends. Don't be in a hurry to marry. Your man will definitely locate you.
Re: UPDATE: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her Facebook Friends by pwettytemmy(f): 12:07am On Aug 22, 2012
Too many knots in d story. One minute her phone was stolen n d next minute her call was picked. Eida ways, d deed as bn done. This is another avenue for girls to be careful. This reminds me of a guy I met on bbm, he was so silly enof to travel four hours away from lagos during d first week of our knowing eachother, I simply told him to foolishly drive back to his base cos I'm и̣̣̣̥ϕ† even gonna set my eyes on him. ‎ Ђδω can u take such a big risk for someone you've known for just few days. SMH for some Pple
Re: UPDATE: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her Facebook Friends by Nobody: 5:26am On Aug 22, 2012
What a beautiful damsel may her soul rest in peace... We ladies have to be very careful.
Re: UPDATE: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her Facebook Friends by vicky85(f): 11:34am On Oct 04, 2012
I wake up everyday to read more about Cynthia. Gods way is pure and good. She was born with a silver spoon and yet used Love Machine intimacy gadget. Why is it that richmen children are unwise. 70% of them cos not all of them. We need to be more closer to God. I don't believe in meeting my husband on internet.I have never believed in that. I will marry,someone I have know before now.
Re: UPDATE: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her Facebook Friends by tpia5: 7:04pm On Oct 05, 2012
vicky85: I wake up everyday to read more about Cynthia. Gods way is pure and good. She was born with a silver spoon and yet used Love Machine intimacy gadget. Why is it that richmen children are unwise. 70% of them cos not all of them. We need to be more closer to God. I don't believe in meeting my husband on internet.I have never believed in that. I will marry,someone I have know before now.

^ if you dont shut up, you will be shut up.

1 Like

Re: UPDATE: Cynthia Osokogu Was Killed By Her Facebook Friends by Eliteklaus(m): 11:31am On Sep 28, 2016
my neighbour's child

(1) (Reply)

Sit At Home Unknown Gunmen Roast Two Soldiers This Afternoon VIDEO / Female Nigerian Pastor 'Lucy Adeniji' Jailed For Slave Trading In London / Graphic Photos : Innocent girl stolen by ritualists;Materialistic Ladies Beware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.