Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos (19596 Views)

Samsung Launches Galaxy Note2 In Lagos / Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 In Nigeria / Samsung Launches Galaxy S3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:54am On Aug 22, 2012
Samsung announced the Galaxy S Duos on Monday, the newest addition to the company’s Galaxy smartphone lineup.

Sporting a design similar to Samsung’s popular Galaxy S III smartphone, the Galaxy S Duos comes with one feature not found on many smartphones: the ability to support two SIM cards.

Dual-SIM support would allow you to have two different phones numbers, running on two different networks, on the same phone. For instance, if your work number is on MTN and you use Globacom in your personal life, you could pop both SIM cards in the Galaxy S Duos and use the same phone for both accounts.

“Its unique ‘Dual SIM Always On’ feature allows you to receive calls on one SIM number while taking a call from the other, ensuring that you can manage both personal and work commitments without ever missing a call.” Samsung said in a blog post announcing the phone.

The Galaxy S Duos has a 4-inch 480x 800 TFT touchscreen display and ships with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Under the hood, the phone has a 1GHz processor and has 4GB of built-in storage. It also has a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera.

While on the surface the handset looks similar to the Galaxy S III, it’s significantly different in some key ways. Specifically, the Galaxy S III has a 4.8-inch Super AMOLED screen with 1,280 x 720 resolution.

The Galaxy S III also has a higher-resolution 8-megapixel rear-facing camera and comes with 16 or 32GB of built-in storage. A number of other features are a cut above the S Duos on the spec sheet as well.

The Samsung Galaxy S Duos will be available next month in Europe, with no word on when or if it will ever head to Nigeria.

What do you think of the Galaxy S Duos?

Source: http://mashable.com/2012/08/20/samsung-galaxy-s-duos/

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by texazzpete(m): 9:54am On Aug 22, 2012
Single core CPU, low end GPU. if you plan to play popular 3D Android games, stay away from this.
This is an excellent phone otherwise for folks who don't play games.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by bigrovar(m): 10:57am On Aug 22, 2012
texazzpete: Single core CPU, low end GPU. if you plan to play popular 3D Android games, stay away from this.
This is an excellent phone otherwise for folks who don't play games.
anything other than angry bird and other 2D casual games then the phone is a no no.. I hope the device is released soon though. should be the perfect xmas present for couple of loved ones
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by sinade1(m): 11:20am On Aug 22, 2012
Good for naija environment where mobile network is on and off.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by Okijajuju1(m): 3:44pm On Aug 22, 2012
All na wash!!

This is a Samsung Galaxy S3 with provision for two sim cards.. Nothing more, Nothing less..

1 Like

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by seedord247(m): 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2012
When amelica is planing to send them out of their country cool
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 22, 2012
Impressive. From the look of the specs, Nah, I'll shop for the HTC Dual sim variant.

For those who carry three phones around, might prove a good investment.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 22, 2012
Excellent piece.but this tech world no dey rest.every minute there is always something better than the other.Some one will be planning to buy the latest Samsung Galaxy,another one will come out.Gosh! all is vanity!

1 Like

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2012
Battery life for samsung smartphones is my concern. If not, its quite a good spec. Dual sim active
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by ajos(m): 4:05pm On Aug 22, 2012
how much doz it goz 4...?any idea
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2012
And they say Samsung copied Apple. Copy my foot! Seems Apple's run out of ideas and is trying to switch to lawsuits as a primary source of revenue.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by MMM2(m): 4:17pm On Aug 22, 2012
Huh
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 22, 2012
iPhone has finally been murdered.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by Shaw007(m): 4:50pm On Aug 22, 2012
Okija_juju: All na wash!!

This is a Samsung Galaxy S3 with provision for two sim cards.. Nothing more, Nothing less..
i dont think so,this link compares both smartphones,be sure 2 note d differences

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4238&idPhone2=4883
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by Shaw007(m): 4:51pm On Aug 22, 2012
Billyonaire: iPhone has finally been murdered.
Iphone 5 dey come na!!
He who laughs last. . .

1 Like

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by coolted(m): 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2012
Just another toy for adult kids

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by seechris(m): 5:54pm On Aug 22, 2012
am sure its only in Africa people need to have two Sims, but Samsung would have made it up to the s3 standards, we will still buy it .
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by Okijajuju1(m): 6:04pm On Aug 22, 2012
Shaw007: i dont think so,this link compares both smartphones,be sure 2 note d differences

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4238&idPhone2=4883

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by Okijajuju1(m): 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2012
Part 2

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by Okijajuju1(m): 6:06pm On Aug 22, 2012
Can any Phone genius interprete this?!!
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by doofanc: 6:25pm On Aug 22, 2012
wow! dual sim android!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

just what I've been waiting for! with this they're sure to take over the nigerian market
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by texazzpete(m): 6:33pm On Aug 22, 2012
Billyonaire: iPhone has finally been murdered.

You should stick to commenting about things you know about.

doofanc: wow! dual sim android!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

just what I've been waiting for! with this they're sure to take over the nigerian market

Dual SIM android phones have been on sale for the past 2 years...

seechris: am sure its only in Africa people need to have two Sims, but Samsung would have made it up to the s3 standards, we will still buy it .

The Chinese are the world's biggest purchasers of Dual SIM phones. Most other asian countries too.

SimonAndal: And they say Samsung copied Apple. Copy my foot! Seems Apple's run out of ideas and is trying to switch to lawsuits as a primary source of revenue.

Ignorance kills. Do you know how much revenue Apple rakes in per quarter? Lawsuits my butt!
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by DeeAe: 6:58pm On Aug 22, 2012
abeg s3 still better pass sef
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by Gentleboby: 7:24pm On Aug 22, 2012
Samsung gooooooooooooooooo
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by inteli: 7:27pm On Aug 22, 2012
How much?
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by desthan(m): 8:09pm On Aug 22, 2012
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by ochukoccna: 9:06pm On Aug 22, 2012
Saw the news about this phone yesterday& methinks its a very watered down Samsung S3
Looks promising though
Also Samsung wants almost all the Smartphone market to themselves with the rate at which they are moving
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by baslone: 9:44pm On Aug 22, 2012
China phone don get dual sim since 1872!

1 Like

Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by oche419: 10:42pm On Aug 22, 2012
texazzpete:

You should stick to commenting about things you know about.

Dual SIM android phones have been on sale for the past 2 years...

The Chinese are the world's biggest purchasers of Dual SIM phones. Most other asian countries too.

Ignorance kills. Do you know how much revenue Apple rakes in per quarter? Lawsuits my butt!

iPhone fan grin
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by texazzpete(m): 10:51pm On Aug 22, 2012
Dee_Ae: abeg s3 still better pass sef

Captain obvious.
Re: Samsung Launches Galaxy S Duos by texazzpete(m): 10:51pm On Aug 22, 2012
oche419:
iPhone fan grin

That's a stretch...I use a Blackberry bold 9900 and a Galaxy S III. cheesy

I also use my brains grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Use PS2 Controller On Your Android Device / Airtel Monthly BB Complete 3gb For 1,400 / Twitter, Elon Musk Reach Deal On Buyout For $44bn, Announcement Imminent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.