Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Etisalat 3G On Android. Pls Somebody Help. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat 3G On Android. Pls Somebody Help. (2745 Views)

Dual SIM Android With 3G On Both Sims / Activating 3g On Etisalat Line / Etisalat 3g Network Hsupa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Etisalat 3G On Android. Pls Somebody Help. by prettyboi1(m): 2:06am On Aug 22, 2012
I recently switched to using etisalat's data services on my Android phone. Since I started using it, it's been edge services only,no 3G services. I heard etisalat's data service is superb but the absence of 3G isn't making it seem so to me. A couple of people said there's something you do (besides changing from 2G/gsm to 3G/wcdma in settings) that would provide the 3G network. Please does anyone here know about such settings?
Re: Etisalat 3G On Android. Pls Somebody Help. by nonsito: 4:48am On Aug 22, 2012
lot reason why you might not be getting the 3G

Here is questions for you
1)what kind android is it? is it branded? Like att or tmobile? Reason being is both use different band and that why it branded phone. one is 1700 and the other is 2100 for 3G service

2)Put your Mtn on the same phone and see if you get 3G. If no, probable it phone setting or brand of phone BUT if you get 3G on your mtn then you look at your etisalat sim card

3)Make sure you don't have old or 2G sim card. Newer simcards are 3G but most older ones are 2G

Again can be other factors but just rule out these, then post what you outcome is and i can assist more
Re: Etisalat 3G On Android. Pls Somebody Help. by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 22, 2012
it also depends on the area where you live etisalat 3g coverage is not yet nationwide.... so you need to check with there customer care if they have it in your area

(1) (Reply)

NIPOST Delivery; Guys What Does This Mean? HELP! / How To Convert From3g To 4G / Phones With 48mp Camera You Can Buy In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.