Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). (3251 Views)

Meet Nigeria's N1.1 Billionaire ($5.5 Millionaire) Blogger / Quickteller's ONE TIME PASSWORD : My Experience And Grievance / Meet The World's Fastest Internet Millionaire (it Took Him Just 5 Months) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 22, 2012
Being a web master and a blog designer over the years have made me understand one fact and the fact is that anyone can build a multi million naira empire out of a simple blog.
We have seen the likes of Arianna Huffinton of Huffington post, the Mashable and Tech crunch of the world build a globally acclaimed blog out of a boot strap bugdet often starting out of their bedrooms or aparments.
We also have the likes of Bella Naija, Linda Ikeji and Loy Okezie in Nigeria.
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Frosti(m): 8:28am On Aug 22, 2012
Yeah, its very possible. But like all projects, it requires hardwork and dedication.
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Vicky4jah(m): 8:28am On Aug 22, 2012
So wht's the steps to take?
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 22, 2012
Vicky4jah: So wht's the steps to take?
I will be sharing that over time. Just follow me closely.
Frosti: Yeah, its very possible. But like all projects, it requires hardwork and dedication.
Yes that`s true. But most importantly,you can enjoy doing it and at the same time make money out of it.
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 22, 2012
There are things a blogging career will do for you.
* Control over your time.
This can never be quantified with money. The fact that you have control over what to do and when to do it without anyone bossing you around is a very fulfilling experience.
* Freedom.
Being a blogger gives you the freedom to choose what to blog about be it your passion or your hubby. Blogging is not just about writing alone. There are lots of successful video blogger who upload videos on Youtube and also post their blogs. Photographers too have been able to showcase beautiful photographs on their blogs. You have the freedom to choose whatever you want to focus on and pursue it to perfection.
* You determine your earnings.
Just ask any successful Nigerian blogger and they will tell you they will rather not do anything if blogging is taking away from them because as a blogger, YOU ARE YOUR OWN BOSS.
However, it`s not all beds of roses. Just like any other business, your success is predetermined by some factors which i will be sharing next.....
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 22, 2012
Number one on my list is your NICHE.
Identify a viable and marketable subject matter and make your blog cover subjects around it.
To make your blogging activity more fun, make sure your Niche is a subject you are deeply enthusiastic and passionate about.
Nothing else will motivate your readers to visit your blog often but your enthusiasm and passion for that subject matter.

Remember your goäl is to have a large readership base and fol£owership.
The larger it gets, the more money yöü mäk€.
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 22, 2012
chipmunkey: Numer one on my list is your NICHE.
Identify a viable and marketable subject matter and make your blog cover subjects around it.
To make your blogging activity more fun, make sure your Niche is a subject you are deeply enthusiastic and passionate about.
Nothing else will motivate your readers to visit your blog often but your enthusiasm and passion for that subject matter.

Remember your goäl is to have a large readership base and fol£owership.
The larger it gets, the more money yöü mäk€.

Awesome thread. I am yet to get your email. Well this is one area people are still having challenge on. I am going to be enlightening people on making money blogging on movies and even giving your visitors the real movie to watch while you monetize it. Coming to you all this evening.
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 23, 2012
@ ribechi, may God bless you. I`ve been very busy and tied down to work so i may have missed your mail or something else might have happened but in any case i am happy for you that you are already making a tidy amount online and this goes a long way to prove that making money as blogger is real and not a myth as so many newbies mäy want to believe.
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 23, 2012
Continued....
I will keep my posts as precise as possible.
Straight to the point with real live examples will also drive home the points i share here.
Testimonials and contributions are also very welcome.
THINK LONG TERM.
Just like every profitable business, your income stream will grow with time.
Don`t think you will start making money off your blog immediately.
Whoever promises overnight riches from your blog is surely a scam.
Your income grows with your audience and your audience grows with time.
Do not be in a hurry to make money as a blogger...
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 24, 2012
Here i am again keeping to my promise bringing DAILY tips to you.
Questions and suggestions are very much welcome.
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2012
EDUCATE, ENTERTAIN AND INFORM.
This subject cannot be over emphasised simply because itds the bedrock and foundation on which blogging success is laid.

You want to stay relevant and be reckoned with as a blogger. Then your posts must have these features.
Just like every other thing in life, if people don`t have anything to learn from you, you don`t keep them entertained, you don`t have any valuable information to share, then your blog is not worth a moment öf their time.
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 24, 2012
I will be leaving you tonight with this words of encouragement especially if you`re a newbie blogger.
Since this thread is about my personal experience, i can assure you that i know how it can be like when you are new to blogging.
I started marketing automobiles on one of my many blogs when i started and within a month, i was able to sell a brand new Kia Cerato. That was in 2010.
Though i did not recieve my due commission for the sales, i was not discouraged.
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 24, 2012
Rather, i was able to see the opportunities that lie in creating an automobiles dealing site that helped people list their cars for sale (online) with pictures and sellers contact details.
Hence naijacardeals was born.
I promptly made payments for my domain name and hosting to Trudigits and i got a Romanian web developer to set it up.
Will come back tommorow for more on this story and more valuable tips .

1 Like

Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2012
Just before i go tonight, i will leave you with this funny quote i saw on a Kenyan Lady`s profile and it says. I am not an optimist or a pessimist, i am a POSSIBLIST grin
This thread is for people who believe it`s possible despite the challenges you face and every moment i spend on it is dedicated to those who believe.
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 25, 2012
Good day great Nairalanders, hope you have found my posts useful so far, just in case you are visiting this thread for the first time, all we are doing here is sharing our blogging experience on our journey to ultimate success.
Sadly, we may all have made mistakesundecided But the good thing about it is that we learn from them and it makes us a better person.

I hope to see you share yours too and let us know how well you are doing.
To your Success...
DAVE.
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 25, 2012
CONTENT IS KING
As you start your blogging carreer, you have to understand the golden rule of blogging success which is QUALITY CONTENT, QUALITY CONTENT AND MORE QUALITY CONTENT. I cannot over emphasise that. It is very related to the point i mentioned earlier about being educative, informative and entertaining but this time your content must be unique, well researched and full of new discoveries.
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 25, 2012
Permit me to leave you with this quote by Rev Sam Adeyemi. He says the Quality of work by those driven by vision is far greater than that of those driven by survival.

So what drives you into blogging äs a carreer. Is it Adsense money? Or the desire to make an impact which ofcourse will be rewarded with lasting success.

2 Likes

Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2012
Hi Great Nairalanders.
I`m a lil bit excited today because i was able to accomplish a few of my set goals for last week.
First of all, i was able to set up a fivrr gig and secondly, i put up a domain name for sales on flippa and bidding starts from $500.
You may have come across both websites before but just in case you haven`t then i will recommend you should look them up.
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 26, 2012
BE CONSISTENT.
Most times when people start a blog, they become overwhelmed and feel somehow stuck in the middle, especially when it seems impossible to make money from their blog. I know becaue i`ve been there so if you are in the same position right now, don`t give up.

JUst hang in there and have fun as you do your thing. This is why PASSION is important because if you love your blog then m money would not matter because you love doing it in the first place.
Money is on£y a r€wärd for ä jöb wéll döñé.

1 Like

Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 27, 2012
Hello Great Nairalanders!

Been very busy today but i will come back on later to give you my tip for today.
Just so you know, most of the stuff i share on this thread have been learnt over time.

I apply them and i am surely getting results.
I will like to leave you with the link to a young Nigerians blog. His name is Bamidele Onibalusi and he blogs about freelance article writing. This is a p€rson i respect and admire so müch and he is only 18 years.
Bamidele €arns 6 figures jüßt wrítíñg ärtíç£€ß 4 öth€r b£ögß.^
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 28, 2012
Hi guys, whats up? Seems this thread is turning to a monologue so i decided to channel my energy into some other projects today but hey! Will stick to my promise as long as i get feedbacks from you guys.
PLEASE NOTE.
Inch by inch, i`m getting closer to cashing in on my first Mega bucks as a blogger.

Till then stay blessed and good night.

1 Like

Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by werthy(m): 7:16pm On Aug 29, 2012
pls dont stop am following u.am a new bee in bloging. Just startin out anyway
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 29, 2012
werthy: pls dont stop am following u.am a new bee in bloging. Just startin out anyway
Thank you for stopping by.
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by kulboi2: 11:43pm On Aug 29, 2012
Just saw this thread and am really been educated, pls do ride on... Am also a newbie in blogging
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by werthy(m): 7:44am On Aug 30, 2012
though am a new bee in bloging i have read a few thing as regards seo and content which am already feelin is not much of a work. But there one more tin ,designs.please can u help me with some material on editing or designing a blogers or wordpress page.tanks in advance.
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 30, 2012
Thanks @ werthy and cool boi.
You guys will surely read more practical tips from me.

For now, i`m also working on my blog to get good results so i can come back here and show you guys especially for Newbies.

I will find time to buttress more on the poits i`ve listed and add some more.

Thanks.
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by werthy(m): 11:09am On Aug 30, 2012
ok oga we de folow u
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 31, 2012
Good morning Nairaland. I8e got goodnew cuz i just delivered my first gig on fiverr yesterdaygrin each buyer pays $5 per gig so my account got credited after delivering on my job. I know it`s not much but at least that would pay my internet bills.

More updates coming soon.
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2012
chipmunkey: Good morning Nairaland. I8e got goodnew cuz i just delivered my first gig on fiverr yesterdaygrin each buyer pays $5 per gig so my account got credited after delivering on my job. I know it`s not much but at least that would pay my internet bills.

More updates coming soon.

Awesome. We are on the same page. what did you gig away on fiverr and how many gigs did you get? Yes quite small and i agree with you. It should pay your internet bills. But i am scaling mine up right now. But let me ask, on fiverr ow do you deliver stuffs to them. is it by email or they will go on a website 2do so? Or you get back to them manually?

I am building a paid membership site to run an online training center.
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 31, 2012
Fiverr has a messaging system so when your job is done, you have to send a picture evidence. In my case, i had to send screenshots of the blog i redesigned so when a staff sees it they mark the job as complteted and your account automatically gets credited.
Re: Becoming A Millionaire Blogger (My Experience). by kulboi2: 6:58pm On Aug 31, 2012
Ok, am in a kinda mix here... W@s this fivrr thing pls?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best Way To Bill Your Client For Your Website Design Jobs / how To Make Google Adsense Work For You / What Cool Joomla Site(s) Have You Seen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.